Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm having a problem with the right hand side shot registering on the left phurba ramp, the balls appears to actually jump the switch on the wire form, I can't see an obvious fix for it, is this a common problem?

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

Very common problem. Replace the factory switch with a straight wire switch from Pinball Life. The extra length of the wire will insure the switch is triggered every time.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#3 9 years ago

You can replace the switch with a 12-smsb or 12-smsw (which is longer). These are available at Marco. Or you can make the modification shown in the following thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-left-ramp-switch-mod

#4 9 years ago

^^^Have same issue... Love your idea, Thanks!!!

HELP : On another note, I'm having an issue when the game has been played for a while, the machine starts to act strangely. It seems like its warming up and the coils start to act funny. The lock ball magnet won't through the ball forward, even though it's done it previously during play. The left flipper starts to hesitate and the upper playfield action does the same. All this happens at the same time during the game play after we've been at it for at least 10-20 games. Any insight would help. If it was only one issue with a single coil, I think it would be more mechanical. But with several issues happening randomly during extensive game play, I'm thinking it's something more involved.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

^^^Have same issue... Love your idea, Thanks!!!
HELP : On another note, I'm having an issue when the game has been played for a while...

You may need Lloyd for this one, but check the white molex connectors where they attach to the power board. Look for discoloration which could be a sign of overheating and a pin socket that needs replacing. Make sure all molexes are fully inserted by removing and re-attaching.

#6 9 years ago

Also check molexes at fliptronics board, especially J901 I have had a similar magnet problem that was caused by a bad opto in the ball through. Don't forget to run switch and solenoid tests. If you don't have a manual you can download one from the Internet Pinball Database.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

You may need Lloyd for this one, but check the white molex connectors where they attach to the power board. Look for discoloration which could be a sign of overheating and a pin socket that needs replacing. Make sure all molexes are fully inserted by removing and re-attaching.

Thanks! I'll try that first... Lloyd second, it's Sunday and even Lloyd needs a day off here and there.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Also check molexes at fliptronics board, especially J901 I have had a similar magnet problem that was caused by a bad opto in the ball through. Don't forget to run switch and solenoid tests. If you don't have a manual you can download one from the Internet Pinball Database.

Will do...

#9 9 years ago

You also light verify your 12v unregulated is stable. If the circuit over heats it might get weak as it's left on and could cause most these issues due to not driving the optos properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-left-phurba-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.