Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Bought the game a couple days ago and everything seems to be working except for when you choose the rewards for the left ramp on startup, it's always 10 million or whatever is on the left of the screen even if the right choice is lit such as Vengence, lite extra ball etc...
Thought maybe a sticking switch on one of the two ramps but if I make it up the four ramps, it does go into the vengence mode which makes me think the switch is working. Any help would be much appreciated

#2 4 years ago

So just to be clear, even when you hit the 2nd flipper button to change the ramp diverter it stays on the left option?

#3 4 years ago

No, it changes the display back and forth from 10 million to vengence, lite extra ball etc, switches the ramp as it should but the reward is always whatever is on the left screen, like it doesn't recognize what is lit on the right side

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from lowcountryearl:

No, it changes the display back and forth from 10 million to vengence, lite extra ball etc, switches the ramp as it should but the reward is always whatever is on the left screen, like it doesn't recognize what is lit on the right side

Hmm...does the left ramp give you the left right award by chance

#6 4 years ago

Well, not sure the ramp has opto's, maybe just the two micro switches but again just got the game a few days ago so I'm not 100% on that

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

ramp optos good?

Well, not sure the ramp has opto's, maybe just the two micro switches but again just got the game a few days ago so I'm not 100% on that

Well if it's actually giving him an award then it's tripping a switch, we just need to make sure it's the correct switch. So first see if they are mixed up like I said, or just go in to test mode and see what switches are activated when pressing them. Lets try the easy stuff first before we start looking for battery corrosion (DUH DUH DUUUUUH) and shit like that

#8 4 years ago

Copy that, will mess with it a little when I get home. I'll take the glass off and hand roll a ball across boths ramps and see if the switches are reversed, not quite good enough to purposely hit the ramps everytime

#9 4 years ago

As others mentioned, go into switch test and diagnose. Could be that two switches are being registered at once in the switch matrix because of a bad diode or short, etc.

#10 4 years ago

I can do that, may take me some time to figure out how to do that, been out of the game for 15 years or so but I do have a manual. I read and searched through "The Shadow" forum but nothing came up, was hoping to get a "this is a common issue" from someone
I appreciate all the replies, great folks on this website!

#11 4 years ago

Turn on machine, open coin door, press the menu button from the panel inside the door. Go to Tests > Switch tests, and then manually press each switch to see if the result corresponds to the correct switch and / or the machine is registering two switches at the same time.

#12 4 years ago

It is probably not the optos, but both ramps do have a opto. Look at the holes half way up each ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-little-help-please?hl=lowcountryearl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.