download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 10 years ago

You guys can always frame the old translite and put it up on the wall.
th-618.jpegth-618.jpeg

#952 10 years ago

Hi Aurich,

mine arrived today. Really well done ! Thanks a lot for this fantastic job !!

#953 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Told my printer today we're doing another short Shadow run along with the AC/DC stuff, so it's official.

Good stuff

#954 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

Hi Aurich,
mine arrived today. Really well done ! Thanks a lot for this fantastic job !!

Awesome. I don't know why it seems to always take so long to clear German customs, you guys seem like you're always last to get stuff. Glad it made it through!

#955 10 years ago

Been messing with the lighting on mine. I think I might try some flex LEDs to see if I can get some areas perfect , but pretty happy with it.

image-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#956 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome. I don't know why it seems to always take so long to clear German customs,

The Shadow knows: Germany needs money so they check every parcel if they can collect some customs fees
But to be true it took the German customs just one day to clear the parcel

The lightning of your translite looks very good- could you please tell me which LED's you used and how many of each colour ?

#957 10 years ago

Sell me your shadow please.

#958 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

The lightning of your translite looks very good- could you please tell me which LED's you used and how many of each colour ?

Well they're all cool whites, which is what I recommend using to light this. Let's see, I forget the brands now, I used various ones lying around, but as you can see I basically have 3 different brightnesses. The dim ones that don't seem to spread are old Pinball Life Ablazes I think. The ones with more light spread are from Cointaker, the frosted premiums I think. And the bright ones by his face and down by the streetlamp which really make those parts pop are little 3 LED lights, not sure what brand, but anything bright would do the trick.

It looks way better in person than that photo, which isn't bad, but doesn't really do it justice.

#959 10 years ago

That looks soooo cool. Can't wait for your next run to also get one (already on your list).

-Markus

#960 10 years ago
Quoted from zx81:

That looks soooo cool. Can't wait for your next run to also get one (already on your list).
-Markus

For a moment I thought "you are?" but then I saw you sign your name and realized I have you down by your email address. Welcome to Pinside!

Hope to do this final run soon, just waiting on these AC/DC test prints so I can do it all at once. I really do think this might be the last one this time, I was barely able to get enough people together for the minimum print order.

#961 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For a moment I thought "you are?" but then I saw you sign your name and realized I have you down by your email address. Welcome to Pinside!
Hope to do this final run soon, just waiting on these AC/DC test prints so I can do it all at once. I really do think this might be the last one this time, I was barely able to get enough people together for the minimum print order.

Glad I finally spoke up then! Cant wait for these to show up on my doorstep.

#962 10 years ago

Picked your Package from the Customs and could install it today finally.

GREAT Work Aurich. THX!
I am very happy with and in Real Life it looks much much better as on the Pictures
Only the Scorecards have been damage through the travel.
Can you send me pls the File?

1.jpg1.jpg

CIMG2379.jpgCIMG2379.jpg
#963 10 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Picked your Package from the Customs and could install it today finally.
GREAT Work Aurich. THX!
I am very happy with and in Real Life it looks much much better as on the Pictures
Only the Scorecards have been damage through the travel.
Can you send me pls the File?

Awesome, the green DMD looks great with it.

Sorry about the score cards, luckily that's easy to fix, I'll upload something.

#966 10 years ago

Thank you for the information, Aurich!
I thought at least four of the LED's are purple. So I'll buy some white ones and see how it works

#967 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

Thank you for the information, Aurich!
I thought at least four of the LED's are purple. So I'll buy some white ones and see how it works

Yeah, no, the purple ones are the triple bright ones, they just look purple on camera. They're super bright cold white in person. In the right spots they're great, but they hot spot for general area lighting, better if they're behind something specific you want brighter.

#968 10 years ago

man that backbox looks bright. Even in the pics you have a ton of backbox glare. You only need 7 bulbs in the entire backbox. Light up fine that way and cuts your glare visuals down by 86%.

#969 10 years ago

Just put down my deposit on TS. Going on an overnight road trip to pick it up in Ohio with my father and son. The anticipation is killing me! Can't wait to get that package from you. Glad to here it's a go.

#970 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

man that backbox looks bright. Even in the pics you have a ton of backbox glare. You only need 7 bulbs in the entire backbox. Light up fine that way and cuts your glare visuals down by 86%.

I like my backboxes bright, I don't have glare phobia like you do.

#971 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just put down my deposit on TS. Going on an overnight road trip to pick it up in Ohio with my father and son. The anticipation is killing me! Can't wait to get that package from you. Glad to here it's a go.

Awesome. As soon as I get the AC/DC greenlight I'm getting Shadow done, so just waiting on this last test print. Was hoping to do it this week, we'll see if we pull it off that fast, only got final files done yesterday after some back and forth complications.

#972 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What if he wanted 8 bulbs or 6? Is 7 the magic number?

#973 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What if he wanted 8 bulbs or 6? Is 7 the magic number?

7 is the magic number. Sometimes 6 depending on the game. but every single game I had or have that has bulb socket backboxes, never has more than 7 bulbs at any given time. Backboxes are lite up and no problems seeing them lit up even with lights on in the room, but backglass glare is cut down to the point, where you have practically no glare. Some games have so much glare, they are unplayable from the backbox. JP being one of them. Do the limit bulb method, and it's almost like your playing with no glass on.

Less bulbs works 400% better than invisiglass or PDI glass. Plus it puts money in your pocket, because you use 20-30 less bulbs than you would normally.

#974 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

7 is the magic number. Sometimes 6 depending on the game. but every single game I had or have that has bulb socket backboxes, never has more than 7 bulbs at any given time. Backboxes are lite up and no problems seeing them lit up even with lights on in the room, but backglass glare is cut down to the point, where you have practically no glare. Some games have so much glare, they are unplayable from the backbox. JP being one of them. Do the limit bulb method, and it's almost like your playing with no glass on.
Less bulbs works 400% better than invisiglass or PDI glass. Plus it puts money in your pocket, because you use 20-30 less bulbs than you would normally.

It's like going to school every time I come on Pinside. I'm going to give it a try.

#975 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Can you still put flasher bulbs back there or is that to distracting as well?

#976 10 years ago

Put me in line for the translite set.

#977 10 years ago

damn how did i miss this thread. awesome art package.

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Put me in line for the translite set.

Can do. I hope to put in the order next week, we'll see.

#979 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

damn how did i miss this thread. awesome art package.

We're on page 20 now, you gotta pay attention. Thanks!

#980 10 years ago

This translite is really what The Shadow needed. The original is so god damn lame. I could totally see myself getting one of these machines now. Fantasic job and idea~

#981 10 years ago

Hell,I'm buying the translite and I dont even own the machine.

But now I have a reason to

#982 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hehehe

image-400.jpgimage-400.jpg image-180.jpgimage-180.jpg
#983 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Hehehe

image-400.jpg 244 KB

image-180.jpg 221 KB

You must play with the glass off most of the time, because that is the only way your seeing the playfield. With some of those scores you have, I think you do anyway.

#984 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

With some of those scores you have, I think you do anyway.

A score that even? Probably the buy-in scores scrolling by. I wish I could turn them off, I hate the feature. If I ever make new decals for my cab I'm sealing over the buy-in hole.

#985 10 years ago

I agree. I turn off buy ins on all my games that have them.

#986 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I ever make new decals for my cab

If you do so I'll buy a set
Unfortunately there're no cabinet decals for the Shadow available

#987 10 years ago
Quoted from CK1972:

If you do so I'll buy a set
Unfortunately there're no cabinet decals for The Shadow available

I've got to re-decal my Elvira, be my first time trying full cab decals. If I don't hate it I'll think about it. I dunno how many people would do the work of a full cab re-decal though.

#988 10 years ago

Looking close to putting in the Shadow order. One bit of good news, and everyone who's already gotten theirs will know what I mean, the protective film over the translite is now way easier to peel off. That was pretty much the only complaint I ever got about these, it was pretty damn tough, so really happy that's been addressed for all my projects moving forward. It's one of the reasons AC/DC got slightly delayed, but totally worth it.

Sorry to everyone who had to struggle with that stuff!

#989 10 years ago

I'm so excited to get this! You've pushed me to start thinking about chroming this baby out and give it the attention it deserves

#990 10 years ago

left the film on my last one, can't see the difference, looks good to me

#991 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

left the film on my last one, can't see the difference, looks good to me

I've never tried it behind glass and lit up, but the film definitely dulls things just sitting there out in the light. If you're happy though no worries. Sorry that stuff was such a pain to remove, I'm super stoked we found a better solution.

#992 10 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I'm so excited to get this! You've pushed me to start thinking about chroming this baby out and give it the attention it deserves

I have my shooter chromed, it looks really nice. I'm waiting for someone to do a Shadow with black legs, and brass plated lockdown and rails, along with re-brass plating the habitrails. Either chrome or black nickel shooter. That would look bad ass IMHO!

#993 10 years ago

Sign me up for the package.

#994 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Sign me up for the package.

Can do, you slipped in right at the last minute.

#995 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looking close to putting in The Shadow order. One bit of good news, and everyone who's already gotten theirs will know what I mean, the protective film over the translite is now way easier to peel off. That was pretty much the only complaint I ever got about these, it was pretty damn tough, so really happy that's been addressed for all my projects moving forward. It's one of the reasons AC/DC got slightly delayed, but totally worth it.
Sorry to everyone who had to struggle with that stuff!

Yeah when I think back about it my hands start to hurt That was something all right... lol

#996 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've got to re-decal my Elvira, be my first time trying full cab decals. If I don't hate it I'll think about it. I dunno how many people would do the work of a full cab re-decal though.

anxious to see a custom shadow decal set

#997 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

anxious to see a custom Shadow decal set

Heh, well you never know, it might happen some day.

#998 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have my shooter chromed, it looks really nice. I'm waiting for someone to do a Shadow with black legs, and brass plated lockdown and rails, along with re-brass plating the habitrails. Either chrome or black nickel shooter. That would look bad ass IMHO!

See my pic from a few pages back - brass powder (not quite the same, but should give you an idea)

#999 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

See my pic from a few pages back - brass powder (not quite the same, but should give you an idea)

Oh I totally missed that it was brass colored. Thanks.

#1000 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh I totally missed that it was brass colored. Thanks.

Yeah - it's difficult to photograph well

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.