9B1C12BE-A786-4E5F-91D0-712FE7DC1030 (resized).jpeg
23172E4C-9D2E-4A38-8EDC-547DFDE18DFC (resized).jpeg
3E7A2569-8830-4B42-AF67-BE24838A73A2 (resized).jpeg
503DC27D-7488-4329-B223-BDC303838E2F (resized).jpeg
F4AD1581-B1D7-4706-8013-D071FDF07F30 (resized).jpeg
ed79fe0083ad480ecd34c37dfe8d6a1fdf5c7671 (resized).jpg
7F4919D8-D180-4BD2-8D15-49F02D4906ED (resized).jpeg
7F680E7E-B2EC-44C9-9C3D-5774B1C2FCD0 (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

I sold the ramp assemblies to jardine

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I looked through my box of parts that ThatOneDude gave me and no luck on a motor.

No problem, thanks anyways. I've order one of these off Marco...hopefully it fits....looks identical:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7941

#53 1 year ago

Ok I'm starting to pull my hair out on these carnival lights. I swear that there is a relay or fuse or setting somewhere that is preventing them from working but damn if I can find it. I am more than open for suggestions. I have 20vdc at the bulbs (both header and up front) and in the flash test mode homers head works but the other 7 don't. I guess it's possible that all 7 transistors blew up but I find it unlikely. Past that I can't find a common link between all of the carnival lights.

Flash lights (resized).JPGFlash lights (resized).JPGFlash outputs (resized).JPGFlash outputs (resized).JPG
#54 1 year ago

When I got my machine, a lot of flasher bulbs were blown. I’m just making sure you checked the obvious and tried replacing the bulbs.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

When I got my machine, a lot of flasher bulbs were blown. I’m just making sure you checked the obvious and tried replacing the bulbs.

I couldn't believe that EVERY bulb other than the ones in the back of the playfield were out so I took a known good one from the back of the playfield and started testing sockets......... are you freaking me........ EVERY single carnival bulb was out, like EVERY ONE, not even a single one worked on the entire game.

That did uncover that line 1 is hard on so I am guessing Q25 is bad and needs replaced but I can easier believe that one transistor needs replacing over 21 bulbs.......

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

I couldn't believe that EVERY bulb other than the ones in the back of the playfield were out so I took a known good one from the back of the playfield and started testing sockets......... are you freaking me........ EVERY single carnival bulb was out, like EVERY ONE, not even a single one worked on the entire game.
That did uncover that line 1 is hard on so I am guessing Q25 is bad and needs replaced but I can easier believe that one transistor needs replacing over 21 bulbs.......

Haha, at least it’s an easy fix.

#57 1 year ago

I swear if I buy another "unique" machine from auction no matter how good a deal it is just shoot me. The used ramp motors I got both work (yay). The one (yes one) in the game does not. Bart motor tries to energize but just makes a humming noise so I'm hoping it is just jammed up somewhere. Replaced the blown shaker motor fuse and now it runs non-stop so adding a Q1 to the online order list.

I am either going to get this thing working, play it for a month and then part it back out or keep it forever at this point.

#58 1 year ago

I had a fix for Bart at the beginning of the forum. There’s an Allen screw behind the skateboard that gets loose. Hopefully it’s not the motor.

#59 1 year ago

Does anybody have a leg leveler sitting around or know of another machine it was used on that I could swap because I'm not getting any results on the part number ?. I have one with a bent shaft. Thanks

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Does anybody have a leg leveler sitting around or know of another machine it was used on that I could swap because I'm not getting any results on the part number ?. I have one with a bent shaft. Thanks

Do you have a picture?

#61 1 year ago

The description is - Leg Leveler 1/2-13 3-3/4"L with nut CH-0066-003-00A. I'm guessing that these were used on any game that had casters and leg levelers (cranes etc). The part number isn't giving me any success however Amazon has a number of options based on the description.

IMG_20220615_090919 (resized).JPGIMG_20220615_090919 (resized).JPG
#62 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure I have those still. I'll check in the morning.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I'm pretty sure I have those still. I'll check in the morning.

I ordered some (non stern but close in size) from a seller on Amazon that should be here today and "should" work but I'll check and see.

#64 1 year ago

My left ramp motor is starting to go out. Sometimes the ramp stops moving and I have to hit it a few time to get it moving again. I’m thinking that maybe the capacitor next to the motor just needs to be replaced.

#65 1 year ago

If anybody is looking to replace their leg levelers I got this set of 4 from Amazon and they seem to work. Note that they do not come with the locking nut if you don't have any. I got the 1/2-13 5" long ones because the stock ones are 3 3/4" but there doesn't seem to be any issues with the extra length.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F438Q94

1 year later
#66 5 months ago

This is my first post. Bart's skateboard motor would stop after a short time of running. Figured out that plastic teeth on the worm gear at the end of the motor shaft were falling apart.

Not wanting to pay a couple of hundred bucks for a new motor, I came up with an alternative. I used an uxcell Synchronous Gear Motor AC 24V 10-12 RPM motor. It was about $10 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y6LBJFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
It took me about 3 hours to modify the existing gear box and mount the new motor to it. Since the replacement motor was smaller, I choose a slightly slower motor (10-12 rpm) to give me a little more torque at the output shaft. Bottom line, it works. I have an mp4 file showing the assembly running on my workbench. Unfortunately, I just figured out that I can not post mp4 files on this thread.

FYI I have also used a version of this motor (15-18 rpm) to run the ramps. It was a lot easier modifying the ramp assembly to accept one of these motors.

1 month later
#67 3 months ago

Can anyone help me determine if this will fit in a 2014 CRV or 4Runner? Assuming it’s not ok to move on its side?

#68 3 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Can anyone help me determine if this will fit in a 2014 CRV or 4Runner? Assuming it’s not ok to move on its side?

I believe you can remove the wheels

#69 3 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

You can move it on it's side, the one pc of information I will give you is when you get it to your new location, before you touch that power plug open it up fully and look for every lost / misplaced / random token. I moved mine and didn't look everywhere (aka under the dunk tank, inside of things) and the tokens will short out all kinds of fun things on power up. If you need dimensions let me know and I will measure mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-simpsons-kooky-carnival-owners-thread/page/2?hl=felixtcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.