Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1.jpg
ShadowAltTranslite.jpg
shadow_translite_.jpg
colton_006.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Ok, looking like I will buy a Shadow as it has a mint playfield, no wear at all and it is a cracking game. Same designer as MM, AFM so it has to be good really. I strongly believe if it had a great back glass it would be top 15 and top 10 if it say had a Star Wars theme.

Anyway, if only it did not have Alec Baldwin taking over the back glass! The cab art is A1 as is playfield.

So, if I get it, do I put it in a different room to my other pins? If you had AFM, MM, would you put TS next to them to complete the set???

Would others be tempted to use alternate translight?

Any plans out there for any more to be made? I know a new Shadow movie is supposedly on the cards.

I will get one though as the game is just so good, deep, addictive for a home environment that I will try not to notice Alec! Also 5 brass wireform ramps........what other game has that many?!

#2 12 years ago

Shadow is a great game with great flow. Yes it has a bad rap due to the backglass, but when your playing the hell outta the game you really dont have time to notice the backglass. Plus it will grow on you with time. I personally think the backglass for STTNG is just as bad but for some reason people love it.

#3 12 years ago

sounds to me like you have an unrepairable problem, just buy the thing and leave it at my house, you won't have to look at Mr. Baldwin and I'll tell you how much fun I'm having, it'll be just like having your own, trust me.

#4 12 years ago

I think there are alternative back glass scans around, if not get one made maybe.

#5 12 years ago

I can't imagine a bad glass stopping me from buying a pin if that's the only thing i didn't like. Maybe if it had two dudes kissing (or worse) on the backglass, not that there's anything wrong with that... (seinfeld quote there).

Check ebay completed listings, there is at least one alternate bg out there.

#6 12 years ago

I bought this before ever buying the machine. Now I have never bought a Shadow, so if you want this one I will sell it to you for $100.00 plus shipping.

colton_006.JPGcolton_006.JPG

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I bought this before ever buying the machine. Now I have never bought a Shadow, so if you want this one I will sell it to you for $100.00 plus shipping.

I don't even own TS yet but I will bite for $100 if he doesn't!

#8 12 years ago

You don't play the backglass. I guess I don't understand the comment about putting it in a different room, but the art is only as big a deal as you make it.

#9 12 years ago

ignore that yellow line running through it. That is an led light string behind it. It isa in perfect condition.

#10 12 years ago

And in answer to the original question, TS stands up fine in a room full of "A" list pins. Don't worry about the back glass....it's the way the game plays that makes it awesome!

#11 12 years ago

Shadow is a great game, surely the equal of his other 3 games...IMO better. So what about the BG. Do people freak about IJ BG? Same pose.

$100 for the alternate is not a bad deal if the original really bothers you. Shadow is one of the fastest most bad-assed games around, don't get hung up on the art work.

#12 12 years ago

shadow>afm and MM. I happen to dig the backglass too. It's so out it's in

#13 12 years ago

I don't think the backglass is that bad either. I don't like any of the alternate ones either. It's what they did to movie pins in the 90's. You will miss out on a lot of cool pins if you don't like actors faces on the back glass.

#14 12 years ago

I don't mind the backglass at all. The speaker panel is uglier hahah.

IMO its a total nonissue, game is great and challenging

#15 12 years ago

Thanks for offer. Really not sure yet what I will do. Didn't realize there are at least 3 different alternate translites! I may get used to it. If BR wants it, that is ok by me.

What I did not realize is how much there is in this game and the quality of the toys/ramps and playfield etc. Surprised at how much cheaper they are relative to other pins especially as only 4000 plus made.

2 more alternate translite.

shadow_translite_.jpgshadow_translite_.jpg ShadowAltTranslite.jpgShadowAltTranslite.jpg

#16 12 years ago

Oh, and here is original! Not sure which is my favourite really!

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#17 12 years ago

Oh my god just buy the game. It is soooo much fun and hard as hell.

#18 12 years ago

Meh. Doesn't look terrible imo. A couple of those other translites are pretty cool too.

#19 12 years ago

The alternate BG's are way better - the one steve has looks awesome. I have to say I've heard great things about this machine, not that the BG would stop me, but it doesn't help. Given it's as good as everyone says (only got to play once or twice) I'd jump on it and throw on steve's glass...how readily available are they?..

#20 12 years ago

Have all 3, Shadow is a great playing game. I love the ramp diverters. I got the alternate translite, not because I don't like Alec Baldwin, but rather I like the look of pulp comic/art deco theme. I don't want to be reminded of the movie. I hate the speaker panel because of this too.

Back to point: Shadow really compliments the other 2. Incredible game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-what-would-you-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.