6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.png
2.png
1.png
#1 12 years ago

Hi,

I am picking up a Shadow this week. Can you please advice on the quality when you look at the images. What advice could you give me to look at when I pick it up?

What price would you pay for this?

Sale description:
-Very good looking Shadow
-New decals
-Plays superbe
-Nice pin which does not have to leave the house

Appreciate your replies! Thanks.

Cheers, Peter

1.png1.png 2.png2.png 3.png3.png 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg

#2 12 years ago

One more image...

7.jpg7.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Looks very nice!

#4 12 years ago

Buy it, that puppy is in great shape!

#5 12 years ago

Hey,

There appears to be a very minor amount of wear over the Sanctum area, which is REALLY common in this game. Mine has mylar over it or is a decal (I bought it used, so can't really say). Game looks awesome; just something to watch for/look into preserving.

Luke

#6 12 years ago

Great game to do some work on! I think the important aspects get a checkmark here: the puppets are there (all three), the sanctum lock has minor wear. Rings are all present. Wire ramps still look brass colored (careful with cleaning those). Another problem child of TS is the mini playfield, but as you say it plays superb, so that is a check too!

Hey, wait a minute, that almost looks like my TS

But it does need some work. There's rust on the ramp flaps and it looks a bit schmootzy (lack of shine). I would take that baby apart and put some elbow grease into it

So my advice would be: BUY IT! And buy some proper cleaning agent (Treasure Cove!) to polish her up!

#7 12 years ago

It has the rings which is good.
sanctum wear is minor, also good.
I see the mongol figures. good

The big question is are the ramps broken. This game has a nasty habit of having broken at the welds. It can be repaired or you can buy the aftermarket ones which are beefier.

The other is the plating on the wireforms, it looks dull in his pictures. It may shine up with some never dull, or they may be pitted, cannot tell from the pics.

Pricewise? In the us my buddy sold a nice, shopped example with upgrade for around 2k. Not perfect but pretty nice all around. It didn't take very long to sell.

#8 12 years ago

1. Sanctum wear on this looks to be very minimal
2. Mongols are all there which is good because I heard these can run up to $250 so no wonder previous owners would keep them hoping it will go unnoticed.
3. Phurbas are present on the diverters which is good because these are sometimes missing or screw holes are broken off.
4. Rings are there and make sure they work because it is key to certain modes like Vengeance
5. How is the gun shooter? If it is not that great you can always send out to Mike Chestnut who is well known for his work.
6. Upper right ramp looks good or has been replaced and lower left looks to have been repaired or re-welded before.
7. Check boards for signs of past battery leaks or corrosion and hacks on the boards or under the play field.
8. Not sure if it is a bad pic or angle but looks like a minor chip on the left sling plastic.

I picked up a very similar Shadow in the same condition last January for $2400cdn so if you can get it for less or around the $2k mark you should be in good shape.

#9 12 years ago

This game is on the rise for price. Seems its the flavor of the year $2,400 or less

#10 12 years ago

Yeah I would say 2400 or less. Looks great!

#11 12 years ago

Thanks! Good views and critics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Boards
Slap Save Creations

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 37.50
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-pick-up-please-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.