Topic Stats

• 6,672 posts
  • 558 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Stuieb84
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,772 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200120_162300 (resized).jpg
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg
20200116_225424 (resized).jpg
flip (resized).JPG
30003602 (resized).jpg
20200111_122439 (resized).jpg
20191216_121908 (resized).jpg
20200115_131749 (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).JPG
15790437858503837468966734949378 (resized).jpg
15790297376603489976081907527026 (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithoutPlastics(but1guideRemoved) (resized).jpg
Shadow-LockArea-WithPlastics (resized).jpg
IMG_8567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8565 (resized).jpeg
Shadoiw High Scoire Adjustments (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #4322 Alternate Shadow Translite and Speaker Panel Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #4328 Shadow Manual Rubber Ring Chart link Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider graysonsdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from mab487:

Anyone have an Aurich package for sale? PM me.

Message Aurich. Hes doing another run

5 months later
#5640 9 months ago

Joining the club in a couple weeks. Adding this thread.
Best place to get flasher domes? Thinking of swapping some or maybe all to purple. Cheers.

#5642 9 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Got mine from Marco - all purple, looks good.

Thanks. I'll probably order enough to do them all just incase. It has the city scape back decal so I at least want to swap out those 3. (Unless I go with a brick background) We'll see once I actually have it in my house.

2 weeks later
#5655 8 months ago

Delivery seems to have been delayed by a day. Shadow was supposed to show up tomorrow but now it looks like Monday. Would have been nice to play it over the weekend though.

#5659 8 months ago

Its here!

Arrived around noon. Had to let some condensation disappear. All seems well so far except a ring snapped right off of its screw. Little glue and she will be good as new again.

20190513_125432 (resized).jpg20190513_132433 (resized).jpg20190513_175632 (resized).jpg20190513_133341 (resized).jpg
#5663 8 months ago

Does anyone have a spare one of the threaded pins that holds
down the battlefield or know where to buy one? Mine is missing
one.

Also I'm trying to decide which titans to put on. I have some
spares around so I've been trying to see what works. I assumed
purple or light blue but a have an orange ring on the sling and it
compliments the orange trim. Has anyone used orange in their game?
If so can you send a pic please. It looks good with the one but I
could see mostly orange becoming too much. Open to other
suggestions if you have pics. So far I'm leaning toward purple
flippers rings with orange rings most of the rest of the game

#5664 8 months ago

I wonder why that post^^^ showed up so wierd

#5669 8 months ago

My gi and backglass lights have a slight flickering to them. Any advice is appreciated.
Also need to find a battlefield lockdown pin (I just have the one)
Thanks

#5671 8 months ago
Quoted from Pingball:

Only uses one pin to lock down battlefield.
Check your plugs re flickering

I'm a dummy. I just noticed it was only the one while waxing. At first glance it looks like there is a hole for the right side but it's just a black dot lol.

#5677 8 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check your settings. Dimming should be turned off for leds.

That seems to have done it. Thanks

#5679 8 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Blue and Yellow bitches. And dump the playfield bulbs under the slings. Rock lit star posts only. Look at that lighting. No blaring shit.
[quoted image]

This makes me want to play xmen

#5681 8 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

No way stern is this innovative. In addition, I don't know why anyone would want to play one over a sweet b/w. I don't even look at sterns on location if one happens to be in the establishment that is lucky enough to have me patron. Fool, do you know what thread you're in?

The flipper colours are xmen looking. Settle down agro

#5683 8 months ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

That was sarcasm.

What part of it was supposed to seem sarcastic?

#5696 8 months ago

Where can one find these mantis ramps?

#5698 8 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For Mantis stuff - https://mantispinball.com/
Mantis parts work great as factory replacments but I would ramps unless they are broken.

Thanks. My left ramp has some welds popping. Nothing major yet but I might buy a set of mantis ramps for the future.

#5706 8 months ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

P.S as a newbie to this pin, does anyone here have any pro-tips on removing the upper playfield?

The left rubber (on the battlefield) has a black pin in the center that just needs to be taken out and then the whole thing flips up for access to the rest of it. (Marcos shipping is too expensive to ship to Canada as well btw)

#5707 8 months ago

Pinstadium is taste from person to person but I rarely enjoy them. They take away from the intended light show. I especially dislike them on games that have modes intended to be darkly lit. (First game I really noticed this was Metallica, Fade to Black mode)
Shadow just needs a spot light on the battlefield and shes good usually. My answer to "should I buy pinstadiums" usually comes down to "or turn your light up". Turning the light up is a really cheap mod and helps me see my games better lol

#5708 8 months ago

I'm a new owner. Just a couple gameplay q's. How am I lighting "shadow knows"? Is it always 10m or does it grow?
What does the target between the battlefield vuc and the ball lock wall do exactly. I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I feel like it has given me Khan letters or mongol letters but it hard to tell mid gameplay.
Thanks

#5710 8 months ago

I have. It doesn't answer my questions

#5712 8 months ago

Wow
Real community vibe in this thread.

#5716 8 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

If you're always getting 10M, your game might be set to "tournament mode." Who knows is supposed to be a random award, but is equalized when set to tournament play.

Thanks. How am I lighting it though? Shadow loops?
Another question. Are the modes selected at random or is there a way to change which mode will be selected next?

#5721 8 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

http://pinball.org/rules/shadow.html
This will answer a lot of rules questions. Shadow Knows comes from spelling MONGOL I believe. Target by battlefield spots a letter. It's not something I actively shoot for so not sure. KHAN letters advances your bonus multiplier and lights Khan MB. My strategy is typically trying to start modes and completing the battlefield early to get extra ball. I try to start a MB with a mode running and go for shadow loops when I can. If you get three shadow loops in a row you get an extra ball. You can also get an extra ball in video mode - just make sure to use the gun trigger about halfway through to make sure you get it. Vengeance Mode is fun but not worth the risk if trying to complete the scarf.

Thanks. I beat the Phurba video for the first time last night. It will be much easier if the gun (I'm assuming here) kills incoming phubas AFM saucer mode style.
I'll have to go for the shadow loop extra ball. Didnt know that one.

#5726 8 months ago

Day 6.
Made it to final battle.
3 damn shots away from defeating Khan. (Battlefield was completed)
Such a fun game.

20190520_230002 (resized).jpg
#5749 8 months ago

Does anyone know of a video out there on how to best take apart the ramps?
My left ramp needs a couple welds. I was going to leave it for now but while changing my rubbers I accidentally knocked off one of the wires going to the entry opto. Since I now need to also get in there to get to the opto I figure now is the time to take it all apart and take it to a weld shop. Thanks

4 weeks later
#5869 7 months ago

2 questions.
I'm running LA-4. Is it worth getting a LA-6 stick?
My left ramp has a break in the left roll through and a popped weld under the right side. What are your feelings toward either having it spot welded at a shop or getting mantis ramps? I read a little bit saying that the mantis ramps dont feel right.
Thanks

5 months later
#6464 58 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

So here’s a picture of both of the available switch extenders. Please note that the protective film is still on the clear one with the shadow logo engraved. I will not be installing either one of them anytime soon as I have a CPR gold of that I will be using, and I will evaluate them at that point. There is definitely a difference in sizes.
I do like the clearness of the lower one, and I have also enjoyed Lermods products as well. Regardless of whom you use, I’d say that they will both be quality products that will get the job done in moving the switch downstream enough to alleviate any issues.
[quoted image]

The lower one is nice but I didnt understand when the upper one was first posted for sale. It looks like it's DIY and made out of scraps.
I had issues with this switch but after a lot of adjusting it is 100% accurate with maybe one ball hang up per 1000 plays.

#6466 58 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ours was offered prior to the engraved one being offered, check the thread history. But that doesn't really matter, either it seems will solve the underlying problem and both are barely visible during gameplay, and that's what matters most.
Ours is not made out of scraps, it's 3d printed using transparent PLA and was designed by us. It's just the infill you see. It prints in about 40 mins. I'm not going to design it to print for 3 hours and charge $13 shipped. We only are making it to help people fix the issue for a very small nominal fee...but thanks for your criticism, great motivation for wanting to be helpful.
Again, it's pretty much invisible and serves it's functional purpose. We elongated the holes for adjustments to be made on both ends and added a hole to secure the wire with a ziptie. We didn't see anyone offering these so we decided to come up with our own. For $13 shipped, how can you go wrong as it 100% fixes the issue.

I'm aware that you had yours out first. I dont need to check the thread history thanks. It still looks ugly compared to the clear engraved version. Instead of getting all defensive, maybe take the criticism and improve the product.....like the other seller has.

1 month later
#6593 18 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

The wood gun grips are nice.

The Shadow (character) has pearl or ivory inlay grips on his guns. I like the look of the wood ones but it would bother the comic fan in me.

1 week later
#6666 5 days ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Again, here is the pic of the flipper at rest - it's not bent out into the middle of the playfield (maybe you were looking at the held pic)
Either way it's subjective, are you guys seriously saying you don't modify anything on your machines because you want it OEM, or are you saying you want to change whatever you want but JUST the flippers need to stay? By that logic, anything that isn't set the way it was out of box, built by B/W, and has parity with the flyer is therefore wrong.
Shadow is too easy with default flipper orientation and you want to swap in lightnings or droop em further? - Wrong, sell the game, it's not OEM and you've made it too hard.
Different rubbers from OEM? - Wrong
Extended swtich arm or bracket mod? - Wrong[quoted image]

My flipper gap is much smaller and I still make that orbit to scoop shot on clean shots. Yours does look really far out compared to literally any other Shadow ive seen. If anything, I find most are just back as far as they go and the orbit to scoop is nigh impossible. It would be nice if the upper flipper had one of the little holes to go off of.
20200116_225418 (resized).jpg20200116_225424 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Boards
PCB Emporium

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider graysonsdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside