download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 10 years ago

Okay, there are 3 people who have yet to respond. A few more that I'm holding one for because they're not ready to pay me quite yet. We'll see how that all works out. But I just sold the last one otherwise, I have no free and clear extras left.

If you still want one

Just PM me. One of the people above may drop out and you can get in on the first run. If not I'm happy to put you in queue for a second run. I don't need many to justify running more prints, like 10 or so, and I'd probably be willing to just take a few of those as extra stock so we wouldn't even need that many.

Thanks!

#402 10 years ago

Just got an update from the printer. Things are moving along, speaker panels were printing as he was emailing me back. It's sounding like shipping to me by tomorrow is probably optimistic, so probably early next week. One thing that might delay it slightly is they're watching over everything like a hawk and will reprint any that aren't up to standard, which sounds great to me.

I'm going to be in Chicago for business next Wed-Sat (going to try and stop by Expo on Saturday before I fly home, anyone going to be there?) so I'm thinking these are probably going to show up right around when I get back, and I'll come home to a big packing project!

As always will update as I know more.

#403 10 years ago

WTF. Got these weird emails from Paypal, I thought they were phishing BS at first. They want all kinds of info that's none of their business, like where I'm advertising these translites and my original invoices for things etc. F--- that, they can go pound sand before I'm giving them a damn thing that isn't strictly related to payment. They want tracking numbers and stuff too, which is at least somewhat not bizarre, but super unhappy with this gestapo treatment. They're a payment service, they don't get to know this stuff, it's between me and you. And I'm definitely going to take care of everyone who ordered.

If they don't resolve this to my satisfaction it's time to find a different way to take payments for future projects. Hell, it's probably time anyways, this is hardly the first time they've pissed me off.

#404 10 years ago

Sad - but they are probably taking their cues from the way the govt behaves... all medical offices must be fully wired in to the govt network by late 2014 or be fined out of existence. They will have every bit of your medical info and the private company they hired to run the database is already selling blocks of "customer" data to the pharma companies so they can pester/try to sell you more product.

No wonder these private companies think they can be more aggressive about your private data... they see how it's apparently legal to spy/monitor your every move.

But on a happier note... when do I get to give Baldwin the boot?

#405 10 years ago

Hoping I can be packing these by next weekend, just waiting for shipment from printer.

#406 10 years ago

Paypal royally sucks.

Using them from their very beginning, after 9 years, they said my account was frozen because I had exceeded $10,000 of usage without verifying with a bank account or a credit card.

I told them that's why I used their service, so I would not have to expose my bank account or credit cards to the net.

They refused, so I cashed out and no longer use them.

Paypal sucks.

#407 10 years ago

When I use them to buy something I always change the payment to come off my CC. Not only do you get a little more buyer protection but it makes PP eat a 2% fee... they desperately want to simply take it directly out of your bank account. It at least makes me feel better about using PP

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paypal royally sucks.
Using them from their very beginning, after 9 years, they said my account was frozen because I had exceeded $10,000 of usage without verifying with a bank account or a credit card.
I told them that's why I used their service, so I would not have to expose my bank account or credit cards to the net.
They refused, so I cashed out and no longer use them.
Paypal sucks.

Yeah, I've cashed everything out ahead of dealing with their crap just to be safe. They claim they're following federal regulations, hard to know if that's true or just a line to shut me up. I'd even understand it if someone complained, if there was reason to think I was defrauding people, or selling stolen goods or something, I dunno. 100 orders is nothing, I just got flagged because the number of transactions to my account suddenly went up.

Whatever, I'll deal with it, just stupidity that makes me want to find a better way. Might look into trying Stripe or something, but ugh, I'm not a professional modder, just a guy who did something some fellow hobbyists wanted, and I just needed Paypal to take their 3% in exchange for helping me gather the money.

Nothing would make me happier than sending out the orders, can't wait to get the big shipment in and break it down for you all, appreciate the patience.

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

When I use them to buy something I always change the payment to come off my CC. Not only do you get a little more buyer protection but it makes PP eat a 2% fee... they desperately want to simply take it directly out of your bank account. It at least makes me feel better about using PP

Problem is you have to link your bank account to withdraw, and once you do that that's what they default to.

#410 10 years ago

Well my bank account is tied in - but it never gets touched because I re-set the payment to come off my CC. Each... friggin'...time.... grrr. Because you're right - they try to make you use your bank account to save them CC fees.

It's a pain to do but I get at least some satisfaction in it Or maybe I don't understand what you're saying exactly?

