download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.
#851 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought just the tl because it was so cool and I have been watching the thread and was just wondering how many packages have you sold. If that's a no-no question just say "a lot".

It's not that I mind sharing, just maybe better to not post numbers publicly. Probably over cautious, but a lot more than I ever expected to that's for sure. I thought it would be 10.

#852 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I hate LED's in a Backbox. Just to hotspotty. I like that nice even distribution of light.

I haven't tried LEDs with your "so few" method, but I don't have any issues with mine notspotting now. The cool white just pops the colors so much more true, I don't like the yellowed artwork.

#853 10 years ago

I will have to check back in a few weeks.
As you know I am a new member to the Shadow club or will be.

I will have to see how the game looks in my lineup. But your translite is one of my favorite 2 ever made for this title.
If I do go with anything other than original I will pm you.

#854 10 years ago

I don't mind you uploading the cards. Go for it!

#855 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I will have to check back in a few weeks.
As you know I am a new member to the Shadow club or will be.
I will have to see how the game looks in my lineup. But your translite is one of my favorite 2 ever made for this title.
If I do go with anything other than original I will pm you.

Sure thing. Only thing I'm gonna say is that I have a limited number left, and I don't know how long they'll last. I can never tell, every time I think surely it must be done I'll get 3 people PMing me about it. Once they're gone my only option will be to do a 4th run, and that's gonna require a minimum number of people to do. At some point it's gonna get harder to get that group.

I just don't want you to decide you really want it too late is all.

#856 10 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

I don't mind you uploading the cards. Go for it!

So far people seem cool with it, I'll wait a bit for any more opinions, don't want to make anyone unhappy.

#857 10 years ago

I have no problem with you sharing the cards.

Now once you start giving away free translites; we will know that the well has run dry (and every Shadow will have seen the last of Baldwin).

Cheers Aurich.

ps: I think your new translite is the cause of this "Polar Vortex" descending upon the South. The Shadow is rising and bringing cold and darkness to the land. The Sun is shining but the ice is slippery!

#858 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Now once you start giving away free translites; we will know that the well has run dry

Heh. Of course as I discovered the real challenge is getting them printed right once you have the art!

#859 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So here's my question, would the people who are buyers be annoyed if I uploaded the files to give away for free? I guess I could alter them somehow so they were different, I just wonder if it matters.
Weigh in if you don't mind!

The hobby has become entirely too monetized across the board, and as such, I'll always support any kind of sharing with the community.

Upload them bastards, I say!

#860 10 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

The hobby has become entirely too monetized across the board, and as such, I'll always support any kind of sharing with the community.

I agree, if it's cool to agree in a thread where I'm selling something.

I did new cards for my Scared Stiff and shared those, I have some nice Jurassic Park ones that I just need to fix the size on (don't have a JP and didn't realize the DE cards were a different size than the Williams ones!) and I'll upload those too. I should start a thread for that actually. Made them for a friend and he told me they were the wrong size but he never got around to measuring for me.

Edit: Done! http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-custom-jurassic-park-instruction-cards

#861 10 years ago

Are you going to pm people on the list when it comes time to pay up?

#862 10 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Are you going to pm people on the list when it comes time to pay up?

Yes sir, I'm just waiting to make sure the print order is really going first, I don't want to sit on people's money longer than I have to. The way I try and time it while the order is finishing and shipping to me I'm asking for payment. Generally I need that whole time to get everyone's, not everybody is super fast to respond. Then when the package gets to me I break it down and ship to everyone who's paid.

The order is in, I'm talking to the printer, I'm just not sure it's actually started yet. I'll see if I can get an estimate.

#863 10 years ago

I can't wait !

#864 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I can't wait !

Same here

#865 10 years ago

I saw this translite recently at a local pin party "lit up" in all its glory and WOW does it blow doors off of the old artwork!!

Bravo to aurich for a job well done. Lookin forward to updates on the acdc translite

#866 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I can't wait !

Heh, I'm ready to get this out to you guys too. We're just a little behind schedule, mostly because of the freakish weather everyone in the country has been feeling except us. My printer's shop (and whole city apparently) was shut down for 2 days because of a blizzard, which in CA is like saying that you had to close the office because a herd of bigfoot were camping on the roof. Equally crazy sounding!

Anyways, they're trying to get everything back on track, and as soon as he can give me an estimate for being done I'll will pass it along. And at that point I'll send out the PM with payment instructions too. I appreciate that people keep asking me if they can give me money, but I don't want to ask for it until I know we're close.

I need to order more shipping boxes and stock up on tape, I go through rolls of the stuff now.

#867 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I saw this translite recently at a local pin party "lit up" in all its glory and WOW does it blow doors off of the old artwork!!
Bravo to aurich for a job well done. Lookin forward to updates on the acdc translite

Thanks! I know I saw you at Robert's, but not sure if we actually formally met or not.

I probably shouldn't have teased AC/DC, it's just hard to not want to put it up to see what people think. Plus there's a story behind it and Stern's Luci, and it's kinda killing me. I'm still tweaking some minor details though, and waiting for the test print, so trying to to be patient. If you were to PM me your email address I might send you a sneak peek though. Because being patient sucks!

#868 10 years ago

Printing update: The prints are in progress now, the run has started, they're just working on reprints for ones that didn't meet the quality standard. Should ship to me by the end of the week. I'm going to PM everyone shortly with the payment instructions.

We'll see if anyone drops out when I PM, but I do have two slots left that haven't been claimed since I upped the print run number at the last minute. So if anyone is on the fence shoot me a PM.

Got a photo of the AC/DC test print, excited to light it up in person. Working on a non-translite thing too that goes with it, but too early to say if it's gonna work out or not.

#869 10 years ago

Just sent all the PMs with instructions. Ping me if you have questions. Thanks!

#870 10 years ago

Thank you everyone who's already sent in payments. Looks like I'm having a slightly higher cancelation rate this run than usual (one person had a great excuse, he just picked up a Shadow and my translite was already on it) so I'm definitely going to have some extras for anyone who comes in late.

Better that than having to turn people away, so don't worry about it.

#871 10 years ago

Ooops! Wrong thread.
68229-240x240.jpg68229-240x240.jpg

#872 10 years ago

Did a little trading with Mike Chestnut, art for chrome, ooh shiny!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#873 10 years ago

Just heard from the printer, order should be shipping to me tomorrow. Will update when I have a tracking # and a date.

I've probably received around 75% of the payments so far. If you want me to ship yours out when I get the order and break it down get your payments in, I'll try and turn it around as fast as I can.

#874 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno who's even still reading this long ass thread of mine.

Me for one!

Quoted from Aurich:

So here's my question, would the people who are buyers be annoyed if I uploaded the files to give away for free? I guess I could alter them somehow so they were different, I just wonder if it matters.
Weigh in if you don't mind!

No problem at all. Personally I think you need all the pieces but the cards might be useful for someone on their own. Plus we can keep the file in case we ever damage the cards ourselves.

#875 10 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Plus we can keep the file in case we ever damage the cards ourselves.

Hadn't thought of that, good point.

Sounds like no one objects, so I'll try and get to that.

#876 10 years ago

Shipping update: Got a tracking number, I'll have the prints next Wed.

Waiting to hear from 7 people still about payments, if we've talked already about paying later you're good.

Anyone who's paid up by then will get their package shipped by end of next week.

#877 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Waiting to hear from 7 people still about payments, if we've talked already about paying later you're good.
Anyone who's paid up by then will get their package shipped by end of next week.

Great, THX!!!

#878 10 years ago

So one PM'd to ask if I still have extras. I do have a few even if everyone left pays up.

#879 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

nice thx!

#880 10 years ago

Putting together boxes, I'll be ready to ship them out on Thursday after they arrive on Wed.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#882 10 years ago

I've gotta say, the play count on my Shadow on location at Young Loud and Snotty record shop
in the area has gone up since installing this art package upgrade.

#883 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I've gotta say, the play count on my Shadow on location at Young Loud and Snotty record shop
in the area has gone up since installing this art package upgrade.

So awesome, I love it.

#884 10 years ago

Saw this translite in person and it's awesome! I played so much Shadow this weekend at INDISC and we had to take off the sign on it so we could see the full translite - awesome work Aurich!

pinball2014_0159f.jpgpinball2014_0159f.jpg

#885 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did a little trading with Mike Chestnut.

Sweet. It looks quite dark, which I like. I've read somewhere else on here about nickel as well - is that the dark one perhaps.

#886 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Saw this translite in person and it's awesome! I played so much Shadow this weekend at INDISC and we had to take off the sign on it so we could see the full translite - awesome work Aurich!

Nice, I made the Orange photo roll.

Sorry I couldn't make it out to INDISC to meet up, hope it was fun. Football superseded watching the A finals, I only caught the round before on PAPA TV.

#887 10 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Sweet. It looks quite dark, which I like. I've read somewhere else on here about nickel as well - is that the dark one perhaps.

You're thinking of the black nickel. No, mine is straight up chrome, mirror finish, and bright, but it's so shiny it picks up all the dark reflections around it, like the cabinet itself.

#888 10 years ago

I've heard from everyone on my list but one. Where you at waynetrane?!

Looks like I have 4 left over after people dropping out. I'll just hold onto them for the moment in case I get last minute orders or there's a problem than needs an extra.

Thanks everyone.

#889 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I do have a few even if everyone left pays up.

th-800.jpegth-800.jpeg

#890 10 years ago

Love the new avatar o-din. "I'm glad you changed your last name you son of a bitch."

#891 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love the new Avatar o-din. "I'm glad you changed your last name you son of a bitch."

How could any young teen from the 70's not have seen this movie at least a dozen times? It was the second feature for The Song Remains the Same, but to see this on the big screen with it's incredible animation just blew me away. Of course it took about 5 watchings before I really knew what it was about.
wizards-3.jpgwizards-3.jpg

#892 10 years ago

what the hell movie is that from? Looks like my wife in cartoon version.

Found it. Can't believe I've never seen this before.

#893 10 years ago

Wizards

#894 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what the hell movie is that from? Looks like my wife in cartoon version.

Wizards: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076929/

#895 10 years ago

Ralph Bakshi's follow up to Wizards was The Lord of the Rings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Bakshi

#896 10 years ago

I have the prints.

I'll start packing them up and printing shipping labels tonight. Plan is to take them to the post office in the morning. If I can't finish them all tonight then I will tomorrow.

#897 10 years ago

I think I'll get stoned, watch Wizards, and then go take what's left of my money and buy Nimblepins Shadow that already has the new and improved translite. That or I may end up at Chris and Pitts.

#898 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I'll get stoned, watch Wizards, and then go take what's left of my money and buy Nimblepins Shadow that already has the new and improved translite. That or I may end up at Chris and Pitts.

I'm down with the first two parts of your plan, and I don't want Nimblepin's Shadow but I really need to get over there to check out his WOZ still.

#899 10 years ago

No Chris and Pitts? Yummy!
th-1-897.jpegth-1-897.jpeg

#900 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're thinking of the black nickel. No, mine is straight up chrome, mirror finish, and bright, but it's so shiny it picks up all the dark reflections around it, like the cabinet itself.

Got it, thanks. I'll probably do the same and would love some jade grips. Now where to get those?

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.