AEA3CBEE-680C-4625-BC62-2AAF0F07275C (resized).jpeg
1471930E-D6F8-4040-B4DD-A7DAFC2BC467 (resized).jpeg
AFA7527C-F65A-48B8-B0E7-BFD55F17750C (resized).jpeg
979740AE-637E-4DA9-84F6-29890507618E (resized).jpeg
20210614_Shrek 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190626_212841109 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190626_212856404 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I just picked up a Shrek and don't see much in the way of threads on it. Around 600 produced, so this is a small club. I thought about mixing it with Family Guy since it's the same pin with a different theme, but from the limited posts I read it seems like there are strong feelings on the different themes, so let's limit this to Shrek except where it's common hardware issues, etc. I'm guessing there are only about 200 to 300 of these machines in private collectors hands since operators were still buying the majority of the pins when this came out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Love the layout and rules and I know I am in minority, but I dig the green trim. Mine is usually setup as Shrek Guy. I find FGY to be the funniest pin ever, so being able to swap it in for Shrek callouts is ingenious. Back in the day I would find Shrek on location at lots of bars, while almost never finding FGY'S. I think just as many FGYs. we're out but they just weren't as memorable to see, aka Shrek just stood out better.

#3 7 years ago

I've never watched Family Guy and I'm not sure I'd be a fan of it, but it's certainly unique that the code can be switched back and forth for those that want to try both. The layout of Shrek isn't my favorite, but I like the mini-pinball toy more than I thought I would so far. Also, I did enjoy the Shrek movies and the sound-alike actors did a pretty good job, so I'm enjoying the call outs in the game. I do like humor in my games.

#4 7 years ago

I do find I have longer ball times on this game other games; besides the theme, it's a reason my kids really seem to enjoy it. They are 9 and 12. This is a really good family pin IMO.

I also enjoy doing mods. I purchased a large Shrek dragon off of eBay. I have figured out one way to mount it over top of the Prince Charming target and I shone 2 of the spotlights on it. The incandescent spotlights are not bright enough though, so I'm going to get some LEDs and start to do an LED swap of the bulbs. I'd love to see some pictures or description of Shrek with LEDs from other owners. Once I have LED spotlights shining on my dragon, I'll see how it looks and share a picture if it passes my own "looks good" test.

9 months later
#5 7 years ago

It's rapidly approaching a year since I picked up Shrek from Allentown. The kids still really enjoy it and the mini-pinball playfield has really grown on me over time. It doesn't seem like Shrek has an enthusiastic support base, but I like the game and it's fun to own a game that's a bit more rare.

#6 7 years ago

pasted_image donkey (resized).pngpasted_image donkey (resized).png

#7 7 years ago

I guess I can join the Shrek club.
I picked up a HUO one about 2 years ago.
My wife and kids especially love this title.

#8 7 years ago

Shrek seems to be a pretty rare game.
I almost never see them for sale.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

It's rapidly approaching a year since I picked up Shrek from Allentown. The kids still really enjoy it and the mini-pinball playfield has really grown on me over time. It doesn't seem like Shrek has an enthusiastic support base, but I like the game and it's fun to own a game that's a bit more rare.

That Shrek one WAS my first pin. My wife still might kill me for trading it. Glad you are enjoying it!

#10 7 years ago

Shrek is a great family friendly game that's good for kids.
I don't see too many themes like that coming out any more.

#11 7 years ago

I got Shrek NIB when it first came out, love it. Now days it would be a LE with all the toys in it.

#12 7 years ago

Any other Shrek owners out there??

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Any other Shrek owners out there??

I have one!

#14 7 years ago

I own one.

#15 7 years ago

I just played one for the first time Friday night. Fun game! Hard to believe how difficult the smaller scale Donkey Pinball is!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I just played one for the first time Friday night. Fun game! Hard to believe how difficult the smaller scale Donkey Pinball is!

On mine, the small flippers can really overpower the smaller-sized ball when it is flying around, so I had to learn to be patient, catch the ball, and get the right touch on it to make the shots. It's grown on me more & more over time -- I really look forward to it now.

pasted_image shrek (resized).pngpasted_image shrek (resized).png

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I have quite a few machines now and when I tell pinball people that Shrek/FG is in my top 3 they are quite surprised. However, most of the more casual players who visit my home all gravitate to the machine.

#18 7 years ago

Had a HUO Shrek and want one back, or a FGY.

#19 7 years ago

My kids had some friends spend the night and it got played a lot between last night and this morning. Family fun game.

#20 7 years ago

I wish there were more family friendly themes coming out.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I am surprised that a DisneyWorld/Land machine hasn't been released.

Using today's technology, it could incorporate old clips from their most famous movies and cartoons.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

There are so many family friendly games around. POTC, WCS, MM, GB, Spiderman - just put them on family mode and it will be a great game for kids, bashing castles, ghosts, pirates. The only ones I can think of not very suitable are The Walking dead and Rob Zombie...

1 month later
#23 6 years ago

I picked one up a few months ago...wasnt on my radar but turns out it is a great game...

I have found that any picture I post when I have a game for sale that has the Shrek in the backround usually results in someone asking me if it is for sale.

#24 6 years ago

hi,i own this game since 3 years and i can say that Shrek's pinball is underrated
i don't go to the end of the game,i can lit the five missions,then there is a final but i have not enough ball to understand what to do.

#25 6 years ago

It's a very fun game.
I wonder how many are in the hands of collectors vs how many got destroyed.

#26 6 years ago

600 produced,right ?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

600 produced,right ?

Yep, 600 made, but I think many of those went to Chucky Cheese locations.
Even if the games didn't get destroyed in that environment, I think Chucky Cheese pitched a lot of their games to keep them out of the hands of any competitors.

#28 6 years ago

I still have mine which was purchased new from Jack at Pinball Sales.

I love the game so much I have FG as well.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I still have mine which was purchased new from Jack at Pinball Sales.
I love the game so much I have FG as well.

It's definitely a unique game.
Gotta love that mini playfield.

#30 6 years ago

There's one my mate operates that I'm thinking of grabbing off him when he's ready to sell. Call outs seem fun and I do like the family guy layout

#31 6 years ago

We love our Shrek. For a while I've been wanting to make some changes to the sound using (program whose name has slipped my mind...). My wife and I love the music from Shrek the Musical and want to swap in some of those songs.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

It's definitely a unique game.
Gotta love that mini playfield.

It might be the only mini-playfield I enjoy.

1 week later
#33 6 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

We love our Shrek. For a while I've been wanting to make some changes to the sound using (program whose name has slipped my mind...). My wife and I love the music from Shrek the Musical and want to swap in some of those songs.

Use pinbrowser software for that.

1 week later
#34 6 years ago

Count me in on May 21st.

3 months later
#35 6 years ago

Looking for help with my single drop target. The switch stopped registering in both game and test mode. I replaced the opto followed by the entire switch and that didn't fix the problem. All other switches in the same row and column of the matrix are working fine. The voltage at the switch is 5.01v. When the target is up, the green brown lead measures 1.88v and the tan black measures 2.65v. When the target is down, the green brown lead measures 3.29v and the tan black measures 3.49v. If I short the green brown lead with the tan black lead, the switch registers in test mode. This is why I assumed it was a switch problem to begin with. Now I'm at a loss and I'm open to suggestions.

5 months later
#36 6 years ago

Got a huo shrek today. Very happy with it.

2 weeks later
#37 6 years ago

How do you get the hidden skillshot ? Got it today but have no idea what I did exactly.. I plunged too soft so it didn't drop any droptarget but don't know what I shot next.. just saw 'hidden skillshot' on the dmd..

#38 6 years ago

HI you can get it when you go under the mini playfield as soon as hou send your Ball

1 month later
#39 5 years ago

Hello,
i'm gonna get a shrek in few weeks. Main issue is the paint scratched on lockbar and rails. Did anyone had to repaint them ? Any good tips to obtain the same powder coating ?? Thanks

#40 5 years ago

I have a Shrek that was changed to cool LED lights. It is a bit distracting to me. I want to change it to warm LED lights.

Also, is like to color DMD it but currently nothing is available.

#41 5 years ago

I have owned one for a few years now. It's a former Chuckie Cheese machine too.

#42 5 years ago

Color dmd would be great fror this machine.

#43 5 years ago

Agreed. This is a game that is good with DMD since it is "cartoony" in nature but the color would be awesome on Shrek.

#44 5 years ago

5 months later
#45 5 years ago

Picked up a very clean HUO Shrek for the family last week. This will be a great addition. No manual was included. Any idea on the size or replacement number for the small pinballs in Donkey Pinball? I’d like to get a few for backup.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Picked up a very clean HUO Shrek for the family last week. This will be a great addition. No manual was included. Any idea on the size or replacement number for the small pinballs in Donkey Pinball? I’d like to get a few for backup.

http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=1806

3 weeks later
#47 5 years ago

I just joined the Shrek club with a nice HUO example. Does anyone have a link to the manual, or know how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the mini playfield off? I'd like to switch the lighting under there. Thanks in advance!

#48 5 years ago

Hello,
just few pics to show my ongoing WIP on my shrek.
New paint, and PIN2DMD : https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDVrAcew7dyaf8g49

so great pinball

7 months later
#49 4 years ago

We are happy to announce that Titan Tiny Flipper is now available in limited colors. These are the tiny flipper rubber for Munsters, Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flippers. They are available at titanpinball.com on the Titan Competition Silicone Rings page in the "Ring Size" dropdown box, 6th item from the top. We have Purple, Blue and Translucent and in a few weeks we will also have Red, Green and Glow.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#50 4 years ago

Hi, I would like to share with you our current fundraising to purchase brand new pinball machines for our local Children's Hospital, they would replace the actual machines I've placed with my wife.
Share the love and don't hesitate to PM me for details :

https://www.ulule.com/des-lumieres-dans-les-yeux/
all details : https://www.deslumieresdanslesyeux.fr/en

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shrek-club-all-ogres-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.