Topic Stats

• 6,981 posts
  • 571 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by PinHigh1
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,878 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200405_132119 (resized).jpg
20200405_132104 (resized).jpg
20200405_132100 (resized).jpg
20200405_132053 (resized).jpg
20200405_132045 (resized).jpg
20200405_132018 (resized).jpg
20200405_132010 (resized).jpg
20200329_141440 (resized).jpg
20200323_150332 (1) (resized).jpg
20200323_150306 (1) (resized).jpg
20200329_153835 (resized).jpg
20200404_195525 (resized).jpg
20200404_202440 (resized).jpg
ED2AEE82-04E4-45F0-B111-87DAFC98C8E0 (resized).jpeg
A6B3D175-9B7D-4AFC-99AB-E4780D46319D (resized).jpeg
EC3CAA76-09E5-47BE-903E-EB107CF104D0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (6 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from action76:

I've got a question for all TS owners out there. On The Shadow that was in the game room at my college, the ball would almost always land in the Khan multiball/mode start hole after shooting the left loop and holding the upper right flipper. Mine NEVER does that. What does yours do? Is it supposed to land in that hole and what adjustments could I make to fix that if it is?

I'm going to disagree with everyone that said this shouldn't happen. It's obviously part of the game design. Mode start is labelled on the right mode start. It's not even labelled on the khan hole. In either case, its such an obvious flow point. Left orbit, hold flipper to start mode. I always set up all shadows that I work on to do this. If your game doesn't do this, you want it to. Go adjust the angel of the upper flipper until it does.

#147 6 years ago

Does anybody in this here club have either of the alternate translites on their machine? If so, can you post a pic?

Sort of an old picture, but you get the idea

shadow.JPG

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How many drivers you have? Looks like I see 3, I would assume you have 4 or more to keep them in pairs.

I have 4 as you guessed. They're actually Xbox 360 converted.

3 years later
#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

After fixing the kicker issue i finally got a few, well 50+ games on it. I must say that Shadow is the most difficult game I have ever owned or played. It is sitting next to my Dracula, which also has a reputation of being difficult..but compared to Shadow, Dracula is peanuts. I have not been reading rules which i never do, and thus on Shadow I still do not have clue what to shoot for. There is no time to read the DMD, for me at least lol. For sure its one of the fastest games out there. Shortest ball times ever. Multiball(s) ... before getting into a certain level of control most of the times 1 or 2 already drained, the side drains are easy/cheap, let alone the STM's. Wheew..its a real challenge this one. At this point 1,1 billion is my maximum, not even close to finishing the game.
What are your experiences?

Shadow is a tough game to get set up properly but when set up correctly, a solid shot to left orbit, hold upper flipper up, should cause ball to bounce into the Kahn mode start. That makes the game tons easier. You can get through the modes that way.

One of my favorite combos is when Kahn mb is one rollover from being started and you get a skill shot for Mongol. Then it's plunge, left ramp Mongol start, left orbit to collect Mongol, hold flipper to start Kahn mb.

Getting the upper flipper bounce to mode start working involves having a rebuilt upper flipper so that there is no looseness that takes the energy from the ball.

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I asked this a few days ago but roused your nemisis regarding upper flipper alignment instead of you - if you've rebuilt the upper flipper do you find it still protrudes out at all into the right orbit lane when you've got it adjusted to angle left orbit shots into the Khan hole? That's been my experience but I do need to rebuild all three flippers so maybe that will change things.

Before the rebuild, the flipper significantly protruded outward to accomplish the orbit bounce. After the rebuild and replacing the nylon bushing that goes into the playfield, it is almost perfectly aligned with the ball guide rail and does not appear to significantly protrude out. I also out a red regular rubber on this flipper, which is more bouncy. The lowers have Titan silicon rubbers. It should also be possible to hit the shadow loop and hold the flipper for mode start.

#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Finally joined the club!!!
Got some stuff to fix: flipper rebuilds, upper right GI totally out (not a fuse), sticky drops on the battle field, a few flashers out...
But all in all its in decent shape and we are thrilled to have it in the lineup.
I am in need of an original translite and speaker panel. My wife likes them more than any of the alternates and strangely our came with a beat up translite and a Aurich speaker panel. If anyone has a set they can part with you would make her day!
Cheers!

I would swap my original speaker panel for your aurich one. I need the translite also though. I would swap my translite also for the aurich one.

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi , not an owner but thinking of becoming one. Have a question ....... Is shadow considered a deep game ? I saw "great ruleset" in the ratings but wondering if it's deep and are there a lot of shots?
Thank u

It's not super deep. There are some 6 or so modes. Starting them each, getting the two multiballs and defending the upper playfield gets you to final battle. It's a shame that vengeance wasn't worked into that requirement. There's some decent mode stacking. Shots are strategic due to the user controlled ramp diverters.

#2784 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Anyone have a DCS sound board they are willing to sell? I am guessing someone has upgraded to a Pinsound. My board has a bad amp and the previous "repair" jobs done by others have basically left the one I have unfixable.
Trying to keep cost down, but if I have to do it I will spend the $350 for a pinsound.

Nothing is unfixable. Send the board to rob from lock when lit or Chris hibbler

3 weeks later
#2865 3 years ago

GI never needs to be non ghosting as led ghosting is caused by the way a lamp matrix is strobed. The GI is not part of the lamp matrix.

Shadow does not ghost or need non ghosting bulbs. Further, machines that do ghost do not only ghost for some of the lamps. Ghosting is caused by the way the matrix is pulsed when addressing rows and columns, and the matrix is pulsed the same for the entire matrix. If you had some ghosting lamps only, you had a minor lamp matrix problem and covered the symptom with non ghosting bulbs. It's likely to get worse in the future, however, depending on what the cause may be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside