IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3206 7 years ago

Joined the club this weekend.

I'm 80% done converting to LEDs, but I'll have to place another order. Going to be adding a lot more red under the battlefield.
IMG_1964[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1964[1] (resized).JPG

The center of the playfield seemed really dark so I added a spotlight. I only had a super bright in purple, but I might order some others to test. I like how this position blends into some of the playfield artwork.
IMG_1961[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1961[1] (resized).JPG

My first attempt at illuminating the battlefield. This is spotlight is just mounted to the nearby flasher.
IMG_1963[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1963[1] (resized).JPG

Does anyone have this missing plastic? Also looking for the large plastic that wraps around the left ramp and a Mongol. I regret not buying one at the expo.
IMG_1962[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1962[1] (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#3285 7 years ago

Mine gets stuck there often. I've been meaning to look into it, but I wanted to let you know you were not alone with this issue.

1 month later
#3364 7 years ago

I don't really know much about electronics but when the battlefield motor is activated could you tap into the 20v, run it through a 7805 resistor, and have that power a 5v lamp?

#3377 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

How many people are interested in this? Are you willing to build your own boards? Or does it have to be plug and play?

I'd say the simpler the better, but I'd be interested in either option. Do you happen to know if this would work?

Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't really know much about electronics but when the battlefield motor is activated could you tap into the 20v, run it through a 7805 resistor, and have that power a 5v lamp?

#3389 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just did a run of my Shadow translites, have a few unclaimed if anyone is looking for one. Shoot me a PM.

Payment sent. I sure think The Shadow is going to be a keeper. Can someone point me in the direction of the recommended LED layout with the new translight? I thought I remembered seeing something posted earlier. Thank you.

#3407 7 years ago

Looking to purchase the following plastics if anyone has an extra. I also need Mongols.

TS Plastics (resized).jpgTS Plastics (resized).jpg

#3408 7 years ago

Alternative translight came in the mail today. It's beautiful with just cool whites.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#3522 7 years ago

I'm possibly interested in the light mod pending price and functionality.

#3536 7 years ago

Ahh...I had to take one out awhile ago and it was a pain. I ended up having to file it off.

4 weeks later
#3600 7 years ago

Have you tried the dimmer switch from Comet? I ordered a few and plan to use one for battlefield illumination and one to control the brightness on the red strips in my Congo volcano.

#3616 7 years ago

I tried a frosted w/ dimmer tonight. I still wasn't really happy with it. I'm going to try to rig up some custom LEDs in the paddle. It just really needs to be front lit.

#3618 7 years ago

I'm not sure others are going to want to go this extreme with illumination. This is two SMDs mounted to the paddle. I only had yellow and don't mind that look, but I will also be ordering white to compare. It's still a bit of a hack job in the picture.

IMG_2227[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2227[1] (resized).JPG

#3626 7 years ago

My solution to battlefield illumination...

#3634 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Sorry, look like they are mounted to the back of the paddle. Guess the light shines through the plastic ok?

The LEDs are mounted to the back, but I was bold (or dumb) enough to drill holes through the paddle. I haven't noticed any difference in the functionality. I had also considered filling with a clear silicone, but I don't think that will be necessary.

PS: Before doing the drilling, I made sure the replacement paddles were in stock.

#3640 7 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

The

That looks great! Can you do another video with the ball and paddle in action?

I'll try to find a cameraman.

#3647 7 years ago

Do you have them available without the dot? How do you apply them? Is it basically just sticking them on and being done with it?

2 weeks later
#3676 7 years ago

So this question came up in another thread. When you hold the third flipper does a looped ball often wind up in the Kahn hole? Please post your answer and slope setting.

#3678 7 years ago

What is your slope setting? Mine is set at 7.25 and a lifted third flipper does feed the Kahn hole whenever the loop is hit with any speed. It obviously has a major effect on the difficulty. For me it seems to make the game more balanced. I think without it setup the way mine is setup, I'd always shoot for the Shadow Loop. I don't think it really matters, but I'm honestly curious how it was designed. I'd be willing to write or email someone on the design team if that's at all possible.

