IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryandimx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3509 7 years ago

Just got mine last week. Put me on the light list.

#3510 7 years ago

Is there a site to order the alt translite? The only one I can find is in Germany

#3521 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I have my old aurich alt translight. Its damaged and currently on ebay. If it intrest u

Thank you

2 weeks later
#3559 7 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Looking for this topper, anyone have one they would like to sell?

One just sold on eBay yesterday. Missed it by $7.

1 week later
#3573 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I got the last of the parts I needed to start making the Battle Field Light Mod. I built my board today and it works perfectly. I will build these to order, you can have a 2,3,4 second delay. Also with or without the extra GI lighting cable. I will take some pics of the installation, but its so simple a child can do it. If you have trouble don't call me get a child to help you.

Let's do it! Can't wait

#3596 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The light wire that is black is for when the ball is in the battle field. The other wire is for adding GI lighting to the battle field if you want to. If you don't want this feature, let me know when you order and I will leave it off and drop the price 1.00.

Where did you mount the light strip?

#3614 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I tried mounting the light strip to, above, over and over while in front of the metal strip in the back. Always the same results for me, it reflected off the battle field and in my eyes. No bueno!
I am going to try it again but I need to find a light diffuser sheet first. I think this would be the best way to do it, but I just need to find the right stuff to make it work.

They have frosted LED strips now too. I'm gonna orders few colors to see what they do.

http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=10SMD6.3VSTRIP

#3619 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Helps to have a wife that doesn't mind the hobby road trip. Tomorrow I need to figure out the topper from eBay.

This the one from a week or 2 ago?

#3623 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

That's the one. Interesting topper in that I can't find out any information about it. Yet it looks professional. Was hoping to track down the recommended wiring for the light. I'll have to post a picture.

You definitely beat me out on it. Lost by a few dollars. Congrats.
From what I remember from the auction it should plug into the 12v.

#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

This is what comes in the kit.

Arrived today. Now I get to spend way too much time over thinking a comet order to hit the free shipping mark.
Thanks Grumpy!

#3637 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Received the battlefield light mod from grumpy on Friday and got it installed on Saturday. Tried a few light placement combinations and bulbs. Ended up mounting to the posts near the optic sensors and used some yellow lights. I originally wanted to mount the lamp socket where the screws hold the optical sensors, but there wasn't enough clearance for that. However, you might be able to do so with a flexible LED, not 100% sure though. Here are before and after shots. The before shot I did alter the brightness as my camera made it appear brighter than it is to the naked eye. The after pic is unaltered.
As far as the mod goes, it obviously works just fine and don't have any complaints because I know what it was designed to do. If I could get the "ultimate" battlefield light mod, it would work pretty much the same, but wouldn't require the paddle to move before the lights come on. Small nit-pic I realize. But, when people that don't know the game play it they don't realize what is happening (the battle field starting up) they tend to not move the paddle and sometimes don't even see the ball drain past the paddle. Having the battlefield light up when it becomes active would really help with the context.
Overall, I have to give the mod a big thumbs-up because it does illuminate the battlefield in the really nice way!

Hmm so you went spot lights instead of strips

1 month later
#3774 7 years ago

Hey guys, moved my game from the garage to the basement, it's on the floor to shop out so no legs. Now I'm getting a bunch of error messages.
Shadow was working great.
After moving the display was scrambled so I reset all the connections in the backbox.
I try to start a game but the start button does nothing. Works fine in switch test. All the through optos test fine. There's a couple roll overs not working but thats all I've found in test mode.

Have you ever seen a wpc do this? I've googled and see other people with the issue but no real answer.

IMG_20170419_021147.jpgIMG_20170419_021147.jpg
IMG_20170419_003444.jpgIMG_20170419_003444.jpg
IMG_20170419_003321.jpgIMG_20170419_003321.jpg
IMG_20170419_003319.jpgIMG_20170419_003319.jpg
IMG_20170419_003316.jpgIMG_20170419_003316.jpg

#3777 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could be a ribbon cable. Could also be a fuse for 12vdc causing opto error messages. You said you reseated connectors. Did you reseat ribbon cables? Make certain they are not off by 1 pin either direction.

I did the ribbons but I'll double check alignment when I get home. Both 12v fuses were replaced when I was troubleshooting.

#3779 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I did the ribbons but I'll double check alignment when I get home. Both 12v fuses were replaced when I was troubleshooting.

Reseat everything again and I can get the game to start now. Still getting "battle kicker not working" and "drop bank bad"
When starting a hand half the time my kickout is weak but others it works fine.
My battlefield paddle pops non stop when the battle starts.

Also getting stuck in here.

Fun times.

IMG_20170422_030753.jpgIMG_20170422_030753.jpg

#3782 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does reseat mean/entail?

Disconnect and reconnect all the connections in the backbox

#3783 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is led 7 lit?

Yes

1 week later
#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Reseat everything again and I can get the game to start now. Still getting "battle kicker not working" and "drop bank bad"
When starting a hand half the time my kickout is weak but others it works fine.
My battlefield paddle pops non stop when the battle starts.
Also getting stuck in here.
Fun times.

Followed the 12v working to the main opto board on the left. Took connectors off to test with the meter and when I plugged them back in everything fired right up. Not sure why. But it's working.

#3816 6 years ago

Heads up if you use spotlights with the grumpy mod

IMG_20170505_185410.jpgIMG_20170505_185410.jpg

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Did your spot light reflector fall off and work its way into the ball trough? Crazy how crap like that happens.

Yeah, never happened at home but with constant play at pinfest today it did. Bulb went first. Then then hood a bit later.
Don't have any good pictures of it but I have the posts sitting on 3 washers to raise them to give clearance for the ball. The GI lamp I have a yellow/orange frosted. Very dim but it still has just enough to see there's something up there. When it switches over it goes the dark frosted purple from comet. Lights it up great and both fit with the rest of my layout..... When they don't fall off...

IMG_20170505_131630.jpgIMG_20170505_131630.jpg

IMG_20170505_131721.jpgIMG_20170505_131721.jpg

1 week later
#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

If anyone has time, we are talking about Shadow having major dark playfield issues and it's a machine we are deciding to do some Before & Afters of with the Pin Stadium lighting upgrade for our website.
I need a few more pictures of what your machine looks like in the dark with no lights on onemoresean posted this pic. Trying to decide if it's a mutual feeling for all of the Shadow owners? Your thoughts?

Add slingshot spotlights and the grumpy mod for the upper Playfield

IMG_20170505_131721.jpgIMG_20170505_131721.jpg

2 weeks later
#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from scooter75:

Picked up a NOS Shadow Playfield. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone.

Was that the one on eBay last week?

1 month later
#3934 6 years ago

Wedding in October is a little more than we expected. Shadow is on the market. Going to Pintastic if anyone is interested.

Machine - For Sale
Shadow, The Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Had this for about year. Wanted it to be a keeper but with a wedding in October we had to make the hard choice of letting it go. Trying to bring this up to Pintastic. The Playfie...”
2017-07-02
Chalfont, PA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 254 times

#3947 6 years ago

Aside from being together 5 years, having a house and a 3 year old, we have a full game room together. She owns an Eatpm on top of a handful of the videos. My games are not in any danger.
Just trying to cover some of the final costs.

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sorry for delay i was away from the game.
i used 2 spotlights. did not use the reflective dome due to clearance issues.

Same way I set mine up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryandimx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.