Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dudah
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I'm having an issue with my Shadow I cannot sort out. Most of the time, the game plays perfectly but once in a while I get a "slam tilt" error and the game restarts, and it always happens during multiball. I've gone through all the switches in test mode, and there is one error I cannot figure out how to fix. When the MO(N)GOL or MON(G)OL switch is pressed, the correct switch AND the "LEFT RUBBER" switch are activated. When the "LEFT RUBBER" switch is pressed, only that switch is activated. See the switch test video here -

Could this switch error be the issue and the reason the game is slam tilting during multiball? None of these switches are in the same row or column as the slam tilt switch. Any help would be appreciated. Like I said, it doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it is always during multiball and usually during a pretty damn good game...

Dave

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like the basic switch matrix problem.

Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, or a short to switch wiring.

If it's been worked on right before this started, start there. If not, then I'd start with exposed switches that balls could hit and bend the switch lugs and wiring.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Thanks LTG - I'll dig in further. I did not do any switch work on this game, neither did the previous owner.

#4 2 years ago

Is there a chance you might be slam tilting it? Make sure the slam-tilt has a large gap between the contacts. I had a machine with the slam-tilt a little sensitive, and my buddy would always get excited during multiball and not realize how much he was jostling the machine.

#5 2 years ago

I had this same problem on my shadow. Would happen especially during multiball, game would randomly slam tilt.

Look at the X and Y axis where the SLAM TILT is on the switch matrix. I had a bad diode at the wall target. I replaced it and it happened a handful of times after, but not for the last 100+ games. I also bent the coin door slam tilt way back and disconnected the one that connects to the coin door interface board.

The coin door popped open the other day (no lock) and putting it back I noticed the cable loom naturally pinched in the door. That led me to suspect that could be the cause as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Enon, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portland, OR
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fallston, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Trivoli, IL
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside