download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

521 posts in this topic match your search for posts by aurich. You are on page 2 of 3.
#679 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

Sent in payment, can't wait to get the kit (or my Shadow )

Just waiting for final word from the printer, could come today. In the meantime I'm waiting for payment still from these people:

evolution
frg
HighProtein
Jackjet
jrawlinson_2000
msj2222
Paul_S

If you want to get yours when I do the first shipment please send your payment. If you want to drop out because you don't want/need it anymore just let me know, I have people who will happily take your place.

Thanks!

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Aurich, Thanks for turning Shadow into the best looking pin in my collection!

Dang high praise. Thanks for posting a pic, but come on now, I won't be offended if you throw in with Elvira over me!

#682 10 years ago

Got word from the printer that the second run has shipped to me. With the holiday this week we'll see how it all goes. Still waiting on payments from a good handful of people too. I'll break it up into multiple shipments if needed. I'll be in New York for 4 days for business next week too, so gotta see how things work out, if I get them before I leave I'll make an extra effort to ship before I fly out.

#685 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Looking good Aurich
Thank you

Sweet, you were one of the first to get it, glad you're enjoying. Hope to see in in person in a month!

#694 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Just found this illustration by Alex Ross, thought it looked familiar.
But you modified it enough to be original and it worked great in the composition.
Good artists copy but great artists steal
~Picasso

Yup! I broke down my process earlier in the thread, but to recap I basically did a Google image search for Shadow comics, and mocked together a rough composite based on various covers and shots, along with some other random bits and tweaks, things I drew from scratch (the guns for instance) etc. Then I took that and used it as a reference sketch to draw a rough vector version of of it all. Then I could scale that as needed, mess with placement etc. Once I had the scale and general pose down I brought into Photoshop, rendered down to pixels, and did a digital painting over the vectors, to add all the texture and shading. Obviously I heavily referenced that Alex Ross drawing for the face.

I'd never try and pass that off as my own comic book cover, be a bit shameless, but I think I transformed it all enough to make the translite composition feel original.

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm sorry I cant read 14 pages.... are there any more available and how much are they?? thanks

Short answer: No, this run is spoken for, but I have a waiting list for a third run. Be happy to add you to it. Price is $175 shipped for the translite, speaker panel and instruction cards. Just let me know.

I just got home (for all of 12 hours) about to go pack and head out to NY for the week. I'm guessing the second run prints will arrive while I'm gone this week. As soon as I get back I'll pack them all up and ship to everyone who's paid. Will update when I get back or if I get more info.

I still have I think 5 pre-orders on this run who haven't paid or messages me. I'll message anyone who hasn't one more time, and if they don't respond I'll move them out to the 3rd run list and give them to the first people in line for the 3rd run.

#698 10 years ago

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your original illustration some day!

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

OK then, fixed that for ya'!

Heh. You're #1 on my 3rd run list, if I have any extras from people dropping out you're first in line. I have to send out a couple to people who had problems on the first run, they're the only ones in front of you. Apparently the Swedish post office decided to play soccer (fotboll?) with one of the packages, poor thing was so wrecked the entire contents were trashed. Definitely need to take care of that first. Keep forgetting to figure out how to look into the insurance on that one.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ok then put me in line.. Thanks Tony

Can do,thanks.

#703 10 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

This was what i recived from the post office.. Haha! They tried to act like nothing was wrong.
Thank you Aurich for taking care of it all

20131123_083744.jpg 156 KB

That picture makes me

#704 10 years ago

Back from New York. FedEx claims they delivered the package while I was gone. Problem is, it's nowhere to be found.

Gonna see if it shows up magically, if not on Monday I'll sort out the plan. Super annoying! I'll still make sure they're printed no matter what, but if anyone wants a refund or anything I'll be happy to do that. Why don't we wait and see if they just screwed up and delivered to wrong house or something first though.

#707 10 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

I have, on two different occasions had a package show up in Fedex or UPS's online tracking system (forget which one now) as being delivered when in fact it wasn't, and was still on the delivery drivers truck. I'm not sure how it happened, since it generally doesn't get logged as delivered without an accompanying signature, but I can attest to the fact that it has.
Each time, my panic was alleviated when, lo and behold, the next business day saw my precious cargo get dropped off.... I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Man, here's hoping. It supposedly was delivered on Thursday, so I dunno how long to hold out hope for.

Someone was home within an hour of it being delivered, my porch is hidden from the street by jasmine vines, and there was a car parked in front of the house. I guess it's possible someone stole it from the house still, and now has 35 Shadow translites.

Like I said, I'm gonna wait until Monday, see what happens, and if it's truly missing then I'll work it out, nothing is being canceled. It will obviously delay things though, which sucks, and I would totally understand if anyone wanted a refund and would take care of that. Let's cross that bridge next week.

Sorry for the headaches everyone!

#709 10 years ago

The day is saved!

I live on 168th st. Just got a very nice phonecall from a gentleman on 186th st asking if I was missing some packages.

#712 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Aurich is it odd that I want to buy this translite just in case I get The Shadow someday? It looks awesome man thanks for doing this.

Heh, I've actually had a couple people do that. They were more actively hunting though, but bought it before having the machine. Thanks!

All I can say is that at some point I'll no longer be able to make these, because there's a minimum print run number, and when the demand drops it will be difficult to do that. So I'm definitely not artificially limiting it or anything, but I would expect that there isn't a whole lot of life left in this. I dunno, I've never even advertised it outside of Pinside, not sure if I will.

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from Galdaien:

Best call ever?
Great news!

Oh man, I'm looking at my cell phone wondering wtf is calling me, and of course he doesn't pronounce Aurich correctly (for the record it sounds pretty much like Oric) and I'm thinking it's spam. Then he turns out to be a super nice life saver. I thanked him profusely.

Funny story, in this case the addresses on the packages actually did say 186th street, just a simple transcription error, and it worked out, so no harm done. But the other day I got 2 boxes from something my wife had ordered and there should have been 3. Third one showed up the next day. Why? Because they'd delivered it to this same guy's house! Since it was actually addressed correctly (and there was no phone # on it) he just drove it over and dropped it off on our porch. Told me about it today when I picked up the translites. I feel like I gotta drop him off a gift or something now, nice guy.

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Luckily they didn't show up on e-bay for $50 a set!
But then again.....I could have got a set for $50!!

I seriously was wondering for a moment if some perplexed thief was wondering WTF they were going to do with all these random plastic posters.

#717 10 years ago

Started packing up tonight, should be able to ship out the orders on Monday. Gonna try PMing the following people again:

evolution
HighProtein
Jackjet
jrawlinson_2000
msj2222

They haven't paid and/or contacted me, and are in danger of losing their slot.

#719 10 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Hello,
i really Love your work and it would be wonderful to buy a Set.
Do you have one available ?
Best Regards Form Germany

I'm sold out for this run but gearing up to do a 3rd, I can put you down for that list. Germany is no problem.

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Please add me to the list for the third run Aurich. Nicely done!

Be happy to, your Shadow is bad ass, I love your gun grips!

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

This is great, THX.
Pls put me on the list. I will definetly buy a set.
I love the Shadow Pin but always hated the artwork of the speaker panel and translite.
I am very happy that i have found your thread.

You're all set, I'll contact people when things get closer.

The only thing I would say is it might be delayed a little with the holiday season in the US, I know my printer said this is their busiest time. I'll update after the second run is taken care of and I know how things look.

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

humm.. if these 5 people changed there minds will they be offered to the first 5 in line for the 3rd run?
Oh and where am I om that line?

Essentially, yes, I'm going by the order people were added, so if I lost X people on the 2nd run the first X on the 3rd run would get the first dibs. You're #11 so probably not something you need to worry about, sorry.

I have more than enough for the 3rd run already, just waiting to make sure the 2nd run makes it okay first, about to mail it tomorrow. That gives me a little extra time for adding people that have been steadily trickling in too. Only catch is with the holidays it might take slightly longer to get the prints made, but shouldn't be a big deal. I think I'll spring for overnight shipping from the printer this time, should make up for it. Also, signature required on delivery.

#728 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Had 20+ people over playing pins last night and all of them were amazed at the shadow translite. All said that it added to the atmosphere of playing the game. It was the first time I really got to watch the lightshow in the back box and Aurich did a great job lining the design up with the lights. Well done!

Awesome, thanks a lot, I love hearing that.

#729 10 years ago

The US orders are definitely going out tomorrow, they're all packed up. I'm working on international, but they're much slower to do, have to deal with each customs form one at a time, no bulk shipping labels, so they might take an extra day. We'll see, want to get them out ASAP too.

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Appreciate the effort, I blame the fussy UK customs!

Frankly the customs stuff kind of blows my mind. Apparently one guy had to show his PayPal receipts to them to prove the value on the last run.

#732 10 years ago

If you're in the US you should get your 2nd run translite package today, I see some have already been delivered. If for some reason you don't get it today I would think tomorrow.

If you're international your orders are processing through the post office. Hopefully you'll get them by the end of next week, but with customs sometimes things get held up a little, so hard to guess exactly. I saw a pretty big spread on the first run on the delivery dates around the world.

If it's getting close to Christmas and you don't have it and are feeling anxious just ping me, I have tracking numbers we can check the status on.

#734 10 years ago
Quoted from Prosedsp:

Got mine today, I will put up some pics when I get it installed. Thanks Aurich!

Sweet, you were one of the random tracking numbers I happened to look at and saw as delivered.

#737 10 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Would you put me on the list also. Thanks Don.

Done.

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

Got mine. Thanks a lot!

Excellent. If they made it as far as SC I've got to think everyone should get it today.

BTW I still love seeing pics of your installs everyone!

#739 10 years ago

Got a helpful hint from Galdaien - The protective layer on the translite is a bit of a bitch to take off. He said that he fanned a hairdryer over it first and that made it much easier to peel off. I haven't tried it myself, but passing along in case it helps anyone. I'd just be careful to just warm it up and not overheat it to be safe.

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Question that I have forgot again & again to ask!
Since I'm an operator, this isn't a freeplay game for me,
what would ya change for a play card that says 50 cents?
Any other collector operators out there that may be interested?

Oh sure, I could do that. No charge, I'll upload a PDF.

#745 10 years ago

If anyone needs a non-free play card, here's a PDF of one with 50 cents instead. Just print on an inkjet or the like and use the crop marks to cut, should print to the right size:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/shadow-card-route.pdf

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Is mine the first one to get this art on route?

I'm not sure. Someone in the first run claimed he was going to route it I believe, but I can't remember if I ever received confirmation of that or not. Maybe in Seattle? I've shipped something like 130 of these by now, so some of the people and stories start to blend a little bit, I could be wrong about that. I love that it's on location though, that's awesome.

Did that 50¢ instruction card print okay for you?

#750 10 years ago

Had a couple inquiries on the status of the 3rd run, so just updating with my thoughts.

The interest has slowed down, I think it's probably safe to do the order soon. I'll add in some extras to cover latecomers like I did last time. No idea if this will be the last run or not, just have to see if interest has been tapped or not.

I'm sort of waiting to make sure the international orders make it okay first, because if anyone's get mangled I'll want to be sure I can replace theirs. Long way to send a cardboard box, I don't trust it. And then we're running into Christmas and everything slows down, have to account for that. So I would think I could probably have them available to everyone on the list early next year.

Sound reasonable?

#754 10 years ago

Hope to start hearing from the international people soon about packages arriving. Sending them so far makes me anxious, so many ways to get crushed and mangled, so let me know if they made it okay. Especially to Sweden!

#758 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

No sign of mine yet mate, I am sure it is all good though.
In other news my shadow should be here on xmas eve at the latest.
Can't wait.
Now I can join the club....lol.

I just checked your tracking #, actually says as of today it's delivered.

So hopefully there when you get home or something.

#759 10 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Haven't made it to sweden yet. i'm guessing it wont show up until after christmas.

I really tried to make sure they'd all arrive before Christmas. As I just said up above that's one delivered to Australia, so they're definitely making their way out there. The tracking can get kind of vague, yours only says

INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY

as of 4 days ago. So I can't see where in the system it is beyond that. You of all people better not have any trouble!! (Poor Alex was in on the first run and his package just got mangled in transit, this is his replacement.)

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Nothing here in the UK yet, will shout when received.

Looked yours up too, as of today it just went to

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING COMPLETE

so that sounds hopeful that it will get delivered soon.

#763 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'll have my local print lady print it soon!
I'm sure more will end up on location.

Happy to make custom price cards if anyone is routing it for something other than 50¢.

#765 10 years ago

GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE BALDWIN.

#767 10 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Worst case i get a late christmas gift
Im sure it will turn up soon.

Someone ordered one for her boyfriend as a Christmas present, so really pulling for that one to make it on time.

It's weird how the international stuff works, Australia seems to be the fastest so far. I guess it's all dependent on the local customs, and how long they take to process things. Out of my hands I guess, but hope they all come through fast!

#770 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

any chance you can check the tracking on mine

Happy to check anyone's.

Yours said December 18th: PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like it's close I guess?

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Thanks mate, I will keep an eye out for it today.

Great, let me know if it came through okay. I sent maybe 22 packages international last time and only one was actually wrecked, so I shouldn't be nervous, but I can't help it.

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Aurich, What type of led's did you use for your backbox? I'm in the process of putting together an led list for my whole pin and I'm wondering which are best for the new translite I'll be getting from you in the future.
Frosted/clear, warm/cool/natural white? I see Comet has a good price on 100 packs at .26c each, which I could use the extras on the pf.
Thanks!

Honestly it's a bit of a mess, unlike my carefully tuned playfield the backbox is just whatever I had lying around. So I wouldn't really be able to give super specific recs as far as brand/style if you wanted to match mine.

That said definitely cool white, that's what works best with the colors of the translite, and what my mix is all drawn from. I'd probably lean frosted to avoid hot spots, but I'm not familiar with the Comet bulbs.

#777 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It's here!
On my way to post office to pick it up now.

Awesome. As far as I know you're the first person to get the international 2nd run. Go Australian post office.

#779 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

All good here mate it arrived without a hitch and everything is as it should be. I must say looks amazing in person, the colours are so vibrant.
Stunning, I am very happy. You have done a brilliant job and I can't wait to get my shadow here and put this piece of art where it belongs.
Thanks again for all the effort.

Excellent! If anyone else wants a tracking update just let me know. Hopefully they start arriving everywhere else too.

Once these look settled I'll lock in the 3rd run. I thought it was maybe looking final and then I got 3 more people yesterday, so you never know.

#782 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

All Good Aurich, got it today, Awesome Effort & true Professional

Awesome.

I went through the tracking today hoping to see more out for deliveries, but it's all obscure crap like CLEARED CUSTOMS PROCESSING SPACE STATION and whatever that means nothing to me as far as how close they all are.

I think I'll email the printer tomorrow, see what he thinks about the 3rd run timing, what with the holidays etc. Get some sense of what we might be looking at. The pre orders have pretty much slowed down, I'm sure there will be some sporadic interest later, but I think at this point anyone on Pinside with a Shadow knows about this and either has it or isn't interested. Which is fine! I had no idea it would do so well. So never say never, but I won't be surprised if this 3rd one is the last run, or at least for now.

I've been tinkering with an AC/DC project in the meantime, even though I don't have one. Got sucked into an idea and just been running with it. Ironically it's she-devil themed, Stern kinda sucker punched me with the Luci stuff since I had it all in the works before that, but so it goes!

#783 10 years ago

Must be a time zone thing, just woke up to a couple orders from Germany and one from France. Every time I think there can't possibly be anyone else here interested I'm wrong.

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Forgot to add my thoughts back to this thread. I did give Aurich a shout-out on Club Pinball though.
Received mine a few weeks ago. It's frickin awesome! Turns Shadow into a completely different game. I had LEDs in my backbox already and it looks amazing. I think my favorite part though is the speaker cover.
Well done Aurich!!!

Thanks. The speaker cover is really the secret sauce, you just can't change the translite properly without dealing with it. I was lucky to find a printer that could hook it up just like the stock one.

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Just had a letter from the customs department, they want another £20 to deliver mine. At least it is nearly here!

Man, customs kills me. If anyone's curious like I was that's $32.71 in US dollars. Still, like you said, at least it's close.

#790 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Footage of my Shadow with this art package combo...
» YouTube video

Nice. Those yellow rails are crazy.

#792 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Merry X-mas, Pinsiders.

Welp, there goes my restful sleep.

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Know I am late to the party but wanted to say that combo package looks fantastic. Congrats and very well integrated.

Thanks. Never too late to party!

I believe an order has already been placed for the Shadow you just sold too. If I connected the dots right. (Edit: I did.)

Not at home right now, can't check my tracking numbers, I hope anyone who ordered it for Xmas got it in time. If not should be there soon, did the best I could. The whims of customs can be fickle!

#795 10 years ago

It looks like the bulk of the international orders made it just fine, so I'm no longer worried about them. Even survived the Swedish post office, second time was the charm!

I emailed my printer earlier in the week, but haven't heard from him yet, hopefully he's taking some vacation time like I am. Once I get back in touch with him I'll initiate the 3rd run. Guessing that will be beginning of January, what with New Year's. Once I have it ordered I'll send a PM or email to everyone on the list with instructions.

So if you're interested or on the fence that's basically your window of time before I shut down the list and order. I'll probably get a few extra to be safe, but not gonna stockpile a ton or anything.

As always, if there's enough interest I'll do a 4th run, and if there isn't, then this is possibly it. Thanks everyone!

#797 10 years ago
Quoted from Atr3yu:

Thanks Aurich, my backglass arrived in Seville (Spain) without problems.

Awesome. My plans to dominate the globe are slowly falling into place.

