• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass_(resized).png
Postal_Worker_(resized).jpg
1e1cd30cb4b3ff08599b923a7053a4ed3e2c5f11_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 7 years ago

it depends on if you prefer ultra-cool fast-flowing games with totally kickass audio tracks or annoying childish stop and go bullshit

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Tspp. 4200 shipped is outrageous.

depends on what type of shipping/costs. i have paid nearly 500 from CA to NY with STI. That puts this shadow at 3700. I would recommend being patient and picking up something local. you can get a really nice shadow from a collector for 3200-3500. really nice....

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Shadow is much better imo . Its a shame games like shadow , congo and other so so themes weren't better themed bc the layout and toys are much better imo than many so called A list pins. If shadow and Congo were say batman and King Kong they wld be top games bc they are awesome players with unique rules and awesome toys

right on D!

"amy good girl" playing catch? Bad >>>>>King Kong Swatting bi-planes out of the sky. Good.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Currently, the market price for a TS is overpriced compared to what it was selling for a year ago, which was around $2500 for an above average condition example (and 2-3 years ago for just over $2000). It's also not in short supply, per se, as 4,225 units were manufactured, who knows how many still exists.

i have been in this hobby 2 years and havent seen any shadows less than 3k that werent totally roached (like mine was). shadow=3500 tspp=4500 is about right

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've owned both. I liked The Shadow OK, but it's not anywhere near the same class as TSPP. TSPP is never leaving my collection until the kids sell it after I die.
And, I'm not really a stop/go player as I prefer flow in my games, but I feel that TSPP gets the pinball experience perfect. It's got 5 flippers, and each flipper has shots that only that flipper can make. It's nothing less than a genius playfield layout, and the rules are well thought out and perfectly executed. I never feel like I'm chopping wood when I play TSPP, because progress can be made so many different ways as everything is stacking and whatever flipper you find the ball on, there is a shot you need to move forward. People harp on the callouts and the music - but if you do, you're not a Simpsons fan as it captures the essence of the TV show expertly.
The Shadow seems to take itself too damned seriously (something I find common with B/W licensed themes from that era), and that upper playfield thing just isn't that fun once you've played it a few times. The modes are common for games of this era, and I don't feel like they offer much replayability once you've been through them a number of times, much like JM, DM and similar games.
It does have some cool flow, and choosing the return path of the ramps via the diverters is cool for comboing the ramps - but that is its only great feature. Everything else is pretty bland.
I'd like to present this as subjective opinion, but I can't. It's objective fact.

i find the shadow anything but bland. the sanctum magnet is still one of the coolest effects ever and the soundtrack during khan multiball is the best music ever incorporated into a pin... in my opinion

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-vs-simpsons-pinball-party?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.