You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-1-218.jpeg
image.jpg
IMAG0766.jpg
image.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i don't think my definition of repaired and your's are the same.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

This could be repaired with about $4 worth of enamel paint and a $10 can of spray clear from the auto parts store. Repaired the spots on FREDDY and Stargate where the ball drops from the wireforms to the inlanes, with this method. FREDDY has withstood over a year of play with no damage.
I'd repair it before trying to sell or else you are going to get lowball offers

What spray clear did you use? A bit off-topic, but I want to repair my headlights and clear the fix, but not willing to spend 300 to have it done at a repair shop

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

What spray clear did you use? A bit off-topic, but I want to repair my headlights and clear the fix, but not willing to spend 300 to have it done at a repair shop

i'll PM you a pic when I get home. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

This could be repaired with about $4 worth of enamel paint and a $10 can of spray clear from the auto parts store. Repaired the spots on FREDDY and Stargate where the ball drops from the wireforms to the inlanes, with this method. FREDDY has withstood over a year of play with no damage.
I'd repair it before trying to sell or else you are going to get lowball offers

Might give that a try, certainly can't hurt at this point. Spraying clear onto the pf sounds a bit scary..

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Might give that a try, certainly can't hurt at this point. Spraying clear onto the pf sounds a bit scary..

Could hurt a lot at this point actually

#56 9 years ago

That area is all solid colors and easy to paint match. I was able to get my spray clear nice, smooth and shiny with fine grit samdpaper and a novus 2 buff.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

take a pic of the two shadows side by side for us.

Shit just got real.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#58 9 years ago

I hope you swap those gun handles!

#59 9 years ago

^^^I've seen some ugly MODs before but... ^^^
Chrome It!

#60 9 years ago

Could both of you be a little more vague?

#61 9 years ago

I'll raise you! I was in a similar situation not long ago. Although the recent image of dual BBBs has us both beat....

IMAG0766.jpgIMAG0766.jpg
#62 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Did away with Baldy.

#64 9 years ago

I think I hated Shadow originally b/c a) I sucked at pinball when I first played it and it was a PAPA Circuit event one that was set up hard and b) too much Baldwin

Love the alt translite! Hm it's still for sale eh? See ya at league tomorrow, I'll talk to you about it some

#65 9 years ago

I think you should make one with Steven Or Billy Baldwin just to mess with people's' heads!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I think I hated Shadow originally b/c a) I sucked at pinball when I first played it and it was a PAPA Circuit event one that was set up hard and b) too much Baldwin
Love the alt translite! Hm it's still for sale eh? See ya at league tomorrow, I'll talk to you about it some

Gene, still available. A few offers today, but nothing solid yet. See you tmrw.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I hope you swap those gun handles!

you want him to take the Mark Chesnutt plated one off the good one and put it on the one he's selling? That's silly.

put the lightning flippers from BSD on that extra shadow just to see how much harder they are to play with. They aren't really supposed to be on BSD.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

you want him to take the Mark Chesnutt plated one off the good one and put it on the one he's selling? That's silly.

Mike, Mike Chestnut. And I think you have it backwards, the green gun is on the one he's selling. Basing that on A) He put my translite on, and B) the lockdown bar is chromed.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Now we're talkin'!

Cheers.
th-1-218.jpegth-1-218.jpeg

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mike, Mike Chestnut. And I think you have it backwards, the green gun is on the one he's selling. Basing that on A) He put my translite on, and B) the lockdown bar is chromed.

My bad. Mark Chesnutt is a country singer. lol.

The good (not green) gun is on the one he's keeping. He should keep it that way. Not confused, i am. Or am I?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah check flipper area...

Yep. This.

That kind of flipper wear really drag down the price (unfortunitely). Makes me scratch my head as to how it got this bad. Didnt' someone think to adjust the flippers a bit (not op.. but prior owners)?

I'd go $2k tops on this.

#72 9 years ago

GLWTS

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Not confused, i am. Or am I?

Damnit, now I'm confused. Green guns for everyone!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

well I just paid 4500 for one so I dont feel bad about selling this great playing Shadow in the current price range.

I thought you said you already had your "1 time amateur hour mistake"!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I thought you said you already had your "1 time amateur hour mistake"!

Please show me another zero wear clear coated shadow.

#76 9 years ago

Shadow is worth it, I'm jealous, you did well.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Please show me another zero wear clear coated Shadow.

ignore him. you did fine. stevenp likes to agitate. I don't even think he means anything by it. it's just his thing.

#78 9 years ago

Personal taste I guess, I have Mike Chestnut plated hardware on my IJ. On TS i'd rather have the green powder coated gun that Matt from Backalley did.

#79 9 years ago

I am mixed.. I sort of got use to the green gun. Maybe I will just do my own powder coating on the new one at some point.

#80 9 years ago

Someone in the bay area buy this Shadow!!! its a fantastic machine I have played it many times

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I have one with the original Diamond Plate clear on mine, and I have seen some that were repaired and then re clear-coated. Not that it matters, as a repaired one is just as strong, but did you ever verify if yours had been repaired or not?

#82 9 years ago

I do not know the origins or this PF.

One thing I can say about my machine for sale is that it plays better than the new one. I am going to tweak the new one to be perfect but the machine for sale plays amazing. I can say 100% this machine is not leaving my hands for less than $2500. If I sit on it for a while so be it.

#83 9 years ago

I agree it is hard to part with any Shadow at this point. A repaired, re-cleared playfield may even be stronger than how they were originally. Either way you picked up a very nice example. And I don't see how this one couldn't be repaired and cleared. It shouldn't last long.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Don't worry about what people say. You are happy with the purchase and that is all that matters. Some people just can't help but to piss on other peoples cheerios. I seen and played your Shadow and it's worth the money. If I already didn't have a nice Shadow I would have got it myself.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I am mixed.. I sort of got use to the green gun. Maybe I will just do my own powder coating on the new one at some point.

Black nickel is the way to go

#86 9 years ago

Double post so oh well a free bump for ya

#87 9 years ago

one way or the other this machine will be sold tomorrow. thanks for the entertainment.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

one way or the other this machine will be sold tomorrow

#90 9 years ago

Congrats! Your new machine looks sweet, Shadow's a keeper and I think you made the right call upgrading.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-for-saletrade-sf-bay-area/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.