Topic Stats

• 1,359 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
kleenex_1.jpg
alt The Shadow.jpg
alt The Shadow 1.jpg
image.jpg
realalternatetranslite.jpg
Shadow (2).JPG
Shadow (1).JPG

There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 6 years ago

I was in and it has arrived safely

Many thanks again to Aurich

Shadow.jpg

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

I was in and it has arrived safely
Many thanks again to Aurich

Awesome. Time to redo those backbox LEDs!

#803 6 years ago

Yes, the green is not working for me!

#804 6 years ago

Just heard from my awesome printer, he's back from vacation and said he can start the 3rd run later this week.

So, last call, if you want to get in on this one speak up.

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just heard from my awesome printer, he's back from vacation and said he can start the 3rd run later this week.

I give up! You win!
th-498.jpeg

#806 6 years ago

just confirming I am on the list.

#807 6 years ago

Aurich,
I already have an alternate translite,(not as spiffy as yours,BTW) that I'm kinda stuck with. What I'd really like to get rid of is the Fugly OEM speaker panel. Would you consider selling the speaker panel separately?
Thanks!

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Aurich,
I already have an alternate translite,(not as spiffy as yours,BTW) that I'm kinda stuck with. What I'd really like to get rid of is the Fugly OEM speaker panel. Would you consider selling the speaker panel separately?
Thanks!

I have a handful of extra speaker panels that I can sell separately for $50 shipped if anyone wants one. There was some initial interest in that idea in the beginning, but it never went anywhere, so I've just been sitting on them. Came in handy when someone scratched their new one though!

Just PM me if you're interested.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

just confirming I am on the list.

Yes sir, you are #26 on the list! Anyone who's contacted me is good to go, first thing I do when I get your message is copy your username to my Excel file. I'll use it to PM everyone with the payment details when the order has been put in.

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give up! You win!

o-din sorry you couldn't make Robert's party so we could meet properly. Maybe next time.

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So, last call, if you want to get in on this one speak up.

Great News!!!
Only a few Days and my Dream to own the best translite/speaker Combo comes true

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Great News!!!
Only a few Days and my Dream to own the best translite/speaker Combo comes true

Well more like a few weeks, but thanks!

I'm going to leave the list open until tomorrow, and then I'm locking it and giving the printer the numbers. I'll get a couple extra just in case, and usually a couple people drop out, so even if you're late you can always PM me to see if there's one left.

#813 6 years ago

Had a tinker with some white, blue and green LEDs...

photo (6).JPG

#814 6 years ago

Much better. I'm honestly not really a fan of colored LEDs in backboxes myself, would rather stick with cool white in most cases, but if you dig the look then enjoy!

#815 6 years ago

By the way, I was at a Pinside party the other day (thanks Robert) and the comment I got over and over was how much better it looks in person from people who had only seen photos. Just really freaking hard to photograph in any way that looks remotely close to real life. That probably holds true for the color LEDs up above too.

#816 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

sorry you couldn't make Robert's party so we could meet properly.

But we already have........
th-1-959.jpeg

#817 6 years ago

Okay, I've sent the printer the order details, we're getting this run started. Once it's in production and I have some rough estimate for timing I'll send everyone a PM with the payment info. Thanks everyone!

I'm slipping in a test print for a little side project I've been playing with too, see how that goes. Totally unrelated to the Shadow though.

#818 6 years ago

Getaway HS2? (wishful thinking)

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm slipping in a test print for a little side project I've been playing with too, see how that goes. Totally unrelated to the Shadow though.

Please let it be DemoMan.

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I've sent the printer the order details, we're getting this run started. Once it's in production and I have some rough estimate for timing I'll send everyone a PM with the payment info. Thanks everyone!

Nice news!!!

#821 6 years ago

Abomination.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Please let it be DemoMan.

lol now I feel bad for teasing, it's not DM. I'll fess up so no one else gets hopeful, because it's not something anyone's going to guess. Somehow I got sucked into an AC/DC project a bit ago. Not a game I even own, but I was having fun with it. All I'm going to say now is that I was pretty annoyed when Stern released their Luci version, was crappy timing for me.

#823 6 years ago

Is it to late to get in on a translite and speaker panel . I just got in a shadow . Please let me know if you have one more .

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Is it to late to get in on a translite and speaker panel . I just got in a shadow . Please let me know if you have one more .

