(Topic ID: 263156)

The shadow - missing pinballs, please help?!?!

By Johncare07

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

When a shot is made over the sanctum and the magnet activates, the brick will comes downs and the locks just fine. What happens next is bizarre. The machine says, ‘pinball missing’ on the DMD.

I put the machine in test mode and verified that the micro switches that the balls rollover register just fine. Anyone have any ideas? I’m stumped.

PS. There is no “test error or credit dot”

Thanks for any help.

#2 4 years ago

Is the switch in the lock area working?

#3 4 years ago

My Shadow is having issues with the lock mech being magnetized. The ball goes into the lock, but I have to give the machine a good bump before the ball will settle in the lock and I'll get a new ball served. Could be something similar here.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

My Shadow is having issues with the lock mech being magnetized. The ball goes into the lock, but I have to give the machine a good bump before the ball will settle in the lock and I'll get a new ball served. Could be something similar here.

this could just be a switch adjustment in the lock area. I think there are 3 and sometimes they just need adjustment. Mine did this after I got my cleared playfield installed.

#5 4 years ago

Credit dot does not always trigger when there is a fault. Often it only triggers when a switch has not been activated through a bunch of games. Go into the switch test and test the lock switches with a ball.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

this could just be a switch adjustment in the lock area. I think there are 3 and sometimes they just need adjustment. Mine did this after I got my cleared playfield installed.

Thanks! I figured a magnetism issue since my ball trough was sticking as well until I added a plastic shim. I need to do a tear down and deep clean anyway so I'd been putting off too much troubleshooting. I'll do some switch adjustment first and go from there.

#7 4 years ago

Like woody said, adjust the switches. I cleared my playfield as well and once and a while I still get issues. The ball rests above the switch or something. have to bump it. They should have used optos up there in all honesty. The microswitches are a pain.

#8 4 years ago

I had this exact same problem and it turned out to be a trough opto. Repaired opto and added a trough shim. Problem has not recurred.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-missing-pinballs-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.