IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1110 9 years ago

Game arriving tomorrow AM with a few issues I realize there may be common problems you guys might be able to prepare me for. Would love to get it and have it ready to play asap.

Missing one ring-Looks like they are not readily available. Are they all the same? Has anyone come up with something cool to replace the missing ring with?
It has socket but no lamp. I found lamps I think. Need confirmation
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8855

Missing lamp sockets and lamps for other 3 rings (bare wires are there): This looks to be what is needed. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19545-2? Can lamps be hardwired though?

Paddle in upper playfield doesn't move. I cant find any specific parts but the plastic piece because I am not familiar with the terminology of this game. Hopefully you might be able to steer me in the right direction even though I haven't opened the game up yet. I have heard of loose wires and easy stuff but i have also seen a pinion kit. Is that more common than loose connections?

Sanctum target "needs some adjustment" (from the ebay ad). I found Vids guide to this but wondering if I should order anything for this while I have it apart.

#1112 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I have cool in my GI, I think it looks good.

2014-06-08 21.23.48.jpg 305 KB

yeah this one looks good. i just saw another one on this thred that had all green on the lower half and purple on the upper half. I thought that looked pretty awful compared to this one.

#1113 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

here are some pics

the gun is at plating shop then FINISHED!!!
so happy to have TS back, i regretted to have sold my 1 st one
Now I KNOW ! lol

image.jpg 168 KB

image-517.jpg 194 KB

love the hammer in picture #2

#1114 9 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Pour one out, we've lost another Baldwin. RIP.

Not sure why it looks so funky in the photo, it looks great in person.
While I was at it I added some rubylith in front of the DMD to make it red, looks great with the new translite.

shadow.jpg 198 KB

Where'd you get that translite. I will need to de-baldwinize mine when I get it

#1120 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Hey Aurich, Got my new translite today, it looks awesome! Thanks so much. Pics which don't do it justice. The bulb arrangement I used. Thanks!

Shadow (1).JPG 168 KB

Shadow (2).JPG 88 KB

looks awesome man...

2 weeks later
#1135 9 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Hi members,
now i also got a Shadow much to work onit.
But there is one ring missing does anybody know where i can get this rings ?
thanks
Mike

I got lucky. The ebay seller, Barry White, found one and shipped it to me. He does have a beat up shadow for sale thats missing two rings already. maybe you can convince him to sell you one outta that game. It's already missing two what's one more? Hopefully thats not the one you bought!

#1149 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Doubtful. They would likely require a license cut that would cause the price to be astronomical.

That won't be an issue if it's identified properly. If you have interest and the ability to make them do it. People will buy them. Dealers will buy them too. I would buy one.

#1165 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

part of the problem is that there is not really room for any sort of traditional socketed led under the ring. but I bet you can modify something like one of these to fit, putting the guts of the socket somewhere behind the ring.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux-wired.htm

Arthur sent me 2 of these. the led piece on the end of the leads is way too big.

2 weeks later
#1218 9 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Hi all - hope someone can advise...
Found my wall target has cracked inside. I have a spare and hope to replace it shortly but what I found now is the magnet doesn't activate. The optos are sensing the ball but the ball just rolls back down the table. Before the magnet would activate and launch the ball at the wall that wasn't dropping. Had that happen a couple of times. I have run the solenoid magnet test with the table surface level and it pushes the balls down the table.
Any thoughts? Only error messages I get are switches 63,64,65 but I guess that's because they haven't been activated for a while.

your wall target switch actuator appears to be missing. not sure how your target got broken but they are likely associated. You will need to fix that anyway and I bet it's related to your problem. check vids guide to see how its supposed to look and work https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-shadow-sanctum-target-repair

2014-11-08 20.24.34.jpg 51 KB

2014-11-08 20.14.10.jpg 172 KB

#1221 9 years ago
Quoted from charsiufan:

Hi RCBrown
Do you mean part of the switch appears to be missing? Looking at that link and comparing the pictures the arm of my switch isn't showing (circled in the picture).
Not sure how the wall broke. There was some strange noises and then the magnet stopped working. I guess they are related.
Thanks for your help.

Wall.png 286 KB

yup. this will likely fix your problem. game needs to know the state of the switch to work properly. here it is. check the screw heads that mount it to the plate and the little backing plate. if somebody has been in there monkeying with it they might be stripped as they are soft.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSB

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-15218

pretty sure this is the screw
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4002-01105-12

#1222 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

yup. this will likely fix your problem. game needs to know the state of the switch to work properly. here it is. check the screw heads that mount it to the plate and the little backing plate. if somebody has been in there monkeying with it they might be stripped as they are soft.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSB
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-15218
pretty sure this is the screw
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4002-01105-12

be sure to follow vids guide to the T. remember the red wall actuates the switch via the missing lever. you adjust it by slightly angling the switch housing/actuator you will hear a click when you slowly slide the wall down and another when you slide it back up. just like vid says. do it the right way or you'll be pulling that assembly back out repeatedly

#1224 9 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

First time pinball owner just got a Shadow. Worked fine for the first day but now the battlefield popper woun't pop? I did a switch test and it registered fine. i did a battlefield test and it came out fine. I opened up the battlefield and no wires are broken, nothing seems missing. I have no idea what to look for next? any ideas/help would be much appreciated!!

if it pops in test mode it's likely the optos that trigger it to kick. you can learn a bunch if you read about my current nightmare. the shadow is scary
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-battlefield-kicker-optos-not-working

#1230 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Link to auction :
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine The Shadow
With the description and photo's I curious how many would have taken the chance?
Don

i would have for sure at that price!

1 month later
#1239 9 years ago
Quoted from Sweetmike:

Hello!
Just bought a Shadow with a small problem.
The kicker on the mini playfield don't kick. Niether during play or in test mode. The opto works great.
Have ringed both cables from the powerboard to the coil, and they are fine.
When I'm putting a testlamp on the coil and running it in test (with door closed), the lamp will not blink.
Any ideas?

LOTS OF STUFF HERE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shadow-battlefield-kicker-optos-not-working

#1278 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

The brick wall is super cool but I really have my hopes set high for the city-scape. Fosaisu, I'll take your advice and try to contact the seller. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with that.

I KNOW THE SELLER. HE HAD THEM A MONTH AGO WHEN I BOUGHT A BUNCH ALT TRANSLITES

1 month later
#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Great. Glad it helped.
These switch arms are always bent up etc.

It will work that way for a while but the target actuates the switch, not the control arm. I wrestled with this for a while until I figured it out. See figure 1

Figure 120140308_152456.jpg20140308_152456.jpg

#1346 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

It will work that way for a while but the target actuates the switch, not the control arm. I wrestled with this for a while until I figured it out. See figure 1
Figure 1

20140308_152456.jpg 222 KB

sorry, couldn't resist. here is a great link to see what it's supposed to look like.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-shadow-sanctum-target-repair

I can almost guaranty your armature are rounded out and that plunger linkage is worn too. If that is the case you can order them both from marco if they are still available. I made a sheath for the linkage which worked until my parts from marco arrived.

#1347 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

handsome lookin' pup you got there!

That was bones. he was an awesome dog. That was also my gameroom before i tuned it into my gameroom. That was also a joke "see figure 1" "WTF thats a picture of a dog! what is this guy some kinda idiot?

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Poor bones. I have 2 dogs and 1 is a shepherd mix. Great dog name for a ST fan.

not to go too deep off topic here but thats the main reason for his name. his buddy was captain who I had to put down with cancer when he was only seven. captain was a purebred sheppard-800 bucks. Bones, half shep half dobie-50 bucks. Bigger, smarter, faster and lived til 13. he went out kinda tragically with no indication he had a tumor in his head til it let go one morning. Nebver fed him anything but dog food and dog biscuits, til that day. I brought him in and had to leave him at the vet for some tests. I knew what was gonna happen so I went home and cooked him up a pound of bacon and a sirloin that was more than a pound. that was his last experience down here on earth

the other reason for the name bones? I bought my house from a mortician. He embalmed people here.... no shit lol

1 week later
#1370 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I am pretty new to the club and just want some confirmation on the wall assembly. The opto switch sees the ball, the small solenoid pulls in the drop plunger, and the spring brings the wall down...correct?
I was talking with someone today who said the the wall should drop when the ball hits it, but that wouldn't affect the drop plunger on it own. If I am thinking about it correctly, the game/code determines when the wall goes down with firing that solenoid.

correct

#1373 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Never done LEDs before. Your posts have inspired to put in LEDs for the inserts. Anybody have a shopping list for this that they could share? What type of bulbs are the best. I particularly like the colored LEDs under the game mode inserts that some of you have posted. Any advice is welcome.

use comet leds. I use twin smd's for the inserts/feature lights and single smd's for GI and backbox. I just did spiderman last night with this setup (aside from the backbox). Also put in mirror blades. Look at this bad boy...

cometspiderman.jpgcometspiderman.jpg
#1376 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

You guys are so damn helpful. THANK YOU

i dont use the non-ghosting bulbs. I have not tried them but the look I get from the ones I use is fantastic. Ghosting means you see a small amount of light being emitted still when is supposed to be off. you dont notice it enough to pay the difference in price imo. all lamps that are on totally detracts from that small issue

#1379 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To each their own, but for what it's worth I HATE ghosting, it look awful. I'd never try and save money and put ghosting bulbs in Shadow.

yeah I haven't tried them to see the difference and I am scared to ask what to look for or how to compare the best way. I dont have nearly the experience that aurich has as I just started with pinball in april. I just compare what my games used to look like to what they look like now. huge difference. could be huger i suppose.

#1381 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I just joined the club

nice man! hopefully you havent played shadow that much prior-to. such a great game

#1384 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I broke down fosaisu's LED list into grand totals for my shopping list and figured i'd share that here. In light of Aurich's comments, i think i'll go for the non-ghosting.
44 GREEN (4)
44 ORANGE (3)
44 RED (2)
44 WARM (39)
555 GREEN (3)
555 ORANGE (19)
555 RED (14)
555 WARM (48)
555 ORANGE BUTTON (1)
555 GREEN BUTTON (1)
#89 RED (1)
#89 RED [5 SMD Tower] (1)
#89 WARM [5 SMD Tower] (2)
#906 RED (5)
#906 RED [5 SMD Tower] (1)
#906 WARM (6)

nice work. if you talk to art over there he will tell you to try a few different styles and colors. everyone has different tastes. whatever you go with the difference you will see is simply awesome

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

There is a fix you can apply to the game ROM that takes care of the ghosting or flickering you may get from LEDs. However you will need a eprom burner to load the fix.
Don.

wow really? does this work for all games and where do we get that and the code/directions or whatever?

#1390 9 years ago

my mpu came today. cant wait to see if it fixes my battlefield issue.

1 week later
#1411 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I haven't seen a couple of the mods I've done so I wanted to share. Red LED eyes in the phurbas tied to the rings. The left eyes tied to the left rings and right eyes tied to the right rings. I also added LED strips under the diverters. I have blue under the left and red under the right. Looks cooler in person but the photo will give you an idea.

IMG_20150223_205407.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

holy purpleredness batman. do you have any white bulbs in that game?

#1418 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Shadow rocks. gets better All the time.

YEP COULDN'T AGREE MORE. I HAVE A BUNCH OF DECENT GAMES BUT THE SHADOW JUST HAS THAT POWERFUL FEEL TO IT.

#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's really hard to take a good picture of a pin with your phone, but for what it's worth I recently installed the Pinballbulbs kit and it's pretty awesome.
So far since getting the game I've added new rubbers, balls, invisiglass, backboard vinyl, target decals, rebuilt the target wall assembly with new plunger, coil, and pivot piece.
This is easily the hardest game in my collection. I love it.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

get some mirror blades man. Changes the look of the game bigtime. I will try to remember to snap a few pics of mine when I get home and post them. Where'd ya get the backboard vinyl?

#1437 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Even better: For Shadow, get black chrome mirror blades! Fits the dark overall look of TS very well.

I tried those they do look better than the painted wood but they dont reflect the light nearly as well or the balls traveling along the ramps and if you scratch it your f'd

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement mongol? Lost a sword on one of mine...

I just used one of these...

peeweehermannojacket.jpgpeeweehermannojacket.jpg
#1450 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Did you try the high-end version or some simpler solution? Seen a lot of really bad ones, even ones made from clear plastic just painted black on the backside (???). Scratches are kind of the same as with standard chrome. I think they even scratch less because the black coating is titanium-carbon-nitride which should be extremely hard (and makes them silly expensive... ).

pinball side mirrors was the brand. that black will scratch off if the PF rubs it. Unlike the standard, it cant be buffed out. I did scratch the normal ones I have in there now but its very small and you have to look to find it. I think this is one of the higher value mods you can do. It just makes the machine look so much better especially with leds in it. I did my spiderman too and its awesome. Gonna be selling tit too. here is the bladed SM with twin color matching smds in the inserts and single smds for GI. It screams "buy me" doesnt it? It blows compared to shadow as far as gameplay goes though.

cometspiderman.jpgcometspiderman.jpg
#1451 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Where did you find that Farley Claymore figurine?!?

exactly. just needs some DM generated fuggin bags under his eyes. That makes me laugh every time i see that ninny pop up

#1454 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

pinball side mirrors was the brand. that black will scratch off if the PF rubs it. Unlike the standard, it cant be buffed out. I did scratch the normal ones I have in there now but its very small and you have to look to find it. I think this is one of the higher value mods you can do. It just makes the machine look so much better especially with leds in it. I did my spiderman too and its awesome. Gonna be selling tit too. here is the bladed SM with twin color matching smds in the inserts and single smds for GI. It screams "buy me" doesnt it? It blows compared to Shadow as far as gameplay goes though.

cometspiderman.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

20150312_003300.jpg20150312_003300.jpg 20150312_003324.jpg20150312_003324.jpg
#1458 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hate to be pedantic but don't you mean "tit two"?

lol I just noticed I fugged that up kinda reminds me of this scene:

#1460 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings! New member to the club! What a game!

lets see it!

#1464 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

here you go
FullSizeRender 2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)FullSizeRender.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

that thing looks like it's in mint condition too. very nice!

#1468 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Is there a way to keep the ball from falling off the mini playfield between the wire vuk ramp and yellow target above it?
20150311_192816.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

i found that if I blow a hole in the middle of my motor driver chip by not having the fishpaper on the battlefield kicker coil the game is smart enough to not send the ball up there to begin with.

Seriously though that looks like your vuk is not lined up properly. There's a bolt that fastens it down. You might monkey around with that and also make sure your battlefield is seated properly also. RB

#1469 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Just checking in since I'm no longer a member of the club <sniff>.
I always like to use a scouring pad on old bolt heads, then pop them into some cardboard for a couple coats of semi-gloss black. Looks so sharp! I also used semi-gloss on the backbox and it turned out decent. If I could have done one thing different on my backbox decals- since they need to be scissor cut before applying, is to take a black marker around the edges to keep the white from sticking out so much. I should have done that before putting them on because I am too nervous about doing it after they're applied.

I scour then buff the bolt heads. If you put the thread end of the bolt into your drill/driver and hold the pad in the palm of your hand then pull the trigger they takes about 5 seconds each...

#1491 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I love my new Shadow. My only problem is I love the look of it but its too dark...Mine came with greens and reds and it looks stunning. This game is so fast sometimes I cant see the ball fast enough to hit inner loop combos..Anyone have a happy medium with color vs brightness for GI lighting? Or add LED Strip? Thanks for any help.

Mine was all fugged up when i got it. I took all the whacky colors out of the gi and replaced with single smds from comet in spots where the bulb is visible to the eye and twin smds in the darker areas in the back. I also used twin color matching in all the feature lights/inserts. Then I added three spotlights. i just ordered a 7 led strip for the rear of the battlefield. I will post when done. Fasted thing to brighten it up is a few spots though. Oh yeah I added a set of mirror blades. makes a huge difference

20150312_003300.jpg20150312_003300.jpg 20150312_003324.jpg20150312_003324.jpg
#1497 9 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Can you post a pic of your battlefield ? I have a 7 smd incoming and curious on placement?

i have the same thing. I will likely do it saturday. if you beat me to it post it here along with any stuff you ran into along the way. I'm guessing its gonna be wired up into the backbox