#3693 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I preferred the Cointaker super premium cool whites for my main mode lights. Also added gold mirror blades, newly brassed wire forms and trim. Got 15 games now and this one is still my favorite all around game.
Speaker lights get really saturated in the pics. Not near that bright.

Looks really nice. I like everything except for the purple GI. If I had the funds I'd make the switch to the gold/brass trim. It looks great on this game.

#3698 7 years ago

We need to start some group wanted lists for missing plastics. When you have enough people interested a full set is bought and split among those needed various plastics. I need these two...

TS Plastics (resized).jpgTS Plastics (resized).jpg

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

played around with some back box lighting tonight using a big variety of bulbs.

I've tried various color in the backglass but keep going back frosted cool whites.

#3703 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have a used set and a repro set I could sell. I forget who the repro set was made by, but it was the guy before CPR started making their sets.

I'd be down for those two plastics if you can find enough other people interested in the rest. It's just not worth it to me to buy the whole set. My big plastic is only missing the tip of that white section and the other plastic is a ways in the back. With some red bulbs in there it's hard to even tell see that it's missing.

1 week later
#3740 7 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Speaking about plastics, I would need the big red one if anyone has it! (See attached) also if anyone has 2 crank arm for divertor and one of the 2 hexagonal post that are located under the miniplayfield (or knows where to look for a replacement) it would help me so much!!!

The post would be called a male to female standoff or spacer. You can find them on a site like mouser or most hardware stores.

3 weeks later
#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Holy crap -- $355 final bid?! That's a nice little profit! Couple people really wanted to stop having Alec stare at them

Wow...is Aurich still selling them?

#3811 6 years ago

The ones you ordered look correct to me. Perhaps some previous owner did a hack to get them to use another bulb. I'm not an expert though. I'm just basing it with what's on mine.

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

How did you get to Remove rivets?

Drilling

1 week later
#3867 6 years ago

Quick picture of the newly installed magnetic apron card.

IMG_2484[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2484[1] (resized).JPG

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Trying to decide if it's a mutual feeling for all of the Shadow owners? Your thoughts?

I added a single spotlight on the top of the right sling. I liked this location because the light matches that black to grey transition on the playfield. I originally installed a superbright purple; but ended up switching it out to a single frosted cool white. It lights it up enough without being annoyingly bright. I also posted a video of my solution to the battlefield lighting in this thread. I ended up adding SMD LEDs directly into the battlefield paddle. I'm sure a lot of people would be worried about the drilling, but the paddle is only a few bucks, so if you end up not liking it or you screw it up it's an easy replacement.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

where? now I gotta get one I love the one on my tom!

Pinside user NinJaBooT.

1 month later
#4008 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

How's the lasting ability with this pin. I'm leaning towards this for my next pin.

I was supposed to meet a guy at the Chicago Pinball Expo to pick up a Fish Tales, but he was a no show. I ended up using that cash for a The Shadow instead. I really do enjoy Fish Tales, but I have zero regrets about picking up The Shadow instead. I'm not sure it's my favorite game in my lineup, but I think Bram Stoker's Dracula, Congo, and The Shadow will all be staying for a long-long time in my small lineup. Three of the best bang for your buck pins in all of pinball. I still wouldn't mind adding another Fish Tales; but whenever they turn up the timing is horrible. This last time it was while my wife was in France and I just couldn't commit to buying another pin while she was out of the country. I'm sure I'll regret that decision. Anyway, I think it's a machine that could stay for quite some time in most collections. I know a few collectors that are exclusively into newer Sterns and they just don't get into the 90s era stuff, but if you are at all into the era you won't be disappointed by The Shadow.

#4015 6 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

lpeters82 - we have similar taste with our collections. Question: Did it take you a while to get into The Shadow or did you really dig it from the first time you played it?

I've always liked the toys on TS, so that really helped me get into the game right away. The ball lock is one of my favorite uses for a magnet and the battlefield is almost like a physical video mode. I really like that..so much so I wish they didn't have the other video mode. Probably my only real negatives on the gameplay is the difficulty of the modes and the ramps aren't the smoothest. On the positive side it's my wife's favorite machine.

Quoted from robotron:

thats a very nice line up. i am sure ill end up with a congo but everytime i see one its beat to crap. congo and bsd my next pins.

Thanks, I know it's not a lineup filled with A-listers, but I really think I've done well in terms of a bang for your buck list. I am worried my lineup is a bit to heavy on mid-90s pins, but that is the era I enjoy the most. I might go look at my first EM on Tuesday. I'll post more if that pans out.

4 months later
#4280 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

In my opinion, I'd suggest not to fix what isn't broken. The brass looks perfect, and reflects the art deco age of the theme. It's good to have contrast with the playfield and unity with the wireforms.

Agreed. It's great the way it is.

1 month later
#4373 6 years ago

Does anyone have an extra set of the clear plastics that cover the ramps. Please PM if you do.

#4375 6 years ago

Shoot, I just placed an order two days ago.

2 weeks later
#4393 6 years ago

This just happened to be in my facebook feed. Unfortunately he's in the middle of a tear down so no pictures with the art and playfield.

26229509_1778522795525325_2676483275281642998_n (resized).jpg26229509_1778522795525325_2676483275281642998_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4438 6 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

My father in law 3d printed me a 35cm (13.8 inch) high phurba dagger I'll use as a topper! I want to add a bit of black paint to make the details pop more and might be adding a led light/flasher below it. (I know it's not the same dagger as in the movie, but it's still cool haha) What do you think?

If the game had a traditional ball launcher that would have made a cool handle.

1 month later
#4494 6 years ago

What's the deal with the green dot? I've seen them before but didn't know why people were adding it to their games.

3 months later
#4687 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I just added an led strip over the backboard and spot lights added to the 2 slings and one for sanctum at right ramp left corner. Cost about $30. my game is lit up enough to play in the dark which I do. Also it is a must to have Aurich's translite and speaker panel. You can do all this for $100 less than pin stadium lighting.

I build an LED into the battlefield paddle and placed one spotlight on the right sling. The one works on this game since the light can be made to blend in perfectly with the cape on the playfield.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well I just got aurich 's translite package...and it looks gorgeous! I'm just missing the actual machine to put it in, lol.
Hopefully I'll be part of this club in the near future.

Are there still The Shadows out there with the original backglass?

#4695 5 years ago

So I don't hate the original backglass, but I think this 3-minute "alternative translight" for The Dark Knight might help to show what I dislike about it. The main focus should be on The Shadow, not Lemont.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4782 5 years ago

If anyone ever has some used Mongol figures please send me a PM.

4 months later
#5203 5 years ago

Anyone have either of these two plastics available for purchase?

1a86448a0a5b3d3dccc64f5c29fe774a668bac78 (resized).jpg1a86448a0a5b3d3dccc64f5c29fe774a668bac78 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#5270 5 years ago

I'm still happy with my solution to illuminating the battlefield. I drilled small holes though the paddle and mounted SMD bulbs behind it. I actually just disassembled a double flex bulb to get the SMDs I wanted. Works great and doesn't affect the functionality of the paddle in any way.

2 weeks later
#5391 5 years ago

Single bulb cool white frosted are perfect for the alternative translate.

4 months later
#5859 4 years ago

For The Shadow I like the chrome quite a lot. Because of that, it's not something I'd invest in for this title, but if someone were to gift me any option I wanted, I'd probably do an antique brass.

9 months later
#6905 4 years ago

This plastic is a bit of a pain to swap out.

20200324_182922 (resized).jpg20200324_182922 (resized).jpg

#6943 4 years ago

I dialed in my game over the weekend in preparation for a potential trade, that seems to have fallen though, but in the process I finally made it to Final Battle for the first time. Couldn't even tell you how many switches I was able to hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.