IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4471 6 years ago

Have a chance to pick one of these up in the low $3000's, other than usual playfield wear and overall condition is there something in particular to look out for on TS?

#4473 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sanctum wear is probably the biggest thing. Any divets or heavy wear can be an issue. Make sure the ball lock mechanism/magnet works. Check diverter action as well. I would also check for missing phurbas or mongols. Those are cosmetic but don't think anyone remakes these.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

2 years later
#7255 3 years ago

So my sanctum works great for the first couple of games and then the magnet will catch the ball but ball doesn't roll backwards enough to trigger the other opto to work properly. I believe the balls may be getting magnetized is the issue. Has anyone had this issue and tried non magnetic balls for a fix?

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I had a shadow that did this years ago. Easy test, get a thin plastic card. I membership card or something the size of a credit card. Tape it down over the sanctum, if everything works then it is your sanctum area that needs to be fixed. If the ball still sits there you have other issues.

It works just fine for a couple games so that tells me it's not the area. Only thing that makes sense to me is the balls getting magnetized as the game goes along. Other games that use magnets don't have a design to where the ball has to roll backwards in between magnet operations for the toy to work correctly. I've read plenty of posts where the sanctum area was repaired perfectly flat and they still had issues.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Once the magnet releases does the ball just roll back down the playfield toward the flippers? Mine would do the same. Work sometimes and then stop. Almost like the area gets hot or something and the ball sits in a divot or something. I just printed up some sanctum covers on a clear plastic and it fixed the problem until I sold it.

It will sometimes just stay there and sometimes roll down the playfield. There is a small divot that the previous owner covered with a sanctum overlay, just think it would not work from the beginning if the divot was the issue. What plastic did you use?

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

"Other" opto. There is only one. Once it triggers, the cpu does the rest. I believe the magnet holds it, lets it go for a split second, then pulses and thats what kicks it up and around. Magnetic balls are not good but dont think thats the problem.

If there's only one then the ball must have to roll back far enough to clear the single opto for it to trigger the pulse I'm guessing.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

that is exactly what mine did. Do you have a old credit card sized plastic card? or just use your drivers license. temporarily tape it down on the sanctum area just for testing.
your sanctum area will need to be fixed. this is a very common shadow problem. my buddies is currently doing it and he just taped a plastic card down so he could play it until he gets fixed.

Well if patching up that that area was a 100% fix for everyone then I would feel more comfortable spending the time to do it but have read in other threads that some people still have issues. Just doesn't make sense to me that it would work fine for a couple of games with the divot and then all of a sudden the divot is causing the problem. Maybe the plastic interrupts any magnetism of the balls if that is part of the problem. I have tried mylar but that is too flexible, any suggestions on a thin more rigid plastic with an adhesive backing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.