#1498 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Is there another thread that talks about adding spotlights? Would love to add these while my playfield is torn down. Anybody care to point me in the right direction?

probably if you search. its pretty easy to do. pm me if you want help

#1503 9 years ago

my order got lost so I haven't attempted it yet. thanks for the reminder I need to go find out what happened. Shoulda had it all on sat

#1505 9 years ago

i was visualizing sticking it to the bottom on the pf glass trim slot thingy

5 months later
#1933 8 years ago

speaker panel from agodfrey. if you like this alt translite hit me up and I will find the guy i got it from

20150904_214603_resized.jpg20150904_214603_resized.jpg

#1936 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That speaker panel matches well with that translite. I got the speaker panel too, but didn't match up with the stock translite. But worth the try for only $18.

you want the guys name with that translite I have? I think it was pretty reasonable like 80 bucks or something. well worth it to get rid of the likes of tim curry, alec baldwin, that freak with the battle helmet and jonathan winters

#1953 8 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Thanks! I couldn't believe it. If I can get 250M+ I consider it a good game and my all time high before that game was ~660M. That game everything just clicked. I got 1.19B which was awesome but also disappointing because it was just 7M away from high score #4!
I am really enjoying Shadow. It is a great pin.

thats good stuff right there. pretty much where I am at with this game. final battle once in almost a year. this game will never lave my collection and if you see what I have run through in the last year thats a strong statement. Shadow=awesome

#1962 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, just have to say this: if you don't have the ColorDMD in your Shadow then sell some plasma or your body on a street corner, come up with the $400, and get rid of that orange display that will never grace my Shadow again.
This video really doesn't even do it justice, since it's a camera pointed at an LCD screen and just doesn't show the colors as vibrant as they really are. Plus it's set to tile mode, and everyone knows the DotsXL are the best, keeps that nice round original look.
» YouTube video

i have yet to see one in person but I am not seeing the value in 400 bucks to add color to these dmds. still looks old and archaic kinda like one of these:

lite-bright-03.jpglite-bright-03.jpg

#1964 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

5 out of my 6 DMD games have ColorDMDs installed. Game 6 will too once Tron is released. But to each their own. I can't go back to orange now.

no question it looks better but 400 bucks is a lot of dough. you have 2k into these that's enough for a halfway decent machine but I get it. thats why there's red cars and green cars

#1966 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My ColorDMD arrives tomorrow (seriously, the slow shipping SUCKS) and I'll finally see one in person and be able to judge for myself. I agree that $400 is a large amount for a mod, but I had most of that sitting in a slot machine of mine so I used those for the purchase. Hope it's worth it.

I know you are gonna like it PoMC. How do I know this? You spent 400 bucks on it so you pretty much have to lol. The real question is how much more enjoyment do you get while playing it or just looking at it in the lineup. I could be wrong but just like you have to like it cuz you spent the cabbage, I don't want to like it. I spend a LOT of money on pin/stuff already and this would really increase it a ton because I would do what aurich did. you cant have just one in the lineup ya gotta improve everything or you get "that" feeling. just for kicks though...aurich take a pic of all 5 turned on?

#1973 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I kind of fell the same way -- I'm sure it will look cool, but I've been telling myself that the original DMD gives Shadow an old-school look that's appropriate to the art deco style of the game. In that vein, I'd love to see is a black and white (or grayscale) DMD on the game.

black and white would look better than orange and maybe even better than color. color has a fisher-pricey look to it imo

#1976 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I have three and I love them. Wouldn't even consider going back to the orange DMD. A big pluss is you don't ever have to worry about the high voltage section of the display board. Remember when the DMD could degas and you'd end up with a bad DMD and smoked board? No chance of that now. Considering the price of machines now, I don't sweat being $1200 into the DMDs. Hell, you can barely find a busted HH or Pinbot for $1200 anymore.

good point on the hv circuitry. i have a need for an hv board right now so I could steal that from shadow and put into taf then blow the 400 on color for shadow right? that would bring it down to 310 but thats still alot.

new dmd is 160 and hv board is 90. thats 250.

