IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2458 8 years ago

Hi fellow owners!
Yesterday I picked up a Shadow, cleaned it, new rubbers, GI bulbs and all leds for the inserts, its a beauty. Im very pleased with it

MyShadow_(resized).jpgMyShadow_(resized).jpg

#2459 8 years ago

However...
It has a severe problem regarding the miniplayfield which I suspect will be timeconsuming to fix, so maybe one of you know what it can be, i will try to describe:

-First of all what i noticed is that the minikickers' ''rest'' position is to much down to the left. This can not be the correct position as the kicker can not kick when it is too far to the left.
-The kicker seems to try to kick, at random, it pulses but due to the fact it is so far to the left it cannot kick. (I believe it does this also when no game is on)
-The test program says that all is fine.
-I manually moved the kicker from left to right ( in switch test mode) and the optos detect its position as it should.
-When i manually put the kicker in the middle, then run the kicker test, it works fine.

-Related to this? The battlefield droptarget goes down when hit, battlefield ready shows in display, but the droptarget comes up right after. Hitting it again gives points, target drops and comes up again so there is no way to enter the miniplayfield. Occasionally the droptarget works as expected though.
-When occasionally it lets me enter the miniplayfield, the kicker does not work properly, most likely due to the issue I mentioned first..

any suggestions are more then welcome!

#2463 8 years ago
Quoted from gwynners:

Does the kicker behave the same way with the glass on as opposed to the glass off? I tried leveling my battlefield but it took it too close to the glass and that interfered with the opto's..

Im not sure what you mean, the glass off or on, but in both cases I suppose it reacts the same. I now know that it is not the kicker that tries to move, but the motor itself. It tries to get the kicker even more to the left. That wouldn't make sense since the optos register the kickers position correct. In testmode the opto switch is triggered half an inch before its ultimate left position, which to me seems OK.

What is the kickers normal, idle position anyway?

#2465 8 years ago
Quoted from gwynners:

I had a kicker behaving oddly with the opto's on the battlefield.

Ah, I now see what you mean, no its not the optos on the battlefield which register the ball, but the optos under the mini pf that register the motors' / kickers' position.
In idel mode my kicker sits in the utmost left position, you can see it in my picture as well, so that is not good.

1 week later
#2487 8 years ago

Maybe that is what someone asttempted on my machine, leaving it in this weird state.

1 week later
#2521 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

However...
It has a severe problem regarding the miniplayfield which I suspect will be timeconsuming to fix, so maybe one of you know what it can be, i will try to describe:
-First of all what i noticed is that the minikickers' ''rest'' position is to much down to the left. This can not be the correct position as the kicker can not kick when it is too far to the left.
-The kicker seems to try to kick, at random, it pulses but due to the fact it is so far to the left it cannot kick. (I believe it does this also when no game is on)
-The test program says that all is fine.
-I manually moved the kicker from left to right ( in switch test mode) and the optos detect its position as it should.
-When i manually put the kicker in the middle, then run the kicker test, it works fine.
-Related to this? The battlefield droptarget goes down when hit, battlefield ready shows in display, but the droptarget comes up right after. Hitting it again gives points, target drops and comes up again so there is no way to enter the miniplayfield. Occasionally the droptarget works as expected though.
-When occasionally it lets me enter the miniplayfield, the kicker does not work properly, most likely due to the issue I mentioned first..
any suggestions are more then welcome!

First time ever I quote myself...

And edit: It is not the kicker that tries to kick, but the motor that tries to go more to the left where it is already at its maximum left position.

Help!

1 week later
#2540 8 years ago

Any idea which fuse I should check?

#2542 8 years ago

just did, they r all ok

#2544 8 years ago

Im gonna leave this club as well, while im not selling my Shadow though. There is just no interest in peoples's Shadows and their questions. Its just about showing off translites and other bling bling, no real content. A waste of time to check this thread.

1 month later
#2631 8 years ago

Whew, finally fixed it.. most difficult fault to find ever. thanks to those who provided input..although it was somethig totally different

1 month later
#2743 7 years ago

After fixing the kicker issue i finally got a few, well 50+ games on it. I must say that Shadow is the most difficult game I have ever owned or played. It is sitting next to my Dracula, which also has a reputation of being difficult..but compared to Shadow, Dracula is peanuts. I have not been reading rules which i never do, and thus on Shadow I still do not have clue what to shoot for. There is no time to read the DMD, for me at least lol. For sure its one of the fastest games out there. Shortest ball times ever. Multiball(s) ... before getting into a certain level of control most of the times 1 or 2 already drained, the side drains are easy/cheap, let alone the STM's. Wheew..its a real challenge this one. At this point 1,1 billion is my maximum, not even close to finishing the game.
What are your experiences?

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

That's a solid score! Learn to hit the ramps safely and then use them to always direct the ball to the flipper you need it on.
For me control and the extreme flow in the game come from mastering the ramp shots. I also find the loop very important to if you intend to score high.
There's some more twists to avoiding drains, e.g. try never to let the ball fall off the Battlefield to the right, it should always drop from the left side of the paddle. Don't shoot for the Sanctum if lock is not lit, it'll get hit anyway along the way to activate the lock.
Use the Battlefield to take some speed out of the game if things get to hectic. Also make use of the Jackpot doubling and tripling, it'll boost your score and parking the balls in the saucers massively reduces the pace during multiballs.

Ha, it is set to 5 balls.. the scoring is not really bothering me its more the balltime. I feel I may never get towards the end of the game. When I just miss either of the ramps a STM is the consequence. Also air balls flying over the flippers when backhanding the left ramp and hitting the left target. Lol there are so many ways to loose the ball without time to react. indeed, when aimng for targets in the top center, there is also big risk on STM's. Guess practise practise and more practise is required!
Thanks for the advice all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.50
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbally_1968.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=pinbally_1968 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.