If a seller issues you a refund it goes right back on your CC... so that at least works painlessly.

#411 10 years ago

FYI I'm going to Chicago for a few days tomorrow morning (Wed, for business, but will try and see Expo before I leave Sat) so I won't be as quick on the update trigger on Pinside. Hoping to have them ready to ship out when I get back, waiting on final word after the reprints. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's taking longer than my optimistic estimate, thanks for being patient.

#412 10 years ago

Have a safe trip. Baldwin's days are numbered... we've all waited for this forever so what's another week or so?

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

all medical offices must be fully wired in to the govt network by late 2014 or be fined out of existence. They will have every bit of your medical info and the private company they hired to run the database is already selling blocks of "customer" data to the pharma companies so they can pester/try to sell you more product.

Ever hear of HIPPA? This protects PHI and PII, this prevents companies selling this data from an HIS or database system. There is data aggregation but this is based on DX, and Procedures codes and is not tied to identifiable information. Electronic claims processing is much more secure than the archaic paper forms.

#414 10 years ago

I'm just repeating what the Dr's office told me... and for the record I have already received some "helpful mail" from a pharma co that related to an old prescription so your info IS fully identifiable.

Look the govt used to say they only collected cell phone and internet info "when absolutely needed and justified".
What's funny is a lot us believed it... or wanted to believe

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

what the Dr's office told me

This is completely inaccurate. All PHI data is transmitted via secure methods, if this was truly disclosed, there are laws (including major penalties and fines) protecting your information from being shared with unintended recipients.

#416 10 years ago

Of course is transmitted securely. And the law *allows* blocks of info to be sold to the pharma companies. They are not "unintended recipients". That's what's so distressing. Read up about it - it's all considered "legal". Just like warrantless wiretaps are now also considered legal.

#417 10 years ago

Can we please not turn this thread into a political argument? There are places for it, but this isn't it.

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can we please not turn this thread into a political argument? There are places for it, but this isn't it.

Wait, this is Pinside!

Everything has to become a political thread or a thread where someone says they don't hate WOZ, just the theme does nothing for them.

#419 10 years ago

Yeah I didn't want a discussion either - only mentioned it because you complained about PPal's information demands.
And as you later stated... they claim "federal regulations".

My bad I guess

#420 10 years ago

Patiently waiting..........

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Patiently waiting..........

With a new avatar no less! About to go into another all day meeting in Chicago, but trying to keep an eye on Pinside still. Will update if I know more.

#422 10 years ago

Lookin forward to! I was hoping for a Predator update this morning but nothing

#423 10 years ago

(Don't tell my meeting I'm on Pinside.)

Shot an email to the printer, looks like the quality control guy wasn't happy with some of the prints and reran them, so that's why it's taking longer than I was originally told. Obviously we all want them good rather than a couple days sooner, but I do apologize for the delay, I know you've all sent me money and I hate sitting on it not being able to send you anything. As soon as I get the shipping notice I will update, from Wi-Fi on a plane if need be!

#424 10 years ago

No rush.

#425 10 years ago

Would rather the quality be there then get it a few days or a week sooner.

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Would rather the quality be there then get it a few days or a week sooner.

Me too, for sure, just feeling anxious about getting people what I promised, it's just my nature. You guys are all awesome and patient, no one is hassling me, this is purely me wanting to take care of business.

#427 10 years ago

tcb!

3rqw32.jpg3rqw32.jpg
#428 10 years ago

Just talked with the printer. They're still working to get them all completely perfect, apparently there was a size or cutting glitch of some sort that was slowing it down, which is why it didn't ship when originally planned.

Sorry it's running late, just wanted to update with any info I had. Once they do ship to me I'll update again. Thanks for the patience.

In the meantime I'm getting people interested in a second run. I'm taking down names, I obviously don't want to take any money from anyone else now though, not until everybody who's paid me already has their orders. But I'm happy to note you down for when things are looking smooth.

Thanks!

#429 10 years ago

Thanks, Aurich.

By the way, will these translites hold up as well as the originals for us few who prefer to use incandescents instead of LEDs in our classic games?

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Thanks, Aurich.
By the way, will these translites hold up as well as the originals for us few who prefer to use incandescents instead of LEDs in our classic games?

I'll have to find the thread, but the one other guy who has one (friend of the printer scored one that didn't pass quality control for some minor issue) lit his with incandescents and took a pic.

#431 10 years ago

I saw that pic, but I was referring more to the heat resistance of the material used.

Will it survive incandescents behind it as well as the originals, or is it recommended to light it with LEDs?

#432 10 years ago

Dug up the thread, here's a pic of it lit with incandescent bulbs:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurichs-shadow-alt-translite-is-amazing#post-1156812

I can already tell you that it's really hard to photograph it like it really looks though, so hard to know how accurate that shot really is. He seems happy with it though. Personally with all the cool blue and white I think it's going to shine best with LEDs, but hardly a requirement I would think.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

I saw that pic, but I was referring more to the heat resistance of the material used.
Will it survive incandescents behind it as well as the originals, or is it recommended to light it with LEDs?

Derp, that's what I get for not refreshing the page before I reply!

I can't see any reason incandescents would be a problem, this is commercial quality printing, and I feel like it's a little thicker than a stock translite. I can certainly inquire, but I'm confident it's fine. There's a backing layer behind the printing which is what the heat would hit. As I said though, I really feel like with the color palette it's going to look a lot better with LEDs and their cooler color spectrum if you're trying to decide.

#434 10 years ago

That sounds great, and I'm really looking forward to installing the entire art package on my machine.

Many thanks!

(I'll keep your LED recommendation in mind.)

#435 10 years ago

Okay, finally have some good news! The package should go out to me tomorrow from the printer via FedEx. Part of the delay was they decided the translites needed a protective sheet (you'll peel it off when you get it) like the speaker panels do. So should provide an extra layer of protection during shipping.

I'll confirm when I have a tracking number or when they show up, or whatever further info I get, but looks like we're finally moving to the end stage. Thanks for all the patience.

To the waiting list people, as soon as this is good to go I'll work with you on the second run.

#436 10 years ago

Ive enjoyed this thread. You do awesome work! And also are handling the communication with buyers in a very professional manner! Kudos!!

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive enjoyed this thread. You do awesome work! And also are handling the communication with buyers in a very professional manner! Kudos!!

I feel more anxious than professional right now, not gonna feel better until I've shipped hella boxes. Thanks though!

#438 10 years ago

I have a tracking number, coming to me via UPS, due to arrive next Tuesday. Once I get the package in I'll start breaking it down. Will take me a little while to do nearly 100 packages, but I'll get them ready and ship them as fast as I can.

#439 10 years ago

Party on!

#440 10 years ago

Interested if you have spares/a 2nd run.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Interested if you have spares/a 2nd run.

It's up a few posts....I have it below. Get on the waiting list

Quoted from Aurich:

To the waiting list people, as soon as this is good to go I'll work with you on the second run.

#442 10 years ago

FYI I've had a couple people back out, and a couple people who's status is uncertain. I'm holding their slot but they never actually paid, so not sure what's up. Once I get the order in I'll sort it all out, and any extras I have will go to the first people on the waiting list if they're ready.

My favorite back out story is someone ordered one because he was going to buy a Shadow from his friend. Turns out his friend already ordered my translite for it. I refunded him.

#443 10 years ago

Whats the best way to mount this thing? Use glass or plexi? This is my first translite install

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Whats the best way to mount this thing? Use glass or plexi? This is my first translite install

You just take out the stock one by removing the plastic clips around the edges, comes right out. Position the new one behind the glass and slide the clips back on. Take you 5 minutes tops, and is super easy. Only tricky part is not leaving fingerprints all over, might want to clean the glass before you install the new one and handle it by the edges or wear gloves or something.

#445 10 years ago

So excited and can't wait to get this! Thanks again Aurich!

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

..... or wear gloves or something.

Pieces of art should always be handled with gloves (preferably white ones )

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Pieces of art should always be handled with gloves (preferably white ones )

Pinball Life sells some for $1

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2923

cotton_glove.jpgcotton_glove.jpg
#448 10 years ago

What about the speaker panel?

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

What about the speaker panel?

Same thing really. Pop the translite and set it aside for swapping. The H channel plastic between the speaker panel and the translite lifts up and the speaker panel plastic comes right out. Slide the new one in, secure the channel back above it and you're ready to put the translite back in after you swap that.

No tools, no wires, nothing weird, all really easy. I can take some pics if people need it though.

The new speaker panel plastic is basically stock, but it doesn't have that layer of black wrinkly vinyl, or at least my Shadow has one. So it's just slightly thinner. It sits just fine, I didn't mess with mine at all, but if you wanted you could put a couple pieces of double sided tape behind it just to make sure it sits totally flat. Optional though.

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Thanks, Aurich.

Dude at the very least you should convert the backbox to warm white led to avoid heat issues

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.