IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8621 2 years ago

I've thought about adding Shadow to my collection for a while and have the opportunity to pick one up in the near future.

I am curious though, what current owners think on lastability in the home? From a gameplay standpoint, I like the uniqueness of the layout.

I would be curious, though, how owners would compare gameplay and lastability to modern games, specifically Stranger Things pro, Guardians pro, or something like Ironman?

Any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated

#8630 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I recently tested the illuminated window mod that pinballjj created to compliment my cityscape decal... And it complements perfectly. I have it synced with the battlefield flasher and it really creates a striking effect, Sanctum multiball starts with an even more impressive crescendo.
Check this out! (you can see it activate at the 11 second mark):

Is that city shape decal or the brick that I've seen on some still available as a mod?

#8633 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That is the cityscape decal, with a clear plastic overlay with engravings where the windows are, which illuminates when the flash goes off.

I know. It looks good. I was just wondering if you can still buy the decal if you have a game with nothing back there?

#8642 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The decal is one I produced and made available to a number of Pinsiders to buy a year or so back. I don't have any more in stock, but will be doing a reprinting later this month. So to your question, yes a decal will be available.

Ok, thanks! I don't own one yet but am considering it and hope I can join the club soon. Will let you know.

1 week later
#8688 2 years ago

It looks like I soon be joining the club. I'm excited and have been debating a few things I want to ask you guys since I'll be a newbie and don't know the game very well yet.
I know sanctum wear is very common. It looks like the Sanctum on the game I'm buying has some wear that has probably been touched up at some point. I noticed a round, green decal mod to cover any wear in that area and am debating whether that would be necessary and if you guys think it would be a negative there vs. a decal that color matches the area?

I'm attaching a picture of the area and whether you guys think any additional touch up is eveb necessary. Any insight is appreciated.
received_834126893886723.jpegreceived_834126893886723.jpeg

#8692 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put Mylar over there and call it a day.

Thanks guys! I don't have the game yet and will post better pictures once I do. Glad to hear it appears things there look okay.

#8703 2 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion on replacing the standard red flasher covers with purple? I a thinking of going that route once my game is here.

Also, where can I buy purple covers and what type do I need to get for Shadow?

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I've done it, and strongly recommend.

Thanks for the feedback guys. These are the correct ones, right? Six total for Shadow?

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/flasher-domes/purple-flasher-dome-with-tabs-03-8149-18/

#8714 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I agree. Purple is better.
There is film on the white background pic, but these are hard to photo.
Think of it like tinted optical Eyewear.
The games that they work best on is still being discovered.
I'll let Joe, and the big guys figure it out.
It's just neat to see new plastic, and many like myself need to see it in person.

I think I'm going to put purple led's in the game mode inserts as well (currently white). What type of bulbs do I need for those inserts?

What are thoughts on purple led's in the upper GI (under the cityscape art)? Would that be too much purple with purple flasher domes?

#8716 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Comet purple passion in the inserts. I've tested but advise against a purple LED strip above the cityscape... A white works best.

Thanks! I didn't mean at the back with a strip. I was referring to the GI bulbs above the slings (under the factory city building art).

Any thoughts on purple there? It looks like maybe oldpinguy has purple under his in the picture above.

1 week later
#8756 2 years ago

My Shadow arrived yesterday. I’m now officially a member of the club! Great layout and game.

I haven’t been able to play it much so far but there are a few things I have questions about. One thing I notice is when the ball hits the magnet and is going to get pulled into The Sanctum, I hear a loud motor inside the cabinet activate until it is pulled inside. Is it normal for that motor to be that loud or does mine have an issue?

Also, one of the ring led lights is out. Does anyone know what type of led goes in there? I will need to order a replacement. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

6D2BD33E-8356-4E96-8788-F41A223AA946 (resized).jpeg6D2BD33E-8356-4E96-8788-F41A223AA946 (resized).jpegA49E9968-2435-4E91-9257-918A7DF6986A (resized).jpegA49E9968-2435-4E91-9257-918A7DF6986A (resized).jpeg
#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No motor involved in that. Maybe the magnet is a bit loose and vibrating when energized? Should not really be much of a noise.

Yeah, it is actually pretty loud and coming from inside the cabinet. Can the magnet cause that much noise just by being loose? It doesn't sound good. Could the coil issue that pops up be related (attached picture).

There are some issues that need to be worked out with this game inckuding the drop target switch in front of the battefield VUK. The ball keeps getting stuck on top of the drop target. Test menu does indicate a switch issue so hopefully that is the cause.

20210807_120918 (resized).jpg20210807_120918 (resized).jpg20210807_120924 (resized).jpg20210807_120924 (resized).jpg
#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes pretty common for Shadow's to have the magnet noise when throwing the ball into sanctum lock - as other's have suggested make sure it's installed nice & tight.
The battlefield drop target is same as the single drop target on your IJ, while the extended wall target to Sanctum lock is a different mech. The drop target issues are common - firstly there is an adjustment screw on the bottom of the mech (red arrow in the pic) that adjusts the height of the dropped target to be flush with the PF, this will stop the ball getting stuck there. There are a number of reasons why there is a switch issue, often the switch actuator arm (in the green circle) gets bent or is in the wrong position - it works by the tab on the back of the plastic target (blue arrow) activating the switch.
[quoted image]

This is great information. Glad to know these issues are common and very fixable. I will tfy to get these things adjusted and report back tomorrow. Thank you!

#8787 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what size led goes in the rings? One of mine is out and I need to order a replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.