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Yes, in Sigma mode you can choose monochrome. I think it's up to 34 different colors or so now. You can select white as the color. Don't forget that the color DMD also has 3 or 4 upscaling modes as well and you can upscale in full color now.

so you can choose from any of the 34 colors also? how hard is that to do? the ability to give them 34/35 different looks is pretty cool actually if that is the case. bsd is a good example. that red looks awful to me

#1980 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The SIGMA ROM for the ColorDMD can display monochrome in more than 90 different colors and 6 different display effects. But once you go color, you're unlikely to use it.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

any video of the color not so close up. that camera must have been right on top of the dmd. panned back to where you would be standing probably makes it look a lot better

#1984 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've never once had that feeling looking at any of my games in color. Not trying to talk you into it, if you're not a fan it's all good! Just saying, if you haven't seen on in person yet then I'd wait to judge until you get a chance. It's really a great upgrade. You keep all of the original dots the artist put in, but the color brings out so much of the detail, I see things in the ColorDMDs all the time that I missed in the original.

Look at my avatar and repeat after me "must not buy..." lol.

#1987 8 years ago

this is what you likely need. you will find the slot that links it to the armature rounded out if so.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18983

be careful removing the roll pin that links it to the armature. the armature has a slot milled into it that this crank slides into the is held in place by the roll pin. the slot area is weakened by the missing metal so if you start pounding away with a punch to get that roll pin out you can break the armature. that is not available. get some pins too

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/P-1637-59

#1989 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

There are four buttons on the back of the display that allow you to change display settings... COLOR, STYLE, VERTICAL ADJ, CONTRAST, and BACKLIGHT. The outer buttons traverse the menus, and the inner buttons change the setting. The number of available colors is currently set to 97.

pretty sweet. thanks for the detailed answer

#1991 8 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Would love some budget suggestion about other pins with same quality (but as different as possible to add some variety, for instance, with a left upper flipper).

bsd should be priced a bit lower and is just as good as shadow while being entirely different

#1992 8 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

Raised flipper also bounces ball high up the playfield out of control, so no loop passes to right flipper unless I master some better catch technique.

on a fast loop shot you wont be able to catch it unless you have lighting fast reflexes and hand eye coordination from my experience

#1995 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Yes that translight is far better than having to look at Alec Baldwin all the time, and it goes much better with the Cab artwork. IMO the translight is the worst thing about The Shadow.

followed immediately by that horrendous speak panel then the farley scene music/callouts. aside from those three this game is completely awesome. aurich has/had the best translite/panel/score card package but this was considerably less. He was out or i would have bought his

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

can you PM me where you got that translate and speaker panel? thanks!

stand by

#2027 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Picked up mine yesterday. Get this. It's still in my car as I haven't a minute to do anything yesterday or today. It's like Christmas is tomorrow

image.jpg

wow... score!!!!!

#2053 8 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

That sounds like the opto under the mini-pf on that side isn't sensing the beam being broken when the kicker swings over. I'd check the wires to it and see it one came off or maybe it never got reconnected if you disconnected it?

if the optos check good check the pinion gear. very common problem. pinball resource has rebuild kits if you need one

#2054 8 years ago
#2058 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Who's got (selling) the best LED kit? I'm not looking to change the GI look to all blue or anything like that, just matching (to the insert) colored LED's to take the place of of the dim incandescent.

try arthur at comet. not a kit but way less. use 2-smds for the inserts. if they are nice and not faded you could get away with plain natural white. if you want to color match you would have to do some counting then place the order. I have done a whole bunch of games with his stuff and they work great

20150312_003300.jpg20150312_003300.jpg

#2062 8 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Art also has these new purple passion bulbs which look really nice in the pics on his site for The Shadow.
9-24-2015 4-59-47 PM.png
9-24-2015 4-59-28 PM.png
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd-ppc.htm

don't do it man! those letters are supposed to be white. that will all run together and look like ass. ask art. go look at the pics on his site. there's a bunch of my games up there. it's all personal taste but to me color bomb looks awful

8 months later
#2838 7 years ago

this is the longest game in my collection, set on 5 ball and I just made final battle for the first time monday night. there's a reason its been there the longest and it just became more evident

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.