Man, you guys are killing me, you're the third person to ask me tonight! Every time I think it's slowed down ...

Good news is I do have a few extras to cover this. And usually a couple people end up dropping out when I ask for payments, so I can always put people on "standby" too if need be to see if one frees up. Just PM me. But you're in my buffer, no need for that. So you're good, I've got you on the list.

Thanks!

#825 6 years ago

You rock ! Thanks a bunch . I love the look of your translite .

#826 6 years ago

Yeah if it wasn't for Aurich's efforts I probably wouldn't even still have my Shadow. I was tired of it kicking my ass, painfully hip-checking me with the gun when I walked by, etc... He'll tell you I initially waffled about buying his kit when he first finished it.
But I did and it inspired me to finish up the lighting on it... I think the translight really works well with the PF.
ShadowBackglass.JPGShadowPF2.JPG

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah if it wasn't for Aurich's efforts I probably wouldn't even still have my Shadow. I was tired of it kicking my ass, painfully hip-checking me with the gun when I walked by, etc... He'll tell you I initially waffled about buying his kit when he first finished it.
But I did and it inspired me to finish up the lighting on it... I think the translight really works well with the PF.

Wow, looking really sweet, nice job with the lighting. Really nice tonal matching between PF and translite, agreed!

#828 6 years ago

What did you use for led on the pf?

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

What did you use for led on the pf?

It's pretty straightforward: Blue led strip at the back of the cab for the rear PF, small 2-seg purple strip up behind the flippers (that turns the yellow dragon down there red... interestingly), a 2-segment blue strip hidden behind the left ramp and 3 spotlights added to the PF with purple led's.

You can go with double spotlights in each of the 3 locations to make the lighting more even but I didn't want the game to be *too* bright... it's the Shadow after all

I tried different color combinations with all the strips but this seemed to go with the theme decently.

The GI bulbs are all from PinballBulbs.com and are a mix of blue,purple and white. The insert bulbs came from the same source. Good stuff as you can simply pop off the frosted dome to get a more intense "super" led if needed.
Makes ordering easy.

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, looking really sweet, nice job with the lighting. Really nice tonal matching between PF and translite, agreed!

Yeah the translite inspiration leaked down onto the PF for sure... I like the matching myself

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah the translite inspiration leaked down onto the PF for sure... I like the matching myself

Looks really good! Pretty much how I want mine to look when I'm done with it and have Aurich's trans installed. Hope you don't mind, but I used pic #2 as my desktop screensaver, so I can easily reference the look I want.

#832 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Looks really good! Pretty much how I want mine to look when I'm done with it and have Aurich's trans installed. Hope you don't mind, but I used pic #2 as my desktop screensaver, so I can easily reference the look I want.

mind? ...don't make me blush

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

mind? ...don't make me blush

HA!

Quick question; What did you use for backbox lighting? I just got in a bunch of frosted single led's and hope these will do the trick. Any colored ones in yours?

Thanks,
Ron

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

HA!
Quick question; What did you use for backbox lighting? I just got in a bunch of frosted single led's and hope these will do the trick. Any colored ones in yours?
Thanks,
Ron

FWIW I think the backbox looks best with pure cool white LEDs.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's pretty straightforward: Blue led strip at the back of the cab for the rear PF, small 2-seg purple strip up behind the flippers (that turns the yellow dragon down there red... interestingly), a 2-segment blue strip hidden behind the left ramp and 3 spotlights added to the PF with purple led's.
You can go with double spotlights in each of the 3 locations to make the lighting more even but I didn't want the game to be *too* bright... it's the Shadow after all
I tried different color combinations with all the strips but this seemed to go with the theme decently.
The GI bulbs are all from PinballBulbs.com and are a mix of blue,purple and white. The insert bulbs came from the same source. Good stuff as you can simply pop off the frosted dome to get a more intense "super" led if needed.
Makes ordering easy.

Very nice. Looks great.

I didn't have a Shadow before I saw Aurich's alternate translite...now I do. Thanks again.

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

I didn't have a Shadow before I saw Aurich's alternate translite...now I do. Thanks again.

