download (resized).jpg
red 1204171543b_resized (resized).jpg
off 1204171545a_resized (resized).jpg
1204171544b_resized (resized).jpg
20160708_214814.jpg
20160708_221833.jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dude at the very least you should convert the backbox to warm white led to avoid heat issues

Even if you prefer to skips LEDs in GI there's really no reason to not LED the backbox on these games, they don't have any subtle light shows or anything, and the cool whites really bring out the colors of the translite in a very natural looking fashion.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

removing the plastic clips around the edges, comes right out

Really?? I was under the impression it was stuck to the glass. My Bad for not ever looking at it closer. Thanks for the info Aurich!

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Really?? I was under the impression it was stuck to the glass. My Bad for not ever looking at it closer. Thanks for the info Aurich!

Yeah, no, it's just sitting there, slides right off. If your glass is scratched or damaged it's a good excuse to pick up a new sheet from a local shop, cheap and easy.

#454 10 years ago

Latest update?

#455 10 years ago

He gets them this Tuesday. Will pack up and ship out ASAP, but quite a bit of work, due to the # of orders. Hopefully within a week or so they will ship.

I think that's about it.

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

He gets them this Tuesday. Will pack up and ship out ASAP, but quite a bit of work, due to the # of orders. Hopefully within a week or so they will ship.
I think that's about it.

Basically that's it, thanks, with the only thing I'd say is that my goal is to ship them as fast as I can. We'll see how long 100 orders takes to do, but I'm gonna make it a top priority to get through them all quickly. This is later than I wanted and I don't want anyone to wait more than they have to.

I just tracked the package, latest update:

Vernon, CA, United States 10/26/2013 1:50 P.M. Arrival Scan

So it's getting close to me, was in IL yesterday.

#457 10 years ago

Thanks again for doing all this and can't wait to get this on my Shadow Aurich. Remember bundled orders are easier to prepare for shipping. Three birds, one stone

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Thanks again for doing all this and can't wait to get this on my Shadow Aurich. Remember bundled orders are easier to prepare for shipping. Three birds, one stone

Heh. Actually yours is more work because I'll have to weigh it separately for the postage!

Don't you worry none, I've got detailed notes in my spreadsheet for everything, my Canadian bundlers are covered.

I really want to see pictures once people install these, hope to see some great collection photos!

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

OUT FOR DELIVERY

Finally! I was about to fire up the torches and rally round the family!

This has the potential to be the coolest mod on any of my games. I judge this on how native to the game it looks. The T1000 mod I have on my T2 looks as if it always belonged there and is of high quality. I believe your translate/speaker panel to be of equal status or possibly greater if that's even possible. I was looking at that Predator speaker panel thinking...................

#461 10 years ago

Boom! I just need a little time break it down, tape up boxes, print address labels etc. x 100!

Thanks for the patience, home stretch is here finally.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Edit: Also, in case anyone was wondering, 100 translites plus instruction cards and plastic coverings etc are 65 pounds. Starts to add up fast I guess. I haven't even opened the speaker panel box yet, wanted to get something in this thread first.

#462 10 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#463 10 years ago

yay Can't wait

#464 10 years ago

Looking forward to getting the package.

#465 10 years ago

Yep... cannot wait to get this installed. I'm totally loving my Shadow and this is going to be sweet. This week I completed The Beryllium Sphere for the first time.

#466 10 years ago

Great news to read after a hellish day at work. Thank you for making my frustrations disappear. I think I am the most excited to receive this.... So could you mail mine first

#467 10 years ago

Way to go Aurich!

In honour of this I just went down to have it handed to me by Mr. Baldwin for perhaps the last time. Although I never saw why the original translate was hated so much - the new design is a vast improvement.

Can't wait! It is going to look sweet.

#468 10 years ago

Speaker panels opened, all seems good. I need to confirm that the translites have a film that needs to be peeled off (the speaker panels do, that's why the DMD window looks blue), I was told they would, but didn't want to open one I was gonna ship, keep it minty for ya. (Every translite is polybagged with the cards inside to keep them safe from rubbing against the speaker panel in the box.)

Have a friend I need to hook up tonight though, so we'll test it on his.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#470 10 years ago

What would you like to see? I posted pics of the two unboxed parts above, not sure what else to show at this point. Happy to oblige though, just let me know.

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What would you like to see?

Ooooh, provocative!

#472 10 years ago

More pics of the translite installed in a game would be nice. Cheers for the work you have done here.

#473 10 years ago

Good work! Just like the others, I can't wait to install this, not that I think the original art was horrid, this will tie in better with the comic art of the rest of the machine.

As a compliment to you, I never really considered a Shadow for my collection (I wanted a WH20 or FS next), but after I saw these designs I had to have one. I bought the pin a week ago and I'm loving it, it's very challenging!

Now I have 3 machines in my collection! Thanks again!!!

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

More pics of the translite installed in a game would be nice. Cheers for the work you have done here.

What he said! Guess I'm just excited to put these on the machine, especially bc my wire forms and gun are coming back at the same time from Mike Chestnut. Nice work! Would be a good idea to repost pics on a machine as a refresher.

#476 10 years ago

Okay, I'll take some more pics, but you guys will be able to post your own for people soon. This is all I have handy at the moment, and they don't really look remotely accurate, will take more, they were just on my phone already:

image-831.jpgimage-831.jpgimage-804.jpgimage-804.jpgimage-599.jpgimage-599.jpg

#477 10 years ago

A couple of people have asked me to let them know if I see a Shadow, so just posting here that there's one in MI in this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-a-bunch-of-games-cus-ill-never-get-to-them-all-n-im-out-of-room

#478 10 years ago

I'm super stoked and can't wait to get this set. Although I prefer cool whites, I'd love to see pics with warm too .

I don't expect you to be that accommodating though, lol.

#479 10 years ago

It's nice living down the street from this man!

Great work Aurich

20131030_012542[1].jpg20131030_012542[1].jpg 20131030_013934[1].jpg20131030_013934[1].jpg
#481 10 years ago

Awesome work Aurich!
Can't wait

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

When ill they ship?

Working on packing them today. Started last night but didn't get very far, most of the time was spent trying to get addresses to batch print. Stamps.com software is horrible if anyone was wondering, gonna drop paying for it.

I just have a bunch of orders to get through, so we'll see how long it takes, but I'm gonna get them out as soon as I can now that I have them all. Hana9so is around the corner, so he got to cheat and stop by last night to get his.

#483 10 years ago

I think you should go in alphabetical order based on screen name.

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

I think you should go in alphabetical order based on screen name.

...in reverse order, of course.

#485 10 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

...in reverse order, of course.

Yes, like so:

F, Z, Y, X, W...

#487 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working on packing them today. Started last night but didn't get very far, most of the time was spent trying to get addresses to batch print. Stamps.com software is horrible if anyone was wondering, gonna drop paying for it.
I just have a bunch of orders to get through, so we'll see how long it takes, but I'm gonna get them out as soon as I can now that I have them all. Hana9so is around the corner, so he got to cheat and stop by last night to get his.

Hey Aurich don't forget to add that shooter rod to my shipping order. If you're gonna sell it to me.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Hey Aurich don't forget to add that shooter rod to my shipping order. If you're gonna sell it to me.

Right, it won't fit in the same package, so I'll have to pack it separately. These translite boxes are pretty thin.

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right, it won't fit in the same package, so I'll have to pack it separately. These translite boxes are pretty thin.

Oh ok thanks though. Love the translight /speaker combo. This thing is worth every penny.

#490 10 years ago

Also looking forward to getting this

#491 10 years ago

I had no idea how much packing tape and box assembly I was going to go through when I started this project.

#492 10 years ago

Less complaining and more packing Aurich! )don;t forget my special request on mine)

#493 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Less complaining and more packing Aurich! )don;t forget my special request on mine)

Yeah, I was just pondering how to do that, I think I'll just have to open yours and peel the protective film off it.

I'm about to start another round of boxes before I have to go coach soccer practice.

#494 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, I'll take some more pics, but you guys will be able to post your own for people soon. This is all I have handy at the moment, and they don't really look remotely accurate, will take more, they were just on my phone already:

image-804.jpg 964 KB

Elvira (EATPM) down to her skivvies

#496 10 years ago

Nice...got her all stripped down

#497 10 years ago

If you want down to the skivvies, check out the EATPM topless version I did of the playfield I did for someone.

That shadow backbox looks brite. I think it would look better if he pulled out about half of those LED's from in back. Will cut down on glass glare drastically as well.

#498 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you want down to the skivvies, check out the EATPM topless version I did of the playfield I did for someone.
That Shadow backbox looks brite. I think it would look better if he pulled out about half of those LED's from in back. Will cut down on glass glare drastically as well.

JUST SWITCH TO WARM LEDS

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Haha yes. Also, that Elvira there looks as good as she does now thanks to CaptainNeo, who kindly provided me with a scan so I could waterslide decal her back to life.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've seen it in another thread...was trying to lighten the mood until we get out new translites. We are all very anxious….Aurich has done a marvelous job

There are 1,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.