(Topic ID: 209588)

The Simpson's Pinball Party Vault Edition? If made would you buy it?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by adborto
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a TSPP VE?”

• Yes! 51 votes
      36%
    • No! 73 votes
      51%
    • Oh look kids another poll! 18 votes
      13%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 138 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homer-Simpson-in-Jaws--121196 (resized).jpg
    Hemi Simpsons.jpg
    Hemi Simpsons..jpg
    #1 6 years ago

If stern made a TSPP VE would you buy it? In my opinion one of the best games stern has ever made. Lots of bells & whistles. The good old days when 3500 bought you a packed playfield with great code. How well would this title sell in today's world? I feel it would look great with a metal back box and new style speaker panel decal. What are your thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Uff no thanks

#3 6 years ago

lot better game than the shit they are putting out now

#4 6 years ago

Stern doesn't really seem to do bells and whistles any more.

#5 6 years ago

would buy one in a heart beat -too bad it will never happen-anyone in Canada have one to sell??

#6 6 years ago

Yes, top of my list

#7 6 years ago

Pending how much ?

#8 6 years ago

Theres a lot of them still around.

#9 6 years ago

Stern really needs to up their QC. I've seen way too many machines have issues right out of the box.

#10 6 years ago

Today, Stern's shitty quality makes it difficult to purchase any new offering from them.

I still have my original TSPP with less than 100 plays and color DMD, great game. My game is missing the following "features" which I am sure would be included with a TSPP Vault -

Peeling decals
    Ghosting
    Split cabinet
    Playfield chipping

#11 6 years ago

How could they improve on the best game they have built or ever will build?

John

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Today, Stern's shitty quality makes it difficult to purchase any new offering from them.
    I still have my original TSPP with less than 100 plays and color DMD, great game. My game is missing the following "features" which I am sure would be included with a TSPP Vault -
    Peeling decals
    Ghosting
    Split cabinet
    Playfield chipping

It cannot be that great if you have less than 100 plays on it. Play more!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

If stern made a TSPP VE would you buy it? ... I feel it would look great with a metal back box and new style speaker panel decal. What are your thoughts?

Not needed. Stern needs to quit dicking around and release a TRON VE already!

#14 6 years ago

Tron would be good as well but TSPP would be like getting a premium by todays standards - enough of the AC/DC already - Stern has flogged that horse way to much!!!!

#15 6 years ago

TSPP is a phenomenal game and is packed with awesome code and great playfield features. No way it'd align with their current mantra of "less is more".

#16 6 years ago

Id buy one for sure.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Peeling decals
    Ghosting
    Split cabinet
    Playfield chipping

Less than 100 plays? Why havent you played it any??

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Peeling decals
    Ghosting
    Split cabinet
    Playfield chipping

Yes send it north would gladly pay you NIB price -

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Less than 100 plays? Why havent you played it any??

Quoted from FalconPunch:

#20 6 years ago

I would buy a Simpsons vault edition. I actually think it would make for a great vault title, it is a fun packed game.

Stern could do a Premium vault model with full Atomic Green powder, premium side rails, pinblades, Color DMD, etc. included....

Hemi Simpsons..jpgHemi Simpsons..jpg
    Hemi Simpsons.jpgHemi Simpsons.jpg

#21 6 years ago

A lot of these were made, they are easy to find and prices have been pretty stable. Why would anyone want to pay $6500-7k for a stock vault when you can get a nice huo game for around $5k. In this case I’d think existing supply > future demand.

TRON on the other hand seems to command a bit of a premium and is harder to find.

#22 6 years ago

No way this would ever be made. This would be a premium game, with likely a $6700 street price at least. They will not sell very many TSPP @ $6700 IMO.

#23 6 years ago

I’d rather see a Tron VE first.

#24 6 years ago

I'd rather them make a new title... perhaps Jaws.

Homer-Simpson-in-Jaws--121196 (resized).jpgHomer-Simpson-in-Jaws--121196 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'd rather them make a new title... perhaps Jaws.

They make 3 new games a year and they can't release them with a good code so i really dont want to see them try and make 4 new games a year. 3 games and a Vault Edition is fine but the Vault Edition games should be older games and not games that they stopped making a year ir two ago. People are already talking about a TWD Vault and you can still buy a new TWD NIB. Thats dumb

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Too many games and never enough time.

#27 6 years ago

Cool game, but I have been there, done that so probably not for me. It does seem to be on the rise tho, and it would be cool to see it with an art update.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Beat me to it

#29 6 years ago

5 flippers, mini playfield, drop targets, legit toys, and real ball lock. How much do you think that would cost today? Anything less than $7500 and I would be shocked. No way that would make sense when there are plenty out there for way less. It's a cool game with a great theme. Just not worth big bucks to me right now.

#30 6 years ago

I would not buy again. Doesn’t matter though. You can buy one that’s like new for less than Sterns current NIB games. No reason to remake a game that you can buy for 5k any week of the year. That is, unless you want a Stern warranty...

#31 6 years ago

I would not buy a vault edition as I already own a TSPP.

#32 6 years ago

Broken record, Stern sucks blah blah blah. Another thread for complainers.

#33 6 years ago

I’ve owned TSPP 3 times. It’s a dream theme for me and I still can’t get into it no matter hard I try. I’ve read the whole rule set. It’s deep. I get that. I’ve played it probably 800-1000 times (not 100 lol!). The sounds drive me nuts (mainly the hurry up that is always active) and the game just gets repetitive. I would pass. Bring on Tron! I’m instantly buying that when it’s released.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Bring on Tron! I’m instantly buying that when it’s released.

+1

#35 6 years ago

+2

#36 6 years ago

I would pay $1000 over going price for an original TSPP before paying another $1500 over that for a POS vault edition. You can do a lot of nice color effects with the original game by changing color of bulbs etc instead of having to look at the cheap ass bright white LED GI circuit they put in the new Stern's games. And of course, I also refuse to pay extra for peeling CC, ghosting inserts and cabinets that fall apart as well as the stupid power switch under the head of the unit also. This is one of the games on which the price will go up if a VE version is announced, not down like the others.

2 weeks later
    #37 6 years ago

I’d buy a TSPP VE.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-simpsons-pinball-party-vault-edition-who-is-in?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.