download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.
#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Any chance you'd ever do custom decals for the standup/drop targets? I know there are several versions out there (like these: http://www.pinballdecals.com/ShadowTargetDecalsPage.html) and I actually like the M-O-N-G-O-L decals and bought a separate set of those. But I don't care for the battlefield options currently available, and would love to see your take on it!

Never really thought about it honestly. I guess I'm just used to them being yellow.

1 month later
#1202 8 years ago

Just joined The Shadow club so I'll take a set if you decide to re-run

#1203 8 years ago

I've got more than enough people, just haven't had time. I'm going to organize it after Expo though. I'll start a new thread probably, this one is pretty old and long now, and it's not in line with the for sale policies too, hate for it to get locked.

#1204 8 years ago

I watch for a repost, i think it's time for an upgrade

3 weeks later
#1205 8 years ago

Hello,

Im also in for the next round, I am going to join the club soon. Are you shipping the translite and the speaker panel togheter or separately?

#1206 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Hello,
Im also in for the next round, I am going to join the club soon. Are you shipping the translite and the speaker panel togheter or separately?

Together. Honestly I'm kind of waiting to see exactly what's happening with the new sale threads here, I don't really like the new format they have. They're pretty confusing for mods like mine.

2 months later
#1207 8 years ago

Hi. Please notify me of the next round. I'm in for a new translight. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#1208 8 years ago

Aurich just ran another round, and may have some extra remaining. You should reach out to him.

1 month later
#1209 8 years ago

Aurich I would love a set if you have any left

2 weeks later
#1210 7 years ago

Do you have any spare set lying around for sale?

#1211 7 years ago

Same here. Do you have a set for sale?

#1212 7 years ago

Your best bet is to send him a nice email.
I'm not sure if he is watching this thread....but I hope so.

1 month later
#1213 7 years ago

"There is no light without shadow?"

I assume that's taken from the comics or the old radio show, but that really doesn't make any sense.

Why not the "evil lurks" quote? Way cooler!

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I assume that's taken from the comics or the old radio show, but that really doesn't make any sense.
Why not the "evil lurks" quote? Way cooler!

of course it makes sense. all light casts a shadow!

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

of course it makes sense. all light casts a shadow!

What is this shit, Groundhog day? I can see light without shadows!!!!

I'm of mixed opinion on this alternative translite. I'm getting a Shadow that comes with one but unsure if I'll keep it installed. I don't loathe the original like most do - I like the colors, the art deco aspect, and the fact that it's all hand drawn. Aurirch's looks a little "CGI" to me which doesn't really fit the asthetic of the time period when the movie takes place, or even when the game was built. I also don't like the fact that "Bally" isn't on the backglass either, even though I understand why.

I'll wait to see it in person before making a call. Clearly tons of people like and prefer this, and in any case it's WAY better than the many attempts I've seen previously.

I'm actually surprised the Alec Baldwin hate still runs so strong...I used to think it was his politics but last night I was hanging out with a girl who had never even seen or heard of this game before, and she said "Oh that is really ugly! So much Alec Baldwin! He's so detestable!" She's a big liberal!

So I guess people really do just hate his guts - I kind of thought with this venerable turn in recent favorites like 30 Rock maybe his reputation had been rehabilitated but I guess people just don't like him. I give him a pass on that whole calling his daughter an obnoxious pig on the phone years back...can you imagine what an insufferable brat the daughter of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin is? I'd probably call her far worse after spending 10 minutes with her.

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm of mixed opinion on this alternative translite. I'm getting a Shadow that comes with one but unsure if I'll keep it installed. I don't loathe the original like most do - I like the colors, the art deco aspect, and the fact that it's all hand drawn. Aurirch's looks a little "CGI" to me which doesn't really fit the asthetic of the time period when the movie takes place, or even when the game was built. I also don't like the fact that "Bally" isn't on the backglass either, even though I understand why.
I'll wait to see it in person before making a call. Clearly tons of people like and prefer this, and in any case it's WAY better than the many attempts I've seen previously.

Congrats on picking up a Shadow, such a great game. I enjoy Baldwin's acting and don't care that he's probably an asshole in his private life. I'm also with you on not hating the original translite (though I do prefer Aurich's). The thing that really sold me was the speaker panel -- the stock one looks absolutely terrible, it's got that early-90s teal and pretty poor renditions of the supporting cast. So even if you decide to sell Aurich's translite, hang on to the alt speaker panel which is a massive improvement.

#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What is this shit, Groundhog day? I can see light without shadows!!!!
I'm actually surprised the Alec Baldwin hate still runs so strong...I used to think it was his politics but last night I was hanging out with a girl who had never even seen or heard of this game before, and she said "Oh that is really ugly! So much Alec Baldwin! He's so detestable!" She's a big liberal!
So I guess people really do just hate his guts - I kind of thought with this venerable turn in recent favorites like 30 Rock maybe his reputation had been rehabilitated but I guess people just don't like him. I give him a pass on that whole calling his daughter an obnoxious pig on the phone years back...can you imagine what an insufferable brat the daughter of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin is? I'd probably call her far worse after spending 10 minutes with her.

levi i personally never liked the alternate translite. my friends have it i seen it in person although the art work looks good i don't like it on the game. i am fine with the original translight on my SHADOW. and besides alec doesn't look like that anymore! LOL

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Congrats on picking up a Shadow, such a great game. I enjoy Baldwin's acting and don't care that he's probably an asshole in his private. I'm also with you on not hating the original translite (though I do prefer Aurich's). The thing that really sold me was the speaker panel -- the stock one looks absolutely terrible, it's got that early-90s teal and pretty poor renditions of the supporting cast. So even if you decide to sell Aurich's translite, hang on to the alt speaker panel which is a massive improvement.

Regardless I'd probably keep the Aurich translite. I know it could be a selling point when I decide to move the Shadow.

This isn't the first time I've had one...got a filthy import shadow a dozen years or so ago on ebay for $1000, played the crap out of it, ended up trading it for a Judge Dredd. It really is a fun game - had to play it in league finals this week so I've been all over it for a week of practice (best score 3.5 billion) and at the same time a trade offer came up on one. Good timing, I'll take it!

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

levi i personally never liked the alternate translite. my friends have it i seen it in person although the art work looks good i don't like it on the game. i am fine with the original translight on my SHADOW. and besides alec doesn't look like that anymore! LOL

He's certainly fattened and aged out of "leading man" into "character actor."

#1220 7 years ago

Yeah, that quote is bass ackwards, in reality there is no shadow without light.

Everyone should read Ben Bova's "The Story of Light." Great stuff.

Baldwin is one of those "love to hate" celebs. He makes it look too easy. "My hair just does this" and the like. The illegal release of the phone recording where he called his daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig" for blowing off multiple phone visitations certainly didn't help. He even contemplated suicide after that fiasco. Also, people are growing tired of being told what to think by celebrities on either end of the political spectrum.

#1221 7 years ago

I might be the first person to keep the original speaker panel for use with the new translite.

That quote is just stupifying.

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's certainly fattened and aged out of "leading man" into "character actor."

Yeah, I liked him in Team America.

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeah, that quote is bass ackwards

Uhm...no!

It's actually stolen from this very famous fellow:
“There is no light without shadow and no psychic wholeness without imperfection. To round itself out, life calls not for perfection but for completeness; and for this the “thorn in the flesh” is needed, the suffering of defects without which there is no progress and no ascent.”
C. G. Jung, CW, Vol. 12, para. 208

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I might be the first person to keep the original speaker panel for use with the new translite.
That quote is just stupifying.

You'd be in a very small club, for sure. If you really don't like the quote just slap some masking tape over it with "BALDWIN RULES!" written on it, it will still look fifty times better than the original speaker panel.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Uhm...no!
It's actually stolen from this very famous fellow:
“There is no light without shadow and no psychic wholeness without imperfection. To round itself out, life calls not for perfection but for completeness; and for this the “thorn in the flesh” is needed, the suffering of defects without which there is no progress and no ascent.”
C. G. Jung, CW, Vol. 12, para. 208

It makes a tiny bit more sense in context, I agree. By itself it's utter nonsense.

He was a nut job, though...

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

It makes a tiny bit more sense in context, I agree. By itself it's utter nonsense.
He was a nut job, though...

The funny thing is that in Germany the exact translation of "there is no light without shadow" is a very common saying, you hear it all the time. So it makes perfect sense to me, even without the literal context.

It's used in a lot of different ways, but mainly if something seems to good to be true.
You would say "what's the catch?" to express the same meaning.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man, if you don't recognize that quote then you need to play your Shadow pinball more!

(Seriously, it's taken directly from a game callout. And it makes perfect sense to me.)

People still ask me about these. I'm out of stock, and last time I did a run I had like a 50% flake rate from my pre-order list, and I was stuck with a stack that I had to sit on and trickle out. Luckily they all sold. It's made me wary of doing any more, I don't really feel like spending a bunch of money to print up a batch so they can gather dust when people don't follow through.

I'm keeping a pre-order list, I should check it and see how many people are on it, just kinda cautious now about the time and work, getting close to done with this one it seems. Market saturation!

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, if you don't recognize that quote then you need to play your Shadow pinball more!
(Seriously, it's taken directly from a game callout. And it makes perfect sense to me.)
People still ask me about these. I'm out of stock, and last time I did a run I had like a 50% flake rate from my pre-order list, and I was stuck with a stack that I had to sit on and trickle out. Luckily they all sold. It's made me wary of doing any more, I don't really feel like spending a bunch of money to print up a batch so they can gather dust when people don't follow through.
I'm keeping a pre-order list, I should check it and see how many people are on it, just kinda cautious now about the time and work, getting close to done with this one it seems. Market saturation!

Aurich - Just make people pre pay if they want one so badly. Given the amount people won't mind and we all know you are not going to screw anyone.

I bought 2 kits off Aurich and they are amazing. Packed like a professional!

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Yours translite design is nicer than the one I made.

is that a knight rider background?

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Aurich - Just make people pre pay if they want one so badly. Given the amount people won't mind and we all know you are not going to screw anyone.

Yeah, that's always a possibility I guess. I never like to work that way, but I'll admit that getting burned again by flakes isn't really motivating. There's always a few dropouts, that's no big deal, but when it's close to half it sucks.

Bottom line: if there are people who really want it still I'm happy to make it happen. That's just why I haven't tried again since the last time. And I took a couple months off Pinside too, that didn't really help I guess. I have a bunch of PMs I need to look at, if I didn't answer them as soon as they came in they kinda got left to rot, so sorry if I seemed to ignore anyone. (Looks up, and it says 19, don't feel like reading them all now, about to close window.)

#1231 7 years ago

I put my name on the pre order list a few weeks ago as requested. Unfortunately it seems like I got my Shadow just after the last batch sold out.
For the record, I'd be perfectly happy to pre pay if that means you can do a small run.
My game came with half of your kit. I have your speaker panel and the original translite and it unfortunately has several scuffs where the light bleeds through.
I totally understand your not wanting to have to sit on stock and not liking to deal with the flakes. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.
Thanks for you doing this in the first place! Cheers!

#1232 7 years ago

Sending you a PM.
I'm in if you do another run.

#1233 7 years ago

Im in. Got on preorder list.

Pleasee run them. Happy to prepay if needed.

#1234 7 years ago

Okay, I'm gonna see what I can do for you folks, definitely don't want to leave people hanging. I'm getting more PMs, I think there's enough legit interest. If you want on my list hit this link:

http://www.aurichlawson.com/shadow/pre-order.html

#1235 7 years ago

I'm also in ... Would love to get on the prepay... Preorder list

#1236 7 years ago

Just looking to buy the speaker panel

#1237 7 years ago

Aurich,

You can take me off the preorder list. I bought your translite and panel from another member.

I love it! Everyone who has seen my game in person loves it.

I lit the translite using Comet Matrix strips to really make the colors pop and get lite where it should be.

Thanks!
Dave

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1238 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Just looking to buy the speaker panel

If I get a full set I will have an extra speaker panel that I could sell you.

#1239 7 years ago

I just emailed everyone on my list about doing a small run. If you're interested and didn't get an email from me then shoot me a PM.

I am going to ask people to pay up front this time, just too many flakes last time, sorry.

#1240 7 years ago

Thanks Aurich!
Just sent payment.
Coincidentally, one of your translites with speaker panel just popped up on Ebay for a $50 premium.

#1241 7 years ago

lol, total coincidence, surely.

I honestly don't mind or care, so either way it's totally cool. I think the record for flipping has to be Helen though, someone said he sold his set for over $300, which like double what I charged. Supply and demand!

2 weeks later
#1242 7 years ago

I sold my shadow. The owner had one of these kits as well and I never got around to installing mine.

If anyone wants one right away I'm happy to sell for what I've got into it.. but being in Canada I did pay a bit more. $205

Buyer pays shipping of course.
PM me if interested

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just emailed everyone on my list about doing a small run. If you're interested and didn't get an email from me then shoot me a PM.
I am going to ask people to pay up front this time, just too many flakes last time, sorry.

I forgot, how much longer till we get these?

#1244 7 years ago

I signed up on the pre-order list. Is that still active or should I just PM you here Aurich?

#1245 7 years ago

I think he said originally that this last run would be done and shipped sometime close to the end of the month.
All I know is that my payment is in and I can't wait to pull my scratched up original translite and get the new one installed.
It's gonna look sweeeeeeeet!!

#1246 7 years ago

Update: Printer has shipped to me, just waiting to receive them. Should go out to everyone by the end of this week I think.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from krankcolc:

I signed up on the pre-order list. Is that still active or should I just PM you here Aurich?

PM me, I don't actively monitor that list or anything, and already used it to place the order.

#1248 7 years ago

Any additional update would be appreciate to the overall group, as I did not just want to ask a singular question.
I have no idea how many people actually "put their money where their mouth is" on this round.
This is one of only few modifications, I have been truly impressed with overall.

#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Any additional update would be appreciate to the overall group, as I did not just want to ask a singular question.
I have no idea how many people actually "put their money where their mouth is" on this round.
This is one of only few modifications, I have been truly impressed with overall.

Got delayed by the holiday weekend, at my in-laws for the night, I'll pack up boxes for shipping tomorrow.

#1250 7 years ago

Just packed all orders, about to drop off at post office, and emailing/PMing waiting list because I do have a few extras.

Thanks for the patience everyone! I think you should be getting tracking #'s from Paypal

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.