IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I've got mine partially torn down right now. Looking to get this thing really looking awesome. I'd love to hear some tips see some pictures and just discuss this game.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I have mine torn down as well. I just sent my wireforms and gun to Mike Chestnut today for re-plating.

Would you mind pm me what he charges for that?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Mike did my wireforms (brass) and gun handle (black nickel) too. Living 30 minutes away from him was really nice at the time.

Where does he live at?

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Just installed LED's in the inserts of my Shadow. Tony Middendorf kindly came over last week to get me started. Watching his process helped me develop my own. I placed an order with PinballBulbs and love the results.
Anybody interested in a breakdown of everything I used? I have it broken down to bay or wedge, color and etc. I could put the breakdown here or create another thread. Might be best to put it here?

Yeah Id like to see a breakdown. I have my shadow apart right now and it will help to have everything ready to go when it comes time to put the leds in. Thanks

#91 11 years ago

Does anyone know which is the best sanctum overlay? The one someone put on mine is way to pail its prettymuch white

I think they are all that white color, it looks hideous. I wish someone a could do a better color matching. I just pulled the the decal off mine and am gonna try my hand at the repair. Only problem is I need a decal for the lettering on the sanctum. Is this available? The bottom of a couple letters are worn. I'll post a pic.

IMG_20130419_164937.jpgIMG_20130419_164937.jpg

#95 11 years ago

Is there anyone here who has repaired the sanctum and has had to redo the lettering and if so how did you go about doing it?

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

I'm still trying to figure out my mini kicker coil prob which is really pushing me off cuz I can't figure it out. So playing mine atm isn't great cuz the balls just roll off the battlefield

Is it just not kicking at all? It may be bad optos.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

It's not optos it won't fire in solenoid test

Hmm' I assume you checked fuses? It could just be a bad coil? I'll let others more in the know comment.

1 week later
#145 10 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the spacer posts for the clear plastic ramp protectors? My left ramp doesn't have the plastic and it I need the spacers to install it.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Do you grease the battle field slide shafts? I don't think it needs it but I just cleaned off filthy black grease off it

I changed out the sliding bracket on mine because it was broken and had to add a light oil to the shafts to get it to work correctly.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

If u go on the marco site and scroll through The Shadow parts if the parts on there so will be the part number
Rudi

I understand this but I need a part number. I'll check and see if they have it.

3 weeks later
#190 10 years ago

I've put off my restoration for the moment but I'm gonna be coming back to it soon, do any of you that have repaired the sanctum know if wood epoxy is strong enough to use to repair the wood? It's the wood epoxy from home depot, I think it's called quik wood(insert dirty joke here).

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I don't know for sure but it may be too soft.
I have been thinking J-B weld on mine or maybe a Forstner bit and just drill it out and flush the magpole to the PF.
What could go wrong?

Hmm, jb weld does sound like it may work.

1 week later
#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Built on my purple accent color more this morning, installed purple star posts with blue leds wired to the GIs.

That looks great Aurich

2 weeks later
#212 10 years ago

If no one lets you know in a bit I'll measure it and post back.

1 month later
#296 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Several Shadow parts for sale including a rare left diverter. Plastics, Mongols, Phurba, ramps. PM me if you have any questions.Ebay link

PM sent

3 months later
#421 10 years ago

I have had my Shadow torn apart for some time now and hope I can get it back together soon but I was wondering if there is someone local to KC that repairs and clearcoats playfields. I normally would try and repair this myself but in this case I would feel more comfortable having a pro do it. I'm attaching a pic of an area of concern that needs to be repaired also the sanctum needs repaired. How much should I expect to pay someone to repair these things and also clearcoat the playfield? Thanks for any help provided. 20130412_213020.jpg20130412_213020.jpg

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Chad Keller is in St. Louis and does a great job. PM him for price. Great guy. Throws an awesome party every year after New Years too.He is on here as ChadKellerhttp://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/chadkeller

Thanks Seal ill look into it

6 months later
#907 9 years ago

I figured I'd post this here and maybe someone can help me out. I want to see if someone can print me a sheet of laser printed water slide decals for the sanctum? I will gladly pay for it. I know Aurich has the text file if you need it. Thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated.

2 months later
#1004 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Recently acquired a Shadow. Been wanting to pimp one out for a while now. Anyways, playfield is clear coated. Going to do a little cabinet touch-up also (though it's nearly perfect) and then clear the cabinet as well. Starting on modding now. Here's the first one...
Thought the mini-playfield needed lighting help so added 6 SMD panels to the front hidden by the front playfield plastic and the lit the backside by mounting an amber strip directly overhead as well as purple over the right side of the rear of the playfield. I like how it came out. Power is supplied from the left front of the machine and made it plug and play.
Feedback is welcome

photo 1.JPG 220 KB

photo 2.JPG 231 KB

photo 3.JPG 230 KB

photo 4.JPG 237 KB

photo 5.JPG 179 KB

I like the lighting, looks great. Are you talking about touching up the artwork? If so isnt it a decal? How do you plan to do it?

#1006 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I'm Going to airbrush the spots it needs which is 2 small spots on the black portion of the Artwork. I'm planning to clear the cab as we'll once it's done.

Ahh I see, I would like to see pics when youre done.

1 month later
#1145 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

If someone wasnt so C&D crazy I would gladly cast my spare and make reproductions.

I think if you emailed pps they may not care if you make the rings. Many need them. Never hurts to try.

2 weeks later
#1179 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

they can. And the easiest way is to 3d print them. I dont want to take my rings off and paint them grey. but if someone wants to donate a ring to me for the cause I will 3d scan it, clean it up and print a prototype and I can see about making a bunch of them.

I can't remember if I have an extra ring, if I do I may send it if I can get a deal on some rings. What about the insert for it?

#1181 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I have an idea to print the whole ring in transparent material.. And using transparent red paint to color the stone. And paint the ring with metalic paint. I think it could work well.

If I send it to you will it ruin the ring I send? Oh also how could you go about plating the silver look of it?

Oh I see you said metallic paint, im not sure how good that would come out.

#1184 9 years ago

Id love to see replacements but I don't think im willing to risk the destruction of my one extra ring if a new one isnt exactly the same, dipped in chrome somehow with a good red insert.

#1186 9 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I will try to get my hands on a ring. step one is going to be getting the ring scanned and seeing how far I can take a 3d print. The ring can be printed in metal too.. which might look awesome.

You seem to know about this stuff, is it possible to make a mold of my extra ring and make it the old way then 3d print that one you molded that way no rings have to be destroyed? If I knew the ring I send you wouldnt get ruined I would have no problem sending it. Also metal rings would be awesome.

#1206 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Purchased my Shadow in great condition back in July. Haven't had to do much to it other than clean and replace rubbers/lights. Last night it was on in attract mode as i was working in my shop and i could hear the sound working just fine. Finished what i was working on and went over to start a game of Shadow and now there is no sound at all.
Total newbie with sound issues. Where do i start my troubleshooting to get the sound back?

Id check your fuses to see if one popped first.

#1208 9 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Thanks. I looked at them last night but I was tired so I didn't actually test them with the DMM. Will do a proper check tonight.

Let us know what you come up with.

1 month later
#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, I've read complaints about the color matching of the Sanctum decal. Who sells the best sanctum decal?

Your best bet is to print off a water slide decal of just the lettering. I printed a couple sheets of them.

#1248 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Ah, I was hoping there was a pre-made decal solution out there with good color matching. With the water slide decal, do you paint over the touch up epoxy or do you try to print it out with the lettering? Does the Little Shop of Games decal match well?

You do it just like the explanation in the post above yours.

#1258 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Not considering selling my Shadow outright, but going back and forth with a friend on a trade. What would you say a Shadow in overall excellent condition is worth right now. Perfect cabinet, excellent PF (don't know what Sanctum wear is like as a decal was applied by previous owner). No cracked plastics, all rings and Mongols in tact. Lasserific topper and Aurich translite/speaker grill.
Trying to make a trade for a TFLE combo.
Opinions?

I'd say in that condition $2500-$3000

1 month later
#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

I haven't seen a couple of the mods I've done so I wanted to share. Red LED eyes in the phurbas tied to the rings. The left eyes tied to the left rings and right eyes tied to the right rings. I also added LED strips under the diverters. I have blue under the left and red under the right. Looks cooler in person but the photo will give you an idea.

IMG_20150223_205407.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I dig them lights under the diverters. Awesome job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.