IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5190 5 years ago

Recently joined the club game needs a good shop job. This doesn’t look too bad just a little dirty. Where’s the wear typically at in this area?

A189E3A3-6B16-4261-B0CA-186EBD1B12F6 (resized).jpegA189E3A3-6B16-4261-B0CA-186EBD1B12F6 (resized).jpeg

#5196 5 years ago

Anyone have a picture of this area? Need to make a few connectors but just want to makesure the wires are in the correct positions. Thanks!

656D8F52-5485-4479-B206-E78AE49981C8 (resized).jpeg656D8F52-5485-4479-B206-E78AE49981C8 (resized).jpeg769FC908-466E-40CD-AEA3-3740AFABEB04 (resized).jpeg769FC908-466E-40CD-AEA3-3740AFABEB04 (resized).jpegAC37BA1E-3DFD-43DF-B6A8-5C52722DF625 (resized).jpegAC37BA1E-3DFD-43DF-B6A8-5C52722DF625 (resized).jpeg
#5211 5 years ago

I think my ring lights are out, does someone sell those little lights anywhere?

#5219 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Put a LED inside.[quoted image]

Wow, great idea.. Someone said pinball resource had them too.

1 month later
#5406 5 years ago

Just finished shopping my game out and I can’t figure out where this piece goes. Anyone know? Thanks!

1F2DCCA3-35EB-4F33-9B95-FE98120C0435 (resized).jpeg1F2DCCA3-35EB-4F33-9B95-FE98120C0435 (resized).jpeg
#5408 5 years ago

Another question, does anyone’s magnet when it holds the pinball by the sanctum not pull the ball back to lock it. Mine use to work correctly but now after cleaning it the ball just rolls back towards the flippers after the magnet releases it.

#5414 5 years ago

Alright I looked at the switch and I put the game in test mode and the switch works. Does this switch look right to you guys? That switch was regristing that the wall was down because of the lever that was on it but yet the wall was up not down. Seems like there should be a spring or something holding that lever until wall comes down on it..

During game play magnet catches ball and opts work it switch test mode and wall goes down but the ball releases and rolls back to flippers..
9F4CD7A3-624A-45BF-BA5E-0650EA325134 (resized).jpeg9F4CD7A3-624A-45BF-BA5E-0650EA325134 (resized).jpegC0F80F0B-7145-4323-B438-BEB1E03BC783 (resized).jpegC0F80F0B-7145-4323-B438-BEB1E03BC783 (resized).jpeg1C90401F-FC32-4933-A4ED-C6FF442CD7A4 (resized).jpeg1C90401F-FC32-4933-A4ED-C6FF442CD7A4 (resized).jpeg

#5416 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How did you test the switch? With your finger? If so, then that is not a good test. It needs to trigger when the plastic sanctum wall is down. Manually drop the wall target and see if that triggers the switch. I bet you need to twist the switch counter clockwise a bit and tighten. If it gets loose, the sanctum will push it back and then not trigger. You also want to make sure the swing arm does not trigger the switch - only the wall target.

Yeah I tested with my hand to make sure it was working. The swing arm is resting on the switch and is triggering the switch and yet the wall is in the up position is that correct???

so the swing arm shouldn't trigger the switch in resting mode? I can probably bend the switch a little and that way it doesn't register it..

I guess I am not understanding how this mech works fully.

#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Either way. It a switch problem. The weight of that arm shouldnt be enough to trigger. I would remove that thing and clean it while you are at it. Its pretty filthy

yeah I am going to definitely do that ..

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

The swing arm should NOT be triggering the switch. When the pf is down, gravity will bring the swing arm down. If that triggers the switch then the game will think the wall is down when it is up. ONLY the red wall target should activate the switch as it moves down. Go into the menu settings and drop the sanctum wall. Get under the pf and manually move the wall target up and down some without locking it up in switch test mode. Verify the switch is only activating from the wall target and not the swing arm.
The sanctum target mech works off of a couple of coils, an opto, and a switch. The opto tells the game when the ball has crossed the magnet. The small coil will release pin holding wall target so it will drop. The switch at the bottom of the wall target will tell the game when the wall is down (or up if switch not triggered). The other coil will be used to raise the target back up.

Okay yeah I noticed yesterday that in the normal position when the wall was up in switch test it was activated. Seems like I can just bend the switch a little to make it harder to register somehow. Anyone have a good picture of their switch?

2 weeks later
#5461 5 years ago

Fixed -Alright I was able to work on my Shadow last night for a couple of hours and got the magnet area fixed. Seemed to be the switch at the bottom of the drop target causing problems for me.. I adjusted the switch so it only registers when the drop target drops, mine was registering from the little metal bar instead and everything now seems to be working correctly now. Thanks everyone for your help!

9 months later
#6566 4 years ago

On my Shadow all the head lights in the back box are out. I don’t have a manual just wondered what connector is responsible for these lights? Not seeing any burnt connectors either..

I checked all the GI fuses and they are good.

#6567 4 years ago

Fixed, just was a loose connection.. lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6858 4 years ago

I just cleaned and rebuilt my flippers on my shadow, but I still feel the flippers are just a tad weak. Have any of you guys bought new coils that are a little stronger then the orgianl for the game? If so which coils did you upgrade to?

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Check your flipper opto boards. Those get tired / worn out and the flippers become weak because of it.

Okay good idea.. I’ll remove them and clean them.. They seem to respond just fine but could probably use a good cleaning. Have you had flipper opt cause a weak flipper before?

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If I added stronger coils, I'd break all the drop targets in the game. Are you sure your coils are OEM? Is the plunger rubbing aggressively on the coil sleaves? Have you checked the voltage?

What do you mean? OEM? Plunger is fine this isn't my first rebuild.

#6866 4 years ago

Where does this plastic go? Thanks!

06068179-7ED5-4614-A430-F7D042411167 (resized).jpeg06068179-7ED5-4614-A430-F7D042411167 (resized).jpeg
#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

[quoted image]

Is there suppose to be two ramp covers like that? I think mine are both missing.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yes. Slightly different for each ramp. See the pics between your post and this one.

Okay I was just looking at that other guys picture posts above and just noticed the other one. Thanks! During gameplay the ball doesn’t seem to jump off the ramp or anything so maybe I don’t need them. I do have some plastic laying around I could probably make a set if I needed too.

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Seems like those plastics also restrain the sides of the ramps and help keep the welds from breaking, which is a common issue.

Yeah probably a good reinforcement for the front of those ramps.

1 week later
#6924 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm running all light blue post in my game so upgraded these to get rid of nasty yellow. I might swap all squares to dark blue translucent as the don't make light blue but it would be over $100. Still on the fence but why stop short. I did so much to this.[quoted image]

Those look a lot better! Nice!

#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Alright, so quarantine is giving me some free time to work on a few issues I’m having and I’m hoping someone may be able to help.
1. Battlefield has half of the lights out. I replaced bulbs and sockets, still not working. Not sure where to begin with this.
2. Upper flipper flips twice real quick when the button is pushed and then falls back to starting position. Thinking the hold wire from what I’ve read, but everything looks to be wired in well. Not sure.
3. Sanctum not working right. The ball hits the opto and the magnet holds it, but the wall doesn’t come down. It doesn’t register the lock until the next players turn. Odd. I replaced the coil that fires the pin to let the wall down.
Thanks everyone! May just start a new thread, but figured I would try here first. Appreciate any help! Trying to get this to playing 100%

Flipper issue should be easy, probably just needs a new spring or coil sleeve and good cleaning.

As for the wall, I had to adjust mine not too long ago. I could look or take a picture for you of mine. Maybe it would help you adjust it better..

#6928 4 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

That would be awesome, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Here’s a picture of my wall assembly underneath playfield, hope that helps..

76BAB381-C04B-46A4-BE8A-B404D3EB2B1F (resized).jpeg76BAB381-C04B-46A4-BE8A-B404D3EB2B1F (resized).jpeg
#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

Hey Shadow guys,
Just finished the LEDs swap out and darn, can't get the game moving again.Here is a couple photos message and the mod LED--looks great but Can't play--LOL..!
So--I get a ground error--also test switch mode- it does not show up, but as I test others--flashes of missing ground is happening on many switches.
Is it possible that I pulled out light sockets from the playfield it shorted out a ground or board? Where would I start looking?
Also thought of swapping switches--but at "Switch Test" mode, pressing the "Extra Ball" button right bottom coin door--message quick flash--"Ground Missing"
Any thoughts of what and where to look as I traced the Wht/Yellow to 3 switches.. Still no start up and can't figure out.. Help Please![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you unplug the mini playfield does the ground short error go away? I’ve replaced bulbs to LEDs before and had a message come up like this only to find metal touching another metal that caused the short.

#6946 4 years ago
Quoted from Flystoyer:

Hey Pacman11,
Nice Idea---Well did that and no luck--Thoughts??

Well just wonder if it was on the mini playfield or not. Most not be then.. follow your foot steps and check all lights to makesure they aren’t touching other metals..

1 month later
#7185 3 years ago

Having an issue with my Shadow. The upper playfield paddle that slides back and forth to hit the ball moves slow when pushing the left flipper compare to pushing the right flipper. Any thoughts?

#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had this exact problem and mine was broken wire on the opto. Re soldered and it fixed it.

What opt? Flipper opt?

#7206 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Okay, I'm done. Felt the new targets needed light. Someone makes these custom led target ones. Added mirror blades too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that’s a lot of targets you replaced! Looks nice though!

1 month later
#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Hadn't played my Shadow in a while, and it turned on but didn't play last night.
Here's what I have:
GI is on.
Will start a game (without kicking out a ball)
Flippers work.
Sound works.
Board indicator LEDs seem correct.
No coils, game or test
No flashers, game or test
No controlled lights, game, test, or attract.
I get a single "bong" during startup, but the mini-playfield paddle does not move.
Things I have treid:
Factory reset
Reseated ribbon cables and power connections to MPU and driver board
All fuses checked with meter
Driver board TPs with meter. 50V is more like 70, everything else really close.
What next? MPU or driver problem?
Any help appreciated. Maybe The Shadow knows........

Do you have an extra driverboard? Swap it out..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=pacman11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.