Topic Stats

• 1,359 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
kleenex_1.jpg
alt The Shadow.jpg
alt The Shadow 1.jpg
image.jpg
realalternatetranslite.jpg
Shadow (2).JPG
Shadow (1).JPG

There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sound reasonable?

That would be fine by me. I'm still working on mine, plus I have family coming into town and Christmas around the corner means a lot of $$ going out!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

#752 6 years ago

I'm in no hurry. Every one has things to do during the holidays. So just take your time!!!

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Had a couple inquiries on the status of the 3rd run, so just updating with my thoughts.
The interest has slowed down, I think it's probably safe to do the order soon. I'll add in some extras to cover latecomers like I did last time. No idea if this will be the last run or not, just have to see if interest has been tapped or not.
I'm sort of waiting to make sure the international orders make it okay first, because if anyone's get mangled I'll want to be sure I can replace theirs. Long way to send a cardboard box, I don't trust it. And then we're running into Christmas and everything slows down, have to account for that. So I would think I could probably have them available to everyone on the list early next year.
Sound reasonable?

Absolutely and thx for the Update and all of your work.

#754 6 years ago

Hope to start hearing from the international people soon about packages arriving. Sending them so far makes me anxious, so many ways to get crushed and mangled, so let me know if they made it okay. Especially to Sweden!

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hope to start hearing from the international people soon about packages arriving. Sending them so far makes me anxious, so many ways to get crushed and mangled, so let me know if they made it okay. Especially to Sweden!

Nothing here in the UK yet, will shout when received.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No sign of mine yet mate, I am sure it is all good though.
In other news my shadow should be here on xmas eve at the latest.
Can't wait.
Now I can join the club....lol.

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haven't made it to sweden yet. i'm guessing it wont show up until after christmas.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

No sign of mine yet mate, I am sure it is all good though.
In other news my shadow should be here on xmas eve at the latest.
Can't wait.
Now I can join the club....lol.

I just checked your tracking #, actually says as of today it's delivered.

So hopefully there when you get home or something.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Haven't made it to sweden yet. i'm guessing it wont show up until after christmas.

I really tried to make sure they'd all arrive before Christmas. As I just said up above that's one delivered to Australia, so they're definitely making their way out there. The tracking can get kind of vague, yours only says

INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY

as of 4 days ago. So I can't see where in the system it is beyond that. You of all people better not have any trouble!! (Poor Alex was in on the first run and his package just got mangled in transit, this is his replacement.)

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Nothing here in the UK yet, will shout when received.

Looked yours up too, as of today it just went to

CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING COMPLETE

so that sounds hopeful that it will get delivered soon.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not sure. Someone in the first run claimed he was going to route it I believe, but I can't remember if I ever received confirmation of that or not. Maybe in Seattle? I've shipped something like 130 of these by now, so some of the people and stories start to blend a little bit, I could be wrong about that. I love that it's on location though, that's awesome.
Did that 50¢ instruction card print okay for you?

I'll have my local print lady print it soon!
I'm sure more will end up on location.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looked yours up too, as of today it just went to
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE PROCESSING COMPLETE
so that sounds hopeful that it will get delivered soon.

Woohoo!! Good job

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'll have my local print lady print it soon!
I'm sure more will end up on location.

Happy to make custom price cards if anyone is routing it for something other than 50¢.

#764 6 years ago

Not again!
alec_baldwin_msnbc.jpg

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I really tried to make sure they'd all arrive before Christmas. As I just said up above that's one delivered to Australia, so they're definitely making their way out there. The tracking can get kind of vague, yours only says
INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
as of 4 days ago. So I can't see where in the system it is beyond that. You of all people better not have any trouble!! (Poor Alex was in on the first run and his package just got mangled in transit, this is his replacement.)

Worst case i get a late christmas gift
Im sure it will turn up soon.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Worst case i get a late christmas gift
Im sure it will turn up soon.

Someone ordered one for her boyfriend as a Christmas present, so really pulling for that one to make it on time.

It's weird how the international stuff works, Australia seems to be the fastest so far. I guess it's all dependent on the local customs, and how long they take to process things. Out of my hands I guess, but hope they all come through fast!

#768 6 years ago

any chance you can check the tracking on mine

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

GET BACK IN YOUR HOLE BALDWIN.

Who needs you pinball guys anyway.
th-851.jpeg

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

any chance you can check the tracking on mine

Happy to check anyone's.

Yours said December 18th: PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like it's close I guess?

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just checked your tracking #, actually says as of today it's delivered.
So hopefully there when you get home or something.

Thanks mate, I will keep an eye out for it today.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Thanks mate, I will keep an eye out for it today.

Great, let me know if it came through okay. I sent maybe 22 packages international last time and only one was actually wrecked, so I shouldn't be nervous, but I can't help it.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Great, let me know if it came through okay. I sent maybe 22 packages international last time and only one was actually wrecked, so I shouldn't be nervous, but I can't help it.

Nothing yet but it is leading up to Xmas and Aus post can be slow at the best of times.
It's all good mate, I am sure everything will be fine.
Your regular updates and commitment to your product and customers is nothing short of first class.
It would be very cool if it arrives in time for the pickup of my shadow early next week, that would be perfect timing but I am in no rush and am happy to wait.

#774 6 years ago

Aurich, What type of led's did you use for your backbox? I'm in the process of putting together an led list for my whole pin and I'm wondering which are best for the new translite I'll be getting from you in the future.

Frosted/clear, warm/cool/natural white? I see Comet has a good price on 100 packs at .26c each, which I could use the extras on the pf.

Thanks!

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Aurich, What type of led's did you use for your backbox? I'm in the process of putting together an led list for my whole pin and I'm wondering which are best for the new translite I'll be getting from you in the future.
Frosted/clear, warm/cool/natural white? I see Comet has a good price on 100 packs at .26c each, which I could use the extras on the pf.
Thanks!

Honestly it's a bit of a mess, unlike my carefully tuned playfield the backbox is just whatever I had lying around. So I wouldn't really be able to give super specific recs as far as brand/style if you wanted to match mine.

That said definitely cool white, that's what works best with the colors of the translite, and what my mix is all drawn from. I'd probably lean frosted to avoid hot spots, but I'm not familiar with the Comet bulbs.

#776 6 years ago

It's here!
On my way to post office to pick it up now.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

It's here!
On my way to post office to pick it up now.

Awesome. As far as I know you're the first person to get the international 2nd run. Go Australian post office.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome. As far as I know you're the first person to get the international 2nd run. Go Australian post office.

All good here mate it arrived without a hitch and everything is as it should be. I must say looks amazing in person, the colours are so vibrant.
Stunning, I am very happy. You have done a brilliant job and I can't wait to get my shadow here and put this piece of art where it belongs.
Thanks again for all the effort.

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

All good here mate it arrived without a hitch and everything is as it should be. I must say looks amazing in person, the colours are so vibrant.
Stunning, I am very happy. You have done a brilliant job and I can't wait to get my shadow here and put this piece of art where it belongs.
Thanks again for all the effort.

Excellent! If anyone else wants a tracking update just let me know. Hopefully they start arriving everywhere else too.

Once these look settled I'll lock in the 3rd run. I thought it was maybe looking final and then I got 3 more people yesterday, so you never know.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Excellent! If anyone else wants a tracking update just let me know. Hopefully they start arriving everywhere else too.
Once these look settled I'll lock in the 3rd run. I thought it was maybe looking final and then I got 3 more people yesterday, so you never know.

YA! my shadow is coming today! there’s always going to be some stragglers.. order a few extra and lets roll yaha!!
I dont want to look at baldwinn any longer then I have to..
also I think that the shadow at stonehedge has your on it ..

#781 6 years ago

All Good Aurich, got it today, Awesome Effort & true Professional

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

All Good Aurich, got it today, Awesome Effort & true Professional

Awesome.

I went through the tracking today hoping to see more out for deliveries, but it's all obscure crap like CLEARED CUSTOMS PROCESSING SPACE STATION and whatever that means nothing to me as far as how close they all are.

I think I'll email the printer tomorrow, see what he thinks about the 3rd run timing, what with the holidays etc. Get some sense of what we might be looking at. The pre orders have pretty much slowed down, I'm sure there will be some sporadic interest later, but I think at this point anyone on Pinside with a Shadow knows about this and either has it or isn't interested. Which is fine! I had no idea it would do so well. So never say never, but I won't be surprised if this 3rd one is the last run, or at least for now.

I've been tinkering with an AC/DC project in the meantime, even though I don't have one. Got sucked into an idea and just been running with it. Ironically it's she-devil themed, Stern kinda sucker punched me with the Luci stuff since I had it all in the works before that, but so it goes!

#783 6 years ago

Must be a time zone thing, just woke up to a couple orders from Germany and one from France. Every time I think there can't possibly be anyone else here interested I'm wrong.

#784 6 years ago

Forgot to add my thoughts back to this thread. I did give Aurich a shout-out on Club Pinball though.

Received mine a few weeks ago. It's frickin awesome! Turns Shadow into a completely different game. I had LEDs in my backbox already and it looks amazing. I think my favorite part though is the speaker cover.

Well done Aurich!!!

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Forgot to add my thoughts back to this thread. I did give Aurich a shout-out on Club Pinball though.
Received mine a few weeks ago. It's frickin awesome! Turns Shadow into a completely different game. I had LEDs in my backbox already and it looks amazing. I think my favorite part though is the speaker cover.
Well done Aurich!!!

Thanks. The speaker cover is really the secret sauce, you just can't change the translite properly without dealing with it. I was lucky to find a printer that could hook it up just like the stock one.

#786 6 years ago

Just had a letter from the customs department, they want another £20 to deliver mine. At least it is nearly here!

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

Just had a letter from the customs department, they want another £20 to deliver mine. At least it is nearly here!

Man, customs kills me. If anyone's curious like I was that's $32.71 in US dollars. Still, like you said, at least it's close.

#788 6 years ago

Lotta scammers involved in customs also. I remember getting a synthesizer from Germany (to near Wash DC). All fees were supposedly paid but all of a sudden I get a call from some joker with a thick NY accent telling me I needed to wire $130 or it would get "held up" in customs.

I told him to forget it and the keyboard indeed showed up at my door on schedule. Wonder how many people this guy gets to pay up?

#789 6 years ago

Footage of my Shadow with this art package combo...

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Footage of my Shadow with this art package combo...
» YouTube video

Nice. Those yellow rails are crazy.

#791 6 years ago

Merry X-mas, Pinsiders.
th-1-15.jpeg

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Merry X-mas, Pinsiders.

Welp, there goes my restful sleep.

#793 6 years ago

Know I am late to the party but wanted to say that combo package looks fantastic. Congrats and very well integrated.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Know I am late to the party but wanted to say that combo package looks fantastic. Congrats and very well integrated.

Thanks. Never too late to party!

I believe an order has already been placed for the Shadow you just sold too. If I connected the dots right. (Edit: I did.)

Not at home right now, can't check my tracking numbers, I hope anyone who ordered it for Xmas got it in time. If not should be there soon, did the best I could. The whims of customs can be fickle!

#795 6 years ago

It looks like the bulk of the international orders made it just fine, so I'm no longer worried about them. Even survived the Swedish post office, second time was the charm!

I emailed my printer earlier in the week, but haven't heard from him yet, hopefully he's taking some vacation time like I am. Once I get back in touch with him I'll initiate the 3rd run. Guessing that will be beginning of January, what with New Year's. Once I have it ordered I'll send a PM or email to everyone on the list with instructions.

So if you're interested or on the fence that's basically your window of time before I shut down the list and order. I'll probably get a few extra to be safe, but not gonna stockpile a ton or anything.

As always, if there's enough interest I'll do a 4th run, and if there isn't, then this is possibly it. Thanks everyone!

#796 6 years ago

Thanks Aurich, my backglass arrived in Seville (Spain) without problems.IMG_1282 (Copiar).JPGIMG_1299 (Copiar).JPGIMG_1310 (Copiar).JPG

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from Atr3yu:

Thanks Aurich, my backglass arrived in Seville (Spain) without problems.

Awesome. My plans to dominate the globe are slowly falling into place.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My plans to dominate the globe are slowly falling into place.

We'll see about that!
alec-baldwin-attack-photos-011-480w.jpg

#799 6 years ago

Have another drink old man.

alec-drink.gif

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, customs kills me. If anyone's curious like I was that's $32.71 in US dollars. Still, like you said, at least it's close.

Mine is out for delivery today, hope I am in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 37.50
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uxbridge, MA
There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside