IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2958 7 years ago

Celebrate my swapping out that translite why don't ya! : )

4 weeks later
#3009 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Of all the games Ive had, if I had to keep only one game for doing everything in a way that provides endless challenge and entertainment, it would be, The Shadow!

I say that about my Shadow all the time...I let my HEP-AFM go over it...and a myriad of others (SStiff, JD, WWind, TSPP..and on) ...plus I lucked out and got it when it was a lowly title (for god knows what reason)....and it is, I'd say an 8 out of 10 in condition.....paid $1600.....thus I tell the wife, it'd be the last pin standing because the value to play-ability ratio is off the charts....

2 months later
#3264 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The Shadow did not apparently want to welcome me back into the club last night
Luckily with tipping upside down the vast majority of glass didn't get into the game or cabinet, still wanted to cry.

Tommy?!?! WTF?

2 years later
#5377 5 years ago

I'm interested too...

Quoted from Twister:

Short update of my black plastic replacement. All parts are laser cutted and bended.
The first one is welded. I have changed to 1,5mm stainless steel. The next to weeks this part get black chrome.
And I get the first decal for the battlefield. It is not a plastic, it is laser engraved metal.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#5413 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Tell me if you think I'm nuts but planning on modifying my shadow wire form accordingly. Despite extending my switch out further on the wire form and using the long 3 inch actuator on the switch, I still experience the ball jumping the switch. In fact, sometimes the ball is moving so fast it flies off the wire form.
I was thinking about using an old junky wire form to cut out some pieces and extend my wire form where you see the red lines. Was also thinking about relocating the switch from the red box area to the green on the other side of the playfield. Currently I have a zip tie in the yellow box area to help knock down fast balls that are riding high in the wire form and jumping the switch.
I would obviously have to replate my wire form bronze if I weld it up.
This picture isn't of my game btw. [quoted image]

I've never heard of anyone needing to go to that extreme before....but for all of that effort, one has to wonder if fabricating a simple spring loaded finger/gate (that would function similarly to the switch in a sense) near where the current switch is to slow down the ball - and relocating the switch further down - would be less effort, but similar effect...

1 year later
#7453 3 years ago

A little bit of a teaser, but on M&M Creations whiteboard we had a solution for a Shadow to explore. Finally a couple a weeks ago - someone came forward asking for a solution via an MRS to the infamous left ramp/diverted to the right switch register issue. Well, it took a lot of R&D, but we think we nailed it and it's out for beta testing with Wmsfan-GAP if all is good - we'll begin offering the solution next week. I've included some pics of the long-lever solution most folks employ and some pics of our solution installed and by itself for visualization.

Thanks!
Matt

Resized_20200829_105329 (resized).jpegResized_20200829_105329 (resized).jpeg20200908_161555 (resized).jpg20200908_161555 (resized).jpg20200910_080048 (resized).jpg20200910_080048 (resized).jpg
#7456 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude that is genius. So simple and clean.

And hidden - we didn't like the idea of cantilevering where the switch normally is (it was too much in view) - that was the lengthy part of the R&D - moving it over where it was more hidden and the ball was traveling in a more stable vector - made sense - but made the engineering tricky....we must have made 8 or 9 iterations I think?

#7458 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Looks promising. I've been spending a lot of time with my Shadow the last few weeks on a project I'll be sharing hopefully soon (Pinsound related) and I tackled this issue by extending the switch location further with Lexan. The only issue I'm having now is the ball jumping the ramp occasionally. I may end up trying to reseat the wireform and if I do, this may be a good time to install this mod. In the photo the wires are running back the long way towards the left diverter instead of the right side of the machine, since it's mounted near the upper flipper. Is there a way to run the wires out the right side to hide them better?

That's just pics from testing...the leads are long enough to run to the right and underneath the playfield to the left again for connection....

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How much we talking per switch?

$30 plus shipping....

#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The body shape of this one is designed to fit this game in the location that was decided on. I also got switches for my Diners, that have a different shape body that allows fit on the curved Diner cup. So it’s kind of a game specific design.

That's exactly correct....some are universal - like the original OEM MRS, and the plastic ramp MRS...but some are specific to a solution....We have MRS' for the bowls of CC, TTR, Diner, Taxi, CFTBL...and specific ramp solutions on Taxi and IJ....all kinds of solutions....

#7476 3 years ago

Alright, we've got our testing feedback (thanks Wmsfan-GAP ) thus we are ready for Shadow orders....just shoot me a PM and I'll put you on the wait-list and provide payment details and such! Ask any questions, you can find A LOT of posts/info on Pinside about our MRS'....we've got all kinds of different variations - most popular being the OEM of course as they were stock in 7 WMS pins...followed by the popular CFTBL whirlpool MRS....Diner has been very popular, Taxi, IJ, Cactus, Transporter...and the ramp ones that Pinkitten noted which are universal and have been used in W?D ...and several homebrew pins....

Matt

1 week later
#7513 3 years ago

By tonight I should be caught up on the Shadow ramp MRS orders! monkfe you are the last in line....

So if anyone is interested still in a Shadow MRS - please send me a PM!

And thanks everyone for your orders...we didn't think there would be such a demand!

Matt & Dan

M&M Creations...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I remember some $1800 shadows

I remember paying $1650 for mine, in excellent condition, a good while ago...still have it - won't be leaving.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I installed my MRS last night. It's such a great upgrade - I could never get that stupid switch to work well even with the extender. (I also have MRSs on my Diner coffee cup and CFTBL bowl - it's amazing what a difference in gameplay you can get from such a simple upgrade.)

Such good news!!! Awesome....

Matt & Dan

#7539 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I
I haven’t installed my MRS on The Shadow yet. I’m happy to make vids before and after.

Mark - if you could/would - that would be super cool!

Matt

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

sonic: Wanted to say thanks for the MRS Shadow switch... it's great. Works 100% of the time, and improves the flow of the habitrail without the switch there slowing down the ball a bit. A great update.

Thanks man!! Love the feedback!!

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

In case anyone was on the fence on buying a sonic MRS switch. Do it.
I just installed mine and makes the game so much better... More than it has any right to. I didn't have problems with the ball getting stuck (as I previously had an extended switch), however getting a successful shot to register was such a crap shoot. When you have flow, are accurate and the ball was flying, it would often not trigger the switch due to speed.
Now with this MWS switch, it works flawlessly. It's so much better to hit a shot and everything works... Much better than having to check if it registered, and feeling relief if it did. No idea how long these will be available, but if you can get one, I strongly recommend.

Thanks Jeff!!

2 weeks later
#7648 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got my new Battlefield shroud installed today. Man, did Chris at Hotrod Arcade knock this out of the park. Well worth the price of entry!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haven't put mine on yet - if I remember, you gotta take the Battlefield off the hinge to get that screw on the left/back off? Is that what everyone's been doing?

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Honestly think that was the last issue I had with this game, no matter what I did there was no rectifying the situation. Either you install a switch that's to long and it gets stuck or to short and it doesn't register all the time... There was no middle ground. I installed mine like a month ago and it works great, registers every time. Thanks M&M for coming up with this solution!

No problem - we're here to help! Since our Shadow switch - we've already resolved an issue for Rob Zombie owners (upper playfield rollovers) and just last night built our first MRS for Mustang (we didn't know it had a bowl).....

Matt

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from bartron:

Have received and fitted this in the U.K.
Great little product that works well.
Thanks a lot Matt
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Stan! We like creating these as mods (like Creech, Transporter, Mustang, Diner, etc...) but since both of us are engineers - we love fixing oversights....so some of our switches were created for that purpose - like Shadow & Rob Zombie....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Off topic - but have you considered making one for the Taxi skill shot? That seems to be a common issue where the switch itself slows the ball enough to make several revolutions difficult. I believe it would be similar to the Diner cup? Although i dont have a Diner.

Considered?! You bet - we already have one!!! .....Anything with a bowl - we've likely developed (getting ready to announce Mustang soon).....you can check out testimonial on the Taxi forum - I believe there are some folks that posted pics and such - but shoot me a PM - I can set you up! Further - we have MRS' for both the plastic ramps on Taxi as well - up at the top - you can see some pics of that on Taxi forum again....

Matt

1 month later
#7889 3 years ago

Thanks for the plug gents! Looks like RTS has a POTC too - got a fix for that silly Maelstrom problem too!

Matt
M&M Creations

3 months later
#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does the machine Slam Tilt at any other time? The switch could be set slightly too sensitive or you may be getting a short - if you go into switch test mode and jiggle the machine or bang on the PF and mini-PF does the Slam Tilt switch (or any other switch) get activated?

Given all machines are different, some people can get away with cheaper solutions than others; however I think the best fix (reliable fix with minimal visual impact, although the most expensive) is the MRS (Magnetic Reed Switch) by sonic. But that's not to say people don't have success with the switch extenders (that relocate the switch further down the wireform) or even swapping out the switch actuator arm for a long straight actuator.

Whinger9 Just shoot me a PM if interested in an MRS...

#8364 3 years ago

Battlefield shroud is up for sale if interested...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112054

Thanks!

Matt

3 months later
#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The ball has a tendency to jump the switch if in the normal spot, I've been meaning to move my switch over to that further spot or buy one of the fancy magnetic switches that somebody has been making for a couple years.

You know what I'd say! : )

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Im aware of the switch jumping issue if in the normal spot.id like to move it back and replace with a new MRS also. It just looks clunky on the right with a hacked plastic from what looks like a Pinbot. If anyone can give me a close up under the right flasher where the left ramp joins the right habitual that would be appreciated.

Just shoot me a PM! Happy to help with your Shadow....

Matt

4 months later
#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Thanks for that. I think the MRS switch is a great option as it eliminates that altogether. Had I known before I could just scrap that switch it would’ve saved me a lot of headaches. Appreciate the pictures!

Glad you got this resolved... Manny65 is the man - we were watching from the sidelines - but we recognized that manny had you on the straight....glad you like the MRS!

Matt
M&M Creations

1 week later
#9100 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

I got my magnetic left ramp switch from Sonic today, and it's very nice. When I ordered, I actually expected a bare switch... not a switch built into a nice bracket with a connector ready to go! Install was a snap. I spent more time replacing some bulbs while I had the hood open.
The last picture with the block touching the ball just shows the included gap sizing guide in slipped into place. The bracket produced exactly the right gap once screwed down though, no fiddling around was required.
Thanks Sonic, this looks much nicer than changing the original switch location.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always glad to help! Pics are fantastic!

Matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls...."

1 week later
#9111 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

After 9 years of owning the game, I finally got sick of the ball jumping over the left ramp switch
Ordered a MRS switch from Sonic yesterday, will leave a review ones installed.

Final testing and packaging as we speak!

Matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls..."

2 weeks later
#9169 2 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Got my switch from Sonic and just installed it. Easy installation with a guide included. Works like a charm and it is barely visible Thanks again Sonic
Still the favorite of all of my games!!
[quoted image]

Looks great and thanks for the kind words!

Matt
M&M Creations

1 month later
#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

So much nicer replacing the random bracket and ugly exposed switch with the MRS.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! Great pics!

Matt
M&M Creations

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The MRS is awesome, and is useful in many tricky areas on other pins too. I’ve used them on Ripley’s, Who Dunnit?, EATPM, GB, White Water, and The Shadow.

Thanks for the kind words as always!

Matt
M&M Creations

#9300 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Where can I buy them (in Europe)?

We don't have a distributer in Europe so just PM me to order....we ship to Europe!

Matt
M&M Creations

1 week later
#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

MRS switch from Sonic is awesome bang for your buck on this game. Removes the old 3D printed switch extension from middle of playfield. MRS looks discreet and triggers every time. No more ball hangups. Blends in with my black wire forms.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic! I wish my Shadow looked that good!

Matt
M&M Creations

#9356 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Big thanks to Sonic for the MRS mod. I’m on my 3rd Shadow and this is the first time the left ramp’s right diverter has worked consistently. What a difference it makes!

Love it when things work great for our customers!

Matt
M&M Creations

3 months later
#9569 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ya probably. I need to save up for some MRS or whatever theyre called switches.

Yes you do!!

Matt

3 months later
#9938 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

MRS switch Is great.. but I still have non registered shots.. even when taking the ball and running it underneath it with my hand, I'd say every 20 shots.. it will register 16. Nothings perfect I guess.

That shouldn't be... Hit me up on PM.. Let's see what's going on.....

Matt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.