IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rykatem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4031 6 years ago

Hello! I have loved our Shadow for years but never was the one in charge of any maintenance. I recently moved the machine downstairs (from an unused storage area that was supposed to be a gameroom) after watching YouTube to learn how to make that happen with folding down the backbox and all. Now I'm trying to get up to speed and get a few things working.

I guess I need to start by ordering a rubber ring kit? Sources? I know I can get that on eBay but don't know what is best.

I also have to fix a battery leak issue - was a separate board - not sure if that is standard or not.

I also can't seem to get the lockdown bar back on. The lever seems to be working properly and I know how that works. I just can't push it down the last 1/2 inch or so. So frustrating!!!!

Thanks for any help!!!!!! Does anyone know of someone who does repairs in the Allentown, PA area?

IMG_2695 (resized).JPGIMG_2695 (resized).JPG

IMG_2697 (resized).JPGIMG_2697 (resized).JPG

IMG_2703 (resized).JPGIMG_2703 (resized).JPG

IMG_2704 (resized).JPGIMG_2704 (resized).JPG

IMG_2705 (resized).JPGIMG_2705 (resized).JPG

#4039 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Black/white rubber is a thing of the past. Those eBay kits are garbage. You can splurge for some Titan rubbers, I prefer the translucent silicone ones from PinballLife.
You need to scrap those batteries before they eat the whole game! There's plenty of people in the Allentown area that do great work. I'm sure some locals will chime in. They can pop in a NVRAM (eliminates batteries), or a button cell battery is a cheap easy fix that won't leak and will last a long time.
Make sure the lockdown lever is pulled all the way to the left and the glass is all the way up. If you're still having trouble you can adjust the brass screws on the top of the lockdown receiver to get it in there.

Thanks so much @dudah! Sorry for my late reply. I have had issues using the forum on my phone and didn't get notifications like I thought I would! I got the lockdown bar issue fixed. I didn't have the playfield down all the way! I did have to adjust the screws a bit too. Maybe I need to post in the main area to find some people local to Allentown. I looked into the NVRAM and that might be best. Do you have that on your Shadow? I don't know if I can do that change myself. Does it work well? TS doesn't have an issue with time, does it? I searched here and the NVRAM doesn't track time while the machine isn't on? Just wanted to understand the implications of that.

I am looking at getting the Titan rubbers. I look up parts in the manual and then find what I need instead of a kit, right? Sorry for probably stupid questions. I am new to all of this and trying to get up to speed! Thanks so much!!!

#4040 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Make sure the glass is slid all the way up while you are putting the lockdown bar in place. Sometimes it will slide down just a tiny bit and keep the lockdown bar from seating all the way down.
Yikes! Those batteries are scary. The small daughter board that the battery holder is mounted on is standard. Good thing it was there!

RCA1 Thanks so much for the reply. Somehow the playfield wasn't all the way down! I got it worked out!

Are you saying the small daughter board is something I could replace with the battery holder already on it? I cleaned it with vinegar and baking soda but can't get everything off and some of the metal is rusted.

#4042 6 years ago

I decided to try the battery holder after cleaning it and it seems to work fine. I ordered rubber from titan and pinball life as well as some bulbs. I got things working while I wait for that but the battlefield isn't working It is lit, and the ball goes up there, but the part that goes back and forth up there doesn't move. Got this from the test and looked it up in the manual but not sure if next steps.

I put rubber bands in place of the sling while I wait and the ball went inside there lol. Oops. But at least I could mostly play it - it didn't happen again. But then the flipped rubber kept coming off. Glad I ordered a whole set!

IMG_3315 (resized).PNGIMG_3315 (resized).PNG

IMG_3313 (resized).JPGIMG_3313 (resized).JPG

IMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPG

#4043 6 years ago
Quoted from RyKatEm:

I decided to try the battery holder after cleaning it and it seems to work fine. I ordered rubber from titan and pinball life as well as some bulbs. I got things working while I wait for that but the battlefield isn't working It is lit, and the ball goes up there, but the part that goes back and forth up there doesn't move. Got this from the test and looked it up in the manual but not sure if next steps.
I put rubber bands in place of the sling while I wait and the ball went inside there lol. Oops. But at least I could mostly play it - it didn't happen again. But then the flipped rubber kept coming off. Glad I ordered a whole set!

I know the picture from the manual tells me what to do as the next step, but I don't know how to do those things, lol.

#4044 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some side blade and apron art love...

Wow ZMeny that looks great!

#4052 6 years ago

Hello! Thanks for all the help - I got my package from titan today and put on the slings (clear) and flipper rubber and can finally really play! I also got the glass cleaner there and cleaned the pkayfiekd glass really well and it looks awesome! I didn't realize how bad it was!
Battlefield wasn't working but after I did a test it kind of works? Targets on back don't go back up after a game - they don't reset. And the paddle is slow. Is there a good resource for dealing with this stuff?

IMG_3371 (resized).JPGIMG_3371 (resized).JPG

IMG_3372 (resized).JPGIMG_3372 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rykatem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=rykatem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.