IMG_0617 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0618 (resized).jpeg
shadow-repairdone (resized).jpg
IMG_4396 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (10 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Hey guys, just joined the club over the weekend, mine needs a bit of work though, most of which is covered here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houstonshadow-sanctum-issue-and-others
My question here is, does anyone know a reason why the gun trigger wouldn't work to collect mongol hurry up at 3million, or why i cant use it during the video mode to clear the phurbas? Is it a rom issue or software settings (pretty sure its not settings)? Gun trigger plunges the ball when pulled and makes a gun clicking sound any other time.
Also, does anyone know if the ramp diverters will sometimes switch just as a new ball is being loaded into the plunger lane? One or both of the diverters seem to randomly switch directions sometimes at the start of a new ball, wasnt sure if this was normal or not?
Thanks guys, gonna install Aurichs translite and post some pics once i get everything fixed.

This is a guess but I think it may be your ROM version....

2 months later
#550 10 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Finally I'm joining the club!
Short video: » YouTube video
My current custom alt translite:
Need to shift some stuff around to make the translite match the leds in the backbox match better.

2014-01-06 20.56.34.jpg 229 KB

Wow a Swede translite, how cool..are you making extra?

#558 10 years ago

Do you a have a pic of just the shadow for the middle trainagle part without the women's face? Just my opinion but I would think that would be bad ass if that was bigger and basically the center piece of the translite.

PS: I still have a lot of love for Aurich's translite too.

#594 10 years ago

I don't think there is any switch for when it falls off, however most of the pf action is about 10-20 seconds long, so if there is a timer on it, it could go off after 20 seconds or so...not sure if it's worth ths trouble. one of the guys here put the spot light with yellow lights it was not enough to blind distract the player but provided a nice glow to the mini pf.

#596 10 years ago

Yeah, it was you Aurich, nice going, Iike the asthetics of the yellow/red.

1 month later
#689 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think it looks killer with the graphic. The font needs to be changed though.

Ditto..and remove sparkles as mentioned.

2 weeks later
#731 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Aurich its these little things in life that make it all worth it! thanks for sharing

Except he forgot to mention his daughter is 36.

2 months later
#842 9 years ago

My game is all led too, except for the rings. If you put white leds it will make the rings orange.

2 weeks later
#899 9 years ago

Bud, I can easily guess that you like fast pins too...the only one out of place is Twister but I kinda like that one too, another cool Borg design.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#1097 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Posted this a while back on the Aurich Alternate Translite thread and will repost here as it may help someone out. I took a number of photos of my back box and blended the images so the light colour configuration and bulb positioning can been seen relative to the artwork. I've got a mix of LED, flex LED and incandescent bulbs, and the bulb behind the street lamp is one of the ones that flashes on and off automatically. It's a nice touch that gives the appearance of a faulty street light. Note that you don't have to have a bulb in every socket. Enjoy...

Dude you're awesome. only one change for me, you put 2 green lamps by his face, I think only one needs to be green the left one needs to be white. Thanks for posting!

3 weeks later
#1146 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think if you emailed pps they may not care if you make the rings. Many need them. Never hurts to try.

Ha..come on KC? You're just kidding right? But seriously if you cast the rings and make some small changes to it you should be cool. Just don't make an exact copy.

#1157 9 years ago

I think you should approach this as a mod, go a different route all together...make a ring with with a clear insert and put a light changing RGB bulb behind it, so it changes colors or put a flasher behind it. You an get a crystal cut to fit the ring. You can go on Alibaba and find some companies that do small batch orders. I just did a quick search and this was just the first one that came up, $2.70 a stone, but the clear crystals are like .25 cents a piece:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2GC02024A-Factory-Price-Cushion-Facet-Cut_808147163.html

#1160 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you've seen the movie, The Shadow's rings are always red. So while the "Technicolor Dream Coat" approach might look interesting, it'd be a significant departure from the theme.

I know...but we paint the beige ships on STTNG, MET's sparky and a host of other stuff, so as a mod I wouldn't mind if the ring had RGB lights.

8 months later
#1679 8 years ago

Nice job..looks great. Now make some rings and mongols please...

1 week later
#1712 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

hat PPS site is totally off my radar and I've never ordered from them. Know who I do order from? The vendors I see posting here. Pinball Life, Comet, Cointaker, a dude from Poland, etc...

I say let him stay off your radar for good...the rings/daggars are coming same as the code bug fixes..etc..etc. PPS aka "Show me the money Rick" is always omnipresent to enforce license but haven't seen much action from them in term of repro parts.

1 week later
#1767 8 years ago

Hey I know who designed that translite...in case he says yes to making more, let me know. I already have Aurich's but I really like this one.

#1811 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I still have a problem with the miniplayfield kicker and don't know what to do. It goes lightning fast to the left but when I direct it to the right side it stutters his way in small steps. In the test menu it works flawless and every opto is working. In the mini playfield test it goes to both sides fluently, but in game it starts to stutter again.

look at the bracket underneath..is it intact or is it cracked on the right side?

#1813 8 years ago

This bracket was cracked on the right side on my game, it was making the kicker skip like the way you are describing. detail.jpgdetail.jpg

1 month later
#1957 8 years ago

Don't forget the duck displayed on the DMD....that's when you pull the trigger. The other easter egg is the cows, forgot how that one is started.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.