IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parzival.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4299 6 years ago

Is there a transparent Sanctum decal? My grey paint looks really good, but the decal I have isnt even close.

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think he’s after a Sanctum water slide.

Yes, after doing some quick research, that is what I'm looking for. Seems like the best way to do it is print yourself but if anyone knows someone that sells these, let me know!

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Throw some Mylar down and you’re good. Just wax the playfield first, so that the mylar will be more easy to remove if you ever need to (assuming the wax won’t interact badly with your paint).

This is an option too, but I need the lettering "To the Sanctum". My restore of that area, covered the original lettering

#4305 6 years ago

Anyone have the file I would need to print for the water slide Sanctum decal?

4 months later
#4492 6 years ago

Does anybody still sell the green dot for the Sanctum?

#4506 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Hey sorry where can I get one of these?

I'm still looking for one too

#4517 6 years ago

Still looking for a green dot if anyone has a spare

1 week later
#4539 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Honestly, save yourself the trouble and get some JB Weld, a thing of Apple Barrel branded “Country Grey” paint (.99 cents at AC Moore), and a small cutout of Mylar.
-Clean the surrounding area with naphtha/Novus 2, use painters tape to tape off the surrounding area, mix up the JB Weld and fill in the divot (use a putty knife to smooth it out).
-Let the epoxy cure for 24 hours. Then block sand the JB weld down Flush with the rest of the Playfield. Wipe down with naphtha.
-retape everything (since sanding will take the tape off), and using a foam brush, brush on a good hearty coat of the country grey paint. Let dry.
-remove paint. Slap on a piece of Mylar, and I guarantee it’ll be a perfect paint match.
It might sound like a lot of work, but it’s really not. And it’ll permanently fix the problem, and look 10000x better than the stupid green dot or horrendously matches grey sanctum decal. If I remember, I’ll post some before and after pictures of my game. It was *really* bad.

This is the repair process I took with mine, and it looks great (just make sure you really sand down the JB Weld, can't be any ridge at all). I still like the look of the green dot though, and would like to put one on to be extra careful.

#4540 6 years ago

What coil is everyone using for the sanctum lock? My magnet is dead on, but the "throw back" seems a little weak, especially over numerous games played. I am using AE-23-800

#4542 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

You mean the brick wall thing?

Yep! What coil to throw the ball back to lock?

#4546 6 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Yeah, the magnet de-energizes for a split second causing the ball to fall down a bit; then the magnet energizes for a split second to pull the ball back up the table causing the "throw" back to the lock.
-Jim

Yeah, I knew the magnet would have to pull the ball back, but my magnet is hooked up to a coil. When I unplug that coil, the magnet stopping action still works, but the throw back doesn't.

So what would typically cause a weak throw back action? I just replaced my magnet. Appreciate the assistance!

41e5916bf1aba3543ec69332a996be317843150a.jpeg (resized).jpg41e5916bf1aba3543ec69332a996be317843150a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

That looks very wrong. Here's a pic of mine.

Kinda figured the coil was some sort of hack. I just replaced the coil, and it throws it back perfect now.

Not sure why I have an extra coil in the machine though...

#4556 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No the LM version! Low magnetism.

Magnet has been successfully rewired and the "throw back" is strong now. Thanks to all the helped identify this issue. Coil certainly seemed strange, but assumed it was correct until helpful comments in this thread.

2 months later
#4648 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Anyone have a spare "Sanctum Dot" or similar to spare? I PM'd original poster but no luck so far. Mine has a small dot that would easily be covered up by this.

I have a couple spares, too. The 3M mylar type ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parzival.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.