(Topic ID: 132814)

The single pin that you hate, but can't bring yourself to sell....

By sohchx

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NicoVolta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Okay, I can't be the only one here like this lol. I was the owner of a FishTales for four long years up until a little over a week ago. I have hated the game since the moment I got it home for many reasons. Tons of times I thought about just selling it, but for some reason it had this grip on me where I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. It is the one single pin that I have been this way with and when I watched it ride off into the distance I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. Weird right?? Anyway, has anyone else here been in or are currently in this situation?? If so what is the game and why can't you let it go?

#2 8 years ago

Never had that problem. If I'm not feeling it, out the door it goes. I bought TS without ever playing it. After I fixed it up, I sold it within a month.

#3 8 years ago

BSD. Consistently kicks my ass. HATE it, but can't sell it.

#4 8 years ago

Hate is a strong word but I kind of feel this way about my SWE1. If it was the same size as a regular pinball machine it would be out the door but since it fits in a spot that I couldn't fit a full size machine I keep it since it allows me to max out my collection by an extra game.-It's not the greatest machine in the World but I don't mind it and It's better than having no pinball machine I wish Safecracker wasn't such an expensive game as I would gladly trade it out for one of those...

Same goes for my Roy Clark cocktail. If someone wants to sell me a Night Moves or Carribean Cruise to take it's place I'll kick it out the door but since it's occupying such a small space I hang onto it.

#5 8 years ago

If I don't like a game I get rid of it. I only really buy old games so I get a chance to play them to see if I like them first, so really I just don't buy games I hate.

#6 8 years ago

IM with yfz450, BSD is a game I can't stand 9 out of 10 games. I walk away hating it, then that 1 game is why I can't sell it

#7 8 years ago

Genie infuriates me as I'm locked into a battle with my son for high score. I play tight. He plays loose cause he's on the leader board. Kinda want it gone. Nah, one more game...

#8 8 years ago

Chirping Crickets. I had it sold once, but when the guy came to pick it up, I told him I had changed my mind. He was miffed but I gave him gas money for his trouble. Even though it's an EM, it has a spell over me. Maybe an exorcist could help.

#9 8 years ago

I feel that way with BMF right now. Can't hardly stand the game but just can't bring myself to get rid of it yet.

#10 8 years ago

Life Space is too short to keep games you hate.

#11 8 years ago

No fear, I think it's going to make me a better player, but it aint workin'

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from BobLangelius:

No Fear, I think it's going to make me a better player, but it aint workin'

Well it might make you better at using the right flipper, but not much besides that

#13 8 years ago

If I hate it in a good way, it'll probably stay. Otherwise it can't hit the door quickly enough!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-single-pin-that-you-hate-but-cant-bring-yourself-to-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.