Linked Games

Topic poll

“Shadow vs. Doctor Who”

• Shadow 49 votes
    64%
  • Doctor Who 27 votes
    36%

(76 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I would take a Dr Who over that clunkfest Shadow anyday. I owned Shadow for 2 weeks hated that game. OP you and me talked about Shadow recently and i told you to play Shadow more before you bought it. Larry

Shadow is an acquired taste. Most people that are first starting to play it go for the ramps because of the divertor uniqueness. The targets next to the left ramp are close and return the ball very quickly back to the flippers. That's the first tough spot. The second tough spot are the outlanes. They will gobble up balls when playing the game fast and out of control. The third point is that the factory settings are set up extremely difficult to complete any modes. The Luppin Rules makes the full game much more accessible.

Most new players to The Shadow get frustrated and move on from it for those primary reasons. The Shadow requires lots of ball control, nudging around the outlanes, and patience. It's a thinking man's game. There are many ways to attack it.

My strategy is to ignore the skill shot unless the light extra ball is lit, or I am in a zone and confident hitting the ramps. I try to keep the ball moving vertical as much as possible by going for the Battlefield and Sanctum. Work the outer loops until they are up to 20 million a shot. Take Khan multiball and start modes as they come.

Shadow is a fantastic game. With the Aurich appearance package and Luppin Rules, toss some tasteful LEDs in, this game is fantastic! It will make you a better player.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

The second game I ever played on Shadow I beat the wizard mode. Hit a couple shots, start a mode, all of a sudden multiball is happening, and the points just seem to pile up on their own.

I call bullcrap. There is no way you cleared Final Battle on your second game ever played. Impossible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

£ 110.00
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-vs-doctor-who?tu=blitzburgh99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.