Topic Stats

• 1,359 posts
  • 288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by RGAires
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
kleenex_1.jpg
alt The Shadow.jpg
alt The Shadow 1.jpg
image.jpg
realalternatetranslite.jpg
Shadow (2).JPG
Shadow (1).JPG

There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
#501 6 years ago

If I had unlimited time and money, I'd mod a Shadow into 30 Rock: The Pinball

Ever since Alec Baldwin became the New Shatner he's been hilarious.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I've seen it in another thread...was trying to lighten the mood until we get out new translites. We are all very anxious….Aurich has done a marvelous job

I'm only posting here now because I'm taking a break from making boxes! Got a stack all folded that need tape, and then I'm ready for another run of stuffing and sealing. Plan is to send out as many as I've managed to pack by end of tonight tomorrow. Should be more than half at the very least. I'm on track to have 60 I think at the current pace.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into ...

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If I had unlimited time and money, I'd mod a Shadow into 30 Rock: The Pinball
Ever since Alec Baldwin became the New Shatner he's been hilarious.

Would need a Words With Friends hurry up mode. Make your shots before the flight attendant kicks you off the plane!

#504 6 years ago

So, it turns out i ucked up...
I ordered the lovely translite, and i`m so looking forward to getting it!
I was telling my girlfriend that they where indeed shipping, and that i had ordered one.
she says: oh no, i was going to get that for you for xmas!
(she didn`t order though, she hadn't found the pinside forum topic)

Best GF and xmas ever!

#505 6 years ago

Luckily, the shipping to germany will take a while. I hope to finally get a shadow pinball in 2 weeks.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I ordered the lovely translite, and i`m so looking forward to getting it!
I was telling my girlfriend that they where indeed shipping, and that i had ordered one.
she says: oh no, i was going to get that for you for xmas!

Hahaha, that's awesome, she sounds like a keeper to me!

#507 6 years ago

US orders are going out today. International is next, need a little extra time because they're trickier to do.

image-657.jpg

#508 6 years ago

Yeah,
when do you think you can send the international orders?

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I had no idea what I was getting myself into ...

But it was well worth it... seeing what you did makes me want a Shadow!

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from Rocco:

Yeah,
when do you think you can send the international orders?

ASAP I'm starting on them today. With the weekend though I'd say they won't go out until Monday.

#512 6 years ago

Canada isn't REALLY international right?

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

mine better be in there.

Yup!

Quoted from Drano:

Canada isn't REALLY international right?

Heh, only if you guys stop making us fill out customs paperwork.

#514 6 years ago

Well,
I was going to wait until the "actual" morning to install it Aurich but, since we have daylight savings time tonight/today I figured that why not spend some of that bonus "eXtRa" hour installing your new translite! (and speaker panel...)
Thanks again for sharing some of your creative wealth to the pinball community buddy, it's much obliged!
Please to enjoy some pics...

IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2086.JPG

I'm still fiddling with the lighting behind the text of "The Shadow"; it's actually kinda tricky from the stock holes to get it all lit evenly. I'm using CT's flex for it now but, the leads really need to be a tad bit longer so I can get the proper angle to help illuminate the rest of the letters. It's not too noticeable with the naked eye but, as you can see in the pic; more specifically near the "w", it could be a bit better.

All in all, a great job Aurich!

#515 6 years ago

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Great pics NimblePin.

#516 6 years ago

We should be giving out awards for this kind of work! Aurich hit this one out of the park!!!!

#517 6 years ago

That looks fantastic!

#518 6 years ago

Wow! that looks great! Can`t wait to get my Xmas present installed.
All we need now is to make a list for LEDs that match it perfect.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well,
I was going to wait until the "actual" morning to install it Aurich but, since we have daylight savings time tonight/today I figured that why not spend some of that bonus "eXtRa" hour installing your new translite! (and speaker panel...)
Thanks again for sharing some of your creative wealth to the pinball community buddy, it's much obliged!
Please to enjoy some pics...

Sweet! Was good to see you last night. You and Robert have joined the very exclusive Early Shadow Club™.

Nice photos too. The Shadow text is kinda tricky, you're right, though it's not really noticeable in person like in the photo. I didn't think about flexes, that might be a good idea.

I'm constantly refreshing the tracking #'s on the orders going out waiting for the post office to give me something, they haven't scanned in locations yet though. Argh! I'm not going to stop being anxious until people start receiving these.

