19 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by icanswim70
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Lkbj8P8RTMCr01V9wypMQw (resized).jpg
    IMG_1081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1095 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1096 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1094 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1092 (resized).jpeg

#1 19 days ago

My most saught after pin has entered my collection!

It was well priced, well looked after, clean and the game art was up there with best i've seen for title.

As this thing will be with me till the end, I want to make it shine like a new penny. But I've never done any of the repairs it needs.

The following are very important to me as a pinhead:

Backbox needs DESPERATE touching up (see picture)
    Cabinet could really use a redecal (I'm hesitant as redecaling has led to bubbles more often than not, and that worries me)
    Playfield is nice and clean, but could use a few non critical touch ups.
    Can the wood be touched up where chunks are missing?

Also missing the key holder

You old pros are incredible, so I wanted to start the ball rolling with what you guys have to say (I usually hang off every word lol)
    IMG_1081 (resized).jpegIMG_1092 (resized).jpegIMG_1094 (resized).jpegIMG_1095 (resized).jpegIMG_1096 (resized).jpeg

#2 18 days ago

Congrats on your new pin, icanswim! DE Simpsons will always a remain a favorite machine of mine. While it may only be based on the very beginnings of the show, those were the best episodes IMO. Have fun!

#3 18 days ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Congrats on your new pin, icanswim! DE Simpsons will always a remain a favorite machine of mine. While it may only be based on the very beginnings of the show, those were the best episodes IMO. Have fun!

Agreed! The early seasons demonstrated what a perfect animated comedy looked like!

#4 18 days ago

Has anyone done "water slide" decalling instead of playfield touch ups? I'd love to have the playfield touched up professionally but as of right now I can't get it off the floor of my garage alone; Because it's laying flat i can't pivot it, and i'm not strong enough to dead lift it.

As soon as I get it into the house I want to start sprucing it up. While i am as colorblind as a human can be, I saw these water slide decalling methods and am curious as it may be a good option for me. Anyone able to explain it? Any tutorials?

#5 16 days ago

Bump.

#6 14 days ago

I got it all set up in my basement! I've run into a small problem... The mechs are set to accept american quarters, but up in here in Canada eh So i removed the mech and have been just flicking the add credit switch. I have been digging through the manuals and cant find the freeplay instructions anywhere. Does anyone know how/where to switch it to free play?

Here's the pin as it sits now!

Lkbj8P8RTMCr01V9wypMQw (resized).jpg
    #8 8 days ago

There's always something needing attention... I'm trying to decide if i should touch up the play field (my brother is an artist and I would try to bribe him lol) and the cabinet is ROUGH as you guys can see. One thing at a time.

PLAY FIELD TOUCHUPS

I'm confused as to how you do this. I've watched the YouTube videos and read the guides around here, but the steps and order are messing me up. Does anything need to be removed before touchup is started or has the protective layer worn away? Then is it clear coat first, followed by touch up and another layer of clear coat?

Can someone give me the run down?

CABINET

ITS A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB ALRIGHT. Chips left right and center, worn and weather damaged decal (myself and previous owner figure it was at a resort of some sort outdoors) Saw Vid's guides, where in the hell do you start?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside