IMG_0512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1404 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1405 (resized).JPEG
IMG_7706 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #73 Insert LED bulbs and colors Posted by MnHotRod (11 years ago)

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #7873 The Shadow pistol grip info Posted by RobDutch (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holmstarrunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1282 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I can't believe these lighted back boards are not more popular, they look great! I'm torn, if this was the cityscape instead of the brick wall I would have bought it already. Don't get me wrong, the brick wall looks great but I have my heart set on the cityscape.

I have the city backdrop and it looks great. I would love a lighted plexi version of it. Those are really cool. I prefer it to the brick look.

1 month later
#1399 9 years ago

I haven't seen a couple of the mods I've done so I wanted to share. Red LED eyes in the phurbas tied to the rings. The left eyes tied to the left rings and right eyes tied to the right rings. I also added LED strips under the diverters. I have blue under the left and red under the right. Looks cooler in person but the photo will give you an idea.

IMG_20150223_205407.jpgIMG_20150223_205407.jpg
1 week later
#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

holy purpleredness batman. do you have any white bulbs in that game?

Haha, I like a suntan when I play. I'm not done yet. I've added blue lights in all the star posts that I swapped out to blue. The posts on the slingshots go off when activated but the rest always stay on. I'm still working on the battlefield. All the targets will be translucent red with red LEDs behind them. I had to hook up lights to the service port as I started blowing fuses.

#1415 9 years ago

Here's a full playfield shot to give a better idea. I'll post the finished product when I'm done. It'll be a while as I have to move at the end of the month and have a TOM arriving Wednesday.
IMG_20150302_183810.jpgIMG_20150302_183810.jpg

3 months later
#1606 8 years ago

I have a small issue. The left slingshot fires when the sanctum magnet throws the ball. It doesn't really affect anything but is mildly annoying. Any ideas on the cause?

#1609 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Probably the band on the slingshot too tight or the leaf switch blades need adjusting, they will be too close together and it will randomly fire.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

1 month later
#1749 8 years ago

My Shadow just got a couple of friends...got the idea from a Shadow I saw for sale here awhile back. It won't be for everyone but I love it!

IMG_20150807_204132.jpgIMG_20150807_204132.jpg

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hey that's a terrific backglass. Where did you get that? Best one I've seen and that I'd even consider spending $$ on.

The backglass was designed by the person I bought the pin from here on Pinside. He made it for his personal machine. To my knowledge, it's the only one.

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There was a blinged-out Shadow with Demo Man handles sold on Pinside a year or two ago. Not sure if this is the same one.

It's not the same one but that's where I got the idea. Funny, both are in AZ now.

#1762 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Who did you buy it from? I'd like to send that person a PM asking if another could be printed.

Sent you a PM. I didn't want him to get a bunch of PMs out of nowhere. Perhaps you can reach out and update the forum.

#1765 8 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Comes with a new speaker panel as well.

I really like both designs and have Aurich's as well! They both have a custom speaker panel.

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I PMed the Pinsider who made that translite and at this time he's not interested in making any more. Sounds like it was a pain in the ass, "It is two layers, the reverse layer is a decal that blacks out the light for all the blacks. And it has custom flex LED's that cast real shadows on his face. "Not always visible when people take photos of it" So it was a major pain to make."

Guess I have the only two made. When I bought it, it did come with two translites. Pictures of the extra is below. You can see the reverse side to get an idea how the shadows are done.

IMG_20150809_072622.jpgIMG_20150809_072622.jpg

IMG_20150809_072704.jpgIMG_20150809_072704.jpg

#1784 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Needless to say, I am very happy people enjoy it.

Well, I sure have. The Shadow has been my favorite game of all time and this translite has made it special and gets compliments from people that don't know it's unique. Your work is great and definitely no hurt feelings if you ever want to produce. In fact, I'd be happy for people to have two great options for alternate translites.

#1797 8 years ago

I took some side-by-side pictures of my translite. You can see the differences between the final and prototype.

IMG_0241.jpgIMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0239.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

1 month later
#2011 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Has anyone added a shaker to their Shadow somehow?

The PinSound board will allow you to do this at some point. I don't believe a shaker is supported yet but is expected to be added shortly in a software update. You'll be able to choose the sounds that will cause the shaker to go off and you'll be able to control the length and power I believe.

#2036 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Where can I get more info about this?
I would love to have a shaker motor in my TS!
I get goose bumps if I only imagine starting Khan multiball with it !!!

This thread will give some background:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsound-card-reviews-anyone

5 months later
#2591 8 years ago

Very cool. Once you get the wall made, I'll order both!

1 week later
#2602 8 years ago

I've had my Shadow for a year. I've beat final battle a few times...two weeks ago I got my first triple super jackpot and today I finally got a seven way combo! Game still brings me back for more. There is still a mode I've never beat. There are just so many rewarding challenges to this game.

#2605 8 years ago

The Beryllium Sphere is the one I've yet to beat. You can't miss more than a couple shots or time runs out. Perhaps I should focus on getting multiball at the start.

10 months later
#3459 7 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

My mini playfield motor is under-powered when moving to the right. Optos work great and it moves but so sloooooooowly.

I had a similar issue where it would stutter slowly in one direction. My fix ended up being a new flipper opto board even though it seemed fine. An easy way to test is to switch your flipper opto boards and see if it becomes slow in the other direction.

#3478 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I also need to get an idea of how many I need to build so I can order parts. The more kits the better the discount on the parts will be which translates in a lower cost for everyone.

Put me on the list...cool project! I also think 4 seconds is a little long.

5 months later
#4002 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Is anyone else using a pinsound board in your Shadow?

I've been waiting for someone to use it to add shaker support. I believe pinsound now has that capability but I'm not sure you can adjust the intensity of the shake yet. Once you can improve the sound and full shaker support, I can justify getting one.

1 year later
#5015 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’m thinking the UV would clash with the Art Deco theme. But good to know it can be disabled.
Also does the GI module do anything though on Shadow, since it doesn’t have interactive GI?

Shadow does dim the GI with the magnet lock. If you have LEDs and no LEDOCD, then I don't think you'll need it. However, if you do, you'll lose most of the effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holmstarrunner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-club?tu=holmstarrunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.