Topic Stats

• 1,359 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
kleenex_1.jpg
alt The Shadow.jpg
alt The Shadow 1.jpg
image.jpg
realalternatetranslite.jpg
Shadow (2).JPG
Shadow (1).JPG

There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Got it, thanks. I'll probably do the same and would love some jade grips. Now where to get those?

That would be very cool, but I have no idea who you'd talk to about custom making something out of jade.

#902 5 years ago

Just went to the post office. All US orders who paid in time are shipped. I'm working on International today, they take a lot more time to do and I was up too late packing the domestics to feel like I could do them without messing something up.

I have a couple late people and one who hasn't paid yet, I'll take care of you too. Hope to have everyone shipped by tomorrow at the latest.

Which is good, because although it seems that this Shadow project might have slowed to the end, or at least close to it, I just made myself busy again apparently. The AC/DC project I teased is live. I wouldn't have done it if not for all the great support from all you guys, so thanks! Here it is if you missed it, a bit of a departure from the grim Shadow:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

translite.jpg

#903 5 years ago

Forgot to update this yesterday, all international orders went to the post office, along with the last US ones that paid too late to make the first run.

I have to look, but I think I ended up with 5 extras. I think this may be the end, may not do another run. Just don't think there's enough interest left. We'll see, but I'm fine with that, it did better than I could have ever expected, thank you everyone.

If anyone is on the fence I'd be happy to not sit on these 5 sets, so PM me if you want one.

#904 5 years ago

Translite and speaker panel look amazing. Adds a whole new dimension and character to the game.

Is it weird that I want to proactively purchase this with the intention of acquiring a Shadow at some point in the distant future?

#905 5 years ago

Just got mine thanks Aurich. and damn you!! now I need to go buy an ac dc.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from supercombo:

Translite and speaker panel look amazing. Adds a whole new dimension and character to the game.
Is it weird that I want to proactively purchase this with the intention of acquiring a Shadow at some point in the distant future?

You wouldn't be the first actually. In fact I think someone did just that, but then the Shadow they found already had my art.

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Just got mine thanks Aurich. and damn you!! now I need to go buy an ac dc.

I should get a commission from Stern!

Glad you got your package thanks for letting me know.

#908 5 years ago

Look what I got in the mail today .
Looks badass! Thanks again.

image.jpg
#909 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Look what I got in the mail today .
Looks badass! Thanks again.

Sweet, thanks for the pic.

#910 5 years ago

Ok I don't even own one but I have to say this artwork is awesome. Aurich you nailed it perfect with the main dude front and center overwhelming everything with his two eyes blazing in on you.With all the buildings and everything in the background the whole feel of it is absolutely beautiful and true to the original feel of the character and the comic books.This is a great piece of artwork so credit where credit is due...Superb work...

#911 5 years ago

I don't own one either but when I heard they were almost gone I went ahead and placed the order since I plan to have a Shadow someday. Aurich, what is the next machine on the list?

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from jukehero1:

Ok I don't even own one but I have to say this artwork is awesome.

Thanks a lot. Definitely took inspiration from the Shadow comic books, big help in drawing the character to reference them.

Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

Aurich, what is the next machine on the list?

No idea! I didn't really set out to be the Pinside Translite Guy, but I'm enjoying the design challenges, they're different from my day job design work, it's a good outlet. So I'm sure I'll keep doing them, makes me happy, makes other people happy, and the money from selling them all goes back into pinball, so it's pretty much win for everyone.

I might have just sold one of the last two Shadows, leaving me with one. If 10 people want one I can do another run otherwise it's done. Until then I'm see what's going on with AC/DC, working on getting these decals finished, that's something I haven't done before.

#913 5 years ago

Just got mine today, looks really good!

It'll be a little while yet before I install it as I'm STILL working on mine. I'll post pics when done.

#914 5 years ago

I'm sold out. If there's 10 people who want this I can do more. Otherwise that's it for now. Thanks everyone!

Please still post your install pics here !

#915 5 years ago

Aurich

Great job man! Totally pro. I got mine today. Packed well, everything. Awesome! Super Job.

AND for the first time ever I actually removed LED's from the back box. Right behind the shadows coat where its black, they looked weird, like spots on the jacket. Looks killer darks coat, etc.

Anyway if Bally did what Aurich did Shadow would be right behind MM, AFM.

Thanks for doing this. These things keep the hobby awesome.

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Aurich
Great job man! Totally pro. I got mine today. Packed well, everything. Awesome! Super Job.
AND for the first time ever I actually removed LED's from the back box. Right behind the shadows coat where its black, they looked weird, like spots on the jacket. Looks killer darks coat, etc.
Anyway if Bally did what Aurich did Shadow would be right behind MM, AFM.
Thanks for doing this. These things keep the hobby awesome.

Thanks! I have to say, the AC/DC thing was kinda fun, and if I successfully take the ugly face off the playfield that seems like a victory of sorts, but it was just something to mess with, it didn't feel important like getting the Shadow done.

#917 5 years ago

I received mine in the mail today. I opened the package and everything looks great! Unfortunately, I am still waiting for Shadow to return from this weekend's Jax Arcade Expo so it will have to wait a few days before I put in on. Great job Aurich!!!!

#918 5 years ago

Looks like the US deliveries are all done, now I get to bite my nails for a bit waiting to see if the overseas stuff all made it!

#919 5 years ago

Hey Aurich,
what was the ratio of TL sales US compared to OS

#920 5 years ago

Well if that isn't some dandy news.
104455216_custom-fb9bcf2364c00217e1bde2555e74754dcf26e6dc-s6-c30.jpg

#921 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hey Aurich,
what was the ratio of TL sales US compared to OS

I'd have to go through my spreadsheets, but just back of the envelope I'd guess 20% were international. That includes Canada.

#922 5 years ago

Looks like I am starting a 4th run list, but I need 10 people. Hard to say how that will go, but I'll do my best.

#923 5 years ago

Good Effort, well done

#924 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks like I am starting a 4th run

Do what you have to do.
th-2-273.jpeg

#925 5 years ago

I've got 3. I can probably fake it if I can at least get close to 10, see how it goes.

#926 5 years ago

Please share with friend's with Shadows or that will get one someday.

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Please share with friend's with Shadows or that will get one someday.

If you need my email address to give to anyone not on Pinside (I've had that happen a few times already) just PM me.

#928 5 years ago

Received my package yesterday...these look awesome!!
Dan

#929 5 years ago

Arrived yesterday -

sorry_baldwin.JPG

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Arrived yesterday

Awesome. Getting some more Bay Area saturation now (I'm from SF).

#931 5 years ago

Put me down for. Set

#932 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Put me down for. Set

Hmm, that makes 6, this might happen after all.

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Arrived yesterday -

sorry_baldwin.JPG 362 KB

Is that a subwoofer under there? How do you do that?

#934 5 years ago

Arrived today, thank you Aurich! Now I just need to find a nice Shadow to put it in!

#935 5 years ago

Bad news, mine was damaged in transit. It looks like it was droped on its edge onto some thing round about 2 inches in diameter. It broke the plastic panel and wrinkled the edge of the translight. Here is a pic of the panel.
I tried to get a pic of the translight but could not see the damage in the pic. Even damaged it is still better looking then Alex ever was.003-154.JPG

#936 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Bad news, mine was damaged in transit. It looks like it was droped on its edge onto some thing round about 2 inches in diameter. It broke the plastic panel and wrinkled the edge of the translight.

Bummer, mine was damaged too. Only the panel, fortunately. Just got a message from Aurich-- will be resolved.
image-633.jpg

#937 5 years ago

Yea I wonder if the extra cold weather might of had something to do with this?

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Bummer, mine was damaged too. Only the panel, fortunately. Just got a message from Aurich-- will be resolved.

Ouch that looks worse than expected.

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Bad news, mine was damaged in transit. It looks like it was droped on its edge onto some thing round about 2 inches in diameter. It broke the plastic panel and wrinkled the edge of the translight. Here is a pic of the panel.
I tried to get a pic of the translight but could not see the damage in the pic. Even damaged it is still better looking then Alex ever was.

Is the translite okay once installed? I don't have extras. I do however have extra speaker panels, so that I can fix.

You can PM me if you want to talk.

#940 5 years ago

Mint, like it just came down the road

mint.jpg

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Mint, like it just came down the road

Excellent. Honestly sending stuff to Australia is always the fastest and easiest of the overseas stuff I've learned.

#942 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Excellent. Honestly sending stuff to Australia is always the fastest and easiest of the overseas stuff I've learned.

51st state

#943 5 years ago

Heh. I learned the secret from a fellow Pinsider who's in shipping, it's because there's a direct flight from LAX to Australia the stuff goes on, all the other packages hub hop for a bit before making Europe etc.

#944 5 years ago

Thanks Aurich !arrived today in good condition! la France te remercie a bientot bon flipp!

#945 5 years ago
Quoted from kojiro07:

Thanks Aurich !arrived today in good condition! la France te remercie a bientot bon flipp!

Excellent. So far the only damage has been to domestic US shipments. The overseas ones make me nervous, they go so far.

#946 5 years ago

let me know when you start another run please!!!

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

let me know when you start another run please!!!

Are you on my list? Away from home so I can't check. I'm just waiting for a couple more people so if you're not we're that much closer.

Edit: You're not, I'll PM you, but I think we're good to go now, you plus one more I just got is 9, and I'll just get the extra one on faith I can do something with it since I need 10 to order.

#948 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll just get the extra one on faith I can do something with it since I need 10 to order.

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!

#949 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in!

Seriously.

#950 5 years ago

Told my printer today we're doing another short Shadow run along with the AC/DC stuff, so it's official.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside