IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3243 7 years ago

Joined the Shadow club a few weeks ago. Great game! Two things. Does anyone have a translight they swapped out to an Aurich in great condition that they want to sell cheap? I looked into the Aurich and ultimately decided I don't want to change the original art that much. Also does anyone have info on that city scape plastic for the backboard? Mine has a dragon and while I like it it's a sticker? And looks like it's bubbling off possibly? And lastly, does anyone repro the black plastic that says the battlefield on it? Mine is cracked and needs help. And as long as I'm going what are people's opinion on replating the habitrials chrome instead of brass? I think it would look better! Would love to hear people's opinions on that.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3244 7 years ago

I'm not afraid of a Shadow!

2 months later
#3498 7 years ago

I'd take one also but would want to see it in Action first.

1 year later
#4743 5 years ago

I'm curious if anyone has plated all the ramps and habitrails, etc in chrome and have some pics? Everyone seems to prefer the brass on this game and I am not a fan at all.

#4745 5 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

When i got my stuff plated, Mike talked me out of chrome for the wireforms - making an argument for keeping it more like the original and making it easier to sell if i ever choose to.

I'm not sure what it is but when I look at brass it just looks cheap to me. I've never been a fan of gold or brass. I'm just really curious what a game done all in chrome looks like.

#4751 5 years ago

I encountered a problem tonight with my upper playfield paddle. It stopped kicking the ball forward. I checked the switches and everything is ok except when I go into solenoid T.4 15 Mini Kicker it is not pulsing. Is this the paddle kick? I'm assuming either a wire came loose from the coil or the coil is bad? I just wanted some opinions before i tear the playfield off and try to diagnose.

#4755 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You don't need to "tear the playfield off" to check for a loose or broken wire on the battlefield.
The upper pf will lift up like a car hood. Just remove the thumb screws, before lifting it up. No tools required.

I should have researched this in the manual. I figured it would be a pain to open up.

Lamprey, that was my thinking on the issue. Thanks for the input.

3 weeks later
#4844 5 years ago

My Battlefield black plastic that covers switches and surrounds the upper playfield is cracked and broken into pieces. I've checked all suppliers I could think of and am wondering if anyone has any ideas where to find one? Or does anyone have one laying around in great condition?

2 months later
#4978 5 years ago

I really like that back panel City Scape decal. Mine came with a Dragon, which looks good, but yours looks better.

1 week later
#4996 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to order a Titan rubber ring set for the shadow. What color would people recommend? I’m thinking of going translucent

I think Purple would look good.

1 week later
#5010 5 years ago

Pinstadium is vastly overpriced, offers no real options other than bling, bling and more bling. I asked in his forum why he didn't offer something without all the bells and whistles and he wouldn't even answer and I asked more than once. The only conclusion I can come up with is this guy is a giant money grab. I'd love to see an option to just light the game up better that just turns on and off with the game. At $300+ a pop most can't even afford it.

#5012 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He sure is making bank tho

Truth!

1 month later
#5108 5 years ago

Holy crap Twister I am absolutely in!!! I have been trying to find a replacement battlefield cover for forever! Mine is destroyed and they are unobtanium!

#5127 5 years ago

I would think this would look great in chrome, black chrome or brass. I am not a fan of brass, but would probably look excellent considering the colors in the game and brass habitrails. I'm in on this for sure.

1 week later
#5168 5 years ago

Sweet looking game. Mine came with Yellow flashers and with the the brass I think that looks great. I am really loving the clear titans on this game.

2 weeks later
#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I’m getting my Shadow refurbished. Any suggestions on trim color. Im thinking either black nickel or chrome? I would also do the wireforms etc. all the same.

I am still very interested in seeing someones game that chromed the wireforms. I am not a fan of brass and know it does look good with the color scheme of the game.

3 weeks later
#5368 5 years ago

Have you settled on a price for this? When you are done with it I will get both this and the TZ switch kit at the same time.

1 week later
#5402 5 years ago

I can’t wait for the Shadow Battlefiled apron. Mine is completely broken and off the game. I also can’t wait to see how bad ass it looks in black chrome.

1 month later
#5629 5 years ago

Pinball , Inc was the guy that made all the ramps before he sold to Starship Fantasy. I’ve ordered multiple things from him and his repuatation is stellar within the pinball community.

1 month later
#5724 4 years ago

I asked this awile back and really didn’t get an answer. Has anyone chrome plated the habitrails in the Shadow? Never been much of a fan of the brass. I know people say it fits the game, but I am curious how chrome would look on it. Anyone done it that provide some pics?

#5728 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I chrome plated some for a shadow one time so I know it's been done. I never saw a final picture of it. Black nickel would probably look good also

I’m on the list to get that black chrome battlefield protector, the habitrails would probably look amazing in the black nickel or black chrome to match.

1 week later
#5767 4 years ago

Which is witch? The top picture looks more vibrant and colors deeper to me. But it looks like it’s smoothed out compared to the bottom.

2 months later
#6238 4 years ago

Shoutout to Twister. Got my Shadow battlefield cover and it is even more amazing than I had hoped. Great seller, quick response and shipping was pretty quick with no damage. Anyone on the fence with this product or dealing with Twister should have zero reservations about buying from him.

51C37A07-6307-4630-884B-A222A7E94B7A (resized).jpeg51C37A07-6307-4630-884B-A222A7E94B7A (resized).jpeg
#6241 4 years ago

If you are talking about the sticker I got the gold. I didn’t realize there was a choice.

1 month later
#6333 4 years ago

Has anybody redone wireforms in brass or black chrome? I checked out pinball Plating and love the black chrome and have the black chrome upper playfield shroud. I have never been able to see it in a game though. I checked out the brass and damn it looks sharp. I am torn. I’m curious what others have done or think between the two?

2 months later
#6523 4 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Plating stuff for my re-furb[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not a huge fan of brass but fresh brass on those ball guides looks amazing. I’ve been going back and forth on weather I want to rebrass mine or do black nickel. I have the black nickel plated upper playfield cover that twister made so nickel would match that. I can’t find any decent pictures of one done in nickel though. I’d love to see them when it’s all installed.

2 months later
#6715 4 years ago

I can’t seem to find the switch orientation on the yellow target mech to the upper playfield. I’ve had the switch off for months waiting for the parts to finish it and am stuck. Here are a few pics. Any help would be appreciated.

BCC3FAFA-7AA2-40B6-A506-6F40C99D10AA (resized).jpegBCC3FAFA-7AA2-40B6-A506-6F40C99D10AA (resized).jpegCB5423E8-4521-4E3C-AB3C-CD7829AFAC78 (resized).jpegCB5423E8-4521-4E3C-AB3C-CD7829AFAC78 (resized).jpeg
#6719 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's not the original switch actuator arm - but will work assuming it's long enough to make contact with the plastic drop target. The picture is from the drop target on T2 (hence the black target) but it's the same assembly. Also in the 2nd image item 24 is a plastic guide (red arrow points to it as well), this was used to ensure that the actuator arm remained under the plastic tab of the drop target and didn't get pushed to the side. While not shown in the picture the components that were screwed to the switch bracket are - plastic guide (03-8630), switch, insulator (01-8600) and then the bracket it self.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Manny. That is what I had when I started so it did work before. Whoever worked on it jimmied some screws and such to hold the switch on and I needed to pick up the correct screws. I looked in the Shadow manual and couldn’t find that diagram in there. I’ll check it out when I get home and see if I can get it done.

2 weeks later
#6800 4 years ago

I’m happy with twisters effort. It looks amazing. Because mine never had the cover from the beginning I have no clue why you say that it’s not an exact replica? I’m just happy to have one at all at this point. I will say that I think it would look amazing in brass to match the metal rails. I think I only had the choice of black nickel when I ordered from Twister? Great product either way. I love mine.

2 years later
#10190 1 year ago

My metal switching ramps are beat up pretty good. Has anyone used the Mantis replacements? How would you rate them? Mine need major work.

#10195 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Mantis ramps are worth the money. My ramps were re-welded together from a previous life, but that's one of the things that I want to replace. I put them in a friend's game and they're very nice.

Mine are the same. Have been rewelded and falling apart again. I’m going to try the mantis ramps. I was just more curious if they play the same as the others and the fit is good.

6 months later
#10487 10 months ago

I’m getting ready to shop my Shadow and was wondering if anyone has used mantis amusements ramps and how their experience was? Mine are beat to hell. Also wanting opinions on wireform colors. Have considered having them done in black but the brass looks nice also. I’ve seen a lot of people say doing them black throws off the colors in the game. And lastly does anyone make a full plastic protector for this game or am I only going to get a partial set of protectors?

5 months later
#10737 4 months ago

I’m thinking about replating my wire forms in brass. I’d like to find a brass battlefield shroud but pinball plating doesn’t have any in stock. I have a black one that the guy from Europe made never installed, but I’m thinking I don’t want to do black now. Anyone want to sell their brass plated shroud? Has anyone ever brass plated the ramps also? Curious how that would look. I am a powdercoater by trade but don’t do a lot of custom powder mostly bulk. I just wonder if powder would have the pop of brass? I’d save a ton of money but wonder if it would look good. I’d love to see pictures for inspiration and ideas. Would love to hear opinions and get some ideas.

1 week later
#10770 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have a feeling that someday you might be back. Don't lose any sleep over it though.
[quoted image]

Every time I think I might want to part with mine, I realize I just can’t.

1 month later
#10847 74 days ago

So I’m about to do a major shop job and mini restore to my already really nice shadow. I am a powdercoater by trade and don’t want to spend $450 to have my ball guides brasses when I can powder them myself for $20. My problem is I can’t decide on what to do with them. Black, brassish powder color or something else? Can anyone show me powdercoat on shadow rails? I need ideas and thoughts on this.

#10850 74 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

When can I send you mine?

I wish I could. I work for someone so I can barely do small personal projects for myself.

#10852 74 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just my 2 cents but for Shadow, brass or nothing. You say it's already really nice. I'd leave em.

The brass is tarnished. The game is nice but needs a lot of cleaning and a new set of plastics. I could try to see if I can use some brass polish or something on them.

#10865 73 days ago

I have the upper playfield shroud for Shadow in black nickel I think? Or some kind of black chrome color. Is anyone hanging onto a brass shroud they might sell or trade? This came from a guy on Pinside in Europe who was the only one making them at the time. I’m most likely going to keep the brass look after some back and forth what to do. I’d like to match the shroud with the brass ball guides.

IMG_1456 (resized).jpegIMG_1456 (resized).jpegIMG_1457 (resized).jpegIMG_1457 (resized).jpeg
#10868 68 days ago

Maybe post some more detailed pics? I don’t think you are out of line with what others are asking. I wouldn’t let mine go for less than that personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.