I'm going to finish packing the international orders today, and get them out tomorrow.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

US orders are going out today. International is next, need a little extra time because they're trickier to do.

image-657.jpg 2 MB

Impressive photo. Fun being a parts manufacture'er isn't it.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Impressive photo. Fun being a parts manufacture'er isn't it.

"Fun".

So don't ask me why, but the USPS only seems to want to show tracking info for some of the packages. I think their tracking system sucks next to UPS and the like so I guess it's not that unexpected. Anyways, the ones that are showing up look like they're scheduled to deliver tomorrow (Monday), even on the other side of the country like MA. So hopefully they'll start showing up tomorrow for everyone. If you don't get it tomorrow or by Tuesday I can look up your tracking info.

I'm getting a lot of questions about a second run, and I don't mind answering PMs, but just to put it out there, yes, I'm doing a second run, there's more than enough people already on the list. I want to send out these international orders tomorrow, make sure everyone else is getting theirs, and I need to order more boxes etc. So my plan is to contact the second run people towards the end of next week, and then I'll talk to the printer with whatever number it looks like I'm going to have. If you want to be in on that run please just PM me.

Thanks!

#522 6 years ago

Another happy customer, blends perfectly with the blue lighting scheme I had already. This bad picture makes the backbox LEDs seem brighter, but in person the colors are much more even. Thanks again!
TheShadow.jpg

#523 6 years ago

Ouch, international postage is a lot more than I thought it would be. Turns out the flat package is too big for First Class International, and my only option is Priority Mail International. So instead of being about $10 more it's more like $30 more.

I'll just eat it this time around, no one who paid me needs to worry about it. But I guess I'm gonna have to charge more for international orders from now on, sorry.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ouch, international postage is a lot more than I thought it would be. Turns out the flat package is too big for First Class International, and my only option is Priority Mail International. So instead of being about $10 more it's more like $30 more.
I'll just eat it this time around, no one who paid me needs to worry about it. But I guess I'm gonna have to charge more for international orders from now on, sorry.

No problem here, thought $10 was cheap to us in the UK!

Hopefully I am already on the 2nd run list.

In a weird quirk of fate I will be in the US when you are planning to contact the 2nd list! Please keep me on the list and I will be back in the UK in December.

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's a bitch, and I have experienced that 1st hand myself. Very cool of you to honor initial shipping costs.

You can always screw over the next group that's late to the show!

#526 6 years ago

Aww, NinJaBooT you didn't need to send me more money, I got the postage stuff covered, but thanks.

This international stuff has me somewhat confused frankly, I've got way more paperwork all of a sudden with the Priority labels than I did with the First Class ones. Went from one label with all the customs stuff to 4 forms. Gonna take a box and paperwork to the post office to make sure I'm doing it all right, and figure out where these extra forms are supposed to go. Want to be sure I'm doing it right before I try and pay for all the shipping and send them all. Want them to get there okay!

Sorry for the delay international peeps, I had no idea it was gonna be this complicated! Going to hit the post office this morning, figure this all out, and then I'll come home and work on whatever labeling/printing I need to do. Everything is packed and good to go otherwise.

I'll have to charge more for international next time, but at least I'll know WTF I'm doing!

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Paul_S:

No problem here, thought $10 was cheap to us in the UK!
Hopefully I am already on the 2nd run list.
In a weird quirk of fate I will be in the US when you are planning to contact the 2nd list! Please keep me on the list and I will be back in the UK in December.

Yes sir, you are on the list. I'll ping you when I'm ready to do the orders and you can tell me what you want me to do with yours.

#528 6 years ago

Nice work Aurich.

#529 6 years ago

Sweet, the sample package that I had asked for tracking info with zero updates since I dropped it off suddenly decided it actually wanted to be tracked. Whoever is in Skokie, IL it's out for delivery.

I would guess that most US orders should show up today, if not all of them. Please report back and post pics!

I called it out in the instructions, but just a reminder: There's a protective film on the translites that needs to be peeled off, they'll look kind of matte out of the box instead of glossy. It's really stuck on there pretty well, I recommend peeling a corner, and then getting a soft cloth or something and holding down the corner while you peel the rest to avoid a big palm print on it.

I'm extra motivated now to get you international people in on this party!

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aww, NinJaBooT you didn't need to send me more money

I know I didn't but I see that your putting forth a most excellent effort in both communicating to the masses as well as a damn fine job on the conceptual design. Its evident that you take pride in work and for this I don't mind paying the extra $$$$ to cover some unforeseen costs for the international shipping.

"The Shadow has the power to cloud men's minds. But The Shadow pinball has the power to seize players' imaginations!"

#531 6 years ago

Figured out my international shipping confusion, I was missing the little clear envelope dealy for the package so I could load up all 3 customs forms into it. Got myself a stack of them from the post office and I'm back in business, gonna start printing up more postage now. I forget who my New Zealand order is, but you were the test case so you're already at the post office.

#532 6 years ago

In for more pics of people installing them.

I am now seeking a Shadow machine specifically because I want to purchase this mod. Its that good.

#533 6 years ago

Just got my first email from someone confirming they got their package, so they're being delivered.

Also add stamps.com to the list of companies who's automated systems think I'm committing fraud or something by sending all these packages out to you guys. Had to talk to 3 people to get them to lift a hold on my account in the middle of printing up international shipping labels. Yes, I signed up for your service to ship things, so I'm obviously a terrorist.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I am now seeking a Shadow machine specifically because I want to purchase this mod. Its that good.

This is my favorite thing people can say to me!

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just got my first email from someone confirming they got their package, so they're being delivered.
Also add stamps.com to the list of companies who's automated systems think I'm committing fraud or something by sending all these packages out to you guys. Had to talk to 3 people to get them to lift a hold on my account in the middle of printing up international shipping labels. Yes, I signed up for your service to ship things, so I'm obviously a terrorist.

Yeah man, never use stamps.com. I feel like you end up paying more in the end for the same shipping services.

#536 6 years ago

I got mine today, thanks Aurich... I shoot some pics of it later when installed...

#537 6 years ago

Getting the reports of delivery, love it. Hope to see a ton of photos later!

Off to the post office with this stack, these are the international ones. Crossing my fingers they all cross borders and oceans okay!

image-949.jpg

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also add stamps.com to the list of companies who's automated systems think I'm committing fraud or something by sending all these packages out to you guys.

Maybe they are a subsidiary of Baldwin Inc.

#539 6 years ago

Never been a huge fan of this game (had to fix a couple over the years though). But the art package is awesome! Thanks for making it available!

#540 6 years ago

I also received mine today!

#541 6 years ago

Aurich just confirming mine was shipped to my US postal outlet? Havent heard from them and should have gone in the domestic batch? Cheers

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Aurich just confirming mine was shipped to my US postal outlet? Havent heard from them and should have gone in the domestic batch? Cheers

Hmm, your tracking number isn't showing activity, USPS must be behind on it. I'll PM it to you.

International orders just dropped off, everyone who's paid me should have a package sent now. Whew!

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Off to the post office with this stack, these are the international ones. Crossing my fingers they call cross borders and oceans okay!

Thanks for the "real time" updates Aurich. I hope one of those are destined for Canada-eh?

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Thanks for the "real time" updates Aurich. I hope one of those are destined for Canada-eh?

There's a stack heading for Canada, but only one has 3 sets bundled inside it!

The Priority International shipping that ended up being more pricey at least came with the benefit of being decently fast, the generic estimate was 6-10 days. I would hope that Canada would be faster than that, but I don't have any experience with it.

#545 6 years ago

Got mine today, thanks Aurich! Just waiting on the shooter rod. Are you able to accept PayPal now?

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Got mine today, thanks Aurich! Just waiting on the shooter rod. Are you able to accept PayPal now?

Oh yeah, I think so. I was thinking about how to box that today, just got sidetracked by this Shadow shipping. I'll PM you.

#547 6 years ago

Got my package today, thanks for all your hard work! The price of used Baldwin translites continues to drop...

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh yeah, I think so. I was thinking about how to box that today, just got sidetracked by this Shadow shipping. I'll PM you.

Got mine today - near Wash DC - no pics but no damage and they look great. I was worried my postman would add his own distinctive signature to the package... crunch

Thanks - really nice job! Finally... Baldwin gets his much-deserved boot

#549 6 years ago

Got my package today, will be putting it on a Shadow I will have for sale. Pics later tonight. Price on Shadow is $3700 with new artwork and LED's. Awesome Job Aurich

#550 6 years ago

Received unharmed. Looking forward to install!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 1359 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside