IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG
IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG
IMG_2531.JPG
IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Got this on a trade at York show-

These are my thoughts but please critique if you will..

1. Looks to be a re-import
2. Nice playfield very little sactum wear covered by mylar, no insert wear anywhere PF shines nice.
3. LED's throughout
4. Missing one sword on left ramp diverter
5. Works 100% no credit dot
6. Has mongol figures installed/not sure if they are factory or mod
7. Nice backglass
8. Overall nice cabinet with no fade, could use new head decals if you wanna get picky, also has a couple small screw holes on right far back side of cabinet. I hear this is typical for re-import, good news is there in the all black area should be able to fill sand and touch-up with little effort. Could use a good clean inside, but underside of play-field is immaculate looks like HUO. No rust.
9. Overall clean but could use a detailed shop again if u wanna get picky, which i like too =)
10. Polished legs and leg protectors installed
11. One slot cliffy protector at ball drop.

Some games im looking to trade for: Very nice- TAF, LOTR, WH20, BK2K, BSD, Congo, EATPM, or Black Rose would consider a few others but mainly them at the moment. I can add cash if needed.

Im sure theres more but you get the idea, heres some pics! Thanks in advance

IMG_2494.JPGIMG_2494.JPG IMG_2528.JPGIMG_2528.JPG

#2 11 years ago

There is no such thing as a tasteful LED.

You did ask for a critique.

#3 11 years ago

cabinet pics

IMG_2531.JPGIMG_2531.JPG IMG_2532.JPGIMG_2532.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Inside cab

IMG_2535.JPGIMG_2535.JPG IMG_2536.JPGIMG_2536.JPG

#5 11 years ago

Sanctum pic

IMG_2529.JPGIMG_2529.JPG IMG_2533.JPGIMG_2533.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Redeyes, Redeyes, Redeyes. I'll..forkGIVE if you'll..forkGET.

Sorry, but I have been wanting to do that.

I think I met you at York. Did you have the W?D and BSD at York? If so, you were tied up when I was leaving and didn't want to interupt.

Anyway, why not keep it to play for a bit? Do you not like the game? Great flow and just enough to be really challenging to get to and complete the wizard mode.

Dan

#9 11 years ago

Another LED hater haha thanks Tylor! Dan! Hey bud ya I did meet you, I just have my mind set on some other stuff at the moment and took TS as trade bait for next pin.. Good to meet both of you at the show! Hope to catch up with both of you soon!

This is exactly why im asking y'all what its worth cause pricing seems to be all over the board for this title.. 700 difference to me is big when you are able to see the detail im providing..
keep em coming! Thanks!

#10 11 years ago

It looks like it's missing one of the Mongol figures. I also don't know what the deal is with that piece of metal spanning the entrance to the right ramp. There should be a clear plastic there. It should clean up nicely, but it will probably need a new set of clear plastics. Fortunately, repros are now available for the Phurba and the Mongol. In today's market, I'd say this machine would be somewhere in the $2,000-$2,500 range.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

There is no such thing as a tasteful LED.
You did ask for a critique.

I disagree, but I wont thumb down

#12 11 years ago

2500+ all day long. These things dont sit on the market long at all

#13 11 years ago

I just sold mine fairly recently for 2500CAN, it was really nice. Bit of sanctum wear, bit of cab scratches. Super nice playfield, all pieces intact. Prices are higher up here though...

#14 11 years ago

Anyone missing or have busted phurbas, Brock from pinball customs makes the repros.

phurbas.jpgphurbas.jpg

He also has my old Shadow too which I really miss playing. Maybe when he gets bored of it I will buy it back

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

This is exactly why im asking y'all what its worth cause pricing seems to be all over the board for this title

Threads like this always generate artificially high prices. What I imagine someone else might be willing to pay is always going to be higher than what I would actually fork over in cash. Put it up for sale or trade and see what kind of actual offers you get.

#16 11 years ago

Meet me half way to Cincy and I will give you $2200 Asap

#17 11 years ago

What's amazing is that you could get a mint one for about $2K a year ago.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Another LED hater haha thanks Tylor! Dan! Hey bud ya I did meet you, I just have my mind set on some other stuff at the moment and took TS as trade bait for next pin.. Good to meet both of you at the show! Hope to catch up with both of you soon!

This is exactly why im asking y'all what its worth cause pricing seems to be all over the board for this title.. 700 difference to me is big when you are able to see the detail im providing..
keep em coming! Thanks!

Ryan (IIRC): My vision generally cannot deal with LEDs.

Hey, we were talking trades there involving your W?D and BSD. If the W?D is still with you, PM me if you are still interested.

Did you get the initial Redeyes quote?

Dan

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from GListOverflow:

Threads like this always generate artificially high prices. What I imagine someone else might be willing to pay is always going to be higher than what I would actually fork over in cash. Put it up for sale or trade and see what kind of actual offers you get.

I understand, I may not end up trading it though if i dont get many replys I will use it to help fund a restore a friend is doing on another one of my pins. Also I kinda thought thats what I was doing by putting in the title Looking to TRADE.. Thanks!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Ryan (IIRC): My vision generally cannot deal with LEDs.
Hey, we were talking trades there involving your W?D and BSD. If the W?D is still with you, PM me if you are still interested.
Did you get the initial Redeyes quote?
Dan

Dan! Dude I traded the Who Dunnit to get TS! ahh haha u disappeared man and i really didnt think you were that serious, sorry! How bout I trade you TS

No i didnt get quote.. right over my head!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is there such a thing as a mint one?

Sorry, I should have said near mint. Rich Huff sold one at Expo last year for less than $2K. I saw and played the game. It was a gorgeous example.

#23 11 years ago

Overview shot from York show

IMG_2475.JPGIMG_2475.JPG

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Dan! Dude I traded the WHO dunnit to get TS! ahh haha u disappeared man and i really didnt think you were that serious, sorry! How bout I trade you TS
No i didnt get quote.. right over my head!

Man, that is what I get for not capre pinballem! Crap! That was the nicest W?D I have ever seen.

Got a TS and a very nice one at that. BSD still in your clutches?

Have you seen Mystery Men? The Blue Raja, a rather effete, British accented, utensil-throwing superhero wannabe in a green quilt and white turban is back in his room praticing his rap before his mother bursts in. He just got back from a rather unsuccessful fight against the Redeyes at a nursing home.

Really a quirky movie, but I think it is funny. Ben Stiller, Paul Rubens, William H. Macy, Jeneane Garafollo, Greg Kinnear, Eddie Izzard, Hank Azaria, Jeoffrey Rush and Tom Waits. Great Cast!

Good pin theme.

Dan

#25 11 years ago

I concur, a year ago it was a $2000 pin but like most other desirable DMDs it's crept up.

Lately they seems to run from $2200-$2800 in decent shape. I would think with the missing mongol, broken Phurba and missing clear plastic it would be on the lower end of the range. Decent looking example though.

#26 11 years ago

The ramps are rough on this one. I would say $2k. I just sold mine last week.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

The ramps are rough on this one. I would say $2k. I just sold mine last week.

You mean metal ramps or wireforms? If metal ramps what makes a metal ramp rough? Just curious thought they were indestructible lol If wireforms yes they need polished.. but should clean up nice

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Man, that is what I get for not capre pinballem! Crap! That was the nicest W?D I have ever seen.
Got a TS and a very nice one at that. BSD still in your clutches?
Have you seen Mystery Men?
Dan

Havnt seen that movie! haha Sry BSD is in rehab

#28 11 years ago

Price checks are going to yield a high percentage of BS estimates IN MY OPINION. Owners quote a high price and buyers quote a low one. Disinterested parties typically abstain from commenting.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Disinterested parties typically abstain from commenting.

LOL! that was hilarious! Unfortunately, not always true........

Dan

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

haha Sry BSD is in rehab

Whuhoppin?

Dan

#31 11 years ago

I think mine was nicer, intact and much cleaner..... and I sold it a couple months ago for $2400 (in the midwest).

I had a fair amount of interest at that point (that was my asking price), but it wasn't like it sold in 24 hours or anything.

So I'm going to say $2100-$2400, depending on the motivation of all involved.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Price checks are going to yield a high percentage of BS estimates IN MY OPINION. Owners quote a high price and buyers quote a low one. Disinterested parties typically abstain from commenting.

I actually agree with this to a certain degree however owners and buyers are typically the ones most closely following the current market prices for said pin. Disinterested parties would naturally abstain because they're, well, disinterested and have no idea what the current market price is. In full disclosure I own a Shadow consequently I try to temper my natural bias and provide what I believe to be an accurate estimate. Now I don't know that this comment was specifically directed towards me but I think the range given to be pretty close to what I have seen as of late. My best guess, as stated above, would put it at the bottom of the range indicated (say $2200-$2400).

Your larger point though is a good one, all owners like to see their pins appreciate and if your in the market to buy you want to push the prices lower. Therefore it's good idea to take all such estimates with a grain of salt but that doesn't mean it's necessarily BS.

Randy

#33 11 years ago

I am leaning more and more toward shadow for my first pin. Anyone close want to sell one?

#34 11 years ago

Too much passion going on for people to accept opinions.

Pinballs are equivalent to classic or desiresd sports cars.

Condition, mileage, mods and desirability dictate price. There is no exact science.

I have no dogs in this game but they have been going for over 2700 since June and will only be going up. Yours is not mint but still mostly complete. All shadows have rough ramps and non-perfect wire forms. They all have wear and sloppy diverter as well as welds on all ramp entrances and the motor bracket. With that said this looks to be right about average. Mint ones will be over 3k

I'd love for prices to be what they were last year as I bough my machine from someone who found it in a barn for $200. But those times are long gone thanks to Craigslist and forums like this

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from rplante:

davewth said:

Now I don't know that this comment was specifically directed towards me but I think the range given to be pretty close to what I have seen as of late.

Your larger point though is a good one, all owners like to see their pins appreciate and if your in the market to buy you want to push the prices lower. Therefore it's good idea to take all such estimates with a grain of salt but that doesn't mean it's necessarily BS.

Randy

Hey Randy,
I didn't even read any of the responses. Sorry if i offended you or anyone else. I agree with the comment you made above but i do feel that some owners and buyers intentionally try to move the market price based on some of these price check threads. I think your estimate is "in the ballpark".

I am officially bowing out of these kind of threads along with any of the "vs." threads. There's just too much hostility around here lately and i see i unknowingly threw some fuel on the fire.

Once again, sorry.

-dave

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Anyone missing or have busted phurbas, Brock from pinball customs makes the repros.

He also has my old Shadow too which I really miss playing. Maybe when he gets bored of it I will buy it back

Thanks I was hoping it was easily available

#38 11 years ago

Hey Dave, no worries.

No offense taken and I agree that some do try to move the market with these threads but some are simply trying to be helpful.......... The trick is determining which is which.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

also has a couple small screw holes on right far back side of cabinet. I hear this is typical for re-import,

Not to hijack, but why is this? My Indy is a reimport and has this too.. looks like there was once a sign screwed in to the side. Any insight?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

My Indy is a reimport and has this too.. looks like there was once a sign screwed in to the side. Any insight?

Maybe instead of stickers, the ops over there are required to mount some kind of plaque to the game with screws.

#41 11 years ago

Uhhhg.....too far away. I want a shadow and I am getting my Congo ready for trade

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Not to hijack, but why is this? My Indy is a reimport and has this too.. looks like there was once a sign screwed in to the side. Any insight?

Not sure I'm guessing a sign of some sort as well. Maybe it's European gaming law to have a tag. The small screw holes are on far back in a black area so it should be easy fill and touch up u can hardly see even in that close up pic. Of course I'm sure someone would is Dis agree

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Uhhhg.....too far away. I want a Shadow and I am getting my Congo ready for trade

Don't you wanna take a trip to Amish country PA?

#44 11 years ago

I just bought one in Illinois 3 months ago for $2400, and it looks a lot like yours except everything was intact. Mine was also less dirty, but that all looks like it will clean up fine.
Great game-it's making me a better player, because if you miss a shot, it's usually a drain.

My guess would be around $2200-2400.

#45 11 years ago

My offer stands.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

Don't you wanna take a trip to Amish country PA?

Unfortunately, my better half has banned me from pinball related road trips until our daughter in one year old.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

My offer stands.

Huh? Did u PM me?

Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Unfortunately, my better half has banned me from pinball related road trips until our daughter in one year old.

Your daughter is way more important than any pin! I'm glad she cracked the whip on you.

#48 11 years ago

No I offered you $2200 if you met me half way to Cincinnati! ^

#49 11 years ago

Shadow is an awesome pin that for the past few years now has finally been getting some love. The prices have been rising on them since folks are starting to look into these titles being that the usual A titles are becoming harder to find, and realizing how nice this machine is. I have one in my collection and their she'll sit, it a fun pin but a shooters game for sure. Good luck with the sale as I'm sure it will move quickly, but if it don't it really isn't a bad title to have in your line as well.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

No I offered you $2200 if you met me half way to Cincinnati! ^

I'm really just lookin for a trade, thanks tho!

Just got an offer fir a trade on a nice Congo I'm looking through pics at the moment.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

but if it don't it really isn't a bad title to have in your line as well.

The more I play it the more I'm liking it! It's def a players pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-whats-it-worth-looking-to-tradepics-attached and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.