21%
  • Thanks for yet another poll D-Bag 14 votes
    6%

(254 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

76A39BE3-C526-407E-9721-E9BC1BCEA38C (resized).jpeg
room_view_with_pinballs (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luppin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

For me, The Shadow is the best game ever made in terms of fun and flow. A complete package. If the theme or the backglass were different it would be a top 10 pin for sure. If the price were the same it would be Shadow all the way.

And if you set up the rules properly is top1:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-luppin-rules

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If anyone has a nice Shadow available within decent driving distance in/around Texas, PM me. I miss it after selling 2 years ago. I have a TZ now and they would be nice complimentary pair. Hotel Monolith on TS might be the best 2 multi-ball mode ever!

The Shadow always on top in "most missing" machines surveys.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

The factory rules are fine IMO, no need to make your game too easy. You'll never get better that way.

Its not at all easier. I set some settings actually harder, other settings LONGER (in time), not easier. Its actually more difficult to finish all modes ( and reach final battle), when the ball has to stay in play for so much longer. The game simply opens up, and becomes more deep in a strategic way. And most importantly, it becomes very much skill based, instead of relying in lucky shots or to be simply played in a difensive manner avoiding to try to finish modes. TS in this way is the pin more similar to a real sport, actually: very difficult, but the more skills you have the better the score, in a pretty consistent way. Anyway, all is explained in detail in the Luppin Rules thread.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from altan:

And I thought you were just making a statement about how awesome you are. Luppin Rules!

TS is really an amazing game, but you need to be a good player to appreciate how good it is.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry, my joke wasn't that clear. Rules can be instructions/guidance/direction or Rules can be, informally, saying something is awesome.
When I read "Luppin Rules", I read it like someone saying "Ruppin Rules! He's awesome". Not as "As a set of directions specified by Luppin"
And all this explanation makes it even less entertaining.

Of course, not a native speaker, but I understood the joke

Just wanted to add that TS is really great, but it's not so popular/highly ranked because to fully appreciate it you need to be an excellent player. So, many people look down at TS beacuse of the unpopular movie in first place, and then because after 10 tens games they think is crap. I actually thought the same after 10 games, and even after 50! But after few hundred games it kicks asses, and after 1000 games (long term) it becomes better than the top rated (MM, TZ to name a few).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 22.50
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luppin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-vs-tz?tu=Luppin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.