Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bwilson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I recently picked up The Shadow. I've been going through it and I noticed that the return lane switch 16 isn't working properly. I went into the switch edges tested the switch and nothing. So I replaced the micro-switch and diode and nothing still the switch is always open even when closed. All other switches on the row or column work. So I guess my question is... What is the best way to go about isolating the problem or figuring out if its the CPU or the actual wiring on the playfield? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Robert

#2 3 years ago

If that's the only switch having problems, it's probably not a switch matrix problem. Probably. I would trace both switch leg wires all the way up to the connectors and check continuity on them --may be broken somewhere.

#3 3 years ago

I'll do this tonight. Thanks for the reply papazit.

#4 3 years ago

The new switch or the new diode can be bad. I always test new componets before installing them.

#5 3 years ago

does the switch actuator wire need adjustment?
Can you here the microswitch clicking? Did you test it the switch disconnected from the bottom of the playfield?

#6 3 years ago

I checked the switch before hand it all checked out. Papazit was correct about checking the continuity, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Ended up being a bad connection\solder on the spot target that was wired in series with the in-lane switch. At a glance it looked all good but testing it showed faulty connection. Re-flowed the solder on that spot target and the return lane micro-switch started working. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and willingness to help. Cheers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Newland, NC
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside