Topic Stats

• 1,359 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
kleenex_1.jpg
alt The Shadow.jpg
alt The Shadow 1.jpg
image.jpg
realalternatetranslite.jpg
Shadow (2).JPG
Shadow (1).JPG

There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.
#551 6 years ago

Hadn't checked the thread in a few days. I arrived home y'day afternoon to see a thin parcel on the door step. First thing I thought of was the translight and speaker panel. Walking towards it, I thought no way, that is incredibly fast shipping! Then I realised it was the NOS Mystery Castle main ramp I'd bought recently. So there is one more package to arrive soon and I can't wait.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Hadn't checked the thread in a few days. I arrived home y'day afternoon to see a thin parcel on the door step. First thing I thought of was the translight and speaker panel. Walking towards it, I thought no way, that is incredibly fast shipping! Then I realised it was the NOS Mystery Castle main ramp I'd bought recently. So there is one more package to arrive soon and I can't wait.

Ha, I wish. I'm hoping you get yours in around a week, give or take a few days. I don't have experience with this international shipping, so curious to see.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Got my package today, will be putting it on a Shadow I will have for sale. Pics later tonight. Price on Shadow is $3700 with new artwork and LED's. Awesome Job Aurich

Nice, you're definitely the first one to sell a Shadow with it installed! Gotta at least double the value right?

#554 6 years ago

BTW I love seeing the reports of them showing up, people have been PMing and emailing me too. It's a relief to know you're all getting them. If you're a domestic US order and don't get it by tomorrow let me know, we'll bust out the tracking numbers and try and figure out what's up. USPS tracking kinda blows, they don't seem to scan it at the origin post office, so you can get weird black holes of data until it shows up somewhere and gets scanned.

Also, tonight, I want to see pics!!!

#555 6 years ago

Your translite, speaker panel and cards transforms this game. Again awesome job!

#556 6 years ago

got mine, warning to goofs like me, do not spray Windex on translite. it reacts with it. I think it's not that noticeable tho.

1383607353806.jpg
#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

got mine, warning to goofs like me, do not spray Windex on translite. it reacts with it.

Oh no! Yeah, I would definitely not recommend that. That's one reason in the instructions I recommend using a soft cloth to brace it when you remove the protective film, so you don't leave big palm prints on it that you'll have to remove later. Can't see issues in the photo, hope it's okay.

#558 6 years ago

Just got mine today - looks great!

#559 6 years ago

Got mine. Looks Great!

#560 6 years ago

Got mine. Wow ! Looks great. Haven't even touched the background lighting yet. Still lit with all incandescents. Looks right at home. WELL DONE , AURICH !
Thank you !
image-417.jpg

#561 6 years ago

What the hells going on around here!
th-939.jpeg

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

Got mine. Wow ! Looks great. Haven't even touched the background lighting yet. Still lit with all incandescents. Looks right at home. WELL DONE , AURICH !
Thank you !

I love seeing it in the collection shot next to other machines. As well as that freaky three-eyed coin door!

#563 6 years ago

Cool topper fixie, where did you get it from and how much?

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Looks like the toy car you can find without too much trouble on eBay.

#565 6 years ago

Got mine! Will install and show pics after the Packers win!

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What the hells going on around here!

Now that's funny

th-939.jpeg 8 KB

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

They're available on eBay or Amazon for about $30 w/shipping NIB. I added both a #455 flashing light tied into one of the back box circuits and a #906 flasher that's tied into one of the back box flashers. That way it flashes during attract mode and really flashes during multiball etc. and adds a little more than just sitting up there.

#568 6 years ago

AWESOME! Thanks Aurich.

Awesome.jpg

#569 6 years ago

I'll say it again... Damn those look good Aurich!

#570 6 years ago

25+ people say I GOT MINE THANKS!!!

3 people post pics.

lol.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I'll say it again... Damn those look good Aurich!

Looks sweet next to Scared Stiff too my friend.

#572 6 years ago

Shadow pics

shadow 004.JPG
shadow 005.JPG
shadow 008.JPG

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

AWESOME! Thanks Aurich.

Awesome.jpg 39 KB

Nice photo! That's pretty true to life, hard to capture that. What did you shoot it with?

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh no! ... Can't see issues in the photo, hope it's okay.

It's not bad, but mark me on for a round two translite.. It's probably going to end up bugging me enough to pick up a second.
BTW Thanks for all the hard work!

PANO_20131104_222049.jpg
#575 6 years ago

Had mine on Saturday but didn't have a chance to put it in until today. I'm using incandescents and it still looks great. A little hotspotting in the middle, probably just need to remove one or two bulbs, but I'm very picky in that regard. Really classes up the machine. Thanks again!

ShadowTranslite.jpg
#576 6 years ago
Quoted from Troz:

Had mine on Saturday

Wait, you got yours on Saturday? Dang, that was fast. I thought the only people who got theirs on Saturday were the ones I hand delivered to Pinball Land! Nice photo.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

It's not bad, but mark me on for a round two translite.. It's probably going to end up bugging me enough to pick up a second.

Aww, okay, PM me, we'll work something out, can't have you unhappy with it.

Edit: You did take the protective layer off before you sprayed it right? Just checking, be handy if you forgot to remove it first ...

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Got mine! Will install and show pics after the Packers win!

I hope you didnt get tear stains on that brand new translight

Bear Down!

Now that I've got that out of my system, these look amazing. Really regretting not getting one this time around.

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Now that I've got that out of my system, these look amazing. Really regretting not getting one this time around.

Gonna do the second run soon, definitely not too late if you want in.

#580 6 years ago

Got mine but haven't had a chance to install it yet, been very busy. I love it though, it looks great out of the box, it'll look even better installed. Thanks.

#581 6 years ago

Got mine today, gonna restore the the pit in my playfield before I install it tho.

#582 6 years ago

First serious game after install I passed the Billion mark. I think the sweet art had something to do with it.

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

First serious game after install I passed the Billion mark. I think the sweet art had something to do with it.

I'm happy to take credit for anyone beating the Final Battle too!

Gonna give things a day or two to settle and then I'm going to lock in the pre-order list for the second run. If you're not sure if you're on the list or would like to be added please PM me.

#584 6 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday as well and I installed it late last night - looks great!! Getting the film off the translite ended up taking more time than anything else! Thanks for putting this together, Aurich, really awesome stuff!

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice photo! That's pretty true to life, hard to capture that. What did you shoot it with?

Canon Powershot 260. I think I used the aperture priority mode. Nothing special and whatever mode I selected was pure chance, lol

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Getting the film off the translite ended up taking more time than anything else!

Hahaha, I know, right? Sorry about that. Still, better to have it arrive unscratched!

#587 6 years ago

Got mine yesterday and I installed it, looks great Aurich...nice job, but get a life buddy..really.

#588 6 years ago

got mine. the light distribution for normal bulbs in the translite is fantastic. Speaker panel dithering in the printing isn't quite as bright and vibrant as I would have liked, but still nice. Peeling off the old panel was little difficult. Good adhesive on there. Double sided scotch tape worked good for holding the new one in place. Looks great. Great work.

btw, i'm only using 7 bulbs in the entire backbox. It's all you really need with any translite. Cuts down on glare drastically and looks great.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

got mine. the light distribution for normal bulbs in the translite is fantastic.

High praise, since I figured you'd be my toughest critic!

My stock speaker panel had no adhesive, came right out. Not sure what the factory way is, interesting.

#591 6 years ago

Got my art package installed and am completely pleased with it. Lit with incandescents, I think it looks absolutely perfect.

Good job, Aurich. Every part of this project -- from design to shipment -- has been 100% PRO.

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Good job, Aurich. Every part of this project -- from design to shipment -- has been 100% PRO.

Thanks, that means a lot. This project has been fun, I'm delighted with the response and putting out something for a game I love, but I have to admit, it's been kinda stressful. I didn't begin to relax until the packages started arriving.

Been a handful of minor issues, but I'm taking care of them all, I think we're looking good. I just need the international stuff to show up un-mangled ...

#593 6 years ago

this is the way all my euro packages arrive. Every single one of them, so it's not a fluke. Just shows you how they ship stuff there. Ace Ventura must be the only type employed in Europe.

euro package internet.jpg

#594 6 years ago

Boy, I'm having a hell of a time getting a picture that does justice to the beauty that is Aurich's translite in person, but here goes:

SAM_4440.JPG

SAM_4441.JPG

That's with all incandescents, but with a few of them removed to get rid of hotspots and make The Shadow himself a bit more Shadowy (in the chest, stomach and shoulders):

shadow_pulled_bulbs.JPG

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this is the way all my euro packages arrive. Every single one of them, so it's not a fluke. Just shows you how they ship stuff there. Ace Ventura must be the only type employed in Europe.

My poor boxes.

Quoted from Fatsquatch:Boy, I'm having a hell of a time getting a picture that does justice to the beauty that is Aurich's translite in person, but here goes:

Thanks! It's really hard to get a photograph that looks anything like real life. I haven't seen it in person with incandescents yet, only other installed one I've seen has cool white LEDs too.

#596 6 years ago

pull out all but 7 of those bulbs and you'll have the same effect, but less glare, and less power consumption.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

pull out all but 7 of those bulbs and you'll have the same effect, but less glare, and less power consumption.

Which 7 did you leave in?

#598 6 years ago

going from left to right each row.

1 , 4 , 13 , 17, 21 , 25, and 34

#599 6 years ago

Looks like the orders for the second round have stopped trickling in. This is last call, gonna get the order in by tomorrow.

#600 6 years ago

I'm getting PMs from people wanting to make sure they're on my list for the second run, so to save time here it is:

Axl
HighProtein
PinballMikeD
GarlandJenkins
WannaPinball
msj2222
astrodan88
theory
Paul_S
Joshmx19
Big_Bob
MnHotRod
frg
bjsilverballs
Player1
evolution
sacd
PA
lordloss
dfsays
fosaisu
soca76
Axl
pincredible
jrawlinson_2000

I'm talking to the printer now about getting it going, will contact everyone with payment details once it's set. Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 37.50
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside