• Latest reply 3 years ago by SNES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A0AD108D-0BA8-4835-97E1-B656E9FE0855 (resized).jpeg
2A9B6038-CB49-4794-AA6F-21F08AC3FF52 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Sounds somewhat similar to an error I recently had on mine. Everything tested working as well. On mine, the switch that reads the wall up needed adjustment. The metal arm that pushes the wall up would come down and activate the switch making the game think the wall was down when it wasn’t. Made the game do a lot of weird things with the sanctum lock. Worth a look as it is a pretty quick and easy fix if it works. Good luck!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I won’t be back over there until Friday as the location It’s at is currently shut down so we are making Friday our fix the broken games day. I think it might be something to do with the wall down switch now that I think about it. After I freed the arm and observed it falling. The arm ran into that switch blade so it might be triggering the wall as down and up at the same time. This is my first time ever seeing this game so can someone explain what the wall is supposed to do ie what is supposed to trigger the up and down?

That switch activated is “wall down” and inactivated is “wall up.” Just make sure the metal arm isn’t activating the switch. The target is supposed to activate the switch when it comes down and not the arm. I just bent my switch a little bit so it missed the metal arm while still getting hit by the target and all was good. Hopefully that is your problem because it is a super easy fix. I spent hours messing with mine and finally realized the issue and facepalmed myself haha

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

On an unrelated note. I had never seen or played one of these before. It was a blast and I think I want one now. I love the mini playfield on this one and it has pretty good shots!

I just picked one up a couple months ago and I had never played it before I bought. Didn’t expect much, but was blown away with the shots. I got three machines at the same time (Jackbot and R911) and Shadow is by far the family’s favorite. I honestly thought I was going to flip shadow to pay for the lot and get the other two for effectively free, but it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, I keep buying more stuff for it haha

1 week later
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

And the wall down switch was the culprit. Adjusted so the arm wasn’t triggering and I witnessed a very cool lock mechanism for the first time![quoted image]

Nice! Glad it was the easy fix!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SNES.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-help?tu=SNES and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.