(Topic ID: 306316)

The Shadow WPC-S Switch Matrix Driving Me Batty

By herbertbsharp

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I've been playing around with this for a while, disconnecting switches and even trying another WPC-S board to try and find the problem and I could use a little help pointing in the right direction. The left phurba control switch is triggering the following switches:

coin door closed, 22, wht-red grn-red
buy-in button, 23 wht-orn grn-red
m(o)ngol target,26 wht-blu grn-red
mongo(l) target, 27 wht-vio grn-red
mong(o)l target,28 wht-gry grn-red
L. Phurba, 34 wht-yel grn-orn
trough 4, 44 wht-yel grn-yel

So it triggers the left phurba like it should, but also all the others listed. It triggers a bunch of grn-reds even though it is green orange. I have disconnected all switches listed and it persists. I also hooked the harness for the left phurba button to the right to verify it is not the left switch or diode. Disconnecting J207 corrects the issue, so it is likely something hooked up to that connector (?), but I have no clue what. No other switches appear to be an issue. Everything looks good under the playfield, unless I missed something.

Any idea where to look? Does the switch list give a clue? I'd rather not test every diode on every switch, not sure if it is even a diode problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 year later
#3 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Based on your J207, you can reason it is in the wiring/PF and not on the board. My last resort is usually to disconnect the offending switches in the opposite order they are wired (not with switch matrix order) starting at the last one and working towards MPU. At this point I am looking for bad diodes, faulty grounds/shorts/things touching, hacks/added jumper wires, incorrectly replaced/wired switches, and switches that are adjusted wrong (normally closed when they should be N.O; which doesn't always throw credit dots, and will "pass" switch diagnostics). Sorry I don't have anything more specific. Good luck!

Bump! Thank you very much, but I am still stuck on this. I've disconnected all switches that show up (and more) and it still is doing it. In all my years this is the only thing I haven't figured out. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-wpc-s-switch-matrix-driving-me-batty?tu=herbertbsharp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.