Topic Stats

• 6,521 posts
  • 550 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Elicash
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,720 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191208_194048 (resized).jpg
20191207_222439 (resized).jpg
armature-staked (resized).jpg
armature-loose (resized).jpg
terminal-crimp (resized).jpg
9585A586-ABF3-40DF-9C45-D87EECF62F76.jpeg
20191207_171446 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).png
IMG_20191128_085228 (resized).jpg
6BF1F4D7-1AEC-4149-B7D9-F8C7E0FF3912 (resized).jpeg
07B5FF77-D083-491F-B2D0-E2265BADE01B (resized).jpeg
D2C0D758-F9D5-4430-B74E-AA2DCCD26058 (resized).jpeg
SW_02 (2) (resized).jpg
0D8E8B02-5CDD-4059-8C30-31C7B1A30CCC.jpeg
cityscape decal (resized).jpg
playfield lights 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3243 3 years ago

Joined the Shadow club a few weeks ago. Great game! Two things. Does anyone have a translight they swapped out to an Aurich in great condition that they want to sell cheap? I looked into the Aurich and ultimately decided I don't want to change the original art that much. Also does anyone have info on that city scape plastic for the backboard? Mine has a dragon and while I like it it's a sticker? And looks like it's bubbling off possibly? And lastly, does anyone repro the black plastic that says the battlefield on it? Mine is cracked and needs help. And as long as I'm going what are people's opinion on replating the habitrials chrome instead of brass? I think it would look better! Would love to hear people's opinions on that.

image (resized).jpeg

#3244 3 years ago

I'm not afraid of a Shadow!

2 months later
#3498 2 years ago

I'd take one also but would want to see it in Action first.

1 year later
#4743 1 year ago

I'm curious if anyone has plated all the ramps and habitrails, etc in chrome and have some pics? Everyone seems to prefer the brass on this game and I am not a fan at all.

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

When i got my stuff plated, Mike talked me out of chrome for the wireforms - making an argument for keeping it more like the original and making it easier to sell if i ever choose to.

I'm not sure what it is but when I look at brass it just looks cheap to me. I've never been a fan of gold or brass. I'm just really curious what a game done all in chrome looks like.

#4751 1 year ago

I encountered a problem tonight with my upper playfield paddle. It stopped kicking the ball forward. I checked the switches and everything is ok except when I go into solenoid T.4 15 Mini Kicker it is not pulsing. Is this the paddle kick? I'm assuming either a wire came loose from the coil or the coil is bad? I just wanted some opinions before i tear the playfield off and try to diagnose.

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

You don't need to "tear the playfield off" to check for a loose or broken wire on the battlefield.
The upper pf will lift up like a car hood. Just remove the thumb screws, before lifting it up. No tools required.

I should have researched this in the manual. I figured it would be a pain to open up.

Lamprey, that was my thinking on the issue. Thanks for the input.

3 weeks later
#4844 1 year ago

My Battlefield black plastic that covers switches and surrounds the upper playfield is cracked and broken into pieces. I've checked all suppliers I could think of and am wondering if anyone has any ideas where to find one? Or does anyone have one laying around in great condition?

2 months later
#4978 1 year ago

I really like that back panel City Scape decal. Mine came with a Dragon, which looks good, but yours looks better.

1 week later
#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m about to order a Titan rubber ring set for the shadow. What color would people recommend? I’m thinking of going translucent

I think Purple would look good.

1 week later
#5010 1 year ago

Pinstadium is vastly overpriced, offers no real options other than bling, bling and more bling. I asked in his forum why he didn't offer something without all the bells and whistles and he wouldn't even answer and I asked more than once. The only conclusion I can come up with is this guy is a giant money grab. I'd love to see an option to just light the game up better that just turns on and off with the game. At $300+ a pop most can't even afford it.

#5012 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He sure is making bank tho

Truth!

1 month later
#5108 11 months ago

Holy crap Twister I am absolutely in!!! I have been trying to find a replacement battlefield cover for forever! Mine is destroyed and they are unobtanium!

#5127 11 months ago

I would think this would look great in chrome, black chrome or brass. I am not a fan of brass, but would probably look excellent considering the colors in the game and brass habitrails. I'm in on this for sure.

1 week later
#5168 11 months ago

Sweet looking game. Mine came with Yellow flashers and with the the brass I think that looks great. I am really loving the clear titans on this game.

2 weeks later
#5235 10 months ago
Quoted from brett:

I’m getting my Shadow refurbished. Any suggestions on trim color. Im thinking either black nickel or chrome? I would also do the wireforms etc. all the same.

I am still very interested in seeing someones game that chromed the wireforms. I am not a fan of brass and know it does look good with the color scheme of the game.

3 weeks later
#5368 10 months ago

Have you settled on a price for this? When you are done with it I will get both this and the TZ switch kit at the same time.

1 week later
#5402 9 months ago

I can’t wait for the Shadow Battlefiled apron. Mine is completely broken and off the game. I also can’t wait to see how bad ass it looks in black chrome.

1 month later
#5629 7 months ago

Pinball , Inc was the guy that made all the ramps before he sold to Starship Fantasy. I’ve ordered multiple things from him and his repuatation is stellar within the pinball community.

1 month later
#5724 6 months ago

I asked this awile back and really didn’t get an answer. Has anyone chrome plated the habitrails in the Shadow? Never been much of a fan of the brass. I know people say it fits the game, but I am curious how chrome would look on it. Anyone done it that provide some pics?

#5728 6 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

I chrome plated some for a shadow one time so I know it's been done. I never saw a final picture of it. Black nickel would probably look good also

I’m on the list to get that black chrome battlefield protector, the habitrails would probably look amazing in the black nickel or black chrome to match.

1 week later
#5767 6 months ago

Which is witch? The top picture looks more vibrant and colors deeper to me. But it looks like it’s smoothed out compared to the bottom.

2 months later
#6238 3 months ago

Shoutout to Twister. Got my Shadow battlefield cover and it is even more amazing than I had hoped. Great seller, quick response and shipping was pretty quick with no damage. Anyone on the fence with this product or dealing with Twister should have zero reservations about buying from him.

51C37A07-6307-4630-884B-A222A7E94B7A (resized).jpeg
#6241 3 months ago

If you are talking about the sticker I got the gold. I didn’t realize there was a choice.

1 month later
#6333 58 days ago

Has anybody redone wireforms in brass or black chrome? I checked out pinball Plating and love the black chrome and have the black chrome upper playfield shroud. I have never been able to see it in a game though. I checked out the brass and damn it looks sharp. I am torn. I’m curious what others have done or think between the two?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Newland, NC
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside