IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#329 10 years ago

Starting to save my money now so that I can join this club, hopefully in the spring... Even on the maybe for the alt translite. Hoping prices stay sane till then...

4 weeks later
#351 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

The Shadow is a 5 ball game according to the user manual. I can't confirm or remember and not at home right now.

Has to use more than 3 since sanctum is a 3 ball multiball

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lol, didn't even read the 3 balls part right, yes, it's a 5 ball game. Hopefully it's that simple.

Final Battle is 5 ball multiball.

Never got there...

2 months later
#497 10 years ago

Slightly off topic but the 1911 is a damn sexy gun. Blast to shoot as well. If I ever own a handgun it will be a 1911.

2 months later
#666 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wow there's a Shadow that has actually seen some play! That mode start shot is so tight half my friends that come over rarely even hit it more than a couple times

Try back handing it. I can hit it pretty consistently on location. Still looking for one for myself though.

1 month later
#709 10 years ago

Manually actuate the coil for the ball trough.

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

I tried that and nothing happened. Must have been because I had the door open. Will try again tomorrow (bit late now in this part of the world) and don't want to wake the house up!
Had a read of the game manual and managed to locate this switch. Numbered 55, which of course is what the error code told me! All very useful learning experience.
Looks like I can get the part here http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=379
A $2.75 switch but $40 shipping
I guess I should stock up on a few. Any other of these parts I should be keeping in the tool kit? I have already ordered new balls, rubbers, led's and a few other bits and pieces from Marco which shipped yesterday.

You should be able to find it some place a little local. I know I can order parts like that from China on ebay.

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have on on my Shadow too, but it's kinda sticky, doesn't reliably fall down to stop the balls. I should look at it more closely I guess.

I have one in every machine that supports it. works great. maybe yours is gunked up...

1 month later
#786 10 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Anybody ever noticed that after youve put over 2k plays on Shadow, when you start the game, the sayings arent always said. Mine for example, for the longest time it just quit saying the two sayings when you start a game, it would literally just be the piano or a long laugh. I thought the sound roms were going bad, so i took em out and cleaned up one by one, and it didnt change anything. I had over 3k plays on it at the time, and I reset the cpu, and the sayings came back every game, however I just hit over 2k plays again, and they went back to not saying them everytime you play the game again, wierd I dont know.

Maybe it is like a credit dot but a way to judge plays.

1 month later
#845 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Never had that problem with mine. Here's hoping. Either your bulbs are bad or you've for an electrical issue.

Actually I have heard that this happens often for some people. Some have no problems at all. Either way we need an led solution for them... I will investigate once I get mine. Was supposed to go this weekend but cracked an axle on my car. Talked to the seller and they said they would hold it for me. Nice guy!

1 week later
#858 9 years ago

Never beat a target on any that I played. Oh and I brought mine home yesterday. Too busy to get it set up tonight but tomorrow it is on!

#859 9 years ago

So I need to shop my shadow. It has full mylar, sanctum is in great shape! Have one burning question, white or black rubber? I usually use white on my games but not sure what this game would play better with.
Also for those that used leds in the GI, did it affect the dimming that this game does so incredibly well? Really do not want to compromise that. Not usually a fan of leds for GI but figured I would ask.

#863 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Unless you have one of herg's GI boards then yes, no dimming with LEDs.

is that the GI OCD?

#866 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right. Without it you need to turn off all GI dimming effects, they'll just cause some nasty flickering with LEDs. I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the GI OCD in person, but I do have one of his LED OCD boards for inserts, and it's awesome.

Cost is too much for me to justify right now. Incandescence will work for me for now. If you do get one let us know.

#868 9 years ago

So it seems my left phurba really smacks the ramp in both directions. Is there an adjustment for this? I would really rather not have it putting undue stress on the ramp.

#870 9 years ago

So in my research the only way to adjust the diverters travel is to change the coil stops. Not sure if I had the correct ones so I ordered 4. Marco wanted $12 each so I went elsewhere. Ordered a bunch of other parts that I needed.
Also pertaining to the battle field target reset discussion two of mine are slow to go down thus causing the reset to be slow. I ordered the parts needed to clean them up and have faith it will be as fast as others I have played. I will try to keep people up on the progress I make with both of these items as it seems to be a common problem. Also a bolt was snapped off on the bracket for the drop targets. Luckily Marco had this and I ordered one. The fix was to stuff PBR invoices in there to hold the coil stop.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18781

#877 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You may want to check the condition of the hole in the crank arm. It is a high wear area.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18983

detail.jpg 4 KB

Thanks, ordered one of these last night. The left diverter has a fair amount of play in it. Hope that is what is doing it.

#879 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mine too. That is how I discovered the problem. When the diverter doesn't always come to rest in the same position, chances are this is the culprit. I may have to go home and install the new one I recieved.

I probably should have ordered two but the right diverter seems ok. The damn coil stops were almost as expensive. If I dont need them at least I will have them for the future.

#918 9 years ago

So people who have consistent issues with the battlefield not resetting targets fast enough. This is 100% not how the game should play. Played shadow on location this weekend and not once did I get the ball behind the battlefield. Mine at home is having that issue though. It seems that the targets drop too slow. I ended up tearing my battlefield apart and degreasing it, replaced springs, etc. It helped one of the targets but the other three are still too slow to play the battlefield. I guess I will replace the washers and stuff. If the drop targets were still available I would replace those as well. So annoying not having even a remote chance of beating the battlefield with one ball...

#920 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Every once in a long while my ball is bouncing so fast it beats the targets. I take a different approach and try to bounce it off the side instead of head-on. The ball moves slower that way and triggers more hits from the sides.

My targets are just sluggish on the drop. Have a few more things to try. May also try to use some graphite...

#923 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Let us know what you come up with -- sounds like the majority of the Shadows out there have at least some lag on the battlefield targets so if there's a solution we'd love to hear it!

I am going to tumble the bracket as well. so it will be a few days but that combined with some sort of dry lubricant should do the trick.

#928 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is the exact same with my game. The targets almost always reset fast enough, but every once in a great while the ball moves so fast that it beats the target. Like you, I have found hitting the ball on the edge of the kicker to be the best strategy, albeit not nearly as much fun.

that is normal it seems. from talking to a-division players it should happen very rarely. mine has happened every time i get to the battle field.

2 weeks later
#968 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Hahaha... Tamoore checking into the club, and checking out! Shadow is a great game, but I got it specifically to trade for a game on my forever keeper list! I still get to play it for three weeks before the trade happens..

You will regret it...

1 month later
#991 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi guys!
Anyone know where I can get hold of the face (or whole assembly) of the standup targets for the battlefield?
The part number is A-18379-6. But I can't seem to find them anywhere!
Transparent ones in red or yellow would also work...
Axl

If you mean the actual targets with the metal flap on the top they are no longer available.

2 months later
#1131 9 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hi members,
now i also got a Shadow much to work onit.
But there is one ring missing does anybody know where i can get this rings ?
thanks
Mike

They are not currently being remade. Most people will not part with their spares. I know I won't.

#1140 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

I think I found out why my enter left ramp opto isn't working. I suspect someone has reversed transmitter and receiver and soldered them other way around.
What side should the white one be, left or right? On my right ramp white one is on the left side. On my
left ramp (not working) white one is on the right side.
White is transmitter, right?

I will try to get back to you on this if no one else does. I will be home late tonight, about 15 hours from now. If I forget just remind me.

#1143 9 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

if i don't find one i think about to make an other ring with this (ebay) and some plastic

ring.jpg 14 KB

If someone wasnt so C&D crazy I would gladly cast my spare and make reproductions.

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think if you emailed pps they may not care if you make the rings. Many need them. Never hurts to try.

Doubtful. They would likely require a license cut that would cause the price to be astronomical.

#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

That won't be an issue if it's identified properly. If you have interest and the ability to make them do it. People will buy them. Dealers will buy them too. I would buy one.

My friend and I have the ability to make them. I will see what he says. I am not going to go it alone.

Quoted from Carl_694:

How are the rings licensed? There's no logos on them or anything. Any copyright is expired also, right?

No idea but I really don't want to deal with the BS legal that could happen.

#1152 9 years ago

Discussing the rings with my buddy. The gem on the top appears to be a custom insert. Not sure if that is available any longer. Not a lot of good if I can recreate the ring without the gem...

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

the gem can be 3d printed with transparent red resin. I was thinking about taking on this project. I still may.

Would it turn out well enough? I was thinking it would need to be molded in clear resin with red tint. Even then would need a vacuum chamber to get the bubbles out.

1 week later
#1171 9 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

165.00?
That's a bit to much for me but it is a cool design.

This is pinball man! Expect to get bled dry by every single mod!

#1183 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If I send it to you will it ruin the ring I send? Oh also how could you go about plating the silver look of it?
Oh I see you said metallic paint, im not sure how good that would come out.

Really it should be dipped.

1 month later
#1243 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

There is a Shadow cabinet that has been on eBay for a long time now. It got me thinking, are all the parts out there to make a new Shadow? Except maybe the ramps(?)

Maybe but you would spend a ton doing it. Don't be foolish with such a cheap game, just buy one already built.

#1280 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Does anyone know where to get the city-scape back board decal? I saw one on RonB's Shadow and I think it was mentioned he got it on e-bay but I can't find them anywhere. Anyone have a lead on these?

I have that and it is not worth the money at all. Someone on here redrew it. Ask them if they will send you the files. The plastic is very low quality and the holes are not drilled correctly... Save your money...

#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Wow, good to know. I was just about to pull the trigger too. Do you have any idea who on here redrew it?

Chrisg. He posted in this thread somewhere but considering it is 26 pages probably take a bit to find it.

#1286 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Nice, thanks! I'll search the thread for it.

Well he did not post a link in the thread, just stated that he had made it so a pm would be best. I do not want to redistribute other's work without permission.

#1287 9 years ago

So have my shadow cleaned and ready to rock. The only issue now is the shot to the vuk for the battle field rejects. What rubber should be back there? I see in a few pictures that it is blue. Mine is rock hard and a hard shot bounces right back out. It takes an indirect hit to get in there.

1 week later
#1293 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I have one for sale. It was completely restored about 2 years ago. Everything was removed, cleaned, polished, repaired. Sanctum wear was touched up and mylared. The gun was chromed and wireforms were plated by Chestnut. The backbox side decals were replaced, the cabinet art is original and looks good. Inside of the cabinet was sanded, coils had new wrappers put on them, new legs. I have new plastics and plastics protectors but they are not installed. Aurich translite and speaker panel. It's been played a bunch since the restoration but still looks great. Only issue I have is when you lock a ball the next ball doesn't always feed into the shooter lane without a gentle nudge. I'm looking to get $3100.

You would be a fool to not jump on this

#1306 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

3. the lost plastic mod

you could have gotten that for free. someone in this thread drew something similar. the lost plastic mod is crap quality for the price.

3 weeks later
#1367 9 years ago

The wall doesnt drop when the ball hits it. It is code controlled.

1 month later
#1507 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Joined the club! Buyed a Shadow yesterday, will get it in 2 weeks. And ordered a alternate translite today, cause that is one of the things why I overlooked this game in the past.
So the crazy thing is I never played this game before. I hope I will like it and it is as good as you all say here.

It is brutal. Be prepared. You have been warned...

1 month later
#1544 9 years ago

Does anyone have a count for the leds to order for color matching the inserts and bulb types? Only inserts no GI.

1 week later
#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

I actually just got my Shadow at pinfest 2 days ago, and I am also having that problem. But I think I may have a remedy for it. Not sure if it will work but it sure isn't going to hurt. I'm getting two of these...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R
I'm thinkin' maybe with the strengthened target switch it will eliminate the air balls when hitting them. I think the targets in our machines are a bit to weak and need that. Again, I could be wrong.
I am also having the problem of the ball falling off of the middle ramp in the game, which i'm told seems to be a bit common. The only Shadow set up at pinfest I played had a little mechanism with a wire to stop this. The guy I talked to said it was common, So I will have to find out where to get one of these thing's now to remedy that. No big deal though, these things happen.
Can any fellow Shadow club members help us out with some info on this??? I would love to know the best way to fix these up since I will be doing a full shop of my machine in the near future.

I do not really get airballs on my shadow from the targets so cannot comment. Regarding the ball falling off I assume you mean the habitrail. If that is the case I have read about this but my machine does not have this issue. Is your wireform perhaps bent?

#1565 8 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

here is the switch I was talking about on ebay..
ebay.com link
This may just work, I will order it and try.

You can get that switch pretty much anywhere for much cheaper.

2 months later
#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anybody know what the legality is of remaking some of these parts via 3D printer, or other methods (welding new ramps, etc) and offering them on pinside for sale as a side hobby? I'd assumed that companies remaking some of these parts had bought rights to do so but on a very small scale of just offering them not really for profits but just to have them available is that at all legal trademark/rights-wise?

Depends if pps notices...

#1687 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

There should be a site where others could find out what is quietly getting made......

That would defeat the purpose...

#1715 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Not if you know what country to host the server in......

Would your list include the people producing them? If so then the purpose would be defeated.

#1718 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

That would be up to the seller. However, I would recommend against that. By the way, this same thing has pretty much been done in every other hobby/industry since the advent of the internet. I'm not sure why it seems like such a foreign concept to some.

Because certain rights holders are crazy.

1 week later
#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Nice! Are you satisfied with the quality? Where did you pick this one up?

Someone in this thread redrew it. Message them and they will give it to you for free. I have the lost plastic and it is garbage for the price. The print is fuzzy and the plastic has dimples and bumps all over it. Also it was cut incorrectly for the flashers. There are registration holes (not really registration but marks where to cut) and they cut them uneven. Do not waste your money on this mod, simply message the person that redrew it, print it and install.

#1809 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That's not the case at all with the one I have. Print is crisp and clear, all holes lined up fine and although it is not plastic, you can see from one of my pics that it is thick and durable. Plus it's not like this piece will get any wear since nothing touches it.
And I tried to find who re-drew this after seeing mentions like you said "someone redrew this", but never a mention of who to contact.

Who ever I bought it from took 3 weeks to ship it. Only did after I started a claim.
Here is the thread where the redraw is mentioned. I have it and it is great. Better than the "plastic" I bought.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tq&tu=chrisg#post-1267035

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=syco54645 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.