IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (10 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 10 years ago

What evil lerks in the heart of man......

3 weeks later
#224 10 years ago

Cab decals would be sweet for that game

5 months later
#438 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I just installed this plastic in my Shadow and it looks great. Expensive but it does look good.

I picked one up as well and haven't installed it yet. Was yours plastic? The one I got is a dense cardboard.

#454 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

And how about skyline decals for the inner side walls?

This isn't a bad idea at all.....

1 month later
#513 10 years ago

Attachments don't work? Pics please?

5 months later
#904 9 years ago

IMG_2047.jpgIMG_2047.jpg

I finally got around to installing my new translite in my game today. It is simply AWESOME and haven't even played round with the illumination yet. Great job Aurich!

IMG_2046.jpgIMG_2046.jpg IMG_2048.JPGIMG_2048.JPG
#905 9 years ago

The smoke looks kick ass!

2 months later
#1015 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Just FYI
I already sent messages to those who were looking for this part.
PPS you are my current hero.
In stock left diverter brackets
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-18956-2&Store_Code=PP

Some new diverters would be cool to!

3 weeks later
#1086 9 years ago

Shadow sounds awesome with an ext sub hooked up

#1109 9 years ago

C

Quoted from Aurich:I haven't messed with sideboard decals yet

Count me in for a set

1 month later
#1170 9 years ago

165.00?

That's a bit to much for me but it is a cool design.

2 months later
#1276 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I know I could get it tack welded but I don't know what quality I'll find with that.

I had mine re welded then had the ramps polished to look like chrome. You can't see the tack welds at all and the polished ramps look pimp.

6 months later
#1636 8 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

Does it matter how the red/black wire are attached to the coil? looking at a pinball ninja video I can see that they are reversed.shadow.JPG

The coil is upside down in the pic you posted. The wires look correct to me.

#1637 8 years ago

Sorry, the second pic the coil is upside down. Check the transistor.

2 weeks later
#1705 8 years ago

When I want to buy something I usually use Google. I searched for Shadow Pinball Phurbas for Sale and Planetary's site came up? I can't see people that want them so bad not doing the same thing
If I can't find said part through a Google search I then turn to Pinside for help.

#1707 8 years ago

Totally agree.
All my point was if that your looking for something specific like a phurba; Google it. Don't blame a Vendor for not advertising something on pinside when they have 10000 parts listed on their website. That's why they have a website is to advertise their stuff. I don't blame PPS for not wanting illegally reproduced or unlicensed parts being sold publicly. He's protecting his interests.

#1709 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why not "blame" a vendor for not advertising in game specific threads like the club threads?

Have we really become that spoon fed that we expect the parts to come to us? PPS obviously doesn't need to hawk individual parts on 20 different club threads for 100 new parts? Seems a little unrealistic to me. Marcos doesn't advertise a single part on Pinside? Why? They don't need to. They got a website for that. So are you saying Marcospecialties is also missing the boat as well? I'd say they are doing ok.

1 week later
#1758 8 years ago

I've never seen a Shadow with DM handles before. Pretty cool stuff. I as well like the translite but not sure if it's the best I've seen as I feel the bar set a while ago
Still very cool stuff! Great game as well!

#1763 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What translate art did you create?

I never stated I created one but here is the one to which I was referring. Comes with a new speaker panel as well. Really compliments the game. Absolutely everyone that plays mine comments on the artwork on the translite; not to busy but ties together well with the rest of the machine. I'm not knocking the other translite, I think its well done also I just think the one I linked below is better in my opinion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-new-original-alternate-translite-speaker-panel-cards

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

They both have a custom speaker panel

I never saw that. Thats pretty slick too.

#1775 8 years ago

That's awesome!

#1776 8 years ago

The Shadow is the next ColorDMD!!!

#1780 8 years ago

Check colorDMD's Facebook. They been droppin hints for the last few days. Can't believe it took me so long to figure it out. Can't frikken wait!

#1789 8 years ago

Buy it

2 months later
#2145 8 years ago

I had my ramps stripped and re-gold plated a few years ago. I decided to use clear powder coat over them so they won't tarnish or wear. Turned out great.

2 weeks later
#2217 8 years ago
Quoted from tachi:

I have posted a few times in this thread and fixed some of the issues I listed. Right now I'm at a point where I don't know how to fix whats still showing error's on. I have 2 choices
Option A: sell "The Shadow" I paid 2,800$ and have sunk another 400$ into the complete teardown and clean and fix (new plastic set, new flipper sets complete rebuild including solenoids on all 3, full LED setup installed + I have another 75 un-installed LEDs of various colors so that you could setup the machine on whatever light scheme you prefered)
Option B: find someone who can help me fix it, It throws error codes on the mini-battlefield. as if the opto's that measure the side to side motion are not registering so the gear/motor spins the kicker to the left side and never stops properly just bumps into the plastic and grinds till the board tells it to stop. I can't find any setting to test the mini playfield individual sensors.
When i purchased the machine 6 months ago it was in 100% working condition but was in a typical routed shape, very dirty and things needed adjusting all over. The wear on the sanctum caused the machine to not register the ball properly without keeping the game improperly tilted up high in the back. I stripped the playfield and used wood filler to fill the divot, used paint to try and paint over then did clear coat on the area so its now very smooth and flat.
-I live in the albany NY area if anyone is near enough to offer any help. If i did post it for sale could I break even? or at least sell for close to 3k? I really wish I spent the extra thousand and got the HUO Simpsons machine. I liked The Shadow flow better and this was the cleanest Shadow I could find.

Balboarules is right. Check the individual optos first but if I was a gambling man I would say it is something with the 10 opto board. Had a similar issue and after replacing U1-U3(not sure which one was faulting so I replaced all three) on the opto board it's good as new. I think a new board is 100$

1 month later
#2422 8 years ago

Finally got around to shopping my Shadow pin. I made a custom apron magnet for it.

IMG_4881_(resized).jpegIMG_4881_(resized).jpeg

FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg

#2423 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Finally got around to shopping my Shadow pin. I made a custom apron magnet for it.

FullSizeRender_2_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_3_(resized).jpg

There's a couple layers missing on this version. The final has a coloured ring and some font.

3 years later
#6237 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Anyone have a few used plastics they want to get rid of? I really only need the slings and the main plastic that goes up the right side of the playfield... Thanks!

I got some somewhere. I’ll gave a look after work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
6,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ninjaboot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=ninjaboot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.