download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 10 years ago

I am happy to say I finally have a Shadow pin to go with the translite I've had in the closet the last couple months. I love the machine and it looks great thanks Aurich!

#1052 10 years ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

I am happy to say I finally have a Shadow pin to go with the translite I've had in the closet the last couple months. I love the machine and it looks great thanks Aurich!

Awesome, I know you've been looking for a while.

Hope to have the prints tomorrow, will send out this last batch once they're in hand.

#1053 10 years ago

All Shadow packages shipped today but one, which hasn't been paid for. I've sent a PM to the person who wanted it, if he doesn't take it or reply after a while I've got a short waiting list and I'll go there.

#1054 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All Shadow packages shipped today but one, which hasn't been paid for. I've sent a PM to the person who wanted it, if he doesn't take it or reply after a while I've got a short waiting list and I'll go there.

#1055 10 years ago

Got mine! Still working out the LED's lol. Thanks again Aurich, amazing work!image.jpgimage.jpg

#1056 10 years ago

Wow that tranlite looks nice as soon as I get a Shadow I want one..

#1057 10 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Got mine! Still working out the LED's lol.

My latest trick is to use some flex head ones to light the Shadow text, I was able to angle them so that it lit more evenly.

#1058 10 years ago

Trans arrived today! Now all I need is the rest of the table...

#1059 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My latest trick is to use some flex head ones to light The Shadow text, I was able to angle them so that it lit more evenly.

How many are you using? And any chance you could post pics of placement next time you have the translite off? I'm putting together an LED order for my Shadow and this sounds like an interesting concept!

#1060 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How many are you using? And any chance you could post pics of placement next time you have the translite off? I'm putting together an LED order for my Shadow and this sounds like an interesting concept!

I'll try and take a pic. I want to say 3 or 4. I have the small cluster behind his trenchcoat pulled off, and then the ones near the bottom are all flex, and I've got them angled to try and light the logo as evenly as I can. When I designed it I knew that would be the weak spot, it's tricky to work with the existing light pattern, did the best I could.

I also used flex LED flashers for all the flasher spots, and have them pointed away from The Shadow, so the sky around him illuminates but not him.

1 week later
#1061 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll try and take a pic. I want to say 3 or 4. I have the small cluster behind his trenchcoat pulled off, and then the ones near the bottom are all flex, and I've got them angled to try and light the logo as evenly as I can. When I designed it I knew that would be the weak spot, it's tricky to work with the existing light pattern, did the best I could.
I also used flex LED flashers for all the flasher spots, and have them pointed away from The Shadow, so the sky around him illuminates but not him.

Sorry to harrass you, but if you have a chance to take a pic or two of this, I'd love to copy your lighting layout!

#1062 10 years ago

Sure no worries. See if these help. The flex lights behind the logo have white bulb condoms on them to help spread the light. Ignore the green looking LED, that's a slow color changer, my personal translite has a few differences from the production versions.

image-198.jpgimage-198.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpg

#1063 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure no worries. See if these help. The flex lights behind the logo have white bulb condoms on them to help spread the light. Ignore the green looking LED, that's a slow color changer, my personal translite has a few differences from the production versions.

Thanks, that's very helpful!

#1064 10 years ago

Hey Aurich, now that I have conceded and am sporting a Shadow with your beautiful upgraded translite, would you consider making an alternate left slingshot plastic also?

#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey Aurich, now that I have conceded and am sporting a Shadow with your beautiful upgraded translite, would you consider making an alternate left slingshot plastic also?

Messing with alt plastics is on my list, I haven't found the proper way to do it in small volumes though, not really in a position to do massive screen print orders. I had a printer doing a test print for me, but haven't heard from him in a little while.

#1066 10 years ago

I almost have enough people to do another small run, assuming everyone who's been added to my list since the last one is still interested. Hard to know sometimes, machines sell etc.

If I can do it I will, I'd like to be able to hook the people who are interested up, so a little bump to see if there's anyone else who might want to join them. Just shoot me a PM.

shadow-package.jpgshadow-package.jpg

#1067 10 years ago

Aurich, what's the price? I don't feel like digging through this long ass thread.

#1068 10 years ago

#1069 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Aurich, what's the price? I don't feel like digging through this long ass thread.

It is a long ass thread! All the info is in the first post. Good point in that I should just mention it though.

Cost: $175, shipping included in the US (outside the US add $30, so $205, sorry but turns out this is a little pricey to ship international!) I ship Priority, both in the US and international. Flat package, nothing rolled up.

#1070 10 years ago

Why am i such a broke ass....id have to sell my entire collection to have a nice shadow and then get this as well.....geez.

#1071 10 years ago

Bumping this thread. I finally decided to pull the trigger on this much needed upgrade to Baldwin. Just a few orders away from another run.

#1072 10 years ago
Quoted from andyj5555:

Bumping this thread. I finally decided to pull the trigger on this much needed upgrade to Baldwin. Just a few orders away from another run.

Yeah, super close, if I could just pick up one or two people this weekend I could fake the rest I think.

I like this pic RonB just put up of his game:

220783.jpg220783.jpg

#1073 10 years ago

I think I have enough people to at least get me close enough that I can eat any extras that don't get sold. I'm gonna see if anyone else wants in over the weekend then I'll talk to my printer, see what he thinks about a small run.

I'm always hesitant to say "this is the last one!" but it's increasingly hard to get enough people together, so I'd say any time I'm able to do these now it's totally possible there won't ever be more made.

#1074 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"this is the last one!"

I should get a commission for helping you sell these things.
th-3-868.jpegth-3-868.jpeg

#1075 10 years ago

I've been wanting to do this for a while to give people an idea of where the lights are behind the translight. For the best results, the trick is to use a combination of light types, including the flex types as Aurich has pointed out. Hope it helps someone.

The Shadow Fused.jpgThe Shadow Fused.jpg

The Shadow Back Box.jpgThe Shadow Back Box.jpg

The Shadow Translite.jpgThe Shadow Translite.jpg

#1076 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

I've been wanting to do this for a while to give people an idea of where the lights are behind the translight. For the best results, the trick is to use a combination of light types, including the flex types as Aurich has pointed out. Hope it helps someone.

The Shadow Translite.jpg 150 KB
The Shadow Fused.jpg 133 KB
The Shadow Back Box.jpg 104 KB

great job i like it! i dont understand why anyone cant relocate bulb sockets simple hole drill, mount scoket, rewire or add sockets and overlaping hole can ues flex led's. its just a light board.

#1077 10 years ago

Aurich, awesome work.

I just bought a Shadow in good condition, except the biggest turn-down for me was the backglass. After playing it a bit, the backglass is less annoying than I thought it was, but let's face it, yours is totally badass.

I'm in Europe (Switzerland) so let me count my coins and I'll confirm my interest, but there is a 80% chance that I'm going to take one !!

Just to make sure, this is a complete backglass, right ? printed glass, I don't need to find an "empty" glass. correct ?

Awesome work, man.

So happy that I found this post still this week-end. I would have hated to have missed the last batch !

#1078 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

great job i like it! i dont understand why anyone cant relocate bulb sockets simple hole drill, mount scoket, rewire or add sockets and overlaping hole can ues flex led's. its just a light board.

Stop stealing my ideas

#1079 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Oh sure, anyone could. Heck, I might even at some point, my Shadow isn't going anywhere, if someone doesn't like it then not my problem.

I tried to design around the lights as best I could, honestly if you just relocated a few of the sockets in his overcoat area down to the logo there's not much need to change anything else. I have the text pretty evenly lit with the flex lights though.

#1080 10 years ago
Quoted from salfab:

I'm in Europe (Switzerland) so let me count my coins and I'll confirm my interest, but there is a 80% chance that I'm going to take one !!

Just to make sure, this is a complete backglass, right ? printed glass, I don't need to find an "empty" glass. correct ?

This is a translite, not a backglass, meaning it's printed on a backlight film. Just like the stock one in your game. I include instructions, but you just take off your glass, remove the black clips along the edge, and remove the old translite. Line up the new one on the glass, slip the clips back on, and you're set. Takes a couple minutes, it's easy. Store your old one however you like, there's no need to buy glass.

Just let me know. PM is best to make sure I don't miss it, but I monitor this thread too.

#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Stop stealing my ideas

I will make you sign a form take your money and not tell you where or what I spend it on! LOL sound familiar

#1082 10 years ago

Okay, print run is happening. Anyone one my list is covered, I'll contact you soon.

If you didn't pre-order I am getting a few extras, so please PM if you're interested.

#1083 10 years ago

I'm curious, how many of these have you sold?

#1084 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I'm curious, how many of these have you sold?

I'd have to look it up, spread across a lot of spreadsheets, I think this is the 6th print run. I'd guess about half of Pinside Shadow owners have it now. I'm just happy people are digging one of my favorite games, it's still a bit of a sleeper, but not as much as it used to be. Not that I take all the credit for that or anything, but happy to contribute.

#1085 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

The Shadow Translite.jpg 150 KB

The Shadow Fused.jpg 133 KB

The Shadow Back Box.jpg 104 KB

Hey that is a pretty creative take on it. I like it - very different.

#1086 10 years ago

In theory this run is now sold out. Every slot has a pre-order. But everyone who's on my list doesn't always actually buy one when the times comes, so it's possible I'll have some free ones. I'll update if I get any more openings.

#1087 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not that I take all the credit for that or anything, but happy to contribute.

You've done more than enough.
th-1-643.jpegth-1-643.jpeg

#1088 9 years ago

Next run of the Shadow is nearly ready at the printer. Could ship to me tomorrow, I think next week is more likely, but soon. I'll contact everyone when it's in transit.

#1090 9 years ago

Any chance this will be made up again? Plan on getting a shadow eventually....maybe i should buy now in anticipation? LOL.

#1091 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any chance this will be made up again?

Hard to say. Technically this run is sold out with a waiting list of 4 people. Never know if people will flake out when I ask for money, it's gotten slower to do these runs now that I have to get enough people and usually someone drops out by the time things are ready. Sold their game or whatever.

I basically need 10 people to do a minimum print run, as long as I can get that I'm happy to keep doing them. Every time I think interest has died down people pop up, so I've learned to stop guessing and just roll with how things go. I tried to order extras for this run and they all got claimed before I could even get them from the printer. I just emailed him to check on status, they should ship to me any time now.

#1092 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. Its super nice, I just dont have any plans to get one any time soon, unless some one offers me cash moneys for 2 of my machines.

#1093 9 years ago

Count me in on your next one! Disappointed that I missed this run by a few weeks

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from Sean_R:

Count me in on your next one! Disappointed that I missed this run by a few weeks

Can do, I'm keeping a backup list.

These are printed and at the printer, they ran out of the protective film we put over the translites to keep them pristine during transit and are just waiting for the reup to come in so they can finish my order, that's what's holding it up right now.

Soon as I get word they're shipping to me I'll contact everyone.

#1095 9 years ago

I did a few LED changes on mine since my last pic, it doesn't look like Mr. Shadow has bad gas anymore.

Before:
IMG_0829.JPGIMG_0829.JPG

After:
IMG_0845.JPGIMG_0845.JPG

Thanks Aurich for making this fine alternative translight, it's definitely an improvement!

#1096 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Thanks Aurich for making this fine alternative translight, it's definitely an improvement!

I'm glad people are enjoying it.

#1097 9 years ago

Good news, heard from the printer, they're shipping to me. I'll start contacting everyone soon, want to be sure they're en route to me first.

If you're on my waiting list give me time to see if anyone drops out.

#1098 9 years ago

Aurich, I've talked up your recent work in a short essay, and lifted a couple of images to compliment the words...hope that is okay.

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/10/mods-a-trifecta-of-transposing-translites/

#1099 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Aurich, I've talked up your recent work in a short essay, and lifted a couple of images to compliment the words...hope that is okay.
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/10/mods-a-trifecta-of-transposing-translites/

Totally okay. I'm in a kind of grey area here when it comes to the legal waters, and I know it and shy away from too might limelight, but I appreciate your kind words and thoughts.

#1100 9 years ago

Translites are here. Been really busy with work, behind on sending out the payment requests. I'll get on that.

image-510.jpgimage-510.jpg

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.