#799 10 years ago

Have another drink old man.

alec-drink.gifalec-drink.gif

#802 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

I was in and it has arrived safely
Many thanks again to Aurich

Awesome. Time to redo those backbox LEDs!

#804 10 years ago

Just heard from my awesome printer, he's back from vacation and said he can start the 3rd run later this week.

So, last call, if you want to get in on this one speak up.

#808 10 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Aurich,
I already have an alternate translite,(not as spiffy as yours,BTW) that I'm kinda stuck with. What I'd really like to get rid of is the Fugly OEM speaker panel. Would you consider selling the speaker panel separately?
Thanks!

I have a handful of extra speaker panels that I can sell separately for $50 shipped if anyone wants one. There was some initial interest in that idea in the beginning, but it never went anywhere, so I've just been sitting on them. Came in handy when someone scratched their new one though!

Just PM me if you're interested.

#809 10 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

just confirming I am on the list.

Yes sir, you are #26 on the list! Anyone who's contacted me is good to go, first thing I do when I get your message is copy your username to my Excel file. I'll use it to PM everyone with the payment details when the order has been put in.

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give up! You win!

o-din sorry you couldn't make Robert's party so we could meet properly. Maybe next time.

#812 10 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Great News!!!
Only a few Days and my Dream to own the best translite/speaker Combo comes true

Well more like a few weeks, but thanks!

I'm going to leave the list open until tomorrow, and then I'm locking it and giving the printer the numbers. I'll get a couple extra just in case, and usually a couple people drop out, so even if you're late you can always PM me to see if there's one left.

#814 10 years ago

Much better. I'm honestly not really a fan of colored LEDs in backboxes myself, would rather stick with cool white in most cases, but if you dig the look then enjoy!

#815 10 years ago

By the way, I was at a Pinside party the other day (thanks Robert) and the comment I got over and over was how much better it looks in person from people who had only seen photos. Just really freaking hard to photograph in any way that looks remotely close to real life. That probably holds true for the color LEDs up above too.

#817 10 years ago

Okay, I've sent the printer the order details, we're getting this run started. Once it's in production and I have some rough estimate for timing I'll send everyone a PM with the payment info. Thanks everyone!

I'm slipping in a test print for a little side project I've been playing with too, see how that goes. Totally unrelated to the Shadow though.

#822 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Please let it be DemoMan.

lol now I feel bad for teasing, it's not DM. I'll fess up so no one else gets hopeful, because it's not something anyone's going to guess. Somehow I got sucked into an AC/DC project a bit ago. Not a game I even own, but I was having fun with it. All I'm going to say now is that I was pretty annoyed when Stern released their Luci version, was crappy timing for me.

#824 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Is it to late to get in on a translite and speaker panel . I just got in a shadow . Please let me know if you have one more .

Man, you guys are killing me, you're the third person to ask me tonight! Every time I think it's slowed down ...

Good news is I do have a few extras to cover this. And usually a couple people end up dropping out when I ask for payments, so I can always put people on "standby" too if need be to see if one frees up. Just PM me. But you're in my buffer, no need for that. So you're good, I've got you on the list.

Thanks!

#827 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah if it wasn't for Aurich's efforts I probably wouldn't even still have my Shadow. I was tired of it kicking my ass, painfully hip-checking me with the gun when I walked by, etc... He'll tell you I initially waffled about buying his kit when he first finished it.
But I did and it inspired me to finish up the lighting on it... I think the translight really works well with the PF.

Wow, looking really sweet, nice job with the lighting. Really nice tonal matching between PF and translite, agreed!

#834 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

HA!
Quick question; What did you use for backbox lighting? I just got in a bunch of frosted single led's and hope these will do the trick. Any colored ones in yours?
Thanks,
Ron

FWIW I think the backbox looks best with pure cool white LEDs.

#836 10 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

I didn't have a Shadow before I saw Aurich's alternate translite...now I do. Thanks again.

I never get tired of hearing stories like this.

#838 10 years ago

Update from my printer:

We are actually under a blizzard here right now and the city is virtually shut down; we are under a red travel advisory, so we cannot leave our houses at the moment.

So I'd expect the 3rd run to maybe go a little slower than planned with the crazy cold weather. Gonna be 76° here today, wish I could send some heat to everyone in the midwest!

Stay warm and safe everyone. I'll update when I know more.

#839 10 years ago

Also, I just got another order, that officially takes my last slot even with the extras I buffered into the order. Now with this blizzard it might be possible to up the print run at the last minute if someone else wants in, otherwise it's down to standby. Usually when I send out the payment request I get a couple people who drop out for various reasons, so standby can work out. Always best to just PM me.

#840 10 years ago

Just talked to my printer, the blizzard was helpful in that the delay meant I could slip in a few more on the run. So I added some more because I keep getting orders even after being full, and I hate turning people down.

So as of now I have a limited few slots left. Just PM me if you want in.

#842 10 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Aurich, You have done an incredible service to the pinball community. The factory translite was sooooo nauseating. Thanks for the huge improvement! Keep up the good work.

Hey thanks. Really it started as something selfish, I wanted it for my game. But I'm really glad so many people are enjoying it, and it's been a cool and interesting experience to get into the "retail" business, even on such a small scale.

We'll see where I go with this AC/DC project, it's not exactly the lonely, hurting market that The Shadow had, more than enough fish in that pond. But it kinda just fell in my lap and I ran with it. I only do projects I enjoy, so there's really no risk of failure if no one wants it. The people who've seen it have been really positive so you never know!

#843 10 years ago

I dunno who's even still reading this long ass thread of mine, but if you are I'd love for you to chime in on a question:

Someone asked me if I'd sell them my instruction cards. At the time I said no (and I wouldn't have sold them, just given away the files), because I wanted anyone who ordered my package to feel like they had something unique and special. But I wonder if anyone even cares. It's a nice way to round it all out, but none of you are ordering my translite just to get the instruction cards.

So here's my question, would the people who are buyers be annoyed if I uploaded the files to give away for free? I guess I could alter them somehow so they were different, I just wonder if it matters.

Weigh in if you don't mind!

#847 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have half as many as you have with regular bulbs and it still looks good.

IMHO it looks like it's supposed to with cool white LEDs, but everyone's taste in lighting is different.

#851 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought just the tl because it was so cool and I have been watching the thread and was just wondering how many packages have you sold. If that's a no-no question just say "a lot".

It's not that I mind sharing, just maybe better to not post numbers publicly. Probably over cautious, but a lot more than I ever expected to that's for sure. I thought it would be 10.

#852 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I hate LED's in a Backbox. Just to hotspotty. I like that nice even distribution of light.

I haven't tried LEDs with your "so few" method, but I don't have any issues with mine notspotting now. The cool white just pops the colors so much more true, I don't like the yellowed artwork.

#855 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I will have to check back in a few weeks.
As you know I am a new member to the Shadow club or will be.
I will have to see how the game looks in my lineup. But your translite is one of my favorite 2 ever made for this title.
If I do go with anything other than original I will pm you.

Sure thing. Only thing I'm gonna say is that I have a limited number left, and I don't know how long they'll last. I can never tell, every time I think surely it must be done I'll get 3 people PMing me about it. Once they're gone my only option will be to do a 4th run, and that's gonna require a minimum number of people to do. At some point it's gonna get harder to get that group.

I just don't want you to decide you really want it too late is all.

#856 10 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

I don't mind you uploading the cards. Go for it!

So far people seem cool with it, I'll wait a bit for any more opinions, don't want to make anyone unhappy.

#858 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Now once you start giving away free translites; we will know that the well has run dry

Heh. Of course as I discovered the real challenge is getting them printed right once you have the art!

#860 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

The hobby has become entirely too monetized across the board, and as such, I'll always support any kind of sharing with the community.

I agree, if it's cool to agree in a thread where I'm selling something.

I did new cards for my Scared Stiff and shared those, I have some nice Jurassic Park ones that I just need to fix the size on (don't have a JP and didn't realize the DE cards were a different size than the Williams ones!) and I'll upload those too. I should start a thread for that actually. Made them for a friend and he told me they were the wrong size but he never got around to measuring for me.

Edit: Done! http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-custom-jurassic-park-instruction-cards

#862 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Are you going to pm people on the list when it comes time to pay up?

Yes sir, I'm just waiting to make sure the print order is really going first, I don't want to sit on people's money longer than I have to. The way I try and time it while the order is finishing and shipping to me I'm asking for payment. Generally I need that whole time to get everyone's, not everybody is super fast to respond. Then when the package gets to me I break it down and ship to everyone who's paid.

The order is in, I'm talking to the printer, I'm just not sure it's actually started yet. I'll see if I can get an estimate.

#866 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I can't wait !

Heh, I'm ready to get this out to you guys too. We're just a little behind schedule, mostly because of the freakish weather everyone in the country has been feeling except us. My printer's shop (and whole city apparently) was shut down for 2 days because of a blizzard, which in CA is like saying that you had to close the office because a herd of bigfoot were camping on the roof. Equally crazy sounding!

Anyways, they're trying to get everything back on track, and as soon as he can give me an estimate for being done I'll will pass it along. And at that point I'll send out the PM with payment instructions too. I appreciate that people keep asking me if they can give me money, but I don't want to ask for it until I know we're close.

I need to order more shipping boxes and stock up on tape, I go through rolls of the stuff now.

#867 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I saw this translite recently at a local pin party "lit up" in all its glory and WOW does it blow doors off of the old artwork!!
Bravo to aurich for a job well done. Lookin forward to updates on the acdc translite

Thanks! I know I saw you at Robert's, but not sure if we actually formally met or not.

I probably shouldn't have teased AC/DC, it's just hard to not want to put it up to see what people think. Plus there's a story behind it and Stern's Luci, and it's kinda killing me. I'm still tweaking some minor details though, and waiting for the test print, so trying to to be patient. If you were to PM me your email address I might send you a sneak peek though. Because being patient sucks!

#868 10 years ago

Printing update: The prints are in progress now, the run has started, they're just working on reprints for ones that didn't meet the quality standard. Should ship to me by the end of the week. I'm going to PM everyone shortly with the payment instructions.

We'll see if anyone drops out when I PM, but I do have two slots left that haven't been claimed since I upped the print run number at the last minute. So if anyone is on the fence shoot me a PM.

Got a photo of the AC/DC test print, excited to light it up in person. Working on a non-translite thing too that goes with it, but too early to say if it's gonna work out or not.

#869 10 years ago

Just sent all the PMs with instructions. Ping me if you have questions. Thanks!

#870 10 years ago

Thank you everyone who's already sent in payments. Looks like I'm having a slightly higher cancelation rate this run than usual (one person had a great excuse, he just picked up a Shadow and my translite was already on it) so I'm definitely going to have some extras for anyone who comes in late.

Better that than having to turn people away, so don't worry about it.

#872 10 years ago

Did a little trading with Mike Chestnut, art for chrome, ooh shiny!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#873 10 years ago

Just heard from the printer, order should be shipping to me tomorrow. Will update when I have a tracking # and a date.

I've probably received around 75% of the payments so far. If you want me to ship yours out when I get the order and break it down get your payments in, I'll try and turn it around as fast as I can.

#875 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Plus we can keep the file in case we ever damage the cards ourselves.

Hadn't thought of that, good point.

Sounds like no one objects, so I'll try and get to that.

#876 10 years ago

Shipping update: Got a tracking number, I'll have the prints next Wed.

Waiting to hear from 7 people still about payments, if we've talked already about paying later you're good.

Anyone who's paid up by then will get their package shipped by end of next week.

#878 10 years ago

So one PM'd to ask if I still have extras. I do have a few even if everyone left pays up.

#880 10 years ago

Putting together boxes, I'll be ready to ship them out on Thursday after they arrive on Wed.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#883 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I've gotta say, the play count on my Shadow on location at Young Loud and Snotty record shop
in the area has gone up since installing this art package upgrade.

So awesome, I love it.

#886 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Saw this translite in person and it's awesome! I played so much Shadow this weekend at INDISC and we had to take off the sign on it so we could see the full translite - awesome work Aurich!

Nice, I made the Orange photo roll.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to INDISC to meet up, hope it was fun. Football superseded watching the A finals, I only caught the round before on PAPA TV.

#887 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Sweet. It looks quite dark, which I like. I've read somewhere else on here about nickel as well - is that the dark one perhaps.

You're thinking of the black nickel. No, mine is straight up chrome, mirror finish, and bright, but it's so shiny it picks up all the dark reflections around it, like the cabinet itself.

#888 10 years ago

I've heard from everyone on my list but one. Where you at waynetrane?!

Looks like I have 4 left over after people dropping out. I'll just hold onto them for the moment in case I get last minute orders or there's a problem than needs an extra.

Thanks everyone.

#890 10 years ago

Love the new avatar o-din. "I'm glad you changed your last name you son of a bitch."

#894 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what the hell movie is that from? Looks like my wife in cartoon version.

Wizards: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076929/

#896 10 years ago

I have the prints.

I'll start packing them up and printing shipping labels tonight. Plan is to take them to the post office in the morning. If I can't finish them all tonight then I will tomorrow.

#898 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll get stoned, watch Wizards, and then go take what's left of my money and buy Nimblepins Shadow that already has the new and improved translite. That or I may end up at Chris and Pitts.

I'm down with the first two parts of your plan, and I don't want Nimblepin's Shadow but I really need to get over there to check out his WOZ still.

#901 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Got it, thanks. I'll probably do the same and would love some jade grips. Now where to get those?

That would be very cool, but I have no idea who you'd talk to about custom making something out of jade.

#902 10 years ago

Just went to the post office. All US orders who paid in time are shipped. I'm working on International today, they take a lot more time to do and I was up too late packing the domestics to feel like I could do them without messing something up.

I have a couple late people and one who hasn't paid yet, I'll take care of you too. Hope to have everyone shipped by tomorrow at the latest.

Which is good, because although it seems that this Shadow project might have slowed to the end, or at least close to it, I just made myself busy again apparently. The AC/DC project I teased is live. I wouldn't have done it if not for all the great support from all you guys, so thanks! Here it is if you missed it, a bit of a departure from the grim Shadow:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

translite.jpgtranslite.jpg

#903 10 years ago

Forgot to update this yesterday, all international orders went to the post office, along with the last US ones that paid too late to make the first run.

I have to look, but I think I ended up with 5 extras. I think this may be the end, may not do another run. Just don't think there's enough interest left. We'll see, but I'm fine with that, it did better than I could have ever expected, thank you everyone.

If anyone is on the fence I'd be happy to not sit on these 5 sets, so PM me if you want one.

#906 10 years ago
Quoted from supercombo:

Translite and speaker panel look amazing. Adds a whole new dimension and character to the game.
Is it weird that I want to proactively purchase this with the intention of acquiring a Shadow at some point in the distant future?

You wouldn't be the first actually. In fact I think someone did just that, but then the Shadow they found already had my art.

#907 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Just got mine thanks Aurich. and damn you!! now I need to go buy an ac dc.

I should get a commission from Stern!

Glad you got your package thanks for letting me know.

#909 10 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Look what I got in the mail today .
Looks badass! Thanks again.

Sweet, thanks for the pic.

#912 10 years ago
Quoted from jukehero1:

Ok I don't even own one but I have to say this artwork is awesome.

Thanks a lot. Definitely took inspiration from the Shadow comic books, big help in drawing the character to reference them.

Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

Aurich, what is the next machine on the list?

No idea! I didn't really set out to be the Pinside Translite Guy, but I'm enjoying the design challenges, they're different from my day job design work, it's a good outlet. So I'm sure I'll keep doing them, makes me happy, makes other people happy, and the money from selling them all goes back into pinball, so it's pretty much win for everyone.

I might have just sold one of the last two Shadows, leaving me with one. If 10 people want one I can do another run otherwise it's done. Until then I'm see what's going on with AC/DC, working on getting these decals finished, that's something I haven't done before.

#914 10 years ago

I'm sold out. If there's 10 people who want this I can do more. Otherwise that's it for now. Thanks everyone!

Please still post your install pics here !

#916 10 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Aurich
Great job man! Totally pro. I got mine today. Packed well, everything. Awesome! Super Job.
AND for the first time ever I actually removed LED's from the back box. Right behind the shadows coat where its black, they looked weird, like spots on the jacket. Looks killer darks coat, etc.
Anyway if Bally did what Aurich did Shadow would be right behind MM, AFM.
Thanks for doing this. These things keep the hobby awesome.

Thanks! I have to say, the AC/DC thing was kinda fun, and if I successfully take the ugly face off the playfield that seems like a victory of sorts, but it was just something to mess with, it didn't feel important like getting the Shadow done.

#918 10 years ago

Looks like the US deliveries are all done, now I get to bite my nails for a bit waiting to see if the overseas stuff all made it!

#921 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey Aurich,
what was the ratio of TL sales US compared to OS

I'd have to go through my spreadsheets, but just back of the envelope I'd guess 20% were international. That includes Canada.

#922 10 years ago

Looks like I am starting a 4th run list, but I need 10 people. Hard to say how that will go, but I'll do my best.

#925 10 years ago

I've got 3. I can probably fake it if I can at least get close to 10, see how it goes.

#927 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Please share with friend's with Shadows or that will get one someday.

If you need my email address to give to anyone not on Pinside (I've had that happen a few times already) just PM me.

#930 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Arrived yesterday

Awesome. Getting some more Bay Area saturation now (I'm from SF).

#932 10 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Put me down for. Set

Hmm, that makes 6, this might happen after all.

#938 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Bummer, mine was damaged too. Only the panel, fortunately. Just got a message from Aurich-- will be resolved.

Ouch that looks worse than expected.

#939 10 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Bad news, mine was damaged in transit. It looks like it was droped on its edge onto some thing round about 2 inches in diameter. It broke the plastic panel and wrinkled the edge of the translight. Here is a pic of the panel.
I tried to get a pic of the translight but could not see the damage in the pic. Even damaged it is still better looking then Alex ever was.

Is the translite okay once installed? I don't have extras. I do however have extra speaker panels, so that I can fix.

You can PM me if you want to talk.

#941 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Mint, like it just came down the road

Excellent. Honestly sending stuff to Australia is always the fastest and easiest of the overseas stuff I've learned.

#943 10 years ago

Heh. I learned the secret from a fellow Pinsider who's in shipping, it's because there's a direct flight from LAX to Australia the stuff goes on, all the other packages hub hop for a bit before making Europe etc.

#945 10 years ago
Quoted from kojiro07:

Thanks Aurich !arrived today in good condition! la France te remercie a bientot bon flipp!

Excellent. So far the only damage has been to domestic US shipments. The overseas ones make me nervous, they go so far.

#947 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

let me know when you start another run please!!!

Are you on my list? Away from home so I can't check. I'm just waiting for a couple more people so if you're not we're that much closer.

Edit: You're not, I'll PM you, but I think we're good to go now, you plus one more I just got is 9, and I'll just get the extra one on faith I can do something with it since I need 10 to order.

#949 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!

Seriously.

#950 10 years ago

Told my printer today we're doing another short Shadow run along with the AC/DC stuff, so it's official.

#954 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

Hi Aurich,
mine arrived today. Really well done ! Thanks a lot for this fantastic job !!

Awesome. I don't know why it seems to always take so long to clear German customs, you guys seem like you're always last to get stuff. Glad it made it through!

#955 10 years ago

Been messing with the lighting on mine. I think I might try some flex LEDs to see if I can get some areas perfect , but pretty happy with it.

image-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

The lightning of your translite looks very good- could you please tell me which LED's you used and how many of each colour ?

Well they're all cool whites, which is what I recommend using to light this. Let's see, I forget the brands now, I used various ones lying around, but as you can see I basically have 3 different brightnesses. The dim ones that don't seem to spread are old Pinball Life Ablazes I think. The ones with more light spread are from Cointaker, the frosted premiums I think. And the bright ones by his face and down by the streetlamp which really make those parts pop are little 3 LED lights, not sure what brand, but anything bright would do the trick.

It looks way better in person than that photo, which isn't bad, but doesn't really do it justice.

#960 10 years ago
Quoted from zx81:

That looks soooo cool. Can't wait for your next run to also get one (already on your list).
-Markus

For a moment I thought "you are?" but then I saw you sign your name and realized I have you down by your email address. Welcome to Pinside!

Hope to do this final run soon, just waiting on these AC/DC test prints so I can do it all at once. I really do think this might be the last one this time, I was barely able to get enough people together for the minimum print order.

#963 10 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Picked your Package from the Customs and could install it today finally.
GREAT Work Aurich. THX!
I am very happy with and in Real Life it looks much much better as on the Pictures
Only the Scorecards have been damage through the travel.
Can you send me pls the File?

Awesome, the green DMD looks great with it.

Sorry about the score cards, luckily that's easy to fix, I'll upload something.

#967 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

Thank you for the information, Aurich!
I thought at least four of the LED's are purple. So I'll buy some white ones and see how it works

Yeah, no, the purple ones are the triple bright ones, they just look purple on camera. They're super bright cold white in person. In the right spots they're great, but they hot spot for general area lighting, better if they're behind something specific you want brighter.

#970 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

man that backbox looks bright. Even in the pics you have a ton of backbox glare. You only need 7 bulbs in the entire backbox. Light up fine that way and cuts your glare visuals down by 86%.

I like my backboxes bright, I don't have glare phobia like you do.

#971 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just put down my deposit on TS. Going on an overnight road trip to pick it up in Ohio with my father and son. The anticipation is killing me! Can't wait to get that package from you. Glad to here it's a go.

Awesome. As soon as I get the AC/DC greenlight I'm getting Shadow done, so just waiting on this last test print. Was hoping to do it this week, we'll see if we pull it off that fast, only got final files done yesterday after some back and forth complications.

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Put me in line for the translite set.

Can do. I hope to put in the order next week, we'll see.

#979 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

damn how did i miss this thread. awesome art package.

We're on page 20 now, you gotta pay attention. Thanks!

#984 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

With some of those scores you have, I think you do anyway.

A score that even? Probably the buy-in scores scrolling by. I wish I could turn them off, I hate the feature. If I ever make new decals for my cab I'm sealing over the buy-in hole.

#987 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

If you do so I'll buy a set
Unfortunately there're no cabinet decals for The Shadow available

I've got to re-decal my Elvira, be my first time trying full cab decals. If I don't hate it I'll think about it. I dunno how many people would do the work of a full cab re-decal though.

#988 10 years ago

Looking close to putting in the Shadow order. One bit of good news, and everyone who's already gotten theirs will know what I mean, the protective film over the translite is now way easier to peel off. That was pretty much the only complaint I ever got about these, it was pretty damn tough, so really happy that's been addressed for all my projects moving forward. It's one of the reasons AC/DC got slightly delayed, but totally worth it.

Sorry to everyone who had to struggle with that stuff!

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

left the film on my last one, can't see the difference, looks good to me

I've never tried it behind glass and lit up, but the film definitely dulls things just sitting there out in the light. If you're happy though no worries. Sorry that stuff was such a pain to remove, I'm super stoked we found a better solution.

#992 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I'm so excited to get this! You've pushed me to start thinking about chroming this baby out and give it the attention it deserves

I have my shooter chromed, it looks really nice. I'm waiting for someone to do a Shadow with black legs, and brass plated lockdown and rails, along with re-brass plating the habitrails. Either chrome or black nickel shooter. That would look bad ass IMHO!

#994 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Sign me up for the package.

Can do, you slipped in right at the last minute.

#997 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

anxious to see a custom Shadow decal set

Heh, well you never know, it might happen some day.

#999 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

See my pic from a few pages back - brass powder (not quite the same, but should give you an idea)

Oh I totally missed that it was brass colored. Thanks.

#1001 10 years ago

For the 1000th (!!!) post in this thread I'm posting a heads up that I sent the payment requests out to everyone. Hopefully everybody still wants them since they're already printing!

If you didn't get in on the 4th run and wish you could have please PM me, I may have an extra or two, or someone may drop out.

Thanks!

#1004 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What's in your wallet?

I'm going to be sad when this thread eventually dies and you can't post these.

#1007 10 years ago

I just had someone drop out, need to fill an empty slot. So if you want in please PM me.

#1008 10 years ago

Shot from the printer of Shadow printing. Funny thing is, if you look carefully you can see that AC/DC is about to start running next.

shadowofhelen.jpgshadowofhelen.jpg

#1011 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Cant wait! Do you have a rough idea of when they'll be ready to ship out?

I'm hoping they ship to me some time next week. That's my rough idea. If I get a more exact date I'll update the thread. As I was just writing in the AC/DC thread the printing itself is pretty fast. The cutting and laminating the backlight diffusing material and doing any reprints of ones that don't meet spec are what take a little longer.

#1012 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Looks great!
Next round maybe I'll be in. Just got my Shadow and had to order new ramps for it.

So good news / bad news: I'm not sure there will even be another run. Interest has slowed down. Hard to say though, certainly possible. Good news is it's looking like I'll have a few extras from this run, so I might have stock for a little bit.

#1014 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Great. Regardless great work. They look terrific.

Thanks. Just shoot me a PM anytime if you're interested, I'll let you know what's up.

#1015 10 years ago

Good news everyone! </professor>

Looks like the print job will ship to me on Monday. So give it a few days to get to me, and then I'm gonna need a few more days to break this sucker down and ship it, this is a complicated one. I just ordered $400 worth of new boxes to put together.

So I'll update with progress, but worst case scenario is I'll need next weekend to finish packing and will get to post office on the following Monday.

I'm still waiting on payments from a handful of people, if you haven't contact me or paid yet please do so! I'm totally sold out, and people are asking if I have extras, so at some point I'm going to give your slot away to people who want it if I don't hear from you.

shadow-acdc.pngshadow-acdc.png

#1016 10 years ago

I just hunted down and re-contacted everyone on my list I haven't heard from. If I don't have your payment or at least some contact in the next couple days then it's first come first served on you order. PM me if you're interested, I'll give you first dibs on anyone who surrenders their spot one way or another.

This longer drawn out pre-order list is harder to deal with, people haven't responded as well this time when the orders were actually due because of it. Not sure how much longer I'll be making these, the end is probably near for this project.

Edit: Already heard from someone who had to pass, so I definitely have at least one available.

1 week later
#1017 10 years ago

All paid Shadow orders, US and international, will ship out tomorrow. US folks should have them by Wed or Thurs probably. International will vary according to customs, but typically the ship time is 6-10 days before that.