I never get tired of hearing stories like this.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

HA!
Thanks,
Ron

I actually posted a pic of mine in the thread earlier with the backglass off. It was more to show how few bulbs you really need so you don't get circular "hotspots" showing under the the trans... for example I didn't put any under his black outfit so it would be as black as possible but put cool whites up at the face. I did use purple in a few spots around the edges as his scarf seemed too bright on the lower right. I think I tried blue and green also but it started getting out of hand so I backed off

I found the pic... I remember I even put little dabs of masking tape over the tops of some of the cool whites to help stop any light circles from happening. There's sure a lot of ways to do it - I've seen some very cool examples in this thread.
Shadowbulbs.JPG

#838 6 years ago

Update from my printer:

We are actually under a blizzard here right now and the city is virtually shut down; we are under a red travel advisory, so we cannot leave our houses at the moment.

So I'd expect the 3rd run to maybe go a little slower than planned with the crazy cold weather. Gonna be 76° here today, wish I could send some heat to everyone in the midwest!

Stay warm and safe everyone. I'll update when I know more.

#839 6 years ago

Also, I just got another order, that officially takes my last slot even with the extras I buffered into the order. Now with this blizzard it might be possible to up the print run at the last minute if someone else wants in, otherwise it's down to standby. Usually when I send out the payment request I get a couple people who drop out for various reasons, so standby can work out. Always best to just PM me.

#840 6 years ago

Just talked to my printer, the blizzard was helpful in that the delay meant I could slip in a few more on the run. So I added some more because I keep getting orders even after being full, and I hate turning people down.

So as of now I have a limited few slots left. Just PM me if you want in.

#841 6 years ago

Aurich, You have done an incredible service to the pinball community. The factory translite was sooooo nauseating. Thanks for the huge improvement! Keep up the good work.

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

Aurich, You have done an incredible service to the pinball community. The factory translite was sooooo nauseating. Thanks for the huge improvement! Keep up the good work.

Hey thanks. Really it started as something selfish, I wanted it for my game. But I'm really glad so many people are enjoying it, and it's been a cool and interesting experience to get into the "retail" business, even on such a small scale.

We'll see where I go with this AC/DC project, it's not exactly the lonely, hurting market that The Shadow had, more than enough fish in that pond. But it kinda just fell in my lap and I ran with it. I only do projects I enjoy, so there's really no risk of failure if no one wants it. The people who've seen it have been really positive so you never know!

#843 6 years ago

I dunno who's even still reading this long ass thread of mine, but if you are I'd love for you to chime in on a question:

Someone asked me if I'd sell them my instruction cards. At the time I said no (and I wouldn't have sold them, just given away the files), because I wanted anyone who ordered my package to feel like they had something unique and special. But I wonder if anyone even cares. It's a nice way to round it all out, but none of you are ordering my translite just to get the instruction cards.

So here's my question, would the people who are buyers be annoyed if I uploaded the files to give away for free? I guess I could alter them somehow so they were different, I just wonder if it matters.

Weigh in if you don't mind!

#844 6 years ago

I don't mind at all, I'm just glad I'm getting "the package" for my machine. They are your product, your giving them out will help promote the hobby, IHMO. Good job! and thanks a bunch.

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno who's even still reading this long ass thread of mine,

Who do you think?
th-2-597.jpeg

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I actually posted a pic of mine in the thread earlier with the backglass off. It was more to show how few bulbs you really need so you don't get circular "hotspots" showing under the the trans... for example I didn't put any under his black outfit so it would be as black as possible but put cool whites up at the face. I did use purple in a few spots around the edges as his scarf seemed too bright on the lower right. I think I tried blue and green also but it started getting out of hand so I backed off
I found the pic... I remember I even put little dabs of masking tape over the tops of some of the cool whites to help stop any light circles from happening. There's sure a lot of ways to do it - I've seen some very cool examples in this thread.

Shadowbulbs.JPG 130 KB

I have half as many as you have with regular bulbs and it still looks good. plus the glare is reduced to almost nothing.

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have half as many as you have with regular bulbs and it still looks good.

IMHO it looks like it's supposed to with cool white LEDs, but everyone's taste in lighting is different.

#848 6 years ago

I hate LED's in a Backbox. Just to hotspotty. I like that nice even distribution of light.

#849 6 years ago

I bought just the tl because it was so cool and I have been watching the thread and was just wondering how many packages have you sold. If that's a no-no question just say "a lot".

#850 6 years ago

I bought your translite because it is so much better than the original. The Cards are a great bonus and I am pleased to have them included. If you want to upload the files, it doesn't bother me at all. After all they are yours. I don't feel slighted in the least.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside