download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.
#601 10 years ago

Hey Aurich. The 3 joint Canadian orders arrived at my shop on Friday.
Will post pics once I get shadow set up.

They look killer!
Nice quality.

Thanks again
Adriano

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Hey Aurich. The 3 joint Canadian orders arrived at my shop on Friday.
Will post pics once I get Shadow set up.
They look killer!
Nice quality.
Thanks again
Adriano

Sweeet! I was hoping to start hearing from my Canadians.

#603 10 years ago

I should be seeing mine soon then

#604 10 years ago

Arrived in Oslo, Saturday. That was fast Gonna pick it up at the post office tomorrow. Can't wait

#605 10 years ago

I need to buy new translite glass

#606 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I need to buy new translite glass

Where is a place to pick up cheap new glass for it?

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Where is a place to pick up cheap new glass for it?

Any local glass shop should be able to help you out. Just give them the measurements and thickness, tell 'em you want it tempered just in case.

#608 10 years ago

Just got mine delivered in Brisbane, Australia!

I won't have time to open it for a day or two as work is busy, but the packaging looks like it survived the voyage ok!

Thanks again Aurich

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from Chrisg:

Just got mine delivered in Brisbane, Australia!
I won't have time to open it for a day or two as work is busy, but the packaging looks like it survived the voyage ok!
Thanks again Aurich

Awesome!

I've got the order for the second run started with my printer, just waiting to make sure it's up and running before I email people for payment.

#610 10 years ago

Aurich!! do not forget to put me on the list.
I am very interested in putting these new arts in my Spanish The Shadow.
Thanks.

#611 10 years ago
Quoted from Atr3yu:

Aurich!! do not forget to put me on the list.
I am very interested in putting these new arts in my Spanish The Shadow.
Thanks.

You're on the list, no worries. I've paid for the next print run, I'm just waiting until I have an estimate on the time. Then I'll do what I did last time and email everyone with the payment links. By the time everyone has gotten their money in the order should hopefully arrive here and I can just pack and ship them all out. That seems to be the fastest way to do it.

#612 10 years ago

Received mine in Canada. All looks good. Thanks again. Now I just need to buy a Shadow.

#613 10 years ago

Is it too late to get on the bandwagon?
I have a Shadow on the way.

#614 10 years ago

got mine today! Thanks!

Now I just need my shadow back....soon!

IMG_1010.JPGIMG_1010.JPG
#615 10 years ago

Got mine today. Installed it. Wow!!! Simply amazing! Aurich, that is simply awesome work. It is much better in person than in photos. You absolutely nailed the spirit of the game. It was made for the game. I never had an issue with bald wins mug ... Until now. Your translite is bang on. It looks great with incandescent bulbs, I was going to go with LEDs but now I think I will leave it alone.

I think the value of an Aurich Shadow just went up by $500. To anyone on the fence about this - get it!

I really think you should buy a DM until you get tired of the translite.

Cheers!

Tom

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Is it too late to get on the bandwagon?
I have a Shadow on the way.

Not too late, I purposefully ordered a few extra for this run. I'll put you on the pre-order list.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Got mine today. Installed it. Wow!!! Simply amazing! Aurich, that is simply awesome work. It is much better in person than in photos. You absolutely nailed the spirit of the game. It was made for the game. I never had an issue with bald wins mug ... Until now. Your translite is bang on. It looks great with incandescent bulbs, I was going to go with LEDs but now I think I will leave it alone.
I think the value of an Aurich Shadow just went up by $500. To anyone on the fence about this - get it!

Wow, thanks. Glad to see the international orders seem to be arriving okay.

I really think you should buy a DM until you get tired of the translite.

Hahaha. That's exactly how it would work too.

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not too late, I purposefully ordered a few extra for this run. I'll put you on the pre-order list.

Thanks very much for that.

#619 10 years ago

I installed mine this weekend and it looks incredible. Pictures do not do it justice. My speaker panel was a pain in the butt to remove. It was glued on, but with patience it came off.

I would like to say thanks to Aurich for doing such a great job and giving everybody an opportunity to get one from him. The packaging, communication, and shipping was above and beyond what most people would do.

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I installed mine this weekend and it looks incredible. Pictures do not do it justice. My speaker panel was a pain in the butt to remove. It was glued on, but with patience it came off.
I would like to say thanks to Aurich for doing such a great job and giving everybody an opportunity to get one from him. The packaging, communication, and shipping was above and beyond what most people would do.

Thanks! I really had no idea what I was getting into with this project, so just glad it came together. My stock speaker panel had no glue, but who knows what happened to it in the past. It's got this crinkled texture black backing glued to it, does everyone have that? It's kinda weird, wouldn't be shocked to find out it's not stock.

#621 10 years ago

Maybe that texture is dried-out glue ??

#622 10 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

got mine today! Thanks!
Now I just need my Shadow back....soon!

IMG_1010.JPG 132 KB

I like the idea. But I wouldn't have used an image that was already on the field. Maybe use something like him standing with his back facing you, like he was using the secret passage or something.

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe that texture is dried-out glue ??

Oh you know what, I just remembered something. When I got my Shadow it had an alternate translite in it already that I didn't care for, all black with the stylized Shadow face in the middle, I took it off right away. But the speaker panel was flipped backwards, so it was black. So it seems obvious in hindsight that someone added that black vinyl to it so they could reverse it. Forgot about that.

#624 10 years ago

Oh, also, I'm almost tapped for this next run, I have a few extras, but I kind of want to save one or two in case anything goes wrong in shipping and I need to replace someone's. Been pretty lucky so far, but a few people have had minor damage that I'm taking care of. Everyone needs to be happy.

If interest seems capped then this will be it, if enough people still want one after this I'll do a third.

#625 10 years ago

Just got home from work and had to go down stairs to stare at that translite. Ok, I played a few games too.

Once again, thanks for all your work in pulling this off Aurich. Top notch professional looking job.

While it wasn't your goal with this project; for all your hard work, I really hope you manage to make a little something to buy yourself something nice for Xmas.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Just got home from work and had to go down stairs to stare at that translite. Ok, I played a few games too.
Once again, thanks for all your work in pulling this off Aurich. Top notch professional looking job.
While it wasn't your goal with this project; for all your hard work, I really hope you manage to make a little something to buy yourself something nice for Xmas.

Thanks!!

It wasn't my goal to rake in the cash, no, but so many more people got this than I was expecting that I've definitely been compensated for my time, no worries. Which is good, because honestly this turned into a lot of work.

Super happy to have done it, and even more happy that people are enjoying it and loving their Shadows though.

#627 10 years ago

Tip at the hat to you Aurich !!

Been following this thread from the beginning, and i don't even have a Shadow
Man, are you on top of the game, incredible from start to finish!!

But please man, relax take some time for yourself, for your health sake i hope this was "a one trick"

On the other hand, would like to see your craft on other titles

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

But please man, relax take some time for yourself, for your health sake i hope this was "a one trick"

I dunno, I just finished my Elvira restore, I might start getting restless in a bit. Some downtime first sounds good though!

Thanks for following, there are some great projects here that I follow along with even though I don't have the games they're for either.

#629 10 years ago

Ack even with adding extras to the order I'm down to my last set on the second run. Somehow Shadow enthusiasts just keep appearing when I think I've tapped it out ...

I'll do a third if need be I guess, I don't want anyone to miss out if they want it. We'll see how it goes.

#630 10 years ago

I've seen Aurich's Shadow translite in person.

This is excellent, high quality/professional work. Highly recommended, and it goes without saying that it looks *way* better than the stock one.

Thumbs up!

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've seen Aurich's Shadow translite in person.
This is excellent, high quality/professional work. Highly recommended, and it goes without saying that it looks *way* better than the stock one.
Thumbs up!

Thanks Rob! Who's did you see? Chris?

I'm still waiting for word from the printer, some people on the list are PMing to see what's up. Which is fine, happy to answer questions, but just FYI I haven't forgotten about you if I said you're on the list, and it's still happening. Just waiting for the print estimate before I send out the payment instructions. Should be soon.

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks Rob! Who's did you see? Chris?

Yep. He bought the Shadow from me. It looks way better than when I had it!

#633 10 years ago

Man, that is a great set. Makes me want to go out and buy a Shadow now. Good job, Aurich!

#634 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. He bought The Shadow from me. It looks way better than when I had it!

I want to see his in person, but only as I walk past it to check out his WOZ.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I want to see his in person, but only as I walk past it to check out his WOZ.

Actually, you would have to walk past WOZ to get to Shadow.

#636 10 years ago

No updates yet, but anyone want to sell this man their Alec Baldwin? Somebody must be ready to see him off!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-the-shadow-original-translite

#637 10 years ago

I received mine yesterday and it looks great! The packaging kicks ass as well. I will upload a few picks after work. I may be interested in sending Alec to a new home Aurich. Mine is mint.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

got mine today! Thanks!
Now I just need my Shadow back....soon!

IMG_1010.JPG 132 KB

what the ....

#639 10 years ago

Mine arrived unscathed in Sydney on Wed. Will install this weekend. Looks great just holding it up to the light. The way certain elements just "pop" like his eyes and the street lamp look beautiful. Thanks Aurich, well done.

#640 10 years ago

Sweet! So far the international stuff seems to be surviving, which is great, I've heard horror stories.

It looks like that guy looking for an original translite got one (for free!) from one of our new club.

I may get an update from the printer today about the next run, if not then hopefully Monday. Once I know I'll say something.

#641 10 years ago

Too late to get in on this run?

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Too late to get in on this run?

Replied to your PM, but just to make it public, unless someone drops out I'm officially tapped on this run, even though I ordered extras to be safe. I already have enough interest to start a third pre-order list, so if you want it please let me know, I need a minimum of 10 people to do the run. I could get by with a few less and just sit on the extras if need be, I don't want anyone left hanging because I'm a few short, but I also don't want to stack a big inventory, I'm not really a store or anything.

#643 10 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday, perfect condition. Thanks Aurich, beautiful work!

#644 10 years ago

Not sure yet about the green, but...

1384566831700.jpg1384566831700.jpg
#645 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I also don't want to stack a big inventory, I'm not really a store or anything.

Understood, ever think about e-bay for the people who don't read Pinside?

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Not sure yet about the green, but...

1384566831700.jpg 2 MB

Try purple around the edges and dark areas and consider dumping all the middle ones to darken his outfit. You can
also try to get rid of the led halo's by putting a small piece of tape over the top of the white bulbs. I didn't like seeing all the led's making circles in the translight so I have used as few as possible.

Just some ideas...

#647 10 years ago

This shows how few bulbs I tried to use to avoid the "hotspots"... note to self: cameras don't like taking pics of leds

ShadowTrans.JPGShadowTrans.JPG

Shadowbulbs.JPGShadowbulbs.JPG

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Understood, ever think about e-bay for the people who don't read Pinside?

I haven't really given any thought to outside Pinside. Obviously there's a whole market out there that isn't here, so I should probably at least try, but I haven't actually had any extras yet.

Love the photos, thanks for posting. It's really a challenge to take a good pic of LED backlit stuff, never looks as nice as it does in person.

#649 10 years ago

It's nice to see an alternate translite thats not a bunch of half-naked women photo shopped into what looks like a beer advertisement from the mid 90s In all seriousness though, this really looks great.

#650 10 years ago

Can someone show the speaker panel with the translite? together, thanks..

Ohh, I see it on page 2 here, very nice...

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.