I have two left, one is spoken for but I haven't actually been paid for it yet. (Edit: And now it has, packed up, down to one left.)

I'm willing to do more runs, but honestly it's becoming harder, takes longer to get enough people, and then once I do it seems like a lot drop out and I have to hope other people step up so I'm not left holding prints I paid for.

So I'm not saying "no more", but I dunno how much more of these it's worth doing.

Post edited by Aurich: Updated Shadow count

#1020 10 years ago

Dang! Pretty sure nothing I sent would be going that way luckily. Only Orange County order was picked up in person yesterday.

I'm thinking most of the US orders should start showing up today.

#1023 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I freaking hope so!

March 5, 2014 , 10:35 am
Delivered
SPRINGFIELD, MO 65807

#1025 10 years ago

4th run is officially sold out. Maybe it's the last one, I don't know. If 10 people want to sign up I can do a 5th, otherwise it had a good run. Thanks everyone!

If you're a 4th run person getting your packages now post pics!

1 week later
#1028 10 years ago

Somehow I ended up with 5 extra speaker panels. So I'm going to order 5 more translites to go with them. Normally I can't do runs that small, but my printer is letting me piggyback them onto a last AC/DC run, so this will be the final hurrah of Shadow and Helen I think.

I may start a new thread when they arrive to try and see if anyone wants a last chance, but it's first come first serve. If you think you want one I'm basically calling this your last chance now, demand has died down too much to really see ever doing another run.

The response to these has been wonderful, thank you to everyone for all the kind words, I appreciate it.

#1030 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I hate to hear last chance. I have been on the fence because I tend to keep my games looking factory. Saturday night I will have a chance to see this in person and that will help me decide. Maybe you will have a set left after that.

Sounds good. One is spoken for but I dunno that the final four will fly off the shelves or anything, I've kinda saturated Pinside with these.

Actually as I'm typing this someone just PM'd me so maybe three.

#1034 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

when is the scantily clad all ladies version coming out?

New alt translite, The Flasher. Who knows what lurks under that trenchcoat?

I have two left.

#1038 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Ok, I will take the last one.

Doh, I was actually coming in here to say sold out, people already PM'd me to claim them. I had no idea they'd go that fast. If anyone drops out when I ask for the payments I can let you know.

#1039 10 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

how big was the total run of these?

I'd estimate maybe around half of Pinside Shadows have my translite on them now. That hate for Baldwin is strong.

I'm not unwilling to print more, but honestly the demand finally started to dry up (not that you could tell from how fast all 5 vanished this morning) and it was getting hard to get enough people together for a run. And then by the time I did it took so long that people who wanted in would flake out, and it just got to the point where it felt like it was over. I had these 5 leftover speaker panels, so I got 5 last ones to match them, and that felt like the last call.

#1045 10 years ago

I took out those four bulbs behind his coat too. I also used some flex lights to light the logo better, and switched all the flashers to flex LEDs that I aimed kinda left and right, so focused just the bkg, as best I could. Pretty happy with how mine is lit now.

I really recommend at least cool white LEDs if you want to enjoy is the way it's meant to look. Frosted ones too, nothing too bright.

#1048 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Finally saw one in person Saturday night. Looks better in person than in photos.

Thanks, sorry I didn't have another one for you, they vanished quick. Maybe if I do another AC/DC run I can slip in a few more Shadows.

#1049 10 years ago

I'm hearing these will ship to me from the printer around next Tuesday. So I'll pack up and send out end of next week most likely.

I'll PM everyone with the payment info.

#1050 10 years ago

Shadow ranslites shipped to me from the printer today, so once I have them I'll break down and send out to the last people. I'd guess early next week, doubt I'll get it soon enough to make it out by Saturday, but if I do I will.

#1052 10 years ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

I am happy to say I finally have a Shadow pin to go with the translite I've had in the closet the last couple months. I love the machine and it looks great thanks Aurich!

Awesome, I know you've been looking for a while.

Hope to have the prints tomorrow, will send out this last batch once they're in hand.

#1053 10 years ago

All Shadow packages shipped today but one, which hasn't been paid for. I've sent a PM to the person who wanted it, if he doesn't take it or reply after a while I've got a short waiting list and I'll go there.

#1057 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Got mine! Still working out the LED's lol.

My latest trick is to use some flex head ones to light the Shadow text, I was able to angle them so that it lit more evenly.

#1060 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How many are you using? And any chance you could post pics of placement next time you have the translite off? I'm putting together an LED order for my Shadow and this sounds like an interesting concept!

I'll try and take a pic. I want to say 3 or 4. I have the small cluster behind his trenchcoat pulled off, and then the ones near the bottom are all flex, and I've got them angled to try and light the logo as evenly as I can. When I designed it I knew that would be the weak spot, it's tricky to work with the existing light pattern, did the best I could.

I also used flex LED flashers for all the flasher spots, and have them pointed away from The Shadow, so the sky around him illuminates but not him.

1 week later
#1062 10 years ago

Sure no worries. See if these help. The flex lights behind the logo have white bulb condoms on them to help spread the light. Ignore the green looking LED, that's a slow color changer, my personal translite has a few differences from the production versions.

image-198.jpgimage-198.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpg

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey Aurich, now that I have conceded and am sporting a Shadow with your beautiful upgraded translite, would you consider making an alternate left slingshot plastic also?

Messing with alt plastics is on my list, I haven't found the proper way to do it in small volumes though, not really in a position to do massive screen print orders. I had a printer doing a test print for me, but haven't heard from him in a little while.

#1066 10 years ago

I almost have enough people to do another small run, assuming everyone who's been added to my list since the last one is still interested. Hard to know sometimes, machines sell etc.

If I can do it I will, I'd like to be able to hook the people who are interested up, so a little bump to see if there's anyone else who might want to join them. Just shoot me a PM.

shadow-package.jpgshadow-package.jpg

#1069 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Aurich, what's the price? I don't feel like digging through this long ass thread.

It is a long ass thread! All the info is in the first post. Good point in that I should just mention it though.

Cost: $175, shipping included in the US (outside the US add $30, so $205, sorry but turns out this is a little pricey to ship international!) I ship Priority, both in the US and international. Flat package, nothing rolled up.

#1072 10 years ago
Quoted from andyj5555:

Bumping this thread. I finally decided to pull the trigger on this much needed upgrade to Baldwin. Just a few orders away from another run.

Yeah, super close, if I could just pick up one or two people this weekend I could fake the rest I think.

I like this pic RonB just put up of his game:

220783.jpg220783.jpg

#1073 9 years ago

I think I have enough people to at least get me close enough that I can eat any extras that don't get sold. I'm gonna see if anyone else wants in over the weekend then I'll talk to my printer, see what he thinks about a small run.

I'm always hesitant to say "this is the last one!" but it's increasingly hard to get enough people together, so I'd say any time I'm able to do these now it's totally possible there won't ever be more made.

#1079 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

great job i like it! i dont understand why anyone cant relocate bulb sockets simple hole drill, mount scoket, rewire or add sockets and overlaping hole can ues flex led's. its just a light board.

Oh sure, anyone could. Heck, I might even at some point, my Shadow isn't going anywhere, if someone doesn't like it then not my problem.

I tried to design around the lights as best I could, honestly if you just relocated a few of the sockets in his overcoat area down to the logo there's not much need to change anything else. I have the text pretty evenly lit with the flex lights though.

#1080 9 years ago
Quoted from salfab:

I'm in Europe (Switzerland) so let me count my coins and I'll confirm my interest, but there is a 80% chance that I'm going to take one !!

Just to make sure, this is a complete backglass, right ? printed glass, I don't need to find an "empty" glass. correct ?

This is a translite, not a backglass, meaning it's printed on a backlight film. Just like the stock one in your game. I include instructions, but you just take off your glass, remove the black clips along the edge, and remove the old translite. Line up the new one on the glass, slip the clips back on, and you're set. Takes a couple minutes, it's easy. Store your old one however you like, there's no need to buy glass.

Just let me know. PM is best to make sure I don't miss it, but I monitor this thread too.

#1082 9 years ago

Okay, print run is happening. Anyone one my list is covered, I'll contact you soon.

If you didn't pre-order I am getting a few extras, so please PM if you're interested.

#1084 9 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I'm curious, how many of these have you sold?

I'd have to look it up, spread across a lot of spreadsheets, I think this is the 6th print run. I'd guess about half of Pinside Shadow owners have it now. I'm just happy people are digging one of my favorite games, it's still a bit of a sleeper, but not as much as it used to be. Not that I take all the credit for that or anything, but happy to contribute.

#1086 9 years ago

In theory this run is now sold out. Every slot has a pre-order. But everyone who's on my list doesn't always actually buy one when the times comes, so it's possible I'll have some free ones. I'll update if I get any more openings.

1 week later
#1088 9 years ago

Next run of the Shadow is nearly ready at the printer. Could ship to me tomorrow, I think next week is more likely, but soon. I'll contact everyone when it's in transit.

#1091 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any chance this will be made up again?

Hard to say. Technically this run is sold out with a waiting list of 4 people. Never know if people will flake out when I ask for money, it's gotten slower to do these runs now that I have to get enough people and usually someone drops out by the time things are ready. Sold their game or whatever.

I basically need 10 people to do a minimum print run, as long as I can get that I'm happy to keep doing them. Every time I think interest has died down people pop up, so I've learned to stop guessing and just roll with how things go. I tried to order extras for this run and they all got claimed before I could even get them from the printer. I just emailed him to check on status, they should ship to me any time now.

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from Sean_R:

Count me in on your next one! Disappointed that I missed this run by a few weeks

Can do, I'm keeping a backup list.

These are printed and at the printer, they ran out of the protective film we put over the translites to keep them pristine during transit and are just waiting for the reup to come in so they can finish my order, that's what's holding it up right now.

Soon as I get word they're shipping to me I'll contact everyone.

#1096 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks Aurich for making this fine alternative translight, it's definitely an improvement!

I'm glad people are enjoying it.

#1097 9 years ago

Good news, heard from the printer, they're shipping to me. I'll start contacting everyone soon, want to be sure they're en route to me first.

If you're on my waiting list give me time to see if anyone drops out.

#1099 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Aurich, I've talked up your recent work in a short essay, and lifted a couple of images to compliment the words...hope that is okay.
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/10/mods-a-trifecta-of-transposing-translites/

Totally okay. I'm in a kind of grey area here when it comes to the legal waters, and I know it and shy away from too might limelight, but I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

#1100 9 years ago

Translites are here. Been really busy with work, behind on sending out the payment requests. I'll get on that.

image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg

#1104 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It comes with a new speaker panel cover as well? Did not know that.

Yup, whole new speaker panel, just like OEM, you take your old one out and slide the new one in. Bonus, your DMD will look super clear and nice after your old hazy panel is gone.

I'm sending out the first batch of PMs right now, you're on the list.

#1105 9 years ago

So I need to see how the run I have now goes with the pre-order list, if people drop out etc, but in theory I'm looking good with my wait list to do another small run after this. I'll know soon I think. Just PM me if you're interested in being on that list.

#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I hope these are still available!! Looks amazing!

I'm basically confident my waiting list is long enough to do another run shortly, I just need to see how many people from this run are going to actually pay and order. Still waiting to hear from about half the group.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

How soon are we talking before the next run?
thanks!

Soon I think, I'm basically waiting to see how this current run goes. I have 5 people I've sent a payment request to and haven't heard from. So I need to know if they're still in, so I can figure out how the next one looks. This is just a side hobby for me, I really try and manage the orders so I'm not stuck sitting on say those 5.

Anyways, hopefully they'll respond now that the weekend is over and as soon as I know how things look I can probably just put in another order.

#1115 9 years ago

Great. I heard from someone in NE too, looks like the Monday batch was processed in time.

I think I'm just about ready to order this other run. Funny how people keep popping up when I think it's done. Learned to stop guessing.

#1117 9 years ago

I've finally had enough response from this current run to get the next one going. Still waiting on one person but that's no big deal.

So this is last call, if you want in on this run please let me know ASAP before I email the number to the printer.

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Worried about peeling the trans though...

Don't be, the original run had a really tough protective cover to remove, but we fixed it. Still takes a little tugging, but it's no big deal.

#1122 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Just got mine too! Woohoo - now to figure out how to get the backglass off once I get home

It's super easy, but I did include instructions.

#1123 9 years ago

Order with printer placed. I got a couple extras to cover any latecomers.

#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Msg me if/when you have one ready for me!

Yup will do. I have my list set.

#1128 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine is the original run... :-\

lol, well a lot of people took it off no problem too, it's not that scary or anything, but yeah, it's on there a little firmly. I've peeled a fair share myself, it just take a little time is all. I peel a corner back, then put down a soft cloth so I don't leave a giant hand print and work it from there.

We've reformulated the adhesive since then so it's easier.

#1130 9 years ago
Quoted from salfab:

Wooohoooo so happy
Mine just got through the Atlantic sea, and across half of Europe. Just got it today through the Swiss postal service!
It looks amazing, thank you very much for your amazing work, Aurich !

Awesome. I've really had very good luck with international packages, only had one wrecked of all the ones I've sent (well, and one meant for Austria that ended up in Australia before finally making it to Europe) but I still feel much better when I know they've arrived safely.

#1133 9 years ago
Quoted from salfab:

soft, and DRY !!!
I took a cloth which very clean, but was still a bit humid. it left a little spot. Hopefully It won't be noticeable through the glass, especially since it is in the corner, but if it can be avoided altogether...

It might actually look better in a bit too when it's had a chance to dry out some. These are photographic translites, so the surface is much like an actual photograph. The Williams ones were I believe back printed, so the front was easy to clean because the printing was on the other side. These require a little more babying than that.

#1134 9 years ago

I just filled my last extra slot on this next run, but I emailed my printer to bump up the quantity some, should hopefully be fine since I doubt he's had a chance to start anything. So I'll still have a few free for last minute people.

I'll update with progress as always, but I figured probably a couple weeks or so before I can send them out. Just PM me if you're interested in the meantime.

#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I'm actually going to watch the movie finally so I can understand the callouts/scenes more

It's not a masterpiece of cinema, but it is kinda fun to see how much they actually took from the film for the pin. My favorite example is the locks bursting open for Khan multiball, you'll see where that comes from, was a nice touch.

1 week later
#1141 9 years ago

lollllllll.

I just emailed my printer to see if I can get an estimate for when this next batch will be done. I'll update if I get word.

#1144 9 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

update would be great!

Looks like it's close, I don't have an exact estimate yet, my guy is traveling and will check in with his team on Monday when he's back. If all goes well it will ship to me early next week and I'll contact everyone.

#1145 9 years ago

Just got the good word from my printer, shipping to me tomorrow. I'll contact everyone with instructions shortly.

1 week later
#1149 9 years ago

Hmm, that's not good! Send me a PM I'll give you my email address and you can send me pics.

#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

When are these shipping? thanks!

Just got the package today! Already starting to tape together boxes. See how fast I can pack them all, either ship tomorrow or Thursday.

Still waiting to hear from 7 people, we'll see if those are sold or not ...

#1152 9 years ago

Welp, I screwed up.

I forgot to note down a new person who came in later in my spreadsheet, and now I've technically oversold this run by one. Still waiting to hear from 5 people with payments, maybe one will drop out.

Dunno how to solve that, my bad, but I guess at this point whoever I hear from last will get dropped, snooze and you lose. Which makes me feel like a bit of a jerk, sorry about that!

On a positive note I'm continuing to pack boxes this morning for everyone who's in.

#1156 9 years ago

My overbooking worked out fine, had a couple dropouts, was even able to get a waiting list person covered, so all good. Thanks though!

#1159 9 years ago

Sweet, love seeing install pics.

3 weeks later
#1162 9 years ago

Cool. BTW it was totally cool for him to try and sell it here, no need for the thumbs down.

#1164 9 years ago

Looks like you still get DMD reflection with that glass. I should look into some privacy filters, I use a glare guard now but I don't care for the look. It sucks have reflections cover up the Battlefield though.

4 weeks later
#1166 9 years ago

I'm doing a small run of Shadows, I ended up with 8 extra speaker panels because of how the last order worked, so I'm doing 8 translites and cards to go with them, it's easier to do a small run when I don't have to order the panels, they come in bigger batches.

Of the 8 I have four or five claimed (waiting to hear back from one person), so there aren't a ton of extras. If anyone wants one of them just PM me.

If I end up with extras unclaimed I'll update later. I always feel like every run I do will be the very last one, but I apparently suck at predicting these things. Interest has slowed down a lot though, so it's always possible this will be it. Just FYI.

Thanks!

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Put me dwn for a set (speaker panels, translite, and cards). PM sent

Done. 2 or 3 left. I guess I'll just update this thread as best I can to reflect the status.

#1170 9 years ago

That plus the person I was waiting for confirmed, so I have one left.

3 weeks later
#1174 9 years ago

I got in the small Shadow order, will PM my pre-order list shortly.

1 month later
#1176 9 years ago

Looks like I have enough people to do another small run. If you're interested in getting in on it just shoot me a PM.

1 month later
#1177 9 years ago

Putting this message in my Shadow, Helen, and Star Trek threads as a general update:

I just got in new prints yesterday for all three projects. I owe people emails with the ordering info, I have everyone on my lists. I'm just fighting a cold and really tired and spacey, and I need to get some rest or something before I have the mental energy to make sure I don't screw it all up.

So I apologize for the delay, once I'm together I'll contact everyone and start shipping orders as they come in. You'll start hearing from me over the next few days.

#1179 9 years ago

Okay, sorry, but going to be a delay on Shadow.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

The joy of Quality Control!

Heh, mistakes happen. My printer is on top of it, but I'll have to wait for the fixed ones to arrive.

1 week later
#1182 9 years ago

New speaker panels are due from FedEx today. Assuming they look good, and I'm sure they will, I'll contact everyone with the details.

#1184 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Hey Aurich, can you re-post some pics of everything you currently have available (or will in the near future) for The Shadow? Do you just do intermittent runs of the alt translite, or is there more?
Mine is arriving in a couple weeks and want to look at my options.

I just have the package that's on the first post of this thread for The Shadow, I've never delved beyond the translite/speaker panel/apron cards. Mostly because I really like the rest of the game already and didn't feel the need to fix it.

I've fantasized about new cabinet decals, but I think it's just too much work for the return, redecaling a cab is a lot harder than swapping a translite. Which is probably why my Elvira cabinet has been sitting for a year looking like shit with the new decals in a tube...

#1186 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What about casting higher-quality gun handles? I have to bring this up every 6 months or so, even though I know you probably haven't splurged on a vacuum casting machine since I last asked. Still hoping I'll catch you bored one day and light a spark.

I gave up on that, I suck at casting. Someone who has skills in that area should totally do it though! My new scheme is to carve my own from some kind of exotic wood. I took my handles off and took some measurements, but then got sucked into other projects like Star Trek.

Now I'm messing with ideas for Metallica. Every time I do something though I'm trying new things, trying to explore a different area (no translite this time) and you never know what will circle back to an older title when I find a new approach.

This is really just my playground, way to let off steam and design stuff that my day job doesn't cover, so I wander wherever it seems interesting.

#1188 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

A Dia De Los Muertos translight for TWD would be right up your alley! Maybe would make me put one in the lineup.

Heh. I'll be honest, as much as it would be a fun theme to draw I'm not touching it. Now that Stern is selling their own mods for it it's just too much potential headache. I don't think I could get away with using the TWD name on anything, even if it was original artwork. I could do other things I guess, that weren't branded, but no one wants a translite without the name on it.

#1190 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Yeah pinside definitely doesn't need any more drama! It would be cool on something though, such great opportunities with the use of color and imagery.

Yeah, no doubt. Really though I think the stock translites look fine, so it's not like there's a burning need there anyways. I suppose I could do a non-branded decal package, I dunno. We'll see, I'm up to my ears in projects right now. I need to step away from them long enough to PM everyone who's on my Shadow list now that I have the right speaker panels in stock.

Letting the first coat of paint dry on a prototype for something as I'm typing.

1 week later
#1192 9 years ago

For everyone who ordered recently and got a shipping notice they didn't go out until today. My post office was closed New Year's Eve, and of course yesterday. Sorry about that. They're mailed now though.

3 months later
4 months later
#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Why don't you do a decal set of your own design as well?

Too much trouble, work, and expense for something that few people will honestly do is the real answer. Decaling a cab is a PITA.

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Wow... how did I miss this... what an Effin IDIOT "U R" Mark! Go back to your Garage and shit on someone else you con.

Just ignore it, I am.

I just got back in town from a long trip, and I've promised people I'll look at doing some more translites. I'll probably start a new thread with the new marketplace rules etc, this one it too hard for anyone to try and keep up with at 24 pages I would think. Just give me some time to get back on track, catch up on my sleep, etc.

#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Any chance you'd ever do custom decals for the standup/drop targets? I know there are several versions out there (like these: http://www.pinballdecals.com/ShadowTargetDecalsPage.html) and I actually like the M-O-N-G-O-L decals and bought a separate set of those. But I don't care for the battlefield options currently available, and would love to see your take on it!

Never really thought about it honestly. I guess I'm just used to them being yellow.

1 month later
#1203 8 years ago

I've got more than enough people, just haven't had time. I'm going to organize it after Expo though. I'll start a new thread probably, this one is pretty old and long now, and it's not in line with the for sale policies too, hate for it to get locked.

4 weeks later
#1206 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hello,
Im also in for the next round, I am going to join the club soon. Are you shipping the translite and the speaker panel togheter or separately?

Together. Honestly I'm kind of waiting to see exactly what's happening with the new sale threads here, I don't really like the new format they have. They're pretty confusing for mods like mine.

6 months later
#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"There is no light without shadow?"
I assume that's taken from the comics or the old radio show, but that really doesn't make any sense.

Man, if you don't recognize that quote then you need to play your Shadow pinball more!

(Seriously, it's taken directly from a game callout. And it makes perfect sense to me.)

People still ask me about these. I'm out of stock, and last time I did a run I had like a 50% flake rate from my pre-order list, and I was stuck with a stack that I had to sit on and trickle out. Luckily they all sold. It's made me wary of doing any more, I don't really feel like spending a bunch of money to print up a batch so they can gather dust when people don't follow through.

I'm keeping a pre-order list, I should check it and see how many people are on it, just kinda cautious now about the time and work, getting close to done with this one it seems. Market saturation!

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Aurich - Just make people pre pay if they want one so badly. Given the amount people won't mind and we all know you are not going to screw anyone.

Yeah, that's always a possibility I guess. I never like to work that way, but I'll admit that getting burned again by flakes isn't really motivating. There's always a few dropouts, that's no big deal, but when it's close to half it sucks.

Bottom line: if there are people who really want it still I'm happy to make it happen. That's just why I haven't tried again since the last time. And I took a couple months off Pinside too, that didn't really help I guess. I have a bunch of PMs I need to look at, if I didn't answer them as soon as they came in they kinda got left to rot, so sorry if I seemed to ignore anyone. (Looks up, and it says 19, don't feel like reading them all now, about to close window.)

#1234 7 years ago

Okay, I'm gonna see what I can do for you folks, definitely don't want to leave people hanging. I'm getting more PMs, I think there's enough legit interest. If you want on my list hit this link:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/shadow/pre-order.html

1 week later
#1239 7 years ago

I just emailed everyone on my list about doing a small run. If you're interested and didn't get an email from me then shoot me a PM.

I am going to ask people to pay up front this time, just too many flakes last time, sorry.

#1241 7 years ago

lol, total coincidence, surely.

I honestly don't mind or care, so either way it's totally cool. I think the record for flipping has to be Helen though, someone said he sold his set for over $300, which like double what I charged. Supply and demand!

3 weeks later
#1246 7 years ago

Update: Printer has shipped to me, just waiting to receive them. Should go out to everyone by the end of this week I think.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from krankcolc:

I signed up on the pre-order list. Is that still active or should I just PM you here Aurich?

PM me, I don't actively monitor that list or anything, and already used it to place the order.

1 week later
#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Any additional update would be appreciate to the overall group, as I did not just want to ask a singular question.
I have no idea how many people actually "put their money where their mouth is" on this round.
This is one of only few modifications, I have been truly impressed with overall.

Got delayed by the holiday weekend, at my in-laws for the night, I'll pack up boxes for shipping tomorrow.

#1250 7 years ago

Just packed all orders, about to drop off at post office, and emailing/PMing waiting list because I do have a few extras.

Thanks for the patience everyone! I think you should be getting tracking #'s from Paypal

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Just got mine in the mail!

Excellent. You know, people bitch about the USPS, but I honestly have pretty good experiences with them. Fast and on time almost all the time. I've sent hundreds and hundreds of translites, almost never need to replace a damaged one.

I have people asking me if I'm going to do this again. The answer is the same as before, if there's enough demand I'm happy to. Just sign up at http://www.aurichlawson.com/shadow/pre-order.html and I'll try and keep an eye on it.

#1260 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is there tracking info that was sent out?
Just want to make sure mine is coming.

Sorry, behind on Pinside. You should have yours by now, but if you don't let me know. Paypal normally sends tracking info when I ship, you should have gotten something.

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Oh man I am excited ... Sadly Canada post is going on strike tomorrow and it looks like I won't be mine till its done... Could take months ... Oh well hope it just shows up in one piece.... Thanks Aurich

Oh dang, really? Ugh, that sucks. I guess I'd better keep that in mind if I need to ship more things to Canada ...

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Are any more of these available for sale?
I just signed up on the waiting list. If any left overs, me want.

I have two sitting here still, but they're in theory claimed. One person asked if he could wait until the 14th, the other not so sure. This is where the land of flakes starts to kick in that I didn't want to deal with.

But there's already a waiting list, so afraid I can't help you right now. That said, if I can get another group together I'm happy to do it again. Signing up with that Google form is all you need to do for now, so you're set.

2 months later
#1273 7 years ago

I have 10 sitting here, just waiting for UPS to drop off my Uline boxes today so I can ship them out. BUT — they're all spoken for and paid for. If you're in that group you're set, will ship them within the next couple days once I find time to pack them.

Drano, feel free to sell yours, I don't mind, just want people to have a set if they want one and be happy.

3 months later
#1277 7 years ago

lol, now I'm trying to figure out how to get back out of the industry!

1 month later
#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

Are there any more of these available from anyone?

PM me your email address, I'll put you on my list.

521 posts in this topic match your search for posts by aurich